test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What about the B?

jcp26jcp26 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
We all know what happened to the Enterprise C. Went through time portal, Captain died, future Tactical officer hitched a ride, went back through portal, fought four Warbids and boom. Ship destroyed and crew taken back to Romulus. The Enterprise B vanished without a trace. How about a mission that explains what happened to her?
Post edited by jcp26 on

Comments

• Options
    eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    B or not a B? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA7lv1SDzno

Sorry, couldn't resist.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm not sure if CBS is saving the 'B' for the books or perhaps a future video trek adventure, but I don't believe that STO can do much with it at this point.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited January 2013
    Come up with a good story for what happened to the B then make a Foundry mission. I believe the Enterprise-B/Lakota variant of the Excelsior class is available as an NPC skin the Foundry.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To B or not to B that is the Question:D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jcp26 wrote: »
    We all know what happened to the Enterprise C. Went through time portal, Captain died, future Tactical officer hitched a ride, went back through portal, fought four Warbids and boom. Ship destroyed and crew taken back to Romulus. The Enterprise B vanished without a trace. How about a mission that explains what happened to her?

Depends if you consider the books canon.

There is a series of Trek books called "The Lost Era" that detail what happened in the Federation between Kirk's 'death' aboard the Enterprise B and the Cardassian withdrawal from Bajor.

According to those books, (SPOILER AHEAD)

....The ship was lost in deep space in 2329 after the crew contracted an unknown infection. This version of events is supported in the most recent edition of the "Enterprise Owner's Workshop Manual."

EDIT: As DaveNY points out below, this book's contents are 'approved' by CBS, making it at the very least the same level of canon as STO's Enterprise-F.

Alternatively, the FASA RPG book (less recent, and probably less accepted) states the ship engaged in battle against a Klingon and Romulan battlecruiser, destroying both, but itself being destroyed in the exchange.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jcp26 wrote: »

A few months ago, DStahl made a remark that he would like to reveal what happened to the Enterprise B. So who knows what may happen in the upcoming months.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The Enterprise B and crew had a day off and were never seen again.

I hear he got sick of star fleet and sent the girl through a window.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Since the Hayes Manual is "Fully Authorized" by CBS..,

Does that make it Canon or still just Soft Canon?
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    The Enterprise B and crew had a day off and were never seen again.

I hear he got sick of star fleet and sent the girl through a window.

Who knew... Ferris Bullers' best friend would grow up to be Captain of an Enterprise!

Best I would have figured is First Mate on the U.S.S. Woody.

:D
  • Options
    corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    While on the subject of 'missing ships' whatever happened to the Enterprise 'E'?!? Did she go on to be commanded by someone else after Jean-Luc Picard? Was she destroyed?

I was thinking about the the Enterprise 'B' too just yesterday. These two ships, to my knowledge seem to have not been given their due 'send off's'.

BSJ
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There's more information about the later years of the Enterprise-B on the website Memory Beta (the non-canon wiki), including the first female Enterprise captain Demora Sulu (sorry C's Rachel Garrett).
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    While on the subject of 'missing ships' whatever happened to the Enterprise 'E'?!? Did she go on to be commanded by someone else after Jean-Luc Picard? Was she destroyed?

I was thinking about the the Enterprise 'B' too just yesterday. These two ships, to my knowledge seem to have not been given their due 'send off's'.

BSJ

I believe the word is in STO lore that the E also went missing in deep space while being captained by Data, which I assume means that the transfer of Data's memories into B4 was eventually successful.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think the E encountered an 8472 singularity before their widespread infiltration, and they may or may not have gone into fluidic space. Either way, the e was badly damaged, but Data was able to get the crew back. Weither the E survived and was put to pasture, or was lost in fluidic space, i forget right now.

I'd love more stories about the B. And the C.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The Enterprise NCC-1701-E it did not go missing.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It probably was vaporised the instant it left spacedock under the sheer ineptitude of Harriman.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    grylak wrote: »
    I think the E encountered an 8472 singularity before their widespread infiltration, and they may or may not have gone into fluidic space. Either way, the e was badly damaged, but Data was able to get the crew back. Weither the E survived and was put to pasture, or was lost in fluidic space, i forget right now.

