test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

issues logging in after january 10th patch

ever since thepatc on jan 10th my sto launcher wont fully initialize . that is to say it gets to the cryptic menu then times out , never begins loading actually . i have a new pc and have never had this issue before does anyone else have this problem or can you offer any help? thank you
Post edited by unimatrixnibiru on

Comments

• stangafiedstangafied Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Having issues as well since patch. I get past the Cryptic loading screen, but it stalls loading at the next screen. Going to try reinstalling.:(
  • eso42eso42 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ever since thepatc on jan 10th my sto launcher wont fully initialize . that is to say it gets to the cryptic menu then times out , never begins loading actually . i have a new pc and have never had this issue before does anyone else have this problem or can you offer any help? thank you

I am having the same issue it sounds like, and was playing normally up until January 9.

I put in my password, then the launcher gets to performing a version check, and that's as far as it goes.
  • scorpnet20scorpnet20 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Mine dosent even go that far, all it says is The Launcher cannot connect to the Server ....
  • lastwolf25lastwolf25 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can log in one in 10 times and only get rubberbanding, and that if I'm lucky, usually get a criminal 5 minutes delay when trying to do anything, and all started since saturday 12/01/2013
  • jennyluvejennyluve Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Kill all graphic options, bringing everything to base then try loading and let us know what's up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Been playing since launch.
  • deathspeedmkdeathspeedmk Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hello; I seem to have the same issue, althrough I manage to get to the charc selection screen try loading my main charcter and its just bugs out and won't move.

I did make a klingon charc last night but that should not be the cause

I will try the safe launch and see if it solves my issue too
  • namreefnamreef Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm having the same problem. The launcher will come up, but it doesn't have my username already in the textbox as it normally would. After typing it in, the tab key won't advance to the next text box. I click it, type my password, and click submit. Then it crashes leaving this window that says "Oops! Your Cryptic Account has crashed. To help us out..." asking me to give the ticket ID number. So I try to type in the 'Details' box and it crashes! The other times it's happened I just hit submit to send the ticket number. It does have the green indicator next to the 'Server Status:' label. When I leave out the log-in info and just click 'submit', there is no change in response.

I've tried un/re-installing, deleting whatever Pando is, clicking boxes on the 'options' tab of the launcher - nothing so far. If anybody knows what's happening I'd like to hear it. I joined a year ago once F2P started and played often. Imagine my frustration that the month I finally decided to spring for the monthly gold membership I can't even log on...
    edited January 2013
    Aside from my previous suggestion, you might want to open up Internet Exploder and remove all cookies, cache, etc., then go ahead and close it. The reason for this is because the Cryptic launcher (like many other launchers) use IE's api for displaying all the cool links, etc. So, when you remove all that stuff, sometimes, if that's the problem, you'll see your patcher work like it should.

Another possible fix:

Open up your Windows Explorer and navigate here: C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\piggs

Find a small file and delete it. It's okay, this will force a verify and redownload not only the file you ditched, but also any file that's corrupt or damaged which should in turn fix your issue.

Give it a shot, let me know what happens or if you're fixed and if not, I'll see what else I can dig up for ya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the suggestions.

So far, I've deleted everything related to the browsing history under 'Internet Options'. No change there - crashes after clicking 'login'.

I then copied/pasted the link you provided into Windows Explorer and deleted one of the ~64KB files. I opened the launcher and again, no change. Still crashing after clicking 'login'.

ID#: 14457539

The launcher has generated a different Error Ticket ID# but that has happened only a couple of times compared to the frequency with which this ID# shows up. It starts with '16' but it was a while ago and I didn't think to copy that one over.

If it's a help, cool; if not, I'll see what else I can do.
    edited January 2013
    namreef wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions.

So far, I've deleted everything related to the browsing history under 'Internet Options'. No change there - crashes after clicking 'login'.

I then copied/pasted the link you provided into Windows Explorer and deleted one of the ~64KB files. I opened the launcher and again, no change. Still crashing after clicking 'login'.

ID#: 14457539

The launcher has generated a different Error Ticket ID# but that has happened only a couple of times compared to the frequency with which this ID# shows up. It starts with '16' but it was a while ago and I didn't think to copy that one over.

If it's a help, cool; if not, I'll see what else I can do.

Rgr that! I'm posting to let you know that I've looked over this and am still working on another possible solution for you. In the mean time, it can't hurt to do a little maintanence on your machine while I look at other options.

I'd like for you to delete your temporary files, there are two locations for them and they are:

1. Click Start > Run > type in: temp and hit enter. Once the window opens up, please click File > Select All > then hit delete and Yes to confirm. If anything won't delete, it's okay, just continue on until everything but that pesky log file goes away.

2. Click Start > Run > type in: %tmp% and hit enter. Please do the same thing as above and once you're finished, please attempt another login. Let me know if this does anything for you and again, I'm still researching this issue. You're not alone in this and I do aim to find a solution.

Jenna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Thanks so much for all your help on this so far.

I was finally able to get back online tonight and try again. I saw your post, so I went in and deleted the temp files in both of the ways you instructed (except for that one stubborn file). Unfortunately, the launcher is still behaving in the same way and generating the same error code.

I appreciate all the research your doing. I tried to do a little on my own before deciding to ask here on the forum. I was starting to get out of my league with what i was finding, so I'm glad I did. I'll check back to see what you come up with!
    edited January 2013
    Another thing you might want to try is to delete your temporary internet files, cache and cookies in relation to Internet Explorer (even if you never use it). The reason for this is because many games out there (STO included) uses the IE API for their launcher, so if there's an issue with the launcher this can fix it, providing that's the problem. It's worth a shot and again, I'll keep digging for ya ;)

Jenna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]