test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Full Mk XII Omega = No costume unlock

koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
Alrighty, so having hit Tier 5 Omega reputation, and bought all three pieces of the Omega Mk XII set (Already had the Shield, bought the Armour and Weapon) I received accolades for Omega Force Operative and Shadow Force Operative and... the tailor will not allow me to use any of the Mk XII visuals, or the additional parts unlocked from completing the 6 optional objectives.

Is this a bug? Or a change that was introduced with Season 7?

I have tried logging out and logging in, and tried restarting the game, but I cannot access these costume components.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by koppenflak on

Comments

• xsharpexxsharpex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    if i'm not mistaken, you have to do the rep project to unlock the visuals for the costume. please check your omega reputation projects for the corresponding unlock project.
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited January 2013
    If he hadn't done the Omega reputation mission he wouldn't have been able to get the Mark XII at all.
    I ran into this on my Klingon alt awhile back. IIRC logging in and out didn't do anything, but zoning into another area did. ie I was on DS9 so I beamed up to my ship, went to the first city and it updated when I beamed down.

edited to add: I just reread the OP and realized you had a piece of Mk XII prior to Season 7. I seem to remember threads where people encountered a bug, because it wasn't being counted as the third piece- ie the bug wants you to get all three pieces through the reputation store. I think it was mentioned that it was being patched, but I don't know if it has been.
  • koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bohiap wrote: »
    If he hadn't done the Omega reputation mission he wouldn't have been able to get the Mark XII at all.
    I ran into this on my Klingon alt awhile back. IIRC logging in and out didn't do anything, but zoning into another area did. ie I was on DS9 so I beamed up to my ship, went to the first city and it updated when I beamed down.

edited to add: I just reread the OP and realized you had a piece of Mk XII prior to Season 7. I seem to remember threads where people encountered a bug, because it wasn't being counted as the third piece- ie the bug wants you to get all three pieces through the reputation store. I think it was mentioned that it was being patched, but I don't know if it has been.

This is what I wanted. Outstanding - thank you. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2013
    With Season 7, obtaining a full ground STF set no longer automatically unlocks any costume options on its own (unless you had ALL 3 PIECES prior to Season 7's launch).

Once you have obtained all 3 pieces of gear (at least ONE of which was obtained via the Reputation System), you must then run the Costume Unlock project that will become available.

Successfully completing the Optional Objectives of "Infected," "The Cure" and "Khitomer Accord" on Elite will also make an additional Costume Unlock Project become available.

The associated Accolades used to grant both a Title and a Costume Unlock. Now they only reward the Title, and the Costume Unlock must be obtained via a Project.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2013
    Additional note:

We're tracking a potential issue that may be preventing Costume Unlock Projects from displaying for some players.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • havokrazerhavokrazer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You can also sell the pieces to a vendor and then retrieve them. I had a piece of MKXII gear before Season 7 and when I finished the collection I had the same problem as yourself. I had the accolades but no Omega mission to unlock the cosmetics, I sold everything to a vendor, retrieved the pieces, and everything unlocked the way it should at that point.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Additional note:

We're tracking a potential issue that may be preventing Costume Unlock Projects from displaying for some players.

I was only missing the omega weapon on this one toon and i had to do the project to unlock it which I have 2 different xii omega costumes. The problem I have and this is on a KDF toon it looks kind of wierd but different than how it looks in the tailor/customization kind of like if you were wearing an omega can and then move your arms very fast while the can shifts around. I'm not sure if people just aren't getting the costume or if its what I'm seeing.
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm curious about the rationale behind this design decision. It kinda seems like double dipping to me.

We pay to have access to it AND we have to pay to have access to it though about a quarter of the cost of the first round of access...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Costume Unlock must be obtained via a Project.

