test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If Pixar made a Star Trek Movie/ Tv Show.......

hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Ten Forward
#1 it would look like this:

http://gizmodo.com/5984720/what-it-would-look-like-if-pixar-made-star-trek

#2 Would you watch a movie/ TV show that was made from Pixar?

Pixar does great work, and it would make for an interesting showing.

So what do you guys think?
Post edited by hawkwing43 on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    meh... better than JJ-verse
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm throwing money at it but nothing is happening
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Eh, might be good.
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If they remade TAS I would absolutely watch it.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • srgtburglarsrgtburglar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    meh... better than JJ-verse

Aw come on. We need more lens flare:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Opening a lockbox is like using a public restroom when u gotta poo.
    You are just hoping nobody blew on the seat or that all the toilet paper is gone.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sander233 wrote: »
    if They Remade Tas I Would Absolutely Watch It.
    ^^this^^*1000!!!!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,430 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, since my major issues with TAS were the animation and the network interference (you should see what David Gerrold wanted to do with "The Magicks of Megas-Tu"!), yes, I would love to see Pixar do a remake of TAS. Heck, I'd like to see a remake of TAS done by Bruce Timm! :)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Those are just Brilliant! :)

(even without the lens flares)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Well, since my major issues with TAS were the animation and the network interference (you should see what David Gerrold wanted to do with "The Magicks of Megas-Tu"!), yes, I would love to see Pixar do a remake of TAS. Heck, I'd like to see a remake of TAS done by Bruce Timm! :)

Okay, I could see a "Bruce Timm" style take on Star Trek.

Not so much Pixar, though. Why? Because as good as they are, they've never shown they can do serious drama. Adventure? Check. Laughs? Check. Drama??? Not so much.

What we would get out of Pixar is a parody of Star Trek, and while that's not such a bad idea it's not what Trek fans really want.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd watch it, but I can't say that I favor those character designs, they're just a little too comically caricatured. I rather liked Star Wars The Clone Wars and even though the characters were portrayed in caricature form it was still interesting and enjoyable.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    I'd watch it, but I can't say that I favor those character designs, they're just a little too comically caricatured.

But it's exactly the kind of thing Pixar would produce. Which reinforces my point.

btw... Not entirely sure, but I believe all of the pictures were created by photoshopping existing Pixar characters, which is why they look the way they do instead of looking more like the actual TOS characters.

But, when you think about it, the artist can get away with it because they don't look exactly like the original actors.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Not so much Pixar, though. Why? Because as good as they are, they've never shown they can do serious drama. Adventure? Check. Laughs? Check. Drama??? Not so much.

Hm...

I dunno. I mean, look at Pixar's movies. Really look at them. Yes they're mainly comedy, but how many movies these days can establish such deep, meaningful relationships and evoke such powerful emotions? If you were a kid when Toy Story happened, you can't honestly tell me you weren't on the verge of tears during the whole incinerator scene (well, you could, but I won't believe you). And the movie Up built a more meaningful relationship between two characters in nine minutes than most movies do in an hour and a half. And almost totally without dialog to boot.

A sincerely think Pixar has what it takes to do a dramatic movie that would do justice to both the campiness and seriousness of TOS.
    edited February 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Hm...

I dunno. I mean, look at Pixar's movies. Really look at them. Yes they're mainly comedy, but how many movies these days can establish such deep, meaningful relationships and evoke such powerful emotions? If you were a kid when Toy Story happened, you can't honestly tell me you weren't on the verge of tears during the whole incinerator scene (well, you could, but I won't believe you). And the movie Up built a more meaningful relationship between two characters in nine minutes than most movies do in an hour and a half. And almost totally without dialog to boot.

A sincerely think Pixar has what it takes to do a dramatic movie that would do justice to both the campiness and seriousness of TOS.
    Hell, they gave us a mature moral dilemma about what is important in life - portrayed among a bunch of mildly-anthropomorphized cars, for crying out loud! (Then ruined it with the ham-fisted moralizing in the second movie, but hey...)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Kirk looks like a thin Bob Parr from The Incredibles.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »

And how is that any different from the 2009 movie?
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    And how is that any different from the 2009 movie?

There were no laughs...?

Except of course the script.
    edited February 2013
    Was it something that didn't suck?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited February 2013
    Gerrold's original script had the Enterprise crew basically providing legal defense for Satan, who was actually innocent of the charges being leveled against him. (The basic idea was that nobody deserves to be punished for what they didn't do.) However, for some reason, NBC felt uncomfortable with this storyline in what they saw as a children's cartoon...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Hm...

TOS/TAS definitely, the other Trek eras..... not so much. Possibly and Original cast, but that has other issues.

Too bad Gonzo's not really around anymore. They did really fun Sci-Fi and lots of really experimental stuff. If anyone would make a decent Star Trek animated series it would've been them. :(
    edited February 2013
    Gerrold's original script had the Enterprise crew basically providing legal defense for Satan, who was actually innocent of the charges being leveled against him. (The basic idea was that nobody deserves to be punished for what they didn't do.) However, for some reason, NBC felt uncomfortable with this storyline in what they saw as a children's cartoon...
    That sounds worse than what they actually produced. Which is saying a lot considering how much I hated the Megas-Tu ep....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited February 2013
    Gerrold's treatment reads a lot better than my synopsis; unfortunately, he wrote it long before the Internet era, and I think the book he wrote it in is out of print.

My point still stands, I think - given a good animation studio, and a lack of pointless network interference, a revival of TAS might be really, really good.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i like the klink :-D
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Id have a Trekgasm if Pixar made a serious TNG crew movie and Data is back. Better hurry before Patrick Stewart dies.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • johnnyjohnny1969johnnyjohnny1969 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    Haha! Awesome!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is an old (but cool) discussion! :D

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=561391

EDIT: Ninja'd by altechachan! lol
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Awesome :cool:
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I say dump JJ and let Pixar do the new movie / next show. ;)
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)