I'd love more stories about the B. And the C.

Is that written down somewhere where I could go read it?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    +1 Would love to read more about the 'E' as well and the 'B'. Did Picard simply retire then or did he pass away? It's just so strange to me that the 'E' in particular has so little history. Stranger even that Data would have been given command of her, survived yet is no longer in the STO universe?!?

As for the 'B', the actor who playeed her captain really didn't have the presence to do the ship and her name justice in my opinion which is a shame, because generally I think he really is a good actor. (I forget his name now, sorry).

BTW, thanks for the replies...
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Alan Ruck is the name you're looking for. And IMO he did what the story needed, which was to be not fully confident so Kirk could be Kirk. Always liked that actor myself and I figure his character probably did a bet better as captain once he got some experience under his belt. After all, not everyone can hit a lead-off home run the first at-bat of their rookie year, right?
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Alan Ruck is the name you're looking for. And IMO he did what the story needed, which was to be not fully confident so Kirk could be Kirk. Always liked that actor myself and I figure his character probably did a bet better as captain once he got some experience under his belt. After all, not everyone can hit a lead-off home run the first at-bat of their rookie year, right?

Just gotta love how the Enterprise-B was the closest ship in range, despite being at Earth (or at very least, Sol System)? You'd think the Federation homeworld would have I dunno, more than one ship there...
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Just gotta love how the Enterprise-B was the closest ship in range, despite being at Earth (or at very least, Sol System)? You'd think the Federation homeworld would have I dunno, more than one ship there...

Can you imagine what it would be in real life.

"Captain, there's an emergency in Sector 441."

"Who is the closest starship?"

"The U.S.S. George Takai, sir."

"Sweet, we're off the hook! Now, who brought the donuts today."
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »

Thanks for the name! Was he a rookie Captain? Didn't realize that and it does surprise me as this was the Enterprise after all.

I don't disagree with your statment and as a character I do agree. However, as an actor I still think he lacked presence much in the same way as Chris Evans did when acting along side Robert Downey Jr. in the Avengers. Both great actors in their own films but put together and unfortunately one lost presence somewhat.

That being said I would have been completely happy to watch Alan Ruck captain the Enterprise B for a seven year journey into the Trek universe via Tele whilst the TNG made movies! :)
  • Options
    ussnighthawkussnighthawk Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I always figured the B had an uneventful career (post-Generations) and was retired when the C was coming online. As far as I know, 1701, C, and D are the only ones to have ever been destroyed ("officially").

No relation to "the" Nighthawk.

Refugee from Paragon City. :(

[SIGPIC]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z297/MetalRacer78/FacesOfNighthawk-ForumSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    That's why we keep an armada at Earth now.

Captain we have a distress call.

What ship is the closest

The USS NOOBKILLER a bunch of Normandys the Enterherprize
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the name! Was he a rookie Captain? Didn't realize that and it does surprise me as this was the Enterprise after all.

I don't disagree with your statment and as a character I do agree. However, as an actor I still think he lacked presence much in the same way as Chris Evans did when acting along side Robert Downey Jr. in the Avengers. Both great actors in their own films but put together and unfortunately one lost presence somewhat.

That being said I would have been completely happy to watch Alan Ruck captain the Enterprise B for a seven year journey into the Trek universe via Tele whilst the TNG made movies! :)

According to the same Haynes workshop manual that lists the ship's ultimate fate, apparently Harriman didn't resume command after that maiden voyage until the late 2290s, with her 'first five year mission' being under the command of a chap named William George.

Harriman's command lasted until 2311 (so we could say about 10 years) before he stepped down after the Tomed incident, handing command to Demora Sulu.

Demora's command lasted until about 2320, with the ship's final command being under Thomas Johnson Jr, who was apparently in command when the ship was lost in '29.

