test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic: February 2013 - Submit Your Questions, Please!

Comments

• Options
    palgiapalgia Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello Captains!

Please post your questions below and dStahl will answer selected questions from all those received. Please post them today as I will ship questions off to Daniel tomorrow.

Also, remember that questions will not be answered in this thread -- answers will be posted in an upcoming "Ask Cryptic" Web Feature that should be released before the end of the month.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    greetings, look, I have a problem, so far you like Star Trek Online team did not give me a solution, the problem is that I and I have all the pieces in the OMEGA MK XII Kero character, Federation, but acolade even sige as that is not fulfilled or if not completed, please give me a logical and timely, thanks.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Could a future Romulan faction have a playable feline species?
  • Options
    jetlaya90jetlaya90 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Mr. Stahl

First off all i appreciate what you have done so far, keep up the good work. What i have to say is more suggestions then actuall questions, and with You being busy i doubt this question will be answered but none the less i wish to express what i think it might be good ideas.

1. Old Lobi Ship's - (Such as D'kora, Ferengi ship) why wouldnt they become available after some time in C-store ? Not all of us got access to Lobi store due to many RL money issues or cause of another things, so maybe adding those to C-store wouldnt be such bad idea, cause for us who cannot afford them via Lobi, we would have goal towards working for something if they would be C-store available.

2.Once a year Fleet's Friendly competition (Let me explain) :

No doubt that there are many fleets out there (over 16.500 k + if im not mistaken), and each of us claims that our Fleet is the best arround. So why not organize either as ingame event's at fixed date's friendly competition with other fleet's ? First some sort of preliminary rounds. Competition would be done via (as i see it) between PVE maps (idk STF's current maps or maybe specially tuned and STF's maps or some other Fleet Actions that could "house" the tournament itself) or PVP maps or why not both ? Ofc you could have set on rules wich you see fit such as idk (Fleet representative would have to choose its 4 man team + 1 additional teammate and for example lets take KASE map, you die during the match you could have like 3 strikes, you fill them up, you cannot as player continue to that map, but your "bench" teammate would have to take over instead of you idk as i say its suggestion only). Prizes would be idk, (with an ingame admin's or You as judge) divided to 3 spots. So idk some material for your fleet/embassy, Dilithium, Marks (FM's OM's etc.). I think id be great way of further entertaiment and most importantly team work.

3.You surely are more then aware of the costs issues we all have due to Embassy now and SB completition + Rep System itself. Any chance that Dilithium requirements for SB and Embassy project become cheaper in sense of dilithium ? I can understand sometimes Special Projects or Upgrades even. But for standard idk Engineering SB project to ask us for tone of dilith such as idk 140, 160k + it aint small thing to fill up and certainly not an easy one, esspecially when you know that you got to take care for Rep System, and if you are saveing dilithium for c-store purchase, there is lil or none left ( i often feel like in minus with dilithium not even at some steady point). Simply with even all the converting stuff it aint enough.

4. Any chance of removing Zen as needed currency on stuff like Captain Respec Token ? Frankly i think its bit overreacted and not needed. If there must be a price, then why not something wich we can obtain eassily ? Such as idk 1 Respec = 10k EC or idk 50k ? I think that this would be of alot of help to all of us, and it wouldnt damage you in any way. And with all dilithium needed elsewhere it really becomes a pain when you need something like that ASAP, but you must diver then dilithium from other stuff wich are more important then that.

Ty for everything you did so far for STO its good work, and i got no doubt that it will rise more over the time :)
  • Options
    tron1001tron1001 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Prior to Season 7 the current engine, Champion engine I believe, was running beautifully but with the latest release the engine is starting to show its age. Graphical errors such as pop-in textures and lag times increasing. Are there any plans to update or even overhaul the engine to make it so that these issues don't increase in severity? Is there a plan to port the game to a newer engine or create a brand new engine to support the game? An engine created for this game specifically would be an amazing achievement.
  • Options
    materwindumaterwindu Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I like all the various bridges we have available in game now, however, I was a little disappointed to see that the Breen Chel Grett and the Ambassador Class did not have a custom bridge available. Are there any plans to release a unique bridge for the Chel Grett, or Bridge Packs from the movies set in between ToS and TNG? And are there any plans to include a bridge set like the Stargazer and Enterprise C had in their respective shows?
  • Options
    ntrprzdntrprzd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have three questions

are you guys working on more storyline for STO?

Also will there be more factions to play as?

and can you redo the entire Klingon story line after about two chapters it is just like the federation story line?

PS who came up with the idea leave the players hanging after the end of the undine chapter and not add anything?
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can you comment on the state of Foundry, in a way that addresses some of the issues being raised by the authors and players?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    athourstathourst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Any plans on adding in Warp Engine counsels for are ships instead of just the Impulse Engines?
    Can we have warp boost consumables?
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i8472 wrote: »
    How is it this "universe" is still around since Volcan was destroyed in the movie by JJ Abrams... and in the temporal ambasador episode it changed the time line in stead of creating an alternate universe when 1 ship The U.S.S Enterprise C doesn't make it to where ever it supposed to go?

Um......this isn't the JJverse, this is the prime verse.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    nomad769nomad769 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Enterprise-C still got to where it was supposed to be and there fore the timeline remand> The fact that they had "side trip" is irrelevant to the timeline and no thank the gods this isnt the JJ verse
  • Options
    texaco2063texaco2063 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a question/suggestion. When will we get the ability for more races in the character creator? Such as, Half Vulcan, Half Betazoid, and any other half breed species. Also, What about antennae that move for the Andorians? I saw you posted about expanded character creation expansion, are these anywhere on that list?
  • Options
    four7alphatangofour7alphatango Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Towards the end of last year, we saw the Vesta and 2 variants of it added to the game. Would it be possible sometime down the line to add related content and missions to the novels we see Capt. Dax and the Aventine's crew in, (ex, the Caeliar and their story from the Destiny novels, the rise and formation of the Typhon Pact in the novels of the same name)?

On a similar note, when might we be able to see the Tzenkethi and other Alpha Quadrant powers such as the Talarians begin to make their way ingame?
  • Options
    dem613dem613 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why is there no free ship change when level 50 (rear admiral) is reached? It's either buying zen (which I do not want to pay for) or fleet marks or other? Why can't it be like the other "decade" levels? (10, 20, 30, 40)
  • Options
    vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why do you introduce things like party poppers and balloon guns? All they do is feed the trolls, which your rules warn against doing.

i.e.

Cryptic : Don't bother the neighbors with loud music.

Player : Okay.. If I must.

Cryptic: Here is a music blasting machine.

Player: What? I can't hear you.. I am blasting my music machine you just gave me! Woo Party!
    :eek:
  • Options
    nx170487nx170487 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello people, once again happy birthday. :)

Thanks for the lovely ship and the great mission, has made really a lot of fun.

Please continue to work so diligently on this great game, so we are seeing many more birthdays.

So here's the question I hope you take one of these.

Will we soon see a matching Ambassador Bridge, perhaps in the store?

Will there be a possibility that we see live in the star system based more.

As for example a planet or a comet flying through the system.
    just a little more to live in this really blank map.
    Even if we are level 4 and there ships flying around there's something missing.

Look again at your video where you can see the system in action, so it should look like please.

And here's my last question:

I like to collect the ships from the game and put them in my hangar.
    To fly them now and then, just because it's Star Trek.

I have bought from the store then the hangar slots but now I have reached the limit and now I can not buy any more of them in the store longer and I need more please!

Will we soon be able to buy more?

Your faithful Nx Data

Please excuse my bad English. (Google Translate) :D
  • Options
    locozocolocozoco Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Are you guys looking at fixing the Optional Rewards granted? Those of use whom get blown up in space ELITE STF's and are currently waiting to respawn when the optional objective is completed are not getting the Optional (15) Omega Reputation Mark rewards.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    With the implementation of the Reputation System and further progress to that system, will there be a way to cancel an incorrectly chosen project or can you implement a drop down list for selection specification of Mk X, Mk XI,and Mk XII items so that one does not accidentally chose the incorrect level of gear if one is at max reputation level.
  • Options
    virtis9virtis9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will STO's in-game customer service get better? My last ticket took 9 days to get a reply. The previous ticket took 22 days to "resolve", although I got zero help.

As a paying customer, service is very important to me. You've already lost my business, and that of my friends who have experienced the same horrible service, and/or sympathize with me. STO was really fun and I would love to return, but please win back my business with better customer service. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Are you guys looking into a way of discouraging people from entering an STF and not participating? Those that enter an STF just to collect the rewards at the end should not be allowed to collect a single reward. No Marks, Dilithium or Borg Neural Processors.
  • Options
    goldentailgoldentail Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    2 questions for ya kind sir,
    1: Is there going to be at some point a way to change the look of our Fleet bases instead of all of them looking the same?
    2: We get to name our star bases, but when you warp in on a Fleet action. It just shows the base name as "Star Base" or something along that line. I think it would be a major morale boost seeing your own Fleet base in action.
  • Options
    sc0rpi0besc0rpi0be Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When are the Tholian, or what I like the call the "Trholian" Red Alerts gone be fixed?

When is their gone be a a expansion on the 400 Duty Officer cap?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shogun547shogun547 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    HI Dan! First of all all, let me say thanks for all the incredible hard work you guys put in on this game to keep it great!! My question is two fold:

1. Some people (me especially) are starting to max out all categories on their duty officer system. When you get there.. you expect fireworks and trumpets and.... NOTHING. Could we have have an accolade for maxing out the ENTIRE duty officer system? Also, could certain special missions be made available to those who do max it out that offer even greater rewards, for instance: DOFF Missions that DIRECTLY award fleet marks that pop up randomly? Those of us who strive to max the system out, there should be SOMETHING for that, and directly awarding fleet marks would be a great incentive to keep grabbing those missions!

2. The accolade system is futile. There is no incentive to chase those titles, and the passives just dont cut it, what if every accolade collected rewarded the player with either a fixed or randomized amount of dilithium or ZEN? Nothing huge, maybe 5 zen or something like that, but something meaningful, that would make getting all the accolades worthwhile, and people would be everywhere in the game, chasing them down!!! Again, thanks for all the good work and god bless!
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will the Karfi and Orion Marauder be getting fleet variants?

In a recent interview you mentioned the next major thing to come to ships will be warp engines that effect the ships performance. Can you expand on that and give us some detail on what it might entail?
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    sudonamisudonami Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    With the veteran rewards ended at day 1000, what is possibly coming to subscribers for STO?
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Question 1:

With the exception of the addition of more doffs which each lockbox, it's been almost a year now, since the duty officer system has gotten any new content in the form of new space or department head assignments. The Romulan sectors (especially Tau Dewa) are a complete wasteland for doffers and I was rather disappointed that we didn't get any new assignments when New Romulus launched.

Can we expect the Doff system (esp. in Romulan sectors) to recieve some love in the future, or is it pretty much staying the way it currently is?

Question 2:

Is there any chance the "Patrol System" missions outside Tau Dewa are going to be part of a repeatable daily as well?

Question 3:

Any hope in getting the T4 marauding Boff fixed? It's been over a year now that it was promised that someone would be looking into it. Ever since then there was no feedback on the issue. Any feedback or reaction, even if it were something like "We know it's a problem, but it's not easy to fix" would probably appease a lot of frustrated doffers.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=247350
    (post #7 and #10 were posts from a Dev)
  • Options
    general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello Dan, 1st off Congrats on all the success so far.

1) What are the possibilities of the Doug Drexler NX Refit being released since we now have the Vesta and the Ambassador?

2) Will we be seing a Temporal Cold war soon? It was many fans favorite part of Star Trek: Enterprise.

3) How Soon can we expect to see the Delta Quadrant?

-Thank you for your time and have a great day.
    -Vice Admiral Devon Smelker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why do you seem afraid to answer some of the more critical questions people ask? Recent Ask Cryptic's have been full of questions that are "PR friendly" and don't really seem to address the game's more serious issues, such as the poor quality control and the plethora of bugs that plague the game after a large patch is implemented.

And again I ask, what is being done about quality control?
  • Options
    dralthcaandralthcaan Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I fully understand that an extremely small fraction of anything in this thread will be worked on/in/through in any speedy time frame. Therefore I would like to suggest a possibility for a future lock-box opportunity and open up one aspect of Star Trek that posed an interesting morale subject. The Omega Molecule.
    Has Starfleet or the KDF come to a point of development and understanding to finally apply the use of a Harmonic Resonance Chamber to stabilize some Omega Molecules and fuse their awesome power into our starships?
    True there would be a degradation of their total power with the limited technologies available. So as that it wouldn't completely overbalance the game experience.
    I know I would probably spend way too much money on getting keys to open Omega Molecule lock-boxes.

Happy B-day STO <3
  • Options
    kaifonokaifono Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why weren't the Odyssey vessels put in their own respective categories, and no option to put a special universal console on a ship of our choice?
  • Options
    nathanaeljenathanaelje Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When the level cap is increased, are there going to be weapons and consoles beyond mk XII? Because a lot of people have spent a lot of time getting purple Mk XII equipment and it would suck to have to do it all over again. I know this is getting far from the question but if there will be upgraded equipment/ships, perhaps it would be a good idea to have it be obtainable through upgrades of existing equipment. Eg a doff system that upgrades purple Mk XII to purple Mk XIII (or whatever the new stuff is), and blue to blue etc.
    I just know I wouldn't be too happy with having to basically start my setup again >.<
This discussion has been closed.