test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - February 13, 2013

zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20130128a.13

General:
  • Resolved an issue that could cause the Dilithium mining minigame to display incorrectly.
  • The Foundry daily missions have been replaced.
    • The existing daily missions have been removed.
    • Now, all qualifying Foundry missions will automatically reward a scaling amount of Dilithium and skill points/expertise.
    • Dilithium will be rewarded based on the average playtime of the mission.
    • All spotlight missions will reward the same as a qualifying mission, with two exceptions.
      • Once every 24 hours, the first spotlight mission completed in that time frame will get a bonus 1440 Dilithium.
      • Once every 24 hours, the first spotlight mission completed in that time frame will get a scaling amount of Energy Credits, based on the player's level.
  • The Fleet Level display will no longer be cut off for fleets with really long names.
  • The Winter 2012 Fleet Project can now be cancelled.
    • Only a Fleet Leader will be able to cancel this project.
    • This permission cannot be delegated to members of lower ranks.
    • Any items donated toward the completion of the project will be lost and not refunded.
    • Any Fleet Credit earned by donating to this project is kept.
  • Resolved a graphics issue that was introduced with the last patch to Tribble and caused some players to get blue screens or black screens.

Systems:
  • Updated Tricobalt Mines & Triciobalt Torpedoes:
    • Reduced the cooldown of both of these weapon types from 60sec to 30sec.
    • Their damage has been halved as a result of this cooldown reduction, keeping their Damage-per-Second constant.
    • The shared Cooldown on multiple Tricobalt Mines has been reduced from 30sec to 15sec.
    • The shared Cooldown on multiple Tricobalt Torpedoes has been reduced from 30sec to 15sec.
    • The global Cooldown for all Tricobalt devices has been reduced from 15sec to 5sec.
Post edited by zer0niusrex on

Comments

• Options
    redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can has Orion deployables on Jem HEC?
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sad to see the Tricobalt nerf. It was fun being able to insta-gib STF targets.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    # The global Cooldown for all Tricobalt devices has been reduced from 15sec to 5sec.

Sounds like it's time to equip multiple tric launchers.
    ;)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What about the Fleet Marks that were granted from the Foundry Daily? Are those gone as well?
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.25.20130128a.13
    • Now, all qualifying Foundry missions will automatically reward a scaling amount of Dilithium and skill points/expertise.
    • All spotlight missions will reward the same as a qualifying mission, with two exceptions.
    • Once every 24 hours, the first spotlight mission completed in that time frame will get a bonus 1440 Dilithium.
    • Once every 24 hours, the first spotlight mission completed in that time frame will get a scaling amount of Energy Credits, based on the player's level.

Understandable changes. But I must ask, why couldn't a "scaling amount of Fleet Marks" be applied to all qualifying missions as well?
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Sounds like it's time to equip multiple tric launchers.
    ;)
    Won't work. You have to deal enough damage before the healers of the match can more than overheal their target in just one tick. I'ts either Insta-Gib or wasted effort.

EDIT: Doh, thought you quoted me for some reason.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Patched. Even though the server isn't up yet I can already tell that you didn't fix the video options bug I've reported several days ago.

I guess broken graphics for me (and probably many other people) starting tomorrow... *sigh*

Also this:
    I can has Orion deployables on Jem HEC?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited February 2013
    I like those Foundry changes. The theory seems sound to me: get rewarded proportional to the length of the mission.

But it would be good to get some clarification on the fleet mark issue.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    walshicus wrote: »
    What about the Fleet Marks that were granted from the Foundry Daily? Are those gone as well?

Correct; they are no longer offered with these Foundry reward changes.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Are there going to be increases elsewhere? There was a reason they were added in the first place, after all...
  • Options
    djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited February 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Considering that the Foundry is my main source of fleet marks, I've got to say i'm a bit irked at this decision.
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • Options
    starlancedstarlanced Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Put the nerf bat down and walk away please.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I am not exactly thrilled about this, but I'm ok with it if they are taking a look at the whole fleet mark situation and increasing through other means.

if its give and take - thats fine. (someone might want to update this quickly before this blows up into another argument).

if its take only, then that wont go over well at all.
  • Options
    starlancedstarlanced Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ST.25.20130128a.13

Systems:
    • Updated Tricobalt Mines & Triciobalt Torpedoes:
      • Reduced the cooldown of both of these weapon types from 60sec to 30sec.
      • Their damage has been halved as a result of this cooldown reduction, keeping their Damage-per-Second constant.
      • The shared Cooldown on multiple Tricobalt Mines has been reduced from 30sec to 15sec.
      • The shared Cooldown on multiple Tricobalt Torpedoes has been reduced from 30sec to 15sec.
      • The global Cooldown for all Tricobalt devices has been reduced from 15sec to 5sec.

