Install Arc
Options

So.. the S7 complaints have died down?

Comments

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    linyive wrote: »
    People just stopped playing and/or caring.

After taking a three weeks hiatus from "Star Trek: Online", I decided to sign back into the system. Within a few moments of reentering the game, I discovered that the passion that drove me to "STO" is over.

No more feedback.

No more complaints.

No longer care.

Agree. Now that the WWL quest is finished I'm hesitant about going back to the old grind, and with the rep system completely nullifying the exclusiveness of the STF sets I've no desire to obtain them for my toons that haven't earned them pre S7- which takes them out of PvP viability.

I'll wait for the next rep system since the current system rewards will undoubtedly be inferior, and I'de saved millions of dilith by waiting so I can buy the next best thing.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am only halfway through the game on my first toon and thinking about "what it'll be like".

Enjoy the ride - levelling up your first character, with the plethora of interesting story missions available to you is great fun :)
    Having said that, could it be that part of the 'complaints" about Season 7 comes from players who have "been there and done that" then? What I mean, is that, for some players, Season 7 was a way to do something different despite it being new. But, these posts highlight that, given dedicated time, Season 7 will last about ... 3 months at most?

Well, herein lies the problem - the content you're exploring now, all these stories and missions, was all created when STO was a pay-2-play game - that's the game I invested a Lifetime Subscription in and that's the game I wanted to see grow and evolve.

Prior to F2P, STO had a year of no new content due to issues between Atari and Cryptic (the story goes they couldn't even afford coffee mugs for the break room) - even despite this lack of progress, a lot of us continued to hang in there - find things to do, level up new alts and buy whatever new stuff appeared in the C-Store to support Cryptic and the game.

And then when PWE bought Cryptic there was a lot of positive spin put on the deal - PvP is a big priority for PWE and PWE wants a complete KDF faction being the two most memorable, quoted and probably for Stahl, regrettable.

But since PWE entered the picture, the only new stuff we didn't already have is:

Defera
    Nukara
    New Romulus
    Fleet Starbases
    Reputation System

Arguably, the very worst content this game has to offer right now. None of it advances the story they spent so long setting up, none of it is fun. And supposedly the team is bigger than its ever been, so this is it - this is the very best Cryptic can do with Star Trek. Such a wasted opportunity.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I love the new stuff, and it's what got me to return after half a year away.

I say this not to say folks are wrong to dislike it, but to point out the views are not universal.
    I love not having to grab a catheter and run STFs I LOATHE (ground elite, UGH) to get a few extra costume options for my beleaguered KDF characters.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    I love the new stuff, and it's what got me to return after half a year away.

Not being snarky - just genuine interest here - if you have the time to answer the question, what is it exactly you love about Defera, Nukara, Romulus and the Rep/Starbase system?

Unless it's just about the Mk XII gear?
    zahinder wrote: »
    I say this not to say folks are wrong to dislike it, but to point out the views are not universal.
    I love not having to grab a catheter and run STFs I LOATHE (ground elite, UGH) to get a few extra costume options for my beleaguered KDF characters.

You see, I love ground STFs - honestly the most fun and challenging times I've had in this game outside of PvP (which continues to be neglected by the Devs).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I still hate season 7 grind tng...... I think people just get tired of pointing out the obvious.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As mentioned above by another poster, my main complaint at the moment is that They are creating another mish-mash of Marks we have to collect.

I'd rather They just make One Type..., (or even two.. a Fed type & a Klingon type)
    Then adjust the assorted Rep requirements upward or downward to accommodate what They feel is the appropriate 'grind' to acquire the items/passives.

I'd rather be able to decide for myself, which missions throughout the game, I wish to play at any given moment, than be forced to repeat a few missions 100's of times.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    post some screenshots so we can tell whats going on?

I will attempt to do so later today when I am back at my gaming* PC. :)

* term used loosely.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was always fairly pleased with how season seven turned out. Sure, there were more than enough issues to warrant complaining, but most of those have been fixed now, so I'm more or less happy. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Not being snarky - just genuine interest here - if you have the time to answer the question, what is it exactly you love about Defera, Nukara, Romulus and the Rep/Starbase system?

Unless it's just about the Mk XII gear?

Well, for one thing, it's new stuff. Defera was fun for a while, though I don't normally repeat the stuff. I haven't really played with Nukara. Romulus was fun for a while but I've been skipping a lot of the ground stuff for now (until I start having to spring for 500 mark stuff).

Starbase kinda bites KDF-side, but at least we can slowly chip away at it. And if I really want to get a fleet ship I can bounce fleets to do so.