Either way, it's a very long service history... There is genuinely a lot of story potential there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    koppenflak wrote: »
    According to the same Haynes workshop manual that lists the ship's ultimate fate, apparently Harriman didn't resume command after that maiden voyage until the late 2290s, with her 'first five year mission' being under the command of a chap named William George.

Harriman's command lasted until 2311 (so we could say about 10 years) before he stepped down after the Tomed incident, handing command to Demora Sulu.

Demora's command lasted until about 2320, with the ship's final command being under Thomas Johnson Jr, who was apparently in command when the ship was lost in '29.

Either way, it's a very long service history... There is genuinely a lot of story potential there.

I have to get the Haynes manual! That sounds interesting and I really wish these concepts were devloped into reality. Particularly as Star Trek has been around for so long now. I once read that Paramount will most likely always make a Star Trek movie simply because no matter what it makes it's money back... so why not take the chance on a new crew and maybe even a new ship (name)?!

Some of the fan made stuff on YouTube even has a lot of potential and in saying that, some of the production really isnt even that bad. Anyways, if only we were hundred-billionaires and could make all the Trek we wanted too! ;)
  • Options
    captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i like to think that the uss enteprise ncc-1701-bata from star trek generations and uss lakota from ds9 lost paradice as being the same ship. starfleet did not make very many exclior enterprie subclass command ships. the entprise crew could got badly sick or gone missing but before all cew vanished there was a message sent to starfleet and some one programed the enterprise b to return to starfleet at low impulse til the feul ran out and driffted in 2329. for 10 year befor the enterprise c found the enterprise b driffting towards starfleet base. the enterprise c crew investagated the enterprise b and towd to the nearest starbase. starfleet ordered the enterprise b to go to dry dock for major repairs and refit for active duty and the recressend uss lakota cause starfleet did not want 2 enterprises to be inservice at the same time.
    what happened to the lakota after lost paradice
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    i like to think that the uss enteprise ncc-1701-bata from star trek generations and uss lakota from ds9 lost paradice as being the same ship. starfleet did not make very many exclior enterprie subclass command ships. the entprise crew could got badly sick or gone missing but before all cew vanished there was a message sent to starfleet and some one programed the enterprise b to return to starfleet at low impulse til the feul ran out and driffted in 2329. for 10 year befor the enterprise c found the enterprise b driffting towards starfleet base. the enterprise c crew investagated the enterprise b and towd to the nearest starbase. starfleet ordered the enterprise b to go to dry dock for major repairs and refit for active duty and the recressend uss lakota cause starfleet did not want 2 enterprises to be inservice at the same time.
    what happened to the lakota after lost paradice

Where did you read this? Sounds like a terribly sad end for the Enterprise B.... :(
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    This thread has definitely got me thinking about making an Enterprise B focused Foundry mission. Maybe I could make it like a holodeck program, where the player takes on the role of Ent-B captain. That way at least I wouldn't have to abuse time travel.
  • Options
    captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i have always wonder ever seeing the uss lakota in ds9 lost pardise if the lakota was the same ship and the uss enterprice b and i kinda pictured that the emterprise c found the enterprise some time after it was lost it crew or was abandoned. also both the lakota and enterprised be enterprise be that not ready for command of a ship john hirriman in startrek generations or broke the federation rule of law benteen in lost paradice.

granted that starfleet wanted to respec the families of the lost crew of the enterprise c show waited 20 years for to launch a new enterprise d. what if starfleet had a ship to take up that role of fleet flagship the uss lakota which was named enterprise b in 2293 which honored the role a flag ship enperprise/lakota for about 20 yearsbetween 2344 to 2362/early 2363 til a few days bebore the enterprise d was launched
  • Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    I'm not sure if CBS is saving the 'B' for the books or perhaps a future video trek adventure, but I don't believe that STO can do much with it at this point.

They will never make another movie or tv show that is like the TNG or TMP.It is strickly JJ show now as Berman and Braga failed at it miserably.You never kill off an icon Generations Kirk ,Nemisis Data.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers