test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A NOT so Quick note from NOVA CORE

Comments

• tripwire690tripwire690 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have absolutely no idea where you got all that from. Where did I even talk about the past or YOU?
    I never said you destroyed anything. I'm saying, if you want to use all that sh?t, don't cry about the rude words or behaviour people treat you with. I'm not exclusively adressing you or your fleet but everyone who thinks it's okay to bring whatever the game offers.
    So don't come in here and say: "We will not put restrictions on our guild members. They can use whatever they want but please treat them well and offer them candy."
    That sh?t doesn't work. Nobody will be nice to you when you knowingly take the fun out of the Arena for everybody else.

(I haven't really played the game since F2P but I even refused to play with my guild, if they wanted to bring Scramble when it was broken and yes I only used Faw with 25 Weapon Energy setting to clear mine spam. I've never played dirty. I didn't even support my PUGs, if they were abusing any broken mechanic. Maybe that makes me special but I only did it because winning with all that TRIBBLE doesn't mean anything to me. If you feel fine by using it, so be it but don't complain.)

If your intention was to address anyone then you might want to mention "the community" or "anyone" in your replies. I never said anything about NOT putting restrictions on anything. I said we cannot force our members to adhere to rules that do not in fact exist in the game relative to entering the PUBLIC queue. There IS a very big difference. Your use of faw while it was broken at 25 weapons power doesn't mean you still in fact didn't use something that was not working as intended at the time. 25 weapons power or 125 it still hit 100% of the time.

I'm also not begging for everyone to treat us like we are royalty either. What I'm saying is that I am an acting admiral RIGHT NOW for this fleet and I will take what steps are necessary to promote a healthy and clean as possible pvp in both the public queue, the private queue kerrat, and tournaments. I will seek discussion with other fleet admirals and fight to work out an agreements towards productive pvp play inspired by the Horizon Accord. I will do my utmost to create an atmsophere of fair and fun pvp play for both my fleet and the players opposite us in the queue. And I will be as productive and constructive as possible while doing it.

By the way I never asked for any candy. But some coffee might be nice.
    starfleet_department_of_temporal_investigations_by_gazomg-da64jys.jpg

Let no other Captain discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Debuffs and Disables be damned! Charge up your Backstep and Forge your build out of Lock Boxes, Consoles, and Flash Sales feeding off of only your pure will to chain, spam, and hax your way forward. You will not be forgotten to history.
  • raphezir1pw0raphezir1pw0 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Your use of faw while it was broken at 25 weapons power doesn't mean you still in fact didn't use something that was not working as intended at the time. 25 weapons power or 125 it still hit 100% of the time.

I don't really wanna go on about it but you have to realize that there is a difference between using and abusing. My FAW didn't hurt anybody. I used it - not abused it. Same thing with the different kinds of consoles and pets. Some are ok, some are not.
    I'm out.
    edited December 2012
    I don't really wanna go on about it but you have to realize that there is a difference between using and abusing. My FAW didn't hurt anybody. I used it - not abused it. Same thing with the different kinds of consoles and pets. Some are ok, some are not.
    I'm out.

You are correct. And the bottom line is it was on your ship. How badly you abused it is irrelevant. You used a skill that was not working as intended at the time. What power level you used it at is irrelevant. And some consoles are worse than others. But all consoles give some form of an advantage during combat. There are some we hate more than others but they have all been created equally in the fact that they give an advantage.

The ones that are extremely excessive hurt pvp right now more than the ones that are not so excessive. And Nova Core will be speaking with admirals from other fleets today at 2pm to discuss ways in which we can work together to alleviate some of the stress being felt right now by the community as a whole.

Let no other Captain discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Debuffs and Disables be damned! Charge up your Backstep and Forge your build out of Lock Boxes, Consoles, and Flash Sales feeding off of only your pure will to chain, spam, and hax your way forward. You will not be forgotten to history.
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2012
    I don't really wanna go on about it but you have to realize that there is a difference between using and abusing. My FAW didn't hurt anybody. I used it - not abused it. Same thing with the different kinds of consoles and pets. Some are ok, some are not..

