test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More ZEN With Ultimate Game Cards (Promo Has Ended)

Comments

• ds9fan1982ds9fan1982 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Can someone off the staff tell me if there is any C-store promotion coming till Christmas? I mean something 20% off all items, or 15% more Zen if you buy them. I think lots of player (especially without the opportunity to buy Ultimate Game Cards) want spend Euros or Pound this months. If we know that such a promotion is coming we would save the money and most likely buy more at the promotion. So its a win / win situation for perfect world and the player.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    ds9fan1982 wrote: »
    Can someone off the staff tell me if there is any C-store promotion coming till Christmas? I mean something 20% off all items, or 15% more Zen if you buy them. I think lots of player (especially without the opportunity to buy Ultimate Game Cards) want spend Euros or Pound this months. If we know that such a promotion is coming we would save the money and most likely buy more at the promotion. So its a win / win situation for perfect world and the player.

Unlike high-street retailers, PWE/Cryptic will never announce a sale is coming.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ok everyone, I think I have found an issue "IF" you buy the $25 Ultimate Game Card (which the store I buy from has plenty of them).

When you go to redeem the $25 card, there is no $25 option. So, per customer support, you do two different amounts (a $20 and $5). The $20 amount goes through fine and the bonus is applied to the order.

Here is the problem ...

The $5 remaining balance is turned into "Ultimate Points". When you go back through and choose the Ultimate Game card $5 card, the Zen shown is the right amount with bonus but when you apply the "Ultimate Points" it will only give you the 500 Zen and not the 575.

I will submit a ticket with billing as before but I wanted to give everyone a heads up.
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    Ok everyone, I think I have found an issue "IF" you buy the $25 Ultimate Game Card (which the store I buy from has plenty of them).

When you go to redeem the $25 card, there is no $25 option. So, per customer support, you do two different amounts (a $20 and $5). The $20 amount goes through fine and the bonus is applied to the order.

Here is the problem ...

The $5 remaining balance is turned into "Ultimate Points". When you go back through and choose the Ultimate Game card $5 card, the Zen shown is the right amount with bonus but when you apply the "Ultimate Points" it will only give you the 500 Zen and not the 575.

I will submit a ticket with billing as before but I wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Correct. If you run into an issue with the bonus on the $5 portion, reach out to billing support and they'll be happy to assist and provide the proper bonus if it was an Ultimate Game Card prepaid card redeemed during the promotion period.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I had a similar issue, with having to split my purchases and not getting all my bonus points. It took maybe an hour for billing support to resolve the issue. Very impressed.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • zona75zona75 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I went to pcgamesupply.com to purchase an Ultimate Game Card online. I bought the 20 dollar card. From their they sent me a code via email which I take back to ultimategamecard.com to redeem. I click redeem, select star trek online, which then takes me to the STO website. Log in with my account. Select the 20 dollar amount and enter the code and it's telling me invalid code. Do the online versions of the Ultimate Game Card not work?
  • zona75zona75 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Here are the instructions from pcgamesupply.com to redeem the online Ultimate Game Card code:

ACTIVATION INSTRUCTION
    To Redeem This Card:

1. Go to www.ultimategamecard.com
    2. Click on the Redeem button
    3. Choose the game from the list
    4. Follow gamers checkout process
    5. Choose PaybyCash.com in checkout
    6. Select Ultimate Game Card
    7. Enter the code provided

I dont see any option on the STO page when redeeming to select paybycash.com
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    With the new promotion that you get 15% zen with your purchase, i wonder if you get both bonuses or not?
  • nightmarechi1dnightmarechi1d Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    With the new promotion that you get 15% zen with your purchase, i wonder if you get both bonuses or not?
    *Please note that this Bonus ZEN sale is available ONLY for the following payment processors:

- PayPal

- Skrill/Moneybookers

- ClickandBuy

- Google Checkout (**Not eligible for the bonus 300 ZEN) (Not available in the EU)

- Steam (**Not eligible for the bonus 300 ZEN) (10,000 and 20,000 ZEN packages are excluded)

Note: The bonus ZEN offer is not applicable with any other promotional coupon
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=794621

That would be a no.

