Install Arc
Options

ET Breaks EBC

2»

Comments

• Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And the sad part is, it still failed to clean the viral matrix of the romulan ship at Acamar when I tried it after the patch. The VM came back after ET1 lapsed.
  • Options
    redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes.

It has nothing to do with Shields Offline. It has to do with the special method we came up with for cleansing Delayed Effects, as applied by Viral Matrix, and unforeseen side effects thereof.

Speaking of unforeseen effects and KDF ships, what do you think of my sig?
    p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How did Pakleds infiltrate my Engineering Teams? I know KDF may not have the brightest bulbs in the bunch, but I'd appreciate it if the Feds kept their own problems to themselves.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2013
    We're going to implement a temporary fix that will prevent ET from having adverse effects on beneficial abilities/modes like EBC and Garumba Seige Mode.

The down side is that this will make it so that ET can only completely cleanse Viral Matrix, if used >3 seconds after it is applied to the target. Otherwise, the effects of ET will wear off before the final VM subsystem offline variable occurs.

This is a temporary state of affairs that we will revisit in the future.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    We're going to implement a temporary fix that will prevent ET from having adverse effects on beneficial abilities/modes like EBC and Garumba Seige Mode.

The down side is that this will make it so that ET can only completely cleanse Viral Matrix, if used >3 seconds after it is applied to the target. Otherwise, the effects of ET will wear off before the final VM subsystem offline variable occurs.

Works for me, thx. Seriously though no more Pakleds on KDF crew, make the next one a Fed problem plz :P
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    C&H Fed banter
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

that basicly sound like a revert, thats sort of what you had to do befor the change. what about doffed VM? thats well after any ET wears off.

i really hate to suggest such a thing, because its such a problem with TT, but maybe the clear should be lengthened to 10 seocnds? that should cover even the mightiest of VM. theres nothing ET clears thats like the attack patterns, so.. their should not be a crippling impact to anything
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    that basicly sound like a revert, thats sort of what you had to do befor the change. what about doffed VM? thats well after any ET wears off.

i really hate to suggest such a thing, because its such a problem with TT, but maybe the clear should be lengthened to 10 seocnds? that should cover even the mightiest of VM. theres nothing ET clears thats like the attack patterns, so.. their should not be a crippling impact to anything

I think the issue is if you wait 3 seconds the VM Doff et al effects will be decided. At that point use ET and you clear them all.
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    C&H Fed banter
  • Options
    maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

so when a target is hit by a vm that lasts 13-14 seconds and has a chance to have extra subsystems proc offline (thanks to 1-3 doffs that can each trigger an extra system offline after 7 or seconds)...

the only way to clear all that is to basically wait until the vm has already gone through at least 3 seconds so that when you use the engineering team its last second will be at the 8 second mark so that those "extra" offline systems that are triggered will be covered by the engineering team.

thats what youre telling us correct?

thats basically what has had to be done already, so youre basically reverting the engineering team to how it was right?
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    maicake716 wrote: »
    so when a target is hit by a vm that lasts 13-14 seconds and has a chance to have extra subsystems proc offline (thanks to 1-3 doffs that can each trigger an extra system offline after 7 or seconds)...

the only way to clear all that is to basically wait until the vm has already gone through at least 3 seconds so that when you use the engineering team its last second will be at the 8 second mark so that those "extra" offline systems that are triggered will be covered by the engineering team.

thats what youre telling us correct?

thats basically what has had to be done already, so youre basically reverting the engineering team to how it was right?

I take the completely cleanse part to include the Doffs part, I could be wrong though. Worse comes to worse usea battery or eptx for the 1st 3 seconds and use ET after 3 seconds.
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    C&H Fed banter
  • Options
    dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Its Ker'rat after all. Have fum
    Fun? Fun???

Killing Feddies at Ker'rat is srs bsns ;)