And who, exactly, draws the line here? Oh, it's okay because *I* did it, but it's not okay when you do it.

that doesn't fly. By all means feel free to console yourself that *your* abuse of a broken or OP power or combo was justified while everyone else's was horrible abuse, but don't expect anyone to actually believe you on that point.

To be entirely honest your whole little spiel here comes off more as "I'm going to make PVP worse for everyone in the name of 'balance' and just go afk the moment anyone on my team does anything I consider broken'.

That's ridiculous behaviour, it contributes nothing of value to the game and quite frankly if you're doing it in PUGs as you suggest, you're probably convincing half again as many newbies that most pvpers are worthless. One can only hope that the rest of your team wasn't as useless.

Just in general, the whole "It's okay when I do ____, it's not okay when you do _____ because [literally any justification ever]" thing... is pretty ridiculous when you sit down and actually look at it. It's not easy to see either, unless you're looking for it- but we all do it to one degree or another. But what matters whether or not we let that colour our PVPing, or how it affects our interactions with the community.

If we're polite and reasonable, then we can generally expect others to be polite and reasonable in return. If we're frothing at the mouth about how it's only wrong when *you* do _____, but when I do _____ it's fine because [literally any justification ever]", then... well here we are right now.

So when you feel the urge to chastise someone for being an 'OP abuser', strip away all your justifications and look at the argument itself.

And leave the strawmans at home, okay?
  • polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nova Core=Now Skill Spamming TRIBBLE with a bug up there TRIBBLE. they get all butt hurt and cry like children when people call them out. Nova as a whole need to pull there head out of there TRIBBLE first off and realize it a game, and sh#t talking will occur. If you don't like it, man up and ignore it.

For you Nova beautches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y&playnext=1&list=PL3901EB243B6EF080&feature=results_main

Now take of the panties and put your big boy pants on and Harden the F@ck up because all with all this sh#t talking you still know are no match for Risa Squadron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5xvkAPXB9c

/end thread
  • theirishman90theirishman90 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I could not agree more. I am a member of Risa Squadron and I am constantly in game with TRIBBLE, TSI, LAG INDUSTRIES, etc. All are great players and a good challenge I find nothing wrong with either of them. As for pay to win, I think that the time ship is the best example of this. way too OPed. Who thinks it is fun to get stuck in a time vortex and frozen for 1 minute while everyone is free to blow you out of the sky? I believe the developers need to do a better job at monitoring this.
    Brandon Lovett@Cpt.Lovett
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    \Who thinks it is fun to get stuck in a time vortex and frozen for 1 minute while everyone is free to blow you out of the sky? I believe the developers need to do a better job at monitoring this.

Umm, just saying, it's hardly one minute, and being frozen renders you untargetable. If you can be targeted, then it's a bug.

Honestly, though, what I've gleaned from the thread is this: tripwire, representing Nova Core, states that the fleet's policy is a hands-off one, where they do not enforce any regulations on fleet members. He/she wants to clean up the image of the fleet. What he/she is in fact doing is divorcing the image of the fleet from the actions of its members. That can't be done. Either a)Nova Core will have to establish a policy, or b)Fleet members will continue to do what they want, and this will in turn reflect on the fleet itself.

Others say that they have a history of running exploits. Some claim that Nova Core players have been rude to them.

However, I see that some people in this thread are kind of rude themselves. Basically, you are calling him out because the actions of some fleet members contradict his stand. That, I believe, is inevitable, because the fleet's image cannot be separated from the the image of its fleet members. However, the manner in which some of you do it is somewhat lacking in tact. Take two posts above me, for instance.
    Nova Core=Now Skill Spamming TRIBBLE with a bug up there TRIBBLE. they get all butt hurt and cry like children when people call them out. Nova as a whole need to pull there head out of there TRIBBLE first off and realize it a game, and sh#t talking will occur. If you don't like it, man up and ignore it.

Now take of the panties and put your big boy pants on and Harden the F@ck up because all with all this sh#t talking you still know are no match for Risa Squadron.