Correct. The promotions are mutually exclusive.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • kebron1kebron1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't know why you are having problems. I live in the States and just redeemed 3 20.00 cards for the full 20.00 amount and I got the bonus zen fro mthe promotion. There was no partial charge for me, nor was I only able to redeem under 20.00 as you said.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    This offer only lasts for a couple more weeks! Get more ZEN for STO with Ultimate Game Card prepaid cards. Read this article for more details: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=801061

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • wereforcewereforce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Awsome...Thank you for the kind generosity of making the cards the same Value as the rest of your *Deals. lol .

Finnaly Ill buy zen withought giving away my allawance and getting nothing for it..wait ..isnt that almost what we are getting :rolleyes:
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thats too funny that they won't stand a chance if you buy ZEN rofl. They don't even stand a chance if you don't buy it either.
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This offer only lasts for a couple more weeks! Get more ZEN for STO with Ultimate Game Card prepaid cards. Read this article for more details: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=801061

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Sadly I've never seen these in the UK - shame as I fancy me that Vesta pack.
  • moody83moody83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Same here Belgium is not listed either :(
    Perfectworld:
    My wallet has just put you on indefinite probation!!!!
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,325 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Seems to be an offer that is open to everywhere except Europe. Will we be getting a bonus offer that applies only to us anytime?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was gifted today with money specificly to purchase an "Ultimate Game Card"

Barns and Noble.. 4 stores) No vards..
    Game Stop....... 3 stores) No Cards
    EB Games............2 stoes).No nCards
    Target.................3 stores).No Cards
    Best Buy...............2 STores).No Cards

14 stores no game cards availible.....fark it..I spent $30 on gas and bridge tolls (San Francisco Bay Area) in the one part of the country I should have been pretty much guarenteed to have been able to find this item.

So, instead of PWI making what 45$ on the transaction.. I took the remaining $20 of gift money and got a mear $20 card.

Good Job PWI... not only was this promotion an utter waste of my time, it cost more to chase down which ultimatly did not pan out.

so instead of close to 6000 zen I got a miserable 2000 zen for hours of my time and effort.

From now on forget it.. no more stupid inanane PWI promotion partner offers.

IKf PWI wants to offer promotions then for cry'n out loud make 'em web offers

, because your promotion partners are FLAKES.. (it doesn't surprise me, and I am not in a good mood...I could have been doing something alot more fun today..Flying Fickle Finger of Fate award nomination to Perfect World Entertainment_the award being a statuette of a hand displaying a winged digitus Imputatus,)
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • tidalwave082tidalwave082 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why is this thing even going on? I bought one of these cards and it made me sign up on their site, but the link in the email to verify the account leads to a system error page, even today (literally checked it seconds before posting this.) Is there a trick I don't get or are they really that unprofessional? Seems to me if your partner is unprofessional or unable to provide or handle demand, it makes you look bad.
  • partsourcepartsource Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sadly, nobody responded in the proper forum yet, so I'll try here. My post:

Ok, so there's this UGC promo I'm interested in (because I was waiting for a 15% zen sale).

I'm interested in buying a $50 Ultimate Game Card. I'm paying for the worldwide version in $49.24 Canadian dollars, but the cashout screen for $50 worth of zen is slightly MORE than $50 dollars.

So what happens exactly? Can I pay the balance separately using a different method, or does the entire amount have to be paid with the card? If that's so, then I need to buy more cards than I need?

Kind of odd, really. Any insight? (I have until Jan 31 deadline, OTW I have to wait for the next promo which makes it easier I suppose).
  • seralynnseralynn Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    @partsource - unfortunately, Ultimate Game Card sometimes charges some fees and things when they do a currency exchange. if the website is showing that you have to pay more than $20 then you'll have to buy another card. there isn't any way to pay the extra with another payment type, but you can combine card amounts.

when you do this, you'll have "leftovers" on your second card. you can use these to make another payment, but they won't get a bonus. so like @branflakes said, shoot us an email and we'll credit your second payment manually with sparkly bonus ZEN*

thanks!