Reputation pleases me a lot because it's one rather clear route to get stuff, and I know roughly when I'll get it. The gambling in the old system... angered me so much I ended up disgusted with the entire game. I hate raids, I hate grinding raids.

Now? If I don't like a particularly STF, I don't have to run it. The range of options to get omega marks isn't huge (it'd be nice if there were a few other things that gave it, but I haven't really looked hard -- doing one or two STFs now and then is enough to move me along).

In short, there's just... STUFF. Lots of stuff to do. And the improvements to Foundry make me very happy. (Even if there's a bug with eligibility right now)

I love the new stuff because I have lots of options of what to do with my time. Almost too much! That beats the old days where I could either rerun story missions, or... um... pvp, I guess. Or run yet another elite ground STF that would probably fall apart halfway through, which I would hate every second of, for a lottery ticket for the possibility that MAYBE I'll get gear.

Yeah. Meh.
    You see, I love ground STFs - honestly the most fun and challenging times I've had in this game outside of PvP (which continues to be neglected by the Devs).

Well, among other things, I hate jumping puzzles in this game. Particularly combined with OH NO YOU DIED hope someone can get over to you since you can't rez without being outside the area!

But, honestly, it's awesome that it's there for you. I just didn't like the fact that if someone doesn't enjoy it, they were pretty much excluded from certain gear.

(And PvP is mostly dead to me unless they add pug-only modes. Ship balance is also gone to hades)

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    As mentioned above by another poster, my main complaint at the moment is that They are creating another mish-mash of Marks we have to collect.

I'd rather They just make One Type..., (or even two.. a Fed type & a Klingon type)
    Then adjust the assorted Rep requirements upward or downward to accommodate what They feel is the appropriate 'grind' to acquire the items/passives.

I'd rather be able to decide for myself, which missions throughout the game, I wish to play at any given moment, than be forced to repeat a few missions 100's of times.

It used to be worse, then it got better... but, agreed, it's starting to get worse.

What I'd like is, say, the ability to turn Fleet marks into Reputation. Or something. (This would help folks disinterested in Fleets something to do with them).

Actually, what would be really cool is if Foundry missions could set what rewards they give -- Fleet, Omega, or Romulan marks. Maybe even bonus dilithium or other stuff. This would let you add 'flavor' to the mission.

• Options
    trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    But since PWE entered the picture, the only new stuff we didn't already have is:

Defera
    Nukara
    New Romulus
    Fleet Starbases
    Reputation System

Arguably, the very worst content this game has to offer right now. None of it advances the story they spent so long setting up, none of it is fun. And supposedly the team is bigger than its ever been, so this is it - this is the very best Cryptic can do with Star Trek. Such a wasted opportunity.

I could not have said it any better, spot on. Cryptic should have the man/brain/programming power at this point to make correct what has been broken for so long, pithy little issues that plague your simple game play. Poor KDF still hasn't gotten any attention other than a 'stern glare' from the Dev's in question. The thing that really makes me angry is that they still expect people to pay a monthly fee ON TOP of all the other items they want you to sink money into, as broken as this game still is 3 years later with not much of any new content. I figured after being gone for 2 years the level cap would have gone up at least 5 levels, or a lot of the little bugs that existed previously would be resolved. They had no problem developing things for you to spend real money on though!
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
  • Options
    bghostbghost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the officer report daily does give fleet marks and it's repeatable.
  • Options
    trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bghost wrote: »
    the officer report daily does give fleet marks and it's repeatable.

That is true, but Cryptic didn't develop anything there all they did was change the frequency and reward amount for doing them - Players created that content. Nothing there to really praise Cryptic for other than doing something they should have done a while ago.
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    trellabor wrote: »
    That is true, but Cryptic didn't develop anything there all they did was change the frequency and reward amount for doing them - Players created that content. Nothing there to really praise Cryptic for other than doing something they should have done a while ago.

And only after they nearly destroyed that mission's functionality.
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My largest complaint after its all said and done is that they have took all the good stuff in S6 and made it irrelevant by making the best way to get fleet marks as solo tasks. Instead of us playing together to benefit the fleet, we go our separate ways to get marks... too many bandaids to fix the wrong problems. They need to seriously boost fleet mark rewards in missions where fleet marks are the primary (and only) reward. I can complete a 15 minute foundry mission in 5-6 minutes, several of these are out there, so why would I do one of the best rewarding fleet missions like blockade for 60 marks during the event hour when I can get 150 marks in the same time, any time?