Basically, what the poster is saying is that Nova can just ignore what people think of them, whether they are called out on using certain skills or not. Are you sure that's what you want? Could be miscommunication, but I doubt it. Moreover, what's the point of claiming to be better or more skilled? It is, frankly, somewhat irrelevant to the topic at hand as I see it. So what if you're better than they are, and you beat them even when they use P2W? No point crowing about it, is there? Simply let your actions speak for themselves.

To tripwire: What you're trying to do is a laudable effort. Yes, any effort to promote a clean PvP arena is good. However, in my opinion, the control of certain levels of P2W is an integral part of making PvP better and cleaner. Therefore, it is necessary for any PvP fleet which intends to have a clean image to at least have some form of policy discouraging the use of anything that is broken. While the community may not be able to achieve consensus on this, the fleet should at least make an effort to control P2W use among its members, or it will be seen as being hypocritical.

If I have misunderstood anything or made any mistakes, please feel free to correct me. Please, no insults or trashtalk, though. I've heard it all already, and it isn't going to help me correct any misunderstanding I may have.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The timecrap causes me to desync.

Sometimes abilities grey.
    Cursor doubles.
    Keybinds may or may not trigger abilities that are not greyed.
    Manual shield redistribution...as if.

Sometimes I can pop open the skill tab, click a few skills, and then move the slider up/down a bunch - fixes the cursor, ability triggers, and manual shield - but the greyed's require a relog.
    edited December 2012
    scurry5 wrote: »
    Umm, just saying, it's hardly one minute, and being frozen renders you untargetable. If you can be targeted, then it's a bug.

Honestly, though, what I've gleaned from the thread is this: tripwire, representing Nova Core, states that the fleet's policy is a hands-off one, where they do not enforce any regulations on fleet members. He/she wants to clean up the image of the fleet. What he/she is in fact doing is divorcing the image of the fleet from the actions of its members. That can't be done. Either a)Nova Core will have to establish a policy, or b)Fleet members will continue to do what they want, and this will in turn reflect on the fleet itself.

Others say that they have a history of running exploits. Some claim that Nova Core players have been rude to them.

However, I see that some people in this thread are kind of rude themselves. Basically, you are calling him out because the actions of some fleet members contradict his stand. That, I believe, is inevitable, because the fleet's image cannot be separated from the the image of its fleet members. However, the manner in which some of you do it is somewhat lacking in tact. Take two posts above me, for instance.

Basically, what the poster is saying is that Nova can just ignore what people think of them, whether they are called out on using certain skills or not. Are you sure that's what you want? Could be miscommunication, but I doubt it. Moreover, what's the point of claiming to be better or more skilled? It is, frankly, somewhat irrelevant to the topic at hand as I see it. So what if you're better than they are, and you beat them even when they use P2W? No point crowing about it, is there? Simply let your actions speak for themselves.

To tripwire: What you're trying to do is a laudable effort. Yes, any effort to promote a clean PvP arena is good. However, in my opinion, the control of certain levels of P2W is an integral part of making PvP better and cleaner. Therefore, it is necessary for any PvP fleet which intends to have a clean image to at least have some form of policy discouraging the use of anything that is broken. While the community may not be able to achieve consensus on this, the fleet should at least make an effort to control P2W use among its members, or it will be seen as being hypocritical.

If I have misunderstood anything or made any mistakes, please feel free to correct me. Please, no insults or trashtalk, though. I've heard it all already, and it isn't going to help me correct any misunderstanding I may have.

Indeed. It is a constructive effort to do the right thing. Which is far more than I can say for a select few who have responded to this post. We can and we are working on discouraging the use of things that have a negative impact on pvp games. At no point have I said that Nova Core would not. Again, we cannot force our members to do anything. If there is anyone who cannot understand that then it will simply have to be layed to rest as a personal problem.

• spherbspherb Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks all for the laughs, you made the last half hour of work fly by :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Can't please everyone :) not enough cake. What a p2w is for one person an auto macro is to another. que sera sera :p
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Mines and some other stuff still affect time-zoned ships
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • broken1981broken1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You've also made it personal with your ridiculous youtube video. "Is a Tuffli Freighter better than Nova Core".

