test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (December 13, 2012)

Comments

• foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, it sure does :) I updated the patch notes to reflect this, as well as renaming it from a "daily" to a "mission". Don't forget to tip your Foundry authors with all that extra Dilithium, and donate to your Fleet's projects with all the extra marks :D

Accepting! :eek:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Probably too late for the tier 4 rep store glitch to be addressed but are the Devs at least AWARE of the issue?

I and many others have submitted bug reports but haven't seen a single response. It's really annoying to have worked our butts off only to be unable to actually BUY the items we've unlocked.
  • tjexcimer500tjexcimer500 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The following patch notes were just added for tomorrow's release:Cheers,
    Quote:

The Investigate Officer Reports Daily now requires completing only 1 qualified mission, has a 30 min cooldown, and rewards 960 Dilithium.
    The Fleet Action daily that randomly picks 1 of 3 missions now gives 50 Fleet Marks and 960 Dilithium.
    The Mining Event got a little more than a 50% boost to dilithium earned per node.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I know I've grumbled about the Investigate Office Reports changes for a few weeks before S7 was released - thank you very much for resolving this issue. My small fleet just may finish our level 2 starbase within a couple of weeks instead of months :D

Happy Camper :)
    There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
    Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
  • chicochavezchicochavez Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The change to Officer Reports is certainly unexpected, especially that its got a 30 minute cool down now and not a straight daily, and that the dil reward is still an upper level amount. With any luck this will get folks to play some of the longer story focused missions as they wont have to do two more after them to get the marks.

Now if you could provide us authors with some more information regarding HOW a mission deemed qualified for this mission it would help greatly, because if you take a look at some of the treads down in our neck of the forums, we STILL have no clue what the system is doing.
    Play Star Trek: Allegiance - my first series in the Foundry
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    would like to see a patch that fixs the bugs that came out with season 7 FIX BUGS dont add more stuff that will probly make more bugs
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, it sure does :) I updated the patch notes to reflect this, as well as renaming it from a "daily" to a "mission". Don't forget to tip your Foundry authors with all that extra Dilithium, and donate to your Fleet's projects with all the extra marks :D

Accepting! :eek:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

BRAVO now we can get our daily and do a foundry mission without it feeling like a grind.

is there any chance of adding a search to only find missions that qaulified for for daily. would nice instead of scrolling down the massive list looking for one u want to play and counts as daily
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Resolved the issue that incorrectly allowed Romulan Bridge Officers to have their costumes changed.
    But why? I've always wanted to roll a genuine Romulan BOff in a Starfleet uniform :(

Is there any way we could persuade you to revert this "fix" and permit increased customisation of Romulan BOffs with access to both Starfleet and KDF uniforms?

And while you're at it, some Reman BOffs too? (I'm not referring to the Romulan FE Sci-only Reman, BTW)
    The Investigate Officer Reports mission now requires completing only 1 qualified mission, has a 30 min cooldown, and rewards 960 Dilithium and 50 Fleet Marks.
    The Mining Event got a little more than a 50% boost to dilithium earned per node.

Mucho, mucho gracias - now, this may sound premature, but...

Star Trek Online is now fun again! :D
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • megtrekkiemegtrekkie Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    that good an all i like it but you missing one thing and that is a patch for the foundry animation for space maps i hope this gets sorted soon and im digging the new dilithium rewards :)
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    themarie wrote: »
    Random grumbling about downtime causing inability to play during peak hours in timezone X.

Generic complaint about why hasn't bug X, Y, or Z not being fixed.

Protest over how long the downtime takes.

Preemptive complaint over the extended downtime.

Massive outrage over newly broken ______ (fill in the blank)

This concludes the thread in one post! Brandon, please lock it now. :D

And don't you know it :D

Good updates all round on this one.

Now, if only we could get slightly increased rewards from digging in the snowball piles...
  • aiden089aiden089 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Where did the Romulan BOFF come from? :confused: And how do i get one?
    Nedya.png
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    aiden089 wrote: »
    They're Fleet Embassy rewards I believe? If not that, then Romulan Reputation Rewards. Either way, I haven't gotten there yet, and I'm told they're extremely pricey with no customization. Kind of seems irrelevant having one.