Said Project costs;
    • 125 Omega Marks
    • 1,500 Refined dilithium
    • 10,000 Expertise
    • 50 Provisions

Wow, there's a project for everything, vive la grind! :(
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Additional note:

have issue with 12 MACO space set can't select buff with all 3 in place
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tried in sector space stf space andin ESD
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I had a MACO Mk XI set prior to S7, but none of the Mk XII (ground) pieces. Upon reaching T5 in the Rep system I quickly upgraded to the Mk XII set. Having also pre-S7 completed my MACO Commando and MACO Elite Commando accolades this unlocked two costume Projects for "MACO Armor - Style 2" and "MACO Armor - Style 3". I'm guessing the Mk XI would have given me Style 1 (had I not already had it pre-S7). While Command is Style 2, and Elite Commando Style 3...

I have Omega Force Mk XI (pre S7), I'm working on the Mk XII set now.
    hatepwe wrote: »
    I'm curious about the rationale behind this design decision. It kinda seems like double dipping to me.

We pay to have access to it AND we have to pay to have access to it though about a quarter of the cost of the first round of access...
    ...Wow, there's a project for everything, vive la grind! :(
    To HatePEW and MikeWard1701, in the past, thanks to RNG, it was possible to get the uber Mk XII sets in as little as 3 runs, but might also not have been acquired after 300 runs. Sure, once you got the drops, you got the gear, accolade(s), and costume(s) all together.

Now it is locked behind five-tiers worth of STF runs (to get the Omega Marks) and inputs gathering (hypos, commodities, regenerators, etc.), and multiple projects for each piece of gear, with the costumes separate. Yup it's a grind either way. Only now they are simply quantifying the "value" of what you get based on what they expected the average character would have had to do when running the old random method. Difference being is now it's guaranteed after X grind.

Personally, I don't mind. I like that I now can get the Mk XII gear. After getting my Mk XI stuff pre-S7, I stopped trying. I didn't want to have to grind CGE over-and-over-and-over prayng for that random magic drop for the Mk XII piece. Give me definitive results over RNG anyday.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • tamjussitamjussi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • brickyardbrickyard Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Additional note:

Just checked my Accolade tab and found this (see picture). It says it's all done, but is still in the Progress overview. How about this? As far as I can remember I think I had all 3 items before S7 (not 100% sure tho)
    P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh! :D
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited January 2013
    brickyard wrote: »
    Just checked my Accolade tab and found this (see picture). It says it's all done, but is still in the Progress overview. How about this? As far as I can remember I think I had all 3 items before S7 (not 100% sure tho)

The accolade shows up twice now- once for getting it the old way, once for getting the new way. It's kinda confusing to look at, you have to know what's going on under the hood. If you had all three pieces pre-S7 then one of the accolades should show complete. You should also still have the pieces in your inventory or bank.

If one of the accolades is showing complete look for a costume unlock mission. If you have done it, and still aren't seeing it, then something's wrong.
  • echuu007echuu007 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    brickyard wrote: »

I also had the Mk XII gear pre S7, and just got all the optionals and this is what I'm having see picture
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I guess I'm fortunate in that I never got any of the Mk XII ground gear pre-S7 (I did get a MACO Ship Shield Mk XII, but that was my only Mk XII set piece), I'm not having any problems as I check off the accolades now.

I just finished the Adapted Commando accolade ("Collect all three pieces of the Mark XII Adapted MACO Ground Gear") and it's associated Costume Unlock Project (MACO Armor Series 4), last night. So I'm done with all the MACO ones - Woot, woot! :cool:

I'm about 325 Omega Marks from completing my Omega Force Operative ("Collect all three pieces of the Mark XII Omega Set"), which I think will also trigger Omega Force Shadow Operative ("Complete Omega Force Operative and ...Team Commander Accolades.") and possibly unlock one or two more Costume Unlock Projects. I should find out tonight.

I think that will finish all my STF gear accolades, and I'll start on the rest of the Space Mk XII pieces I "need."

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • cwinters79cwinters79 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    which I think will also trigger Omega Force Shadow Operative

..for me, it didn't. It's the only accolade not registering as done and prevents me from getting the Style 3 look project.
    pTTNy7x.png
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    With Season 7, obtaining a full ground STF set no longer automatically unlocks any costume options on its own (unless you had ALL 3 PIECES prior to Season 7's launch).

Once you have obtained all 3 pieces of gear (at least ONE of which was obtained via the Reputation System), you must then run the Costume Unlock project that will become available.

