edited June 2016
    LJ9Szad.png
    Post edited by lobstertan on
  • nunoespadinha#0711 nunoespadinha Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    lobstertan wrote: »
    LJ9Szad.png

Very nice, lobstertan​​
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • nunoespadinha#0711 nunoespadinha Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    My crew new pics:

Crew7_Achiever_zpsdcokvlgf.png

Crew8_Achiever_zpsjed8tknq.png​​
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I tried to create a mock-up of the TWOK Field uniform. Does it work?

http://imgur.com/a/rR1Lr

Pinging @artan42 because I'm interested how the lack of proper TWOK attire is dealt with in your crew pig-2.gif

EDIT: Note, it would usually go with TWOK pants and combat boots. But Caridwen wears skirts. Always. All the time.

EDIT: Reference: Uniforms 2258 http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/starfleet-uniforms1.htm​​
    Post edited by angrytarg on
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I tried to create a mock-up of the TWOK Field uniform. Does it work?

http://imgur.com/a/rR1Lr

Pinging @artan42 because I'm interested how the lack of proper TWOK attire is dealt with in your crew pig-2.gif

EDIT: Note, it would usually go with TWOK pants and combat boots. But Caridwen wears skirts. Always. All the time.

@angrytarg

At the moment I'm keeping them all in duty uniforms.

I found a colour for my Security Officer, dark green. It's based on the prison guards we see (Thrust Barcode and his league of G-Men) in the TSFS. So it's only my tactical officer I'm short of a colour for (she's having to use command white). If I had the dil I'd have the Captain and Engineering vests. I had thought about trying to mock up the excursion costumes from TFF using the same TNG top but it's a bit unsatisfying. It's also a faf to change their clothes all the time.

I do like your attempt but shouldn't your captian be in grey? The security officers wore beige but Kirk wore blue/grey
    29086938675_58fbc48b1d_o.png
    ​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited August 2016
    @artan42 Green is the canonical TWOK colour for security (windsor green to be precise). There is no "tactical" so I use command for tactical officers. My captain also uses the open jacket variant pig-2.gif Note, my crew uses TMP badges which's background is department coloured. My captain can't wear the normal TWOK badge as it clips with her mammaries, even if I slide it all the way down...

The colour scheme is a bit weird. According to the guides the beige is a desert variant and kirks olive green (that did look grey on screen) is the default variant. I find the colours in the old Trek movies difficult altogether. I always thought the excursion jackets were brown, not red, thus I used the winter event brown jackets for my 23c TOS away teams. Now going TWO I feel I need something for away teams as I found out I absolutely need to have different outfits for away and ship crew.

I really want the security armour and helmet, though pig-13.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited August 2016
    @artan42 Green is the canonical TWOK colour for security (windsor green to be precise). There is no "tactical" so I use command for tactical officers. My captain also uses the open jacket variant pig-2.gif Note, my crew uses TMP badges which's background is department coloured. My captain can't wear the normal TWOK badge as it clips with her mammaries, even if I slide it all the way down...

The colour scheme is a bit weird. According to the guides the beige is a desert variant and kirks olive green (that did look grey on screen) is the default variant. I find the colours in the old Trek movies difficult altogether. I always thought the excursion jackets were brown, not red, thus I used the winter event brown jackets for my 23c TOS away teams. Now going TWO I feel I need something for away teams as I found out I absolutely need to have different outfits for away and ship crew.

I really want the security armour and helmet, though pig-13.gif

None of my characters or BOFFs are particularly top heavy but I haven't noticed any clipping with the TWoK badge.

I have noticed the Commodore rank is missing so I'm forced into being a Vice Admiral which I don't like because the Admiral variant uniforms (with the gold stripes on the tops and pants) aren't available.

I too would love to look like Thrust himself. Or Officer Smug McSmugface.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

edited August 2016
    artan42 wrote: »
    None of my characters or BOFFs are particularly top heavy but I haven't noticed any clipping with the TWoK badge.