Do these changes apply to something like the temporal disruptor device, it's a fancy tricobolt, which at the moment is pretty useless due to it's CD and 'let me get out of my ship and push' speed of the torpedoes?
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That is actually a good change being its been hour long waits for any fed or kdf fleet event with the foundry supplying fleet marks. Although I think the blockade and the ground ones should offer more fleet marks though like NWS does especially since people I know aren't interested in doing NWS.
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When I first learned about the Foundry all those seasons ago I predicted that people would flood the "market" with dailies, shooters, and exploit missions.

My predictions panned out, and here we are today.

Cryptic is FINALLY getting on track in regards to stopping these ******n farming missions. Either play the game and earn the rewards same as everyone else or go find another game to play. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    meurik wrote: »
    Understandable changes. But I must ask, why couldn't a "scaling amount of Fleet Marks" be applied to all qualifying missions as well?

Fleet Marks should be awarded for specific fleet or group content, so they were not considered to remain in this new rewards structure.

I'm trying to locate the patch note when they were introduced, but I'm fairly certain that it mentioned they were for a limited-time or were temporary, or at least that was the intent.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    meurik wrote: »

Fleet Marks should be awarded for specific fleet or group content, so they were not considered to remain in this new rewards structure.

I'm trying to locate the patch note when they were introduced, but I'm fairly certain that it mentioned they were for a limited-time or were temporary, or at least that was the intent.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

fair enough and yes it makes sense, but again can someone look at increasing the current rewards or adding new ways in the immediate future or are they staying the same till the next big update?

as every fleet is getting higher up in the tiers, the cost is increasing so its only getting harder and harder as everyone goes along and a big way to earn marks just went away.

if promoting the fleet content is the goal then great, but people could use a little compensation via more marks per mission to help out.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

As long as we get another 15 minutes 50 marks reward that's ok. Otherwise, expect flamewars and a lot of anger on the forums soon. :)

Because grinding for marks is boring with the same 7-8 missions. It's been 6 months, and there's nothing new/fun anymore with those, and the starbase and fleet embassy are really demanding.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited February 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I do seem to recall that. I do think you'd do well to add them to PvP, as that is almost exclusively group content.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    There needs to be an increase in the quantity of fleet marks provided (or a decrease in the quantity required). And would it really be so bad if the Fleet Defence missions granted 400 Dilithium as well?
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited February 2013
    Oh, so dilithium is the only reward for doing the foundry once this goes live....

Finally I can drop the foundry all together thanks!

/sarcasm off
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    fair enough and yes it makes sense, but again can someone look at increasing the current rewards or adding new ways in the immediate future or are they staying the same till the next big update?

as every fleet is getting higher up in the tiers, the cost is increasing so its only getting harder and harder as everyone goes along and a big way to earn marks just went away.

if promoting the fleet content is the goal then great, but people could use a little compensation via more marks per mission to help out.

Feel free to leave feedback about that in here :) I'll make sure to pass it along.
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    I do seem to recall that. I do think you'd do well to add them to PvP, as that is almost exclusively group content.

I believe that is possibly being considered, but I don't have an ETA or update beyond that.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    ufpcarlsonufpcarlson Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Um...but some of the so called "fleet" events already in game can be played with a group as small as 5, and you can play foundry missions with a 5 man group too. So why take away something that was already there?
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Okay, so fleet marks being removed from the Foundry repeatable. I can deal with that...

... so where are they being added to make up for the lack of the 10,500 fleet marks needed for the Tier 2 embassy upgrade?

I mean, they are being added elsewhere, right? Like with the dilithium economy balancing?

That is going to happen, right?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »

Fleetmarks added to pvp will likely disarm this bomb.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    cerberusfilmscerberusfilms Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ST.25.20130128a.13

General:

Zero.. need I say it... WE LOVE YOU !!!! SCALING REWARD :D:D

Seems like robust and fair system all around :) It's exactly what we've been promised :D
    Foundry Enthusiast
    Machinima Person
    Did some things back in the day

Now a Games Developer and Researcher
  • Options
    mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Fleet Marks for PvP FTW!
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Fleetmarks added to pvp will likely disarm this bomb.

Yeah it will disarm one bomb but it will ignite another one from fleet mark afkers.
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Feel free to leave feedback about that in here :) I'll make sure to pass it along.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon: My feedback is as follows: We need more "grind maps." We need more challenges that reward Omega and Fleet Marks. STFs have become a rote exersise at this point including the Into the Hive and Onslaught ones. The Fleet Mark maps are dead, though I expect traffic to pick up once the dailies are shut down.

How about this: Hook the "fleet mark grind" into the random mission generator for the exploration engine. The end result may be the same (kill X number of trash mobs, flip Y number of switches) but at least the maps will be different as will the opponents. This will increase the replay value one trillion percent AND allow Cryptic to showcase it's random "world generator."