Successfully completing the Optional Objectives of "Infected," "The Cure" and "Khitomer Accord" on Elite will also make an additional Costume Unlock Project become available.

The associated Accolades used to grant both a Title and a Costume Unlock. Now they only reward the Title, and the Costume Unlock must be obtained via a Project.

I swear you guys you said that you were going to honor the old accolade for anyone who had a partially completed set.

A What made me think this even more was that after season 7 launched, my accolade list showed two MACO Commando (or whatever the one was that was to complete the Mk XII set.) One said I would get the costume+title, and the other said it was just to get the title. My list tonight, after reaching Tier 5 and gett my last piece completed one of the accolades (the one for just the title) and the other, even though it shows that Ive obtained the pieces of MK Xii is listed as in progress. I can provide pictures if needed.
    7NGGeUP.png

• deppadahunddeppadahund Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There are three! Threads about this in the forums (one of them created by myself)! You can see them almost all together on the first page!

Please Cryptic fix this...
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok so I never got any of the ground gear pre-rep', I had to get it all from the reputation system, got all of the MACO and Omega gear, also got the Style 2 projects, completed all of them yet I can't seem to find anywhere that lets me see this 'style 2' or change my gear for that matter!

For example, sticking the set on and enabling visuals works, I get the 'original' power ranger MACO look, but going into the tailor there are no options for the gear, it just shows me without it on. So where can I find this style 2?
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • xceptionalzeroxceptionalzero Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Ok so I never got any of the ground gear pre-rep', I had to get it all from the reputation system, got all of the MACO and Omega gear, also got the Style 2 projects, completed all of them yet I can't seem to find anywhere that lets me see this 'style 2' or change my gear for that matter!

For example, sticking the set on and enabling visuals works, I get the 'original' power ranger MACO look, but going into the tailor there are no options for the gear, it just shows me without it on. So where can I find this style 2?

once you complete tier 5 of the rep system there is a project you can run that unlocks it.
    edited January 2013
    once you complete tier 5 of the rep system there is a project you can run that unlocks it.

That unlocks style 2 or the ability to change it in the tailor?

If it's the style 2 one I've done that. If there's one to be able to change it at the tailor then I've got the bug where I can't see it.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
    edited January 2013
    Derp moment... Someone in my fleet mentioned about the Uniform, Off Duty etc, I didn't think it'd be in the list.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

• vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You have to use the top right corner tab that says "uniform" to switch between omega, maco, off-duty etc.

People who get the sets through season 7, and go the anticipated route, shouldn't have a problem as far as I know (minus locating the actual menu because they are new ;P )
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Additional note:

So fix the issue since i have reported this bug right at the launch of season 7 with picture proof, now you have larger ammounts of players with the same issue.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• riktur5caleriktur5cale Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Additional note:

One thing I am seeing on my character that the "Omega Force Shadow Operative" is not completing. I have both accolades completed that triggers that one.

My Optionals on elite were completed POST season 7 while my weapons were collected pre season 7.
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Additional note:

I've done all my projects needed to unlock the extra costume options, had access to the MKXII KHG set before season 7 with all STF optionals and bonus costume options and now I cant access the helmet option for MKXII KHG, Omega or Adapted KHG.

I had no issues with adding a helmet to my costumes pre season 7, what is the deal there?

Could be a stupid question asking for a fix as this is an issue on the KDF side...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • issvanoraissvanora Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sadly as it is now, The KDF site has 2 major issues with the Honor guard set, First off the helmet option isnt there if you unlocked all three of the styles that are related to the outfit.

And for the females the chest plate option isnt in there either. So far it seems the "costume" items are not linked to the outfits. A few of my friends that have gotten it after Season 7 have all the same problem. Those that got it pre 7 all got it. So my guess is that the unlock is simply missing the related items, The Helm, The cleavage and the other missing pieces.
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    One thing I am seeing on my character that the "Omega Force Shadow Operative" is not completing. I have both accolades completed that triggers that one.

Same problem but for Honor Guard.

Both of the prerequisites for "Honor Guard Elite Commander" show as being completed, but the Elite Commander accolade will not complete.