I have noticed the Commodore rank is missing so I'm forced into being a Vice Admiral which I don't like because the Admiral variant uniforms (with the gold stripes on the tops and pants) aren't available.

I too would love to look like Thrust himself. Or Officer Smug McSmugface.

I just found a way that also looks nice, using the (open) DS9 top. I'll upload some screens soon.

Anyway, "Thrust" made me laugh. Any way, I'd like to use these on 23c redshirts as well, creating a security combat look. The lack of landing party gear after the cage was something always bothering me. All the time.

And total agreement on the missing rank insignia. She uses rear admiral, but it has two things too much. They should add commodore if even only in rank insignia.

EDIT: Added the DS9 variants to the above link pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    edited August 2016
    @angrytarg Umm what's joined onto the Klingons uniform in the bottom picture? Also I've randomly bumped into a small pig like creature on DS9. Can I shoot it?​​

#TASforSTO

Lol, that was my second screen. Made a printscreen shot and just uploaded it without checking.

I'd say show it to me first, I want to cuddle it pig-2.gif But the game kicked me for occupying the tailor too long. A sow's problems... pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • vitalityprimevitalityprime Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Just a simple pic of the Nexus Commander and Away team.

STO.png
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
      lobstertan wrote: »
      LJ9Szad.png
      Loving this one. :smiley:

[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
      "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
      "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
      "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

edited September 2016
      BcSWULu.png

Timeship uniforms (200 Lobi for a faulty uniform - Wells top and bottoms don't match, thus all my officers wear TNG trousers BcSWULu)

Top: Captain's Duty (left), Command/Conn department. Captain's Excursion (right). Black for all departments, collar in department colour.

Bottom: Operations/Security (left), Engineering (second left), Science (second right), Medical (right).​​
      lFC4bt2.gif
    • wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
      Just a few o' mine. First is an Andorian TOS Tactical captain. The Andorian colors make her look like a Sci officer, though. Next is her 'martial arts' uniform (heh. just a redone off-duty). Last ones are of Captain Ping. The Judge makes her look tiny, like she's the imp on his shoulder.

IQflRvw.jpg
    • taidyrtaidyr Member Posts: 22 Arc User
      I aimed to give my klingon crew a modern military look, while maintain typical klingon design elements and a selection of simple dark colors. So I combined various parts of bortasqu'- and some other uniforms and came up with this. Nothing special but I'm quite happy with the result.

yNeRpsC.png
    • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
      taidyr wrote: »
      I aimed to give my klingon crew a modern military look, while maintain typical klingon design elements and a selection of simple dark colors. So I combined various parts of bortasqu'- and some other uniforms and came up with this. Nothing special but I'm quite happy with the result.

yNeRpsC.png

Looks really good. Nice job.​​
      signature.png
      We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
      BcSWULu.png

Timeship uniforms (200 Lobi for a faulty uniform - Wells top and bottoms don't match, thus all my officers wear TNG trousers BcSWULu)

Top: Captain's Duty (left), Command/Conn department. Captain's Excursion (right). Black for all departments, collar in department colour.

Bottom: Operations/Security (left), Engineering (second left), Science (second right), Medical (right).

@angrytarg can the collars of the Wells uniforms be coloured white? The very top bit. As thus...

relativity_429.jpg​​

#TASforSTO

yNeRpsC.png

Are you using High Res when you're playing the game? I keep seeing that metalic sheen on character images. At first, I thought someone photoshopped theirs portraits, but I'm seeing it too much to be that. I can really see it when I compare the high gloss on yours to the dull-paint on mine.
      yep. high res. tried it to see what kind of difference it'd make, and there are a lot of details that don't show up unless it's maxed.

But then it takes forever to leave the load screen. :/
      Favorite outfit:

PJ6E7Ue.jpg

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
      edited September 2016
      artan42 wrote: »
      BcSWULu.png

Bottom: Operations/Security (left), Engineering (second left), Science (second right), Medical (right).