@Branflakes:
    • Resolved the issue that incorrectly allowed Romulan Bridge Officers to have their costumes changed.
    People have already commented on this, and I support their comments, but why can't our purchased Romulans be in Starfleet Uniforms?

Before Bajor joined the Federation, the Bajorans in Starfleet didn't wear Bajoran uniforms; they wore Starfleet ones. Those Ferengi that are currently in service to Starfleet don't wear Ferengi Uniforms either, they wear Starfleet Uniforms (and Ferenginar isn't a member of the Federation). Why are the Romulans restricted?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    I'm sad that the Romulan bridge officer customization was incorrect and is being changed. One of the few things that actually didn't need a change from the first time it was up. We already kindly asked not to get this changed in the Tribble forums in high numbers ... and it's still going live now. Why can our Romulan brothers and sisters not have the opportunity to wear Starfleet or Klingun stuff? :(
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    zashger wrote: »
    Hi,

i dont really understand the changes you make in the way someone can get dilithium.

I loved it to play Kerrat for the 480 dil per 3 rounds, then you changed the mission to show up randomly a week, its not even a daily mission.
    Now you change the daily mission -investigate officer reports- to a mission where you can get 960 dil every 30 mins.
    I just dont understand that ... why cant we all do our favor things to earn our dilithium and/or our fleet marks ? Your favoring something over another and you do that with an absurd balacing; every 30 mins 960 dil on one side and some dil sometimes in a week on the other.
    Not that you get this wrong, sure ill like it to get more dil in short time, but the balancing of getting dil is totally cracy.

I would like to hear why your doing such strange things pls.

Probably because AFKing is an exploit and was done by a lot of players. A foundry mission doesn't allow you sitting there doing nothing. You have to play it yourself to finish.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • littlemonchichilittlemonchichi Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The Investigate Officer Reports mission now requires completing only 1 qualified mission, has a 30 min cooldown, and rewards 960 Dilithium and 50 Fleet Marks.
    omg....i really thought i must cry for happiness...

thank you! thank you so much! OMG!! :eek: :eek: OMG!!

What an early christmas present!!! thank you!! :)
    "Be excellent to each other and Party on Dudes!"
  • claransaclaransa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    BRAVO now we can get our daily and do a foundry mission without it feeling like a grind.

is there any chance of adding a search to only find missions that qaulified for for daily. would nice instead of scrolling down the massive list looking for one u want to play and counts as daily

Do a custom search and put in a minimum of 20 minutes length, almost everything will qualify.

In fact i don't recall seeing anything that didn't qualify.
  • rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Updated the cropped Winter jacket for Trill, Caitian, and Ferasan females.

does that mean trill spots are now showing when wearing the jacket ( also for open jackets maybe ) ?
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited December 2012
    Need a search option to find foundry missions that count. Still not going to bother with officer reports if I do not know how long the mission will take for that Dilithium......
    edited December 2012
    I'm sad that the Romulan bridge officer customization was incorrect and is being changed. One of the few things that actually didn't need a change from the first time it was up. We already kindly asked not to get this changed in the Tribble forums in high numbers ... and it's still going live now. Why can our Romulan brothers and sisters not have the opportunity to wear Starfleet or Klingun stuff? :(
    Yet they went to all the trouble to undo the mistake anyway?

Heh, it'll be their loss until the change is undone again. On my Federation Starship I want a crew wearing Federation uniform. I've got the Breen, Reman and Jem Hadar Candidates ready and waiting, but none of them are active yet because they're restricted to what they look like and what they're wearing. I don't want a bunch of merry men as bridge officers, I want them all suited up as you'd expect. A Romulan Bridge Officer is no different from my stance.

Makes you think though, they've got all these costume choices (Bajoran, TOS, ENT, Racing Uniforms ect) that allow us to customize our crew, yet where certain, specific Bridge Officers are concerned, it's irrelevant cause they're all locked. :rolleyes:

I live in hope.
  • seekerkorhilseekerkorhil Member Posts: 472
    edited December 2012
    Still no fix for the Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedo launcher? Or the console store in the Embassy? Or the fact the Mk XII borg arm weapons do not display in the store after being unlocked?