LMAO!!!!!! dude again your on some good crack. dont you know dope is bad for you? i never made a vid but that title is lulz. its actually true tho. but ty for that info im going to google it. as i keep saying i knew you from the days when u and ur m8 would roll up with target engines 3 and tractors. i never said anything about you. i have never metioned your name either. and if your not the trip im thinking of then i could care even less about you at this point.

but for the real question, is a tuffi freighter better then nova core? i believe so.

LMAO!!!!!!! brokenmirror. dude im not zryo. but ty for calling out the wrong person. dont you feel dumb..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMlk4sRPLQk thats the link. notice who made it. im broken1981, thats zryo moron
    I can throw [Fireworks] at you and hope you catch on fire and burn to death lol
    edited December 2012
    broken1981 wrote: »
    LMAO!!!!!! dude again your on some good crack. dont you know dope is bad for you? i never made a vid but that title is lulz. its actually true tho. but ty for that info im going to google it. as i keep saying i knew you from the days when u and ur m8 would roll up with target engines 3 and tractors. i never said anything about you. i have never metioned your name either. and if your not the trip im thinking of then i could care even less about you at this point.

but for the real question, is a tuffi freighter better then nova core? i believe so.

LMAO!!!!!!! brokenmirror. dude im not zryo. but ty for calling out the wrong person. dont you feel dumb..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMlk4sRPLQk thats the link. notice who made it. im broken1981, thats zryo moron
    Well thank you for linking the video. That is in fact the video I was talking about and I now see that Broken1981 is not the Broken responsible in this video. So for the accusation I made before I apologize to Broken1981. It still however does not change the fact that he has been overly malicious towards me personally. Which is why I made mention of him in my post. I am still willing to have a conversation with Broken1981 as long as it is an intelligent and constructive one. But if he'd rather just sling mud....well then. There is nothing wrong with Dual Heavy diplomacy.

Just to put my statement in the proper context and to display to anyone still reading this thread how malicious you actually are and how unconstructive you continue to be. Notice there is an apology directed to you in my reply. It's called humility. Men usually develop it after their balls drop, they muscle up a moustache... oh.... and grow up.

edited December 2012
    hf with your whole poor me post ohh poor nub core. when u guys roll up in ques get ur skill consoles out because u will need them. as you had read my post i did extend an invite to my ts. you still want to be the uber moron that you are and try to make people feel sorry for you. not ganna happen. but ty for that vid, i need to remember to thank zryo for that vid. its truly lulz.

it sure as hell made my day. since your a troll and i fed you enough ill let you go on ur way.
    edited December 2012
    Indeed. It is a constructive effort to do the right thing. Which is far more than I can say for a select few who have responded to this post. We can and we are working on discouraging the use of things that have a negative impact on pvp games. At no point have I said that Nova Core would not. Again, we cannot force our members to do anything. If there is anyone who cannot understand that then it will simply have to be layed to rest as a personal problem.

Is that so? Perhaps I misunderstood. You see, I believe that this statement that you cannot do anything to force your members to comply will appear rather lazy, if not hypocritical. While it is a fact, it may be better to emphasise that the fleet will at least encourage its members to avoid the use of certain types of P2W. While Nova Core does appear to have a previously tarnished reputation, I'm willing to wait on the results, and I look forward to seeing anyone in the queues (despite my level of competency, which is abysmal).

A suggestion, anyway: Have a certain group or cadre within your fleet which agrees to minimise the use of P2W and yet be seen as capable by the rest of the PvP community. This small group will serve as a sort of 'proving ground' for strategies or builds which do not rely on P2W, and serve as examples to follow. However, any criticism must be taken seriously. In other words, while you cannot enforce your stand over the entire fleet, I believe that at least some of your members would agree to such a position, and if I may say so, "put their money where their mouth is". This, I believe, would serve as some proof that Nova Core is serious about making PvP better.
    edited December 2012
    Is that so? Perhaps I misunderstood. You see, I believe that this statement that you cannot do anything to force your members to comply will appear rather lazy, if not hypocritical. While it is a fact, it may be better to emphasise that the fleet will at least encourage its members to avoid the use of certain types of P2W. While Nova Core does appear to have a previously tarnished reputation, I'm willing to wait on the results, and I look forward to seeing anyone in the queues (despite my level of competency, which is abysmal).

