test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• germanjarheadgermanjarhead Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    got to love being at 4000 spot as i logged on at 7:30 PST and now the que is up too 21k... why dont they have more servers.. or be more like EVE... so much for buying expansion and higher member ship if i have been waitting a hour to play this is bull
  • wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am so angry right now at this bull****.

I, like everyone else on these forums, actually play this game every day.

I, like everyone else here likely, have spent actual money to buy in-game nonsense for this game.

And I, like everyone else here, am stuck suffering the indignity and disrespect of waiting in an eternal queue (of which I'm 14,500 out of 19,500) so that the fair-weather players and the noobies can take up our slots.

It's insulting.
  • dummynamedummyname Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For some reason I am having a hard time believing there are 20 thousand people that play this game. :P
    24 Hours a day, 365 days a week.
  • trbblemedictrbblemedic Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    24 hours ago I was blissfully unaware of the impending DOOM lurking just upon the horizon. Now that I'm stuck in the traffic jam of the new improved STO I miss the good old days of the one game I could always rely upon..... PONG!!!:P:P
  • geolagergeolager Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It went from 11k to 13k in queue when I jumped on.

It doesn't bug me too much as I have to be going to work here, but that's crazy considering I have never seen a queue for this game ever.
  • natewest1natewest1 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in the low 1400s and have not moved as well. Want to close the game and call it a night, but I still want stick around to see how this ends.
  • glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    was playing just hit 5 then disconnected now 276 out of 20,000 LOL I done. Try again sometime much later... Oh wait just logged in...
  • stryker67stryker67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been at 1882 with no changes for over an hour...
  • sirwinnersirwinner Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have screenshots that show that nearly 17,000 people were added to the LOGIN QUEUE in just 1 hour.

Surely PWE knows about this and HOPEFULLY someone at PWE will finally address this issue soon.

I play STO daily and this is just plain ridiculous.

:(
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    172 out of 28159

In again... lets see if it lasts longer than 4 minutes this time.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • greenmugat0greenmugat0 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    conquest83 wrote: »
    19.8k almost 20kk people how high can it go

Lets see..I'm in at 642 out of 21,002.. so does that answer your question? :D:D
  • tahlloltahllol Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smi3th wrote: »
    Hmmm...

tahllol, it sounds like you are trying to correct lan451's grammar here. But I assure you that "used to work" is correct in this instance. "Used" is the past tense and "use" is in the present tense.

Your phrase would have been correct in a sentence like: "This paintbrush is what I use to work on my paintings."

Not trying to correct his language at all it is the fact that he does not work in that field any longer and was probably fired for laughing at people. That is a lawsuit waiting to happen especially in this day and age.
  • manlyyamsmanlyyams Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess "we're working to get everyone into the game" is really just "we're kicking out these silver chuckleheads and making room for subscribers.. and we STILL can't fit all of you in, HA HA HA HA HA HA *literally laughs all the way to the bank*"
  • torchstonetorchstone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm currently waiting in the queue and i am 17097th!:mad: how many players can be on the server at one time? How long will i probably be waiting?:confused:
  • kargandarrkargandarr Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems like, to me anyway, that they are not going to let any more free to play players in the game. No matter where a pay to play comes in at they let them in before anyone else. A fleet mate of mine logged in at around 16000 and he was playing within five minutes, while I have been waiting around an hour. What's up with this. You might be waiting until doomsday at this rate.
  • hunterpdx1hunterpdx1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did run an experiment because I truly wanted to see what the difference was between gold and non-gold. I have been a paid subscriber before, I just let it lapse, so in the interest of seeing if I moved I did these things.

As a silver, I started the queue #6814 out of 8226 (or thereabouts). I stuck around until the second number went up to around 13K. Then I logged out and back in, my login number jumped to a little over 10000 and the total value was over 18000.

Then I went and paid for a monthly subscription. Five minutes later I was in game typing this as I run around through a cave shooting at bugs.

Whether or not you agree, disagree or anything in between this is the observed data. I make no value judgment about it, I simply offer the information as I was curious myself.
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    <== Old Troll Geezer on vacation this week... I got plenty of time to wait. :D

We're not going :D do have to ask Cryptic though when I typed in "Star Trek Trolling" the Legacy of Romulus came up lol.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • gidydudegidydude Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if any Silver players are logging in...
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and im back in again, second time in 20 minutes. >_>

i dont get why no one else is moving in this thread, ive logged in and out three times in the last half hour. i just wait about 10-15 minutes in queue and bam

It's not moving for some people, conversing with fleet mates in TeamSpeak golds silvers and lifers some get in some the number never moves.
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I gave up when the F2P queue hit 20k and my position remained unchanged. I could be wrong, but if Gold members are getting a login queue, then I don't think F2P members are even going to get a chance to login till the Gold queue is gone.

In my opinion, the very fact that the game even needs login queues in the first place indicates that it needs a substantial infrastructure upgrade.
  • jwirecom109jwirecom109 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    13.5k of 20.5k and no end in sight.

I've been around for along time with online games, asheron's call had massive server back up back in the day.

Its not the end of the world boys and girls.

BUT IT DOES SUCK.

in the end all the whining and ******** people are doing they will still play, and more will join.

We are on their time line, their not on ours.

Just gotta wait and see what happens Hopefully we get in soon.
  • mythdrannor32mythdrannor32 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The queue is NOT moving forward. The number of folks joining the queue is getting higher. 21,000???

I assume it's a bug showing inflated numbers like NWO launch a couple weeks back.

Should we just come back next week or are you going to fix this?
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    149 out of 20603
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • john53ajohn53a Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kind of funny lifetime and gold/silver players waiting in Que's hmm i thought we were not suppose to wait in line that is why we pay for sub's LOL someone should tell Perfect world they have a problem.........
  • unadieunadie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would sign up a day before an expansion release >.>

*sighs*

10300 to 20509 que
  • digtalnarcosisdigtalnarcosis Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep getting this once I get through the line:

Fatal Error: Error decompression data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.;

Technical Details: Error decompressing data. Verifying files in the launcher may fix this issue.:
    Annimation_Library/Sto_Face/Sto_Mood_Idle_Mad.Atrk:

:mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been in an unmoving line for over an hour, 909 forever
  • thedarkone198thedarkone198 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    14941 of 20666 (O_o). I think I will give up for tonight and fire up my PS3 or something...
  • gabriael69gabriael69 Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    what i dont get is how i been 16841 out of 20772 and the que number im at has not went down even ones in 2hr but the other number grows :cool:
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Y'all american kids should go to bed already, your parents will be angry, and there is school tomorrow and all. :D