test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (December 13, 2012)

Comments

• wirtddwirtdd Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Very nice update, ty. :)
    Bastet
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Updated the cropped Winter jacket for Trill, Caitian, and Ferasan females.

Have a marry Christmas,and a Happy New Year. :)
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, it sure does :) I updated the patch notes to reflect this, as well as renaming it from a "daily" to a "mission". Don't forget to tip your Foundry authors with all that extra Dilithium, and donate to your Fleet's projects with all the extra marks :D

Accepting! :eek:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This is a great change, but I hope that players will know about it somehow, either in the UI or with a bulletin. The "earn this!" PvE interface has no foundry and the foundry interface doesn't inform players what they can earn or how they can earn it by selecting something outside of the foundry interface, before selecting something inside of the Foundry UI. They'll somehow have to know to select a mission from the non-Foundry UI and then go into the Foundry UI to find a mission that "qualifies for the daily" although it's no longer a "daily" even though it says it's a "daily."

UI edit please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Need a search option to find foundry missions that count. Still not going to bother with officer reports if I do not know how long the mission will take for that Dilithium......

custom search. You can specify a duration of 20-30 minutes.

Meh, nevermind. By your previous posts it would take a miracle to get you to play ugc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No t4 project nerfs ? OMG the rage:P
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The Investigate Officer Reports mission now requires completing only 1 qualified mission, has a 30 min cooldown, and rewards 960 Dilithium and 50 Fleet Marks.

Ooooooohhhhh LOOKIE: fleet mark farming.

I don't have to any other mission ingame.
    :D
    STATION !
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I bought the Romulan T4 Plasma Torpedo Launcher... Will I finally get the Launcher that I paid for after this patch, or do I have to store it in my bank? Or do I even have to mail a GM?

I want that 2-piece set-bonus... I'll still have to wait some days for the Experimental Plasma-Array...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • leopard316leopard316 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "Federation characters can now purchase a Purple Nanopulse Bat'leth, and KDF characters can now purchase a Purple Nanopulse Lirpa."

This is just great... Another step in the direction of eliminating the KDF as a separate faction with the end goal of making one big Starfleet family. :rolleyes:

Federation has won the war. You got to accept it.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    vesolc wrote: »
    No t4 project nerfs ? OMG the rage:P

they never put the important stuffs in changelog.You will see many things fixed (and even more broken :D ) which for some reason they refuse to add them in changelogs.
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    they never put the important stuffs in changelog.You will see many things fixed (and even more broken :D ) which for some reason they refuse to add them in changelogs.

Did you notice that as soon as you started to post in my thread it disappeared from discussion - not moved - just gone. I think you were the last person to make several posts. Correct me if i am wrong.
    edited December 2012

I can still remember that they mentioned the KAG (Khitomere Accord Ground) optional-timer being changed to start when you leave the first room (that's a long long time ago)... That was an important information - the only easy ground optional of an STF gone. After that I stopped using public queues.

Let's say: "Sometimes they put the important stuff into the patch notes".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I see several nice things in the list of updates, but none of the critical fixes that severely affect gameplay.... like the game crashing.... or the "radiation sickness" (dilithium mining broken after a radiation scan).... Or possibly the Exchange Search capability (broken for several months) etc.

PWE needs to work on those things too - not just low hanging fruit.
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lets see with this maintenance if they actually end close to the regular time and not go over.
    edited December 2012
    I can still remember that they mentioned the KAG (Khitomere Accord Ground) optional-timer being changed to start when you leave the first room (that's a long long time ago)... That was an important information - the only easy ground optional of an STF gone. After that I stopped using public queues.

Let's say: "Sometimes they put the important stuff into the patch notes".

that is what you noticed.Be sure that update had other things in it that was not in the changelog.
  • gordon1980gordon1980 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    themarie wrote: »
    Random grumbling about downtime causing inability to play during peak hours in timezone X.

Generic complaint about why hasn't bug X, Y, or Z not being fixed.

Protest over how long the downtime takes.

Preemptive complaint over the extended downtime.