A suggestion, anyway: Have a certain group or cadre within your fleet which agrees to minimise the use of P2W and yet be seen as capable by the rest of the PvP community. This small group will serve as a sort of 'proving ground' for strategies or builds which do not rely on P2W, and serve as examples to follow. However, any criticism must be taken seriously. In other words, while you cannot enforce your stand over the entire fleet, I believe that at least some of your members would agree to such a position, and if I may say so, "put their money where their mouth is". This, I believe, would serve as some proof that Nova Core is serious about making PvP better.

Indeed. You are misunderstood. The argument is that Nova Core should prove we are serious about cleaning up the community. But that is not the heart of the problem. The heart of the problem is that there is not a community of guild leaders who are serious about keeping in contact with each other like TSI has been in the past. Popping over to each others teamspeak and discussing what is acceptable and what is not and forming a pact by which they are bound to uphold the prime directive of the group. There is more than one fleet in this game at fault for the current situation we are in. So it isn't poor Nova Core. But Nova Core also isn't the source of gamewide grief plauging the queue. I have stated we will create an atmosphere of fair play to promote a healthy public queue. If you think that Nova Core should be the only one picking up the trash then you obviously don't understand the true scope of what sickens the queues. Thank you for everyone's responses constructive or otherwise. All feedback is appreciated. Be Well.

edited December 2012
    Scurry made an interesting suggestion actually... regarding a definite known premade from NC. Mostly we have pve'rs some pvper's some 'premades' but not like the premades composed of folks not necessarily on ts or in a team build, at least not like from back in the day. Methinks that would clarify a lot of misconceptions and kick folks off high horses. I might actually have to start updating my healer mr trip :P

ps are auto macros actually considered legal? someone tried explaining them to me but I got easily distracted... that and point and click to activate makes things more intense game wise

edited December 2012
    Indeed. You are misunderstood. The argument is that Nova Core should prove we are serious about cleaning up the community. But that is not the heart of the problem. The heart of the problem is that there is not a community of guild leaders who are serious about keeping in contact with each other like TSI has been in the past. Popping over to each others teamspeak and discussing what is acceptable and what is not and forming a pact by which they are bound to uphold the prime directive of the group. There is more than one fleet in this game at fault for the current situation we are in. So it isn't poor Nova Core. But Nova Core also isn't the source of gamewide grief plauging the queue. I have stated we will create an atmosphere of fair play to promote a healthy public queue. If you think that Nova Core should be the only one picking up the trash then you obviously don't understand the true scope of what sickens the queues. Thank you for everyone's responses constructive or otherwise. All feedback is appreciated. Be Well.

Okay, I see now. What you are in fact advocating is inter-fleet cooperation. Well, I'm all for that one. By no means am I saying that Nova Core should be the only one doing that. I'm just saying that it would be nice if you were to demonstrate your stand in that manner. But never mind that. As I said, I look forward to the fruits of your cooperation with others, and I hope that things will be better - eventually.
    edited December 2012
    So with all that said I would appreciate it if we stop attacking each other. I don't appreciate my fleet being spoken so ill of when I don't speak ill of other fleets. This last comment is specifically directed at BROKEN from Risa Squadron who has no respect for anyone and who seems to find every oppurtunity to put down my players and my fleet. I assure you Broken, NONE of my characters needs a console to rip your best ship in half. I don't like seeing my friends in TSI being bashed on when they have been a pillar of this community since I started playing. We need to all respect each other and the state that this game is currently in. We need to settle on the reality that it is what it is right now and exhibit good sportsmanship and make the best of it until it gets better. And we cannot forget that at the end of the day this is about the pew pew and the fact that it is fun. So pew pew in fun and not in malice.

yes u can get frozen and tric mines will kill you. they dont get frozen. my fleet mate stuck up for me and returned the favor back to trip for acting like a moron on fourms and calling me out. ive called out people but i always give them the respect of a 1v1 to settle it. i have never metioned trips name as he is still saying i have. its a huge lie. when yoda 47 kepted acting stupid i miss took that guy for the real yoda. i did 1v1 against him even tho i did not agree with his mines. he dont need them, because he can kill me. its over the top i believe. but he has my upmost respect as a fellow pvp'er. i know trip from the past. i thought he was a good team player. not so much in 1v1. but its not a 1v1 game is it?

