test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

On demand patching failure

Hey

Keep getting disconnected when I enter a new area today with the error "On demand patching: idle to long"

Not sure why I am getting this as I don't use on demand patching I have the full game and every patch day it downloads the "full" patch so this is a bit strange.

Never had this issue before but it started about 4 hours ago.
Post edited by tribble2013 on

Comments

• wtfis456wtfis456 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What is this "on demand" patching your refering to?
    If it is this downloading between every loading zone how do i get rid of it?
    edited January 2013
    Anyone have any idea?

I am brand new to the game and this downloading when i change zones is a bit annoying as it can take anything from 5-10 min to change a zone. why is the full client not downloaded?
  • jennyluvejennyluve Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    On Demand Patching is a feature that can be turned off or on within the Launcher. In order to turn it off or on, please take a moment to launch the game and once the launcher is up and running, in the upper right-hand corner is the text link titled "Options." Go ahead and click on that and a smaller dialog box will appear. Toward the bottom of this new box is the option "Disable On Demand Patching." Ensure there's a check in that box to disable it and then go forward with launching the game.

At the very least, this procedure will walk you though disabling this pesky feature.

Jenna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Been playing since launch.
    edited January 2013
    Thank you very much, Hopefully now i wont be stuck on loading screens all day long and i can download all the files at one go.

<3