test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BUG: Borg DOFFs Not Unlocking in Reputation System (RESOLVED 2/21!)

124»

Comments

• sunmoonrasunmoonra Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the information....thought i was missing something again. So glad I spent all that time doing PVE, just to have nothing to show for it now.
  • thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    *sings that old Springsteen song.* One step up, two steps back...
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Having the same issue too... geez...
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    this bug they claim they aware of and found the problem. question is when we getting a fix?
  • tovalmorgantovalmorgan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    this bug they claim they aware of and found the problem. question is when we getting a fix?

they dont really do emergency maintenance, so my guess would be the normal window next thursday.....:mad:
    "We are the Perfect World. Life as you know it is over. We will add your monetary distinctiveness to our own. Your player base will adapt to service us. Resistance is Futile."
  • manileraimanilerai Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same problem, devs are aware, fix coming...

Seriously though, when I told my fleet of this, and the fact that it was something found and reported on the test server and published to live anyway - their response was: "In other news, fire is hot, ice is cold, and you'll probably get wet by jumping in a lake."

I think some process needs fixing when your playerbase routinely expects anything new to be broken in some way, and that the broken-ness was reported well before it hit live.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If there ever was a case for emergency maintainence, I would say this qualifies.

And I've seen some pretty fast turnaround on bugfixes, so it's definitely possible!
    Discovered first day, fixed second day!

Mind you, those are things that benefit the players, for example, a tribble exploit.

Which leads me to the cynicism:

"If it's bad for the players, fix it later, if it's bad for the game, fix it now!"

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If there ever was a case for emergency maintainence, I would say this qualifies.

Dude, the launch of Season 7 released a new graphics code that utterly crippled every Intel integrated card user for 2 and a half months, with the only offered workaround being "a thing some dude in the tribble sub-forum worked out" (bless that man).

If they wouldn't roll that back, you're crazy if you think they're going to jump the gun on this. Especially since it's a long weekend in the US so I assume the office is half empty today anyway.

I'm annoyed by this bug but what I'm saying is it's not even close to being a top tier issue, and I expect it to be sorted next Thursday on the weekly patch.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, I did the reputation assignment but received no Doff(s). A waste of dilithium and EC. I sent a bug report, but since I never get any kind of response for them, I'm posting here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wildeye042wildeye042 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's the only store unlock I've bought and when I bring up the Rep Store the only option is "Exit". Ticket is now almost a week old.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Your wish has been granted. In a few hours the Feb. 21 patch will go live and this will be fixed.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8216091#post8216091
    Players will now be able to access Liberated Borg Duty Officers in the Omega Reputation store after completing the unlock requirements.

The tribble server patch notes go up a couple days or so before the regular patch notes and the fix was posted to the test server on Feb. 18 if you people bothered to check the forums before starting a new thread about a bug that was already announced it was being fixed.

Tribble server patch notes, Feb. 18 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=558291
    Players will now be able to access Liberated Borg Duty Officers in the Omega Reputation store after completing the unlock requirements.

Before posting a bug on the forums, check the latest tribble patch notes here and see if your problem is already being taken care of: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    This has now been resolved :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.