Massive outrage over newly broken ______ (fill in the blank)

This concludes the thread in one post! Brandon, please lock it now. :D

After reading the thread, all I can say: "nail, met head; head, nail."
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Oh, that reminds me... Ornaments need to be made "uncommon" or "rare" seeing as they seem to be the hardest to find or earn! In my recent experience anyway! Like, I seem to find or earn more Andorian Bells or Bajoran Beads (which are apparently Uncommon) more often than I do Ornaments. Let's put it that way! ;)

i get more ornaments then anything else wana trade?
  • xion21183xion21183 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey Brandon will this also fix the omega mkxi costume problem for those of us that completed the costume project as well. I'm sure this was asked and aswered so sorry everyone.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "Federation characters can now purchase a Purple Nanopulse Bat'leth, and KDF characters can now purchase a Purple Nanopulse Lirpa."

This is just great... Another step in the direction of eliminating the KDF as a separate faction with the end goal of making one big Starfleet family. :rolleyes:

Does that mean that us Feds can finally go to Qo'noS? :cool:
  • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    MACO X armor will now display as Omega armor or just like normal generic armor?
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
    edited December 2012
    that is what you noticed.Be sure that update had other things in it that was not in the changelog.

Well, it always depends on your point of view... "What is important?" - Ask this a PvPer, a PvEer, a Fleet-Leader and a Single-Player. You'll get different answers from each of them.

Sure, Cryptic can't write down all the changes in a patch, they try to mention those things that are importent for all the groups or things that many people complained about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Patch is up, can't be long now and I doubt they extend the downtime.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
    edited December 2012
    Well, it always depends on your point of view... "What is important?" - Ask this a PvPer, a PvEer, a Fleet-Leader and a Single-Player. You'll get different answers from each of them.

Sure, Cryptic can't write down all the changes in a patch, they try to mention those things that are importent for all the groups or things that many people complained about.

so you are saying that they are lazy to type in the forums all the changes? :rolleyes:

lazyness is not an excuse :P
  • trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    flash525 wrote: »
    I guess the Breen would be an exception, however there is nothing to stop them creating some alien-hybrid uniforms for these unique Boffs.

If unique Boffs were actually allowed to wear Starfleet/KDF Uniforms, I would actually use them. Same goes for the Romulan Boffs. Unless I can customize my Bridge Officers, I do not use them, thus so long as the Breen, Reman, Jem Hadar and Romulan Boffs remain fixed, I wont be using (or in the case of the Romulan ones, purchasing) any of them.

1 Combadge, some Pips, and correct colour spray paint = New Breen SF Uniform :)
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
  • guglifguglif Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Let's hope they won't extend downtime: I want to test my brand new Avalanche on some snowmens :D
  • rougherstylerougherstyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hurry up and wait fellas
  • trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Foundry Daily is now only 1 mission! YAY and THANK YOU! =D
  • zereedarkstarzereedarkstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lookin good so far no extra time
  • persephone51313persephone51313 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    duaths1 wrote: »
    another very nice patch..

how about ADDING 50 Fleet marks to the "Officer on the Watch" daily?

finally?

Love the changes to the Officer Reports, our little family fleet should be able to progress once again. I would like to also see an increase in the Starbase Officer Watch daily fleet mark reward; 25, or even better, 50, would be enough to get fleet members to actually visit their starbase.
  • rougherstylerougherstyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    SHHH zeree dont jinx it
  • milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    flash525 wrote: »
    Yet they went to all the trouble to undo the mistake anyway?

Heh, it'll be their loss until the change is undone again. On my Federation Starship I want a crew wearing Federation uniform. I've got the Breen, Reman and Jem Hadar Candidates ready and waiting, but none of them are active yet because they're restricted to what they look like and what they're wearing. I don't want a bunch of merry men as bridge officers, I want them all suited up as you'd expect. A Romulan Bridge Officer is no different from my stance.

Makes you think though, they've got all these costume choices (Bajoran, TOS, ENT, Racing Uniforms ect) that allow us to customize our crew, yet where certain, specific Bridge Officers are concerned, it's irrelevant cause they're all locked. :rolleyes:

I live in hope.

Indeed. I desperately wish I could customize my borg boff.. make it charge 1000x the EC or something to customize him, I want to deborgify the only non-starfleet member on my Defiant. =P

I remember something from the trailer for STO.. Something about Cryptic's Total Customization or something.

OH! http://sto.perfectworld.com/about has it. =P
This discussion has been closed.