test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fellow players' personal records not loading

Ahoy,

part of the amusement - as well as the ability to find people engaging in roleplay - while playing STO stems from the ability to read the personal record of other people.

You know, clicking that little "i" on their portrait / ship icon or right clicking and hitting "info".

Since a few maintenances ago, this will not load (all) the data or even the portrait of the character in question on the new window that then pops up. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it loads it partially.

I could not establish any rhyme or reason to it, and there is no pattern that I could observe.

My ping to the server with a tracert is <120ms with no packet loss, and I am experience no other issues playing.

Is this a known problem? Has it been reported (and if not, where to report it to?)? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks a lot for your assistance!
Post edited by amvielle on

Comments

• Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Interestingly enough, I have the same issue. I never thought much of it though because I have noticed most people don't fill in their biography. I do for the fun of it and people seem to really like that I do that to keep a little RP going.

If anyone comes up with a fix, please let me know!
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    torbktorbk Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Glad to hear I am not the only one.
    About 90% of all players do not load at all for me in open space.
    About 5% loads partially.
    About 5% loads completly.

When I am at Qonos or earth Spacedock its more along the lines of 40%/10%/40%.

It seems however fixing the loading problem with personal records are not prioritized.
    The user formerly known as Khern!
    I hate the fact Perfect World force-joined STO and PW accounts...
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have the issue also. I can't even load my own bio most of the time. I gave up trying to load others bio's, figured it was working as intended, and I didn't need to know others info.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So it isn't just me then. This has been going on for a few months now, I think I first noticed this around the time s7 went live although I could be wrong.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    amvielleamvielle Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, six people care at least? :)

I'm somewhat hopeful since they recently ran a feature on roleplaying. Maybe join me in trying to bring this issue to attention at the RP roundtable today in your respective time zone?

Hope dies last, and all that.