test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Really Frustrated

OK, so I needed to reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate today and I decided that maybe it might be a good idea to also redownload my games. I downloaded STO and that seems to be working now.

However, I have this damn folder on my desktop that I want to remove. Windows 7 has deemed that even though I am the "owner" (yes, I've made that change) I am NOT allowed to remove this folder. I can't even get it off of my desktop.

I have tried using the icacls command from the command line and that doesn't work either.

So, please tell me how to remove this. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by natayalov on

Comments

• maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    whats in the folder?
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • natayalovnatayalov Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's all the stupid install files for this game. I seriously am starting to regret ever downloading and paying to play. I can't believe that I am NOT able to remove this stupid directory off of my desktop after the game has been installed.
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Try logging in as admin and making sure that no files in the folder are currently in use. This means any installers or programs inside the folder MUST NOT be running at the time you try to delete it. If anything inside the folder is currently in use, it won't let you delete the folder.

You could also try starting windows in safe mode. To start windows in safe mode tap F8 as your computer boots up. This way it won't auto-start any programs that might be using the files and preventing you from deleting it.

One more thing, if a running program is using one of those files, are you sure you don't need it?