*sparkles may not be visible to all players
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    branflakes cant you ask your bosses to bring out game cards in UK im sick of paying by my phone and gettng a lot less then i would if i could get prepaid cards. UK has prepaid cards for nearly everything phones,gas,electric and 4G internet theres lots of games cards but none for pwe ive looked in all the game/computer shops and asked the staff. i even went to walmart owend ASDA no joy there ether.
    :(
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • cyberpunkfalconcyberpunkfalcon Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Another card not out in Australia :(

From the Where To Buy section of the Ultimate Game Card website:
    Australia Post
    Big W
    Toys R Us
    **** Smith <- lol :P
    Coles
    Woolworths
    Target
    Drake Supermarkets
    Gamestop

Bold are shops I've actually seen them for sale.
    Underlined are shops I haven't seen them for sale in.

I've found different locations of the chains may or may not carry them, but every Australia Post and Woolworths I've been into has them.

IIRC different shops carry different card denominations, so it pays to look around if the shopping centre your in has a bunch of the listed retailers.
  • tosveteranstosveterans Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey Mattmiracle,

I checked in with the billing team -- redeem it as $20, and again as $5. I *think* the $25 cards may be an older type of card, but are still redeemable through this method.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I bought 3x $20 cards and I just realized that you cant put all three in at the same time and get the $50 bonus (300) zen. Is there a way to do this? I have to get the most out of this sale!
  • necriemoonnecriemoon Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So today, I too was bit by the inability to redeem $25 Ultimate Game Cards. I picked up 4 of them, and can't do a thing with them. I can't even redeem them for $20 and again for $5... This is very frustrating...

I've submitted a billing ticket, but with an estimated 3-4 business day response time, am I still going to get the promotional bonus Zen ?

On another side note, I live in California. I went to every authorized reseller I could find of these cards in about a 25 mile radius, and did not find a single $50 card for sale... It was also quite frustrating to not be able to take advantage of the extra bonus for $50 cards.
  • necriemoonnecriemoon Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I submitted a ticket and it was taken care of less than 24 hours later :)
  • damecdamec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ya, just got ripped off by this "promotion" the card is good for 20 dollars, so it tells me that 20 dollars worth if zen costs 21 dollars, so i could only buy a 10 and a 5 dollar zen package with the card, now it has 4 dollars sitting on the card that I can't use, so the bonus points are nullified by the 4 dollars wasted on the cards balance, I am both p%$#ed right off but also can't help but admire the cleverness of this little scam :P
  • amdarkwolfamdarkwolf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Get more ZEN with Ultimate Game Card prepaid cards, from now until January 31st! Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

LOL this 'offer' is a rip off.

Lets explain: You go to the store and u buy a PWE card. U pay 10 bucks. U get 1000 zen. Done deal

Ok now if u go buy the ultimate game card(which i did thinking i'd get 15% bonus) - u see 20 dollar card.... u pay 21.22 at the til(canadian)
    Er.. first off .. ok fine.. paid tax.. lets take this card home.

U punch in the numbers.. u try to buy 2000 points.. your told to 'deposit an additional 1.22'

WHAT?

Ya.. so be warned, a 'ultimate game card' deal you will be able to only spend 15 of the 20 (due to taxes) and your 20 bucks will get you 1625 points, with a rough 3ish bucks left over you can't do jack with.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS CARD, its a scam.
  • thoglikebunniesthoglikebunnies Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    In the U.S., buying the cards at a local GameStop, there was no tax on these (or similar game card style product) items. $20 card = $20 at the register. So, it wasn't a huge rip off here, sorry if regional issues changed that for you, but it sure wasn't either of the companies involved fault.
This discussion has been closed.