i did extend an invite to the fleet ts in a pm first then on here. after he found out who zryo was i should have gotten an in game mail. heck yoda got intouch with me when i trolled fourms and we got it settled and i was happy about it. i was more then willing to try to fix this issue. i did not even want to bring up how my fleet mates were trated, tho at some point i gave him a tast of it. but he twisted my words and made it about me. i could care less how i was treated. it was about fleet mates. and this is what gets me, hes more concerned about whats being said about him then his fleet and fleet mates. he does not ask why his fleet has such a TRIBBLE name. and at this point hes a TRIBBLE leader himself. when people had to talk to my fleet leader, he dident act the way trip did. my fleet leader got the peoples side of the story and then asked me. did trip do any of this? no he took a post full of frustion and twisted it in his favor. sorry but not fleet leader material to me. and trip, this is not about you. its about your fleet that goes into ques as a premade uses all the p2w TRIBBLE agaisnt pugs, makes them not want to pvp ever again. futher more they acted as a premade with vold bug in ques against pugs. nice going to your fleet. are you guys on a mission to hurt pvp more? yes ive seen sob do this as well. but when i was in ques with new players ( yes new because engys and tacts did not even use epts and a sci using nothing but tt) guess what? they saw how bad thoes guys were and played clean. they even talked to them in zone chat asking if any of them wanted build help. and this is why i say nova core if the worse fleet in ques as a premade. you guys earned a bad rep. deal with it. dont come and make a post about in fourms. just clean ur damn rep. oh and trip ur a nice lier, u did abuse faw,ss and vm when it was op. dont act like u did not. because i will find your quote and post it.
  • raphezir1pw0raphezir1pw0 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    illcadia wrote: »
    And who, exactly, draws the line here?
    [some other TRIBBLE gibberish]

As I said before: If it were so hard to define the line there wouldn't be a communtiy complaining about only a few fleets.
    And I'm not going to make PVP anything. I'm not braindead enough to play STO PVP and crawl through craptics TRIBBLE anymore.
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm also not begging for everyone to treat us like we are royalty either. What I'm saying is that I am an acting admiral RIGHT NOW for this fleet and I will take what steps are necessary to promote a healthy and clean as possible pvp in both the public queue, the private queue kerrat, and tournaments. I will seek discussion with other fleet admirals and fight to work out an agreements towards productive pvp play inspired by the Horizon Accord. I will do my utmost to create an atmsophere of fair and fun pvp play for both my fleet and the players opposite us in the queue. And I will be as productive and constructive as possible while doing it.

You mentioned in a previous post that several non-productive NC members were thrown out of the fleet and as many demoted. Could i ask why? Obviously not naming names but i'd like to hear reasons.
    I could not agree more. I am a member of Risa Squadron and I am constantly in game with TRIBBLE, TSI, LAG INDUSTRIES, etc. All are great players and a good challenge I find nothing wrong with either of them. As for pay to win, I think that the time ship is the best example of this. way too OPed. Who thinks it is fun to get stuck in a time vortex and frozen for 1 minute while everyone is free to blow you out of the sky? I believe the developers need to do a better job at monitoring this.

Guess who's getting a Christmas card :X
    Indeed. It is a constructive effort to do the right thing. Which is far more than I can say for a select few who have responded to this post. We can and we are working on discouraging the use of things that have a negative impact on pvp games..

What did you have in mind?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • s7ikes7ike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    To the "i bought the consoles argument", countries develop WMD's but do they use them in all conflicts? For the most part no. Now, take not i understand that's not a totally accurate analogy. But, it's a good one.