@angrytarg can the collars of the Wells uniforms be coloured white? The very top bit. As thus...

relativity_429.jpg

Yes I believe it can be. IIRC I had Sheas uni that way for quite a while. See attached signature image for example.​​
      signature.png
      We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
      edited September 2016
      @artan42 Thank you for the reference pictures in the other thread (I'll ave it from more Wells stuff). On the pictures you provided Sci does look green to me, as well as in this picture in the forum you linked:

320x240.jpg

It's fascianting how much colour perception can vary. I have since the picture above adjuste the colours, they're much more pastellic now. Command purple (it's purple to me at least), Ops reddish-brown pastell, Science pastellic green and engineering and medical are my deviation anyway and they are more ocre-yellow ish and brighter blue with a tint of teal, both pastellic (I use the "17" colours, a17 for ops and so on). I keep the overall uniform black, the more greyish look is found on my excursion variants though where the sleeve is always black. The collar can be coloured separately, I'll probably make it white/grey for the duty uniforms. Although in the wrap sale pictures the collar isn't white at all.

I have to conclude the relativity uniforms are a bit odd and not well documented. That future's end jumper is especially horrible but maybe that's not a duty uniform but some weird other sort of attire. Underwear or something. Or a night shirt pig-2.gif​​
      lFC4bt2.gif
      edited September 2016
      The collar can be coloured separately, I'll probably make it white/grey for the duty uniforms. Although in the wrap sale pictures the collar isn't white at all.

This one?
      9747c5794b9c61246ee439520a699ac8.jpg

It is white, it's just really hard to see from the white manakin inside it. If you look at the right side of the little 'V' in the centre of the collar you can see it ever so slightly against the lower white.

Well, at least it shows you a clear colour for the Opps uniforms even if Command and Sci is a matter of opinion.
      I have to conclude the relativity uniforms are a bit odd and not well documented. That future's end jumper is especially horrible but maybe that's not a duty uniform but some weird other sort of attire. Underwear or something. Or a night shirt pig-2.gif

I love the idea of Braxton turning up to shoot at Voyager in his pajamas :D. It's is bad but so's Kirk's green tunic (to me anyway) so it wouldn't be the first time a captain has dressed like a t1t :#.

Also, though the exact shades are different, the Wells uniforms use the same colours as the Kelvin ones, I noticed today. Command blue, Opps/Eng brown, and Sci grey.​​

#TASforSTO

edited September 2016
      Well, just say the different colors are due to the lighting. Purple (command), Green (Sci), Brown (Eng)... Rainbow (Q)
      It's fascianting how much colour perception can vary.​​

Now if it had been under a blacklight, they'd probably all look Black or silver.
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • taidyrtaidyr Member Posts: 22 Arc User
        wendysue53 wrote: »
        yep. high res. tried it to see what kind of difference it'd make, and there are a lot of details that don't show up unless it's maxed.

You can run the game on normal settings and then use "/renderscale x" to get a higher resolution. x=1 would be your normal resolution, which you can switch back to after you made the screenshot. Every +1 step will double your resolution and give you more details, but your fps will suffer, depending on your system. I can go up to /renderscale 4 before crashing the game but mostly there is no reason to go over 3.
        edited September 2016
        wendysue53 wrote: »

You can run the game on normal settings and then use "/renderscale x" to get a higher resolution. x=1 would be your normal resolution, which you can switch back to after you made the screenshot. Every +1 step will double your resolution and give you more details, but your fps will suffer, depending on your system. I can go up to /renderscale 4 before crashing the game but mostly there is no reason to go over 3.

I did this to test out the imaging, but ended up with a few problems with screen capture to bother with trying to play with any new images. Might later, but my laptop was acting up when I flipped to high res, so haven't tried.

May wait until there are not many people online before trying it again or switching to a low-crowd map instance. Guess I could try it in Fleet.