test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Odyssey Uniforms should become the new default.

124»

Comments

• centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would love to see the Odyssey labcoat, Admiral's jacket and the dress style made to match the current odyssesy uniform from the fleet tailor as well as an Odyssey skirt and taller boots for females. This uniform should be taken all the way.

Hear hear!!!
  • radaikofromulusradaikofromulus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    trek21 wrote: »
    I'll admit: that, more than anything else today, truly surprised me.

And while I see where you're coming from, this only affects NPC's, not your own character or anyone else's player characters. What you wear (bought or not) is your business

It definitely has roleplay value, I think.

I think if it were possible to code this NPC change just from the individual player's perspective, then I'd not only love it, but suggest it for the ship's interior NPC's as well. I can control my BOFFs but I envision that when the Romulans are released, and I tour my ships interior, there will be at least one NPC who's bald and has a tribal tattoo running the whole length of its face.
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have to say, I'm loving this uniform! I've got it on two of my Fed characters right now, with one more going to purchase it when I get enough Dilithium and Fleet Credits on him. It really should become the default for Starfleet, it's so much better than the original free uniforms. Let's get the NPCs out of Antares 1, and into Odyssey. Plus, it would be one big walking advert for the uniform, and lots of people who don't know about it would be wanting to get their hands on it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • morkargh117morkargh117 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just got this uniform today, definately a very cool uniform...please devs consider putting the Starfleet NPCs in this uniform...it would make the game feel so much more like 2409 and would make Starfleet feel like the actual Starfleet we all love and know.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I say AGT reason every time star trek has time travel around this time that is the one they are all wearing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jtmarsh wrote: »
    I love the Odyssey uniforms. My 16 BO's have it on. Below is all 3 divisions and command.
    http://i.imgur.com/UmRrO.jpg

Too bad they didn't make the shoulder bulk slider larger eh? You get clipping issues stepping on to the bridge? So wide you reach 3 transporter pads with the shoulders :D

Anyway, we 400 years out in the future fighting a war in space. People wearing cotton shirts with leather belts?

I don't think they would and yes we should all be wearing halo high tech exosuits, think alien 2 meets metal gear solid.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    I say AGT reason every time star trek has time travel around this time that is the one they are all wearing

The problem with the AGT uniform, is that it was designed solely to make the actors look older. That isn't really that great in a game like this. That being said, the Odyssey steals all the good things about the AGT, so I think it's a perfect alternative.
    vestereng wrote: »
    Anyway, we 400 years out in the future fighting a war in space. People wearing cotton shirts with leather belts?

I don't think they would and yes we should all be wearing halo high tech exosuits, think alien 2 meets metal gear solid.

OH GOD NO! Ah!!! No! I don't even want to think about that. >_<

The thing is, we may be fighting a war, but we're doing it in spaceships. You don't see sailors wearing bulletproof vests now do you?

(Also, we have high tech exosuits already. Or am I wrong to think that's what the MACO stuff is?)
  • sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've spent countless hours trying to get a decent looking uniform, and now I find it's been here for quite a while but only for fleets, which makes me a sad panda.

I'm going to have to concur with the prevailing sentiment; Odyssey needs to be the new standard uniform for NPCs, and a version of it needs to be the "standard" uniform available to all players at character creation(ideally the light grey, black bar, division colour shoulders version from the artwork floating around on the site). Give fleets a tarted up version so they don't feel like you're "stealing" what they worked for to give to everyone, and put loads of variations into the C-Store to pay for the dev time needed to make the changes, but it needs to happen.

With this uniform and the newer Fed ships, the art team has finally hit upon a coherent aesthetic for 2409 that, IMO at least, is as distinctive and appealing as any other era of Trek design, and they should make it the centerpiece aesthetic for the game. If players want to run around in hot pink and lime green TOSMovie uniforms, flying about in Connies and Oberths, that's totally up to them, but allowing the players to indulge their nostalgia or horrible taste in clothes(:P) shouldn't stand in the way of making Starfleet seem like a coherent organisation.

Hell PWE, you never know, making NPC ships use the 2409 skins where available might even encourage some extra sales in the C-Store.

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.