Now if you wan't to let your players fully spec those consoles, then go ahead use those consoles at all times. Because guess what...you see those people running clean builds and not spec'd into cheese are the ones winning and are the ones surviving longer. All those consoles do is add to your frailty of your ship's. For a few seconds of fame.
  • polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This butthurt nova QQ thread is hilarious. You know if one to two people bitched about nova everyone would ignore it, but its not. People from all over the game talk about how awful nova is in skill and spam. There is an over confidence that builds from using so much TRIBBLE that they mistake it for actually skill, something I and others can fight though if need be. Take off the gear, join Risa and we will gladly teach you how to PvP since you obviously need a few lessons. We offer all, there are no super secret squirrel builds, we will help you out. Heck we even helped nom nom out and he stole several millions of doffs from Risa, but you have him now so good luck with that.

See we in Risa Squadron don't need to use spam to feel good about ourselves, we have real life. Some have wife(s), husbands, kids, jobs, and friends. Everyone is welcome to logon to Teamspeak and just chit chat. Members and friends of Risa are on all the time, and not necessarily in-game. Just there to talk and shoot the breeze. We don't feel it necessary to try and measure our 'epeens' like Nove with a QQ thread. Please try out TS and stay a while.
  • thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited December 2012
    Broken, Trip,

You need to squash this.

I will be on late tonight and for a good while tomorrow if you need a mediator.

Horizon
    edited December 2012
    Amen to that! :) Mean Girls online not ftw polie

• davidfloresiidavidfloresii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    @pax I don't log out or complain about others builds. I just get better. If everyone one was attacking me, I would love it! :D That's the main difference between us, I don't run from challenges. I embrace them. The feel of having to manually distributing shields. struggling to stay alive. It's awesome!!! Currently the max I can take on is 3 on 1. In a extremely close match. Just thinking about it is getting me excited! So if you think that everyone targeting me is some kind of threat??? Then sure, why not??? lol
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As I said before: If it were so hard to define the line there wouldn't be a communtiy complaining about only a few fleets.
    And I'm not going to make PVP anything. I'm not braindead enough to play STO PVP and crawl through craptics TRIBBLE anymore.

I dunno, I don't seem to have that many problems in Ker'rat. . .even when outnumbered, I can usually devise ways to outwit the feddies that are using broken/overpowered stuff. I've blown up my fair share of Vestas, Wells, and other 'snazzy' gimmick ships, and I've done it in my Hegh'ta. I'll be blowing up Breen ships before long.

Then again, a lot of PvPers seem to shun Ker'rat. I'd say they're missing out, tbh.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It is sad to say that discussions like this have happened for more than a year, if not two years now.

I am afraid there will never be a real, working player-driven solution for th e problem of cheese console powers and stuff like that. You can get it done for a tournament (but expect some crying and conflicts about why something is considered cheese and what makes the tournament organizer so special that he gets to set the rules and "you only won because you had rules that favoured your team"), but for the general queues, it seems to have never worked out, and I see no reason to believe it will.

As long as Cryptic isn't willing or able to offer tools to regulate this, there will never be a real solution, and new conflicts will flare up again and again.
    You picked the worst possible examples. Both Defiant and Intrepid are free ships via the VA token.
    Do you still get that token as F2P player?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • grindsmygears1grindsmygears1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I dunno, I don't seem to have that many problems in Ker'rat. . .even when outnumbered, I can usually devise ways to outwit the feddies that are using broken/overpowered stuff. I've blown up my fair share of Vestas, Wells, and other 'snazzy' gimmick ships, and I've done it in my Hegh'ta. I'll be blowing up Breen ships before long.

Then again, a lot of PvPers seem to shun Ker'rat. I'd say they're missing out, tbh.

Personally, its simply due to how broken kerrat is. Last time I was there, we were outnumbered and still were taking the Feds lunch money. We were queued and sent into a match. When we came back, only three of us went into kerrat due to the Feds that had been there calling for reinforcements and filling the instance. 3 klinks vs however many ppl it takes to fill the instance was not a lot of fun. Of course the Feds made it super fun by not even giving is a chance to spawn and fight back, but "that's how kerrat goes" I guess. Since they wouldn't even give us a fighting chance to respawn, we simply warped out leaving ~17 Feds holding there dicks in one hand while slapping each other on the back with the other. "That's how kerrat goes" I guess.

If they simply changed it to where only ten of each faction could enter, it would be a huge improvement, but I guess cryptic would have to remember where kerrat is first to even start to work on it.