I guess its not surprising you prioritize minor changes to the dumb winter event over serious bugs.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Since the "Investigate Officer Reports" has been changed to a regular mission we can do every 30 minutes, is there really a need for missions that "qualify" anymore? We will have to wait 30 minutes from the time we accept it before we can do another anyway. So feasibly, we could do the old 1-click completion but still have to wait 29 minutes to do it again. Just a thought. ;)
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Need a search option to find foundry missions that count. Still not going to bother with officer reports if I do not know how long the mission will take for that Dilithium......

The mission needed had to be at least 15 minutes in length, but with these new changes that is irrelevant now because if you did a 15 minute mission, you'll have to wait 15 more minutes before you can do another.
  • kvetkvet Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Because there is no mention of the competitive race shortcut, I feel we should all take that as validation by Cryptic that this was, in fact, intentional. That means, go ahead and use it as it is NOT actually an exploit or cheat, but rather a sneaky easter egg in the game. If Cryptic changes it (as one doesn't FIX something that was done intentionally), then they change it, but from now on, unless I see some evidence to the contrary, I will hold that the shortcut is just that, a shortcut -- not a cheat, not an exploit, and I will ensure everyone in my various fleets understand how to use it (something until today, I refrained from doing, as I was assuming it was an exploit).
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    flash525 wrote: »
    I've got the Breen, Reman and Jem Hadar Candidates ready and waiting, but none of them are active yet because they're restricted to what they look like and what they're wearing.

How do you plan to get a Breen into a Starfleet uniform? :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    aiden089 wrote: »

Reman BOff is a reward for the 2nd to last mission in the Romulan Series. Not sure of the name, but I believe it is the Brea System. You kill the Iconian Lapdog and destroy the Iconian gateways.

The Dev Blogs have an article Episode Reruns. States which 4 missions have the original reards. But you have to do them before Winter Event ends.

I'd be more concerned with optaining the Ophedian Can (Night of the Comet) and the Shroud (Boldly they Rode).
  • chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "Federation characters can now purchase a Purple Nanopulse Bat'leth, and KDF characters can now purchase a Purple Nanopulse Lirpa."

This is just great... Another step in the direction of eliminating the KDF as a separate faction with the end goal of making one big Starfleet family. :rolleyes:
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    The Fleet Action daily that randomly picks 1 of 3 missions now gives 50 Fleet Marks and 960 Dilithium.

This makes me happy, glad you guys listened to our feedback about the Investigate Officer Reports mission.

Now if we could just know how to get our missions to qualify when they take longer than 15-20 mins to complete, it'd be fantastic. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited December 2012
    I guess the Breen would be an exception, however there is nothing to stop them creating some alien-hybrid uniforms for these unique Boffs.

If unique Boffs were actually allowed to wear Starfleet/KDF Uniforms, I would actually use them. Same goes for the Romulan Boffs. Unless I can customize my Bridge Officers, I do not use them, thus so long as the Breen, Reman, Jem Hadar and Romulan Boffs remain fixed, I wont be using (or in the case of the Romulan ones, purchasing) any of them.
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited December 2012

A recolour of the Cryo Suit to match the uniform perhaps.
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    YAY so now people do have a reason to play Foundry!

It's a good step towards timed rewards too :)

That would be nice, instead of having the Red Stamp of Death on a mission and not knowing why.
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    duaths1 wrote: »
    another very nice patch..

how about ADDING 50 Fleet marks to the "Officer on the Watch" daily?

finally?

If this round of semi-un-nerfing doesn't work, they might go for that. I don't think today's changes are enough to bring people back into the grind. At least my former fleetmates are all happy elsewhere now, especially since The Secret World went buy2play yesterday.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So, are the qualified foundry missions clearly marked for this?

(yes, I completely bailed on foundry missions when they killed the 1-click "exploit")
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
This discussion has been closed.