Sure, dilithium is an issue, but you can deal with it.. the crunch right now it rough
    The romulan marks are grindy as anything and poor game mechanics, not fun.
    The consumed items for the reputation system are inventory nightmares, nobody thought this through at all.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think the complaints have died down just due to the normal course of human psychology. People hate change. We think we don't, but we do. People decried how bad Season 6 was, how nothing was added, and how they're rage quitting the game. Then they got used to it. Season 7 was a bit worse since it changed existing systems, rather than just people complaining there wasn't enough new. Like anything else though, people get used to it and quiet down. They may continue to pine for the "good old days", but who's to say if they were really happier before?

Cryptic has listened to a lot of feedback and tweaked a lot of stuff. Not all of it I agree with necessarily (I think Fleet Actions should deliver more dil than a Normal STF considering they DON'T provide any marks, and the STFs now drop good gear again too). Still, they listened and gave the community most of what they wanted. STFs got their dil and their loot back. Officer Reports got fixed and is better than ever. The Conversion Crate restriction was lifted. Rep project timers were halved or effectively eliminated in the case of requisitions and unlocks. Rep input costs were adjusted. All the big complaints have been addressed, all that's left is nitpicking.

Some don't like the Rep system. It's a "grind". Honestly the leveling was so easy as to be simply a matter of time. After I got my Conversion Crate opened, I coasted through the rest of Omega rep on the 1500 marks that came out of it. Romulan reputation I would just do one round of the Patrol daily, the Radiation daily, and the various New Romulus ground dailies on the weekend, and turn it all in during a bonus event. That would give me enough Rommy marks to coast the entire week with marks to spare.

Getting actual gear is a different matter, but still not that big a deal. Yeah, that Mark XII space set is gonna take you 34 Elite STFs barest possible minimum. Probably going to be more like 40-45. But, hey, aren't you supposed to "earn" that gear? Doesn't running that many Elites qualify? Yeah, you could do it running only 10-15 Elites to get the BNP and making up the rest in Normals, but damn that'd be a lot of Normals. Faster to run the elites even if you fail the optionals all the time.

As for Romulan stuff, there are so many ways to get that you really can not complain. You can do New Romulus' infamous scan and collect missions (mindless and easy, and somewhat relaxing). You can do the New Romulus story missions (these could probably pay out better). You can patrol systems in Tau Dewa. You can raise Epohhs. You can run Romulan Fleet Actions. Skip the ones you don't like and focus on the ones you do, rotate through them all, whatever. If you don't like any of it, well sorry to hear that, but I don't really know what you were expecting.

Most of all, understand that you don't need to get everything. As the Devs have pointed out, a single character should not necessarily be able to have every single thing from every single reputation. As they add more reputations, this will only become more true. Look at what's available, decide what you really want, and work toward it.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The game has become much less play for fun and much more play for resource acquisition.

Dilithium cost are being added to everything that the player base uses frequently.

I do not hate season 7, I have accepted it for what it is ....A Giant Resource Sink :(

Do I like Season 7... Not really, is it better than nothing ...Yes

I think I'd like the whole rep grind for endgame STF gear if Cryptic had left us the random chance of the gear still dropping has rewards upon the completion of an STF mission.

Season 7 still has quite a few bugs that need to be dealt with; I've somehow lost Exp with my Romulan rep system.

I have 14 days to go till I hit T5 in both rep system (baring any more glitches) and once I max out both my Rep systems with my KDF main, I might take another break from STO till the 3 year anniversary roles in.

To sum it up:

If you can deal with the Grind Season 7 gives you something to do; however, if I had not been returning to STO from a 6 month hiatus and had I not been looking for any reason to give STO a try again, I'd have nothing to do with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Most of all, understand that you don't need to get everything. As the Devs have pointed out, a single character should not necessarily be able to have every single thing from every single reputation. As they add more reputations, this will only become more true. Look at what's available, decide what you really want, and work toward it.

If this were true, then why aren't their any space weapons in the Omega rep (barring the Cutting Beam/Omega Torp)? And why isn't there a decent end-game space set in the Romulan rep (since the Omega/KHG/MACO sets completely outclass the Reman/Romulan sets)?

Also, at VA, what's the point in Mk X and XI unlocks other than to pad the already anaemic content in the Rep system?

Assuming you don't want Fleet weapons (and I'd rather have the [Acc]x2 Romulan weapons even though they're Plasma) then the Romulan rep is the only place outside of the Exchange to get purple Mk XII's now. If you want the best ship shield in the game (MACO Mk XII) then you have to unlock Omega Tier 5.

Additionally, if you want story content it looks like the only way you're going to get from now on is via the Rep system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This thread is THE BEST to come along in a few days!!!

Why - because people are talking - even if they are complaining it still means they care about the game - that is always a good sign:eek::P
  • Options
    lolimpicardlolimpicard Member Posts: 309
    edited January 2013
    If this were true, then why aren't their any space weapons in the Omega rep (barring the Cutting Beam/Omega Torp)? And why isn't there a decent end-game space set in the Romulan rep (since the Omega/KHG/MACO sets completely outclass the Reman/Romulan sets)?

Also, at VA, what's the point in Mk X and XI unlocks other than to pad the already anaemic content in the Rep system?

Assuming you don't want Fleet weapons (and I'd rather have the [Acc]x2 Romulan weapons even though they're Plasma) then the Romulan rep is the only place outside of the Exchange to get purple Mk XII's now. If you want the best ship shield in the game (MACO Mk XII) then you have to unlock Omega Tier 5.

Additionally, if you want story content it looks like the only way you're going to get from now on is via the Rep system.

1) because they didn't work properly and have been replaced by set bonuses.

2) the point of Mk X and XI is to allow players to get it earlier than you describe.
    They are cheap and easy to obtain starting at Tier1/2. Your point is mute.

3) Yeah, if you want something you'll have to work for it.
    How about a MACO Mk X for a start? You want the BEST shield? Work for it.
    Like anything changed in that regard.

4) Unlikely, altho the items certainly come from the rep system now and the Romulan rep system comes with a bit of the story.

You're totally ignoring important parts of your own argument and consequently your conclusions are wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wait, it's you again! It's nothing personal but it seems our viewpoints commonly differ. :D

First: the Assimilated Universal Console would like to have a word with you about how much easier it is to obtain.

LOLWUT? It was easier before - it came from the 8472/Undine chain....:confused:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I don't think the complaints have died down...I think we've given up. After 7 seasons of ever decreasing dev team size / smaller updates / bugs that have gone unfixed / lack of foresight when changing y which affects x... list goes on and on and doesn't seem to get better with each new season.

Pretty much THIS.

I think it's more likley more of us are suffering from "complaint fatigue" than anything else. It's just so damn sysyphustic to comoplain or voice concerns where it would seem that many changes in the games are simply to corral us into a certain game type and metrics model rather than letting us have fun. Grinds, nerfs and lockboxes have taken over for innovation, creativity and fun.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    LOLWUT? It was easier before - it came from the 8472/Undine chain....:confused:

Correct.

The 10 character limit is making me type more stuff.
    My statement wasn't sarcastic : the console has become much more difficult to obtain.

Altho that is on of the few real changes.
    Getting a MACO MK XII set still takes a long time, except that now it's not down to luck but rather how much work you invest - and that really only affects the speed of acquisition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2013
    I don't think the complaints have necessarily died. I think the complainers have for the most part adjusted to the new system, muttering as they go. The game didn't suffer from a loss in players, and if anything they increased during the annual Winterland event.

Were the changes worth it? I am leaning to the yes column having finally broken through the T5 reputation barriers for both OMEGA and Romulan reputations.

For those of use who grind STF's regularly, the drops and dilithium are as good as or better than before. The only exception is that we don't get as many weapon drops that enabled purchases of [Borg] bonus weapons. So 'weapons' drops seem smaller.

Simplification of the drop mechanics and resources needed for purchases have gotten a lot easier. Shields, Deflectors and Engines have become more expensive, while they have increased the number and type of options, both individually and by set.

The introduction of special reputation aligned weapons and sets have raised the bar significantly. The X grade (blue) versions are 'interesting', but when compared to old X sets seem uninviting. XI and XII though are very interesting and offer a plasma-based option (once sneered at in PvP) that really changes the game.

New Romulan consoles that have other bonuses like Threat adjustment, and added plasma procs. I'm actually looking forward to getting a Romulan ship now in Season 8.

:) Things I liked about season seven:
    1. New Romulus & the Tau Sector
    2. Tholians
    3. New Borg (Cutting beam, Omega torpedo) and New Romulan weapons
    4. The Elite Scorpian Hanger.
    5. Passive skill bonuses. All of them.

:mad: Things I didn't like about season seven:
    1. Dilithium Market fluctuations. It's getting expensive out there.
    2. Slowed Starbase construction. See above for details.
    3. HSE payout. Weak considering the effort and the first STF I really don't want to repeat.
    4. Buying items in stacks of 20's, when you use 100's.
    5. SERVER NOT RESPONDING (112.5ms)
    6. Game support that doesn't represent the quality of the game, or the IP

I think the reputation system will be great for later expansion, and the introduction of small, playable races. So yeah, season seven worked for me ;)

Admiral Thrax
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Correct.

My statement wasn't sarcastic : the console has become much more difficult to obtain.

Getting a MACO MK XII set still takes a long time, except that now it's not down to luck but rather how much work you invest - and that really only affects the speed of acquisition.

I must be getting older...I though you said it was easier to get now....

My bad...
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't know about others luck but Proto salvage used to rain down on me pretty often - which allowed toons easy access to Purple M12 Antiproton and other decent weapons

Now I find out - you Fubar'd if you don't want to go fleet or Exchange

Pretty much they could have left those in the Omega store and just removed the borg proc - why did they not do this - why why why???

why can't we get those for just marks for running the missions?

Cryptic please do something and at least retro-activily go into accounts and change them to "bound to account" - I have lots that I could switch to new toons.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I must be getting older...I though you said it was easier to get now....

My bad...

I'm not a native English speaker, so some fault at least lies with me.
    My previous explanation is bogus, I said it wasn't sarcasting while it was exactly that, since I said the console would like to have a word with him about how much _easier_ it is to obtain (which is, in fact, much more difficult).

:)

Sometimes people don't detect the sarcasm - sometimes people don't detect their own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Correct.

Agreed. This was a rather poor move on Cryptics part, and I think that obtaining sets would be much more enjoyable if you obtained the parts in a variety of fashions. Missions, Reputation, Crafting, and the Doff system should be used in conjunction with each other rather than separating them.

This would make the game more enjoyable, make a lot of the content already present in game worthwhile without having to make new content.

Personally? I rather like that. It prevents people from failing at 10 STFs and getting everything, and people like me who have done them so often we could do them in our sleep and never get anything. Everyone had an equal chance now.
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    On the subject of getting Mark XII space gear, if the Wiki is corect int he figures posted there, and if I did my math right, then its going to take about more than 40 STFs to earn the full set. Let me lay it out and if anyone spots an error, please speak up.

So, per the wiki, each part of the MK XII set costs 1000 marks, 10 BNP, and 34,000 dilithium or a total of 3000 marks, 30 BNPs, and 102,000 dilithium. Assuming that you only run STFs for all of these items, that means the following.

To get the necessary marks, assuming you run space, you get about 75 marks for ISE with bonus. So that's 40 missions.

To get the necessary BNPs, that is at most, assuming you a very unlucky, 30 missions, one per.

To get the necessary dilithium, starting from scratch and not turning in spare BNPs and marks, and running elites that's 107 missions at 960 dilithium per mission.

However, you can turn in BNPs and marks for dilithium, so, going with the assumptions above that you start spending marks for dilithium after 40 missions, and start spending BNP for dilithium after 30, you get the following equation.

102,000=960*x+1000*((y-30)/5)+500*((z-3000)/50), where x is the number of missions run, y is the number of BNPs you turn in, and z is the number of marks you turn in. We also assume that you get one mark per mission, so you have the equation:

y=x

And we also assume that you get 75 marks per run of ISE, so you get:

z=75x

You crunch all that together and you end up with about 73 runs of ISE. Now if you assume you run all ground which award about 100 marks with bonus (I think), and I get about 64 runs for a full space set. Not doing the full thing, but ground is actually easier, only 30 runs of ISE to get a full set if you're unlucky and only get 1 BNP per run. And of course, all of this is after unlocking the full rep system, which does add to the final time requirement, and also doesn't address the EC costs along the way, which add up to 3-4 million I believe. Up to you if that is expensive or not.

Which, all in all, isn't that bad, since before it took about 60 ESTFs to earn a MK XI set ground or space prior to season 7 if your weren't lucky.

So, now that I sat down and did the math, I suppose I have less to complain about. I do regret that the assimilated module was removed from the Borg cube mission it was in, because now it does cost something besides a mission run, and really removes any reason to run that mission, as most people will be leveled far before they get to that, even on KDF side. And I'm still not really happy about the EC costs, I know that there are ways around that and some people can earn EC like crazy, but I don't have that much time personally, and what time I do have doesn't seem to match well with any of the bonus events or runs of tour the universe. But again, thats me. And I also don't see the point in Mark X or XI sets at VA level.

So I give it to Crypitc, and the gamers who play this, I guess in the end, and after a lot of shouting, the new system isn't that bad.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member