13»

Comments

• thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Clickys!

Someone make new Clickys!
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There is so much stuff I need to farm, dil, rm, fm, ec, on multiple characters I don't have time to do something that offers little reward. I'd have just as much fun either way so if rewards were reasonable I would do them. The investigate officer reports combined with more rewards for doing spotlighted missions would make me try them.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How about we just have to do just ONE Foundry mission for the 1440 Dil reward?
  • exorace25kexorace25k Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How about we just have to do just ONE Foundry mission for the 1440 Dil reward?

This!!! A normal foundry mission takes at least 30 mins to complete. That is a totally fair requirement considering the fact that you get that same reward from doing 3 star cluster missions.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I plan to try some soon. Specially on the KDF side. Since STO is very lacking for KDF. To add a little more "meat" to their side. I'm sure the great authors can really create some good KDF missions. Other than STO's copy paste stories. As for the Fed's, I will do that when I get caught up with the current release.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've used the foundry in the past and saw the daily officer reports come up today and decided I'd try after s7 I love the creative side in the foundry and actually want to design my own (when they let us buy foundry slots again I hope soon.

but I was saddened I just scanned 20-40 mission in the foundry trying to find some that qualify for daily officer reports I know there there but I just don't have the 20 minutes to find them. I wanted to be DOING them.

they need to add that as a search criteria (does it quality for daily officer reports)

but until then how about pulling daily officer reports out of the event cycle and tossing something else in as right now its like an hour blocked out that's not being used and no one new can creatively work on it.

put another tour of universe in or something else for now.

foundry needs fixing and needs access all the quickies need to be categorized or something so your not running into them 99% of the time when that's not what you want.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't have time to wade through the list (full of 30 second completors)
    and the index has never worked
    I don't use it often
    Live long and Prosper
  • soleta63soleta63 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I only joined Star trek online to develop my own Stories and play other associates missions.

I create video's and develop my Graphic Novels using the foundry to create settings for my stories, Don't really care if anyone plays them as Dialogue is usually geared to my crews personality. it's a form of Exploration that can't be beat when you find a few good Foundry mission Authors. Just throwing a name out there try any of Capt_revo's foundry missions both Klingon and Federation.

Capt_Revo's one of my favorite to follow, haven't heard from Almac30 lately. As for the Dilithium and rewards well again it doesn't bother me either way as my game play is not geared around obtaining gear but Entertaining friends. i still fly a Tier III Dacoit as a Klingon lt. General so that should tell how much i care about ships of the WEEK.

BUT truth was told you can't do Three (3) good foundry missions in an Hour, and I too used Grand Nagus Missions to satisfy this requirement then went back to enjoying Foundry Series. heck i leveled my first Character on DOFF system and Foundry missions. :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    soleta63 wrote: »

BUT truth was told you can't do Three (3) good foundry missions in an Hour, and I too used Grand Nagus Missions to satisfy this requirement then went back to enjoying Foundry Series. heck i leveled my first Character on DOFF system and Foundry missions. :-)

The wrapper is a daily, so you get the 1440 + 50 FM for playing 3 in one 24 hour period. And really, you can take a lot longer that 24 hours. It's still not a big reward, but the only time that you need to do 3 in an hour is if you're trying to get the time-gated rewards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soleta63soleta63 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    The wrapper is a daily, so you get the 1440 + 50 FM for playing 3 in one 24 hour period. And really, you can take a lot longer that 24 hours. It's still not a big reward, but the only time that you need to do 3 in an hour is if you're trying to get the time-gated rewards.

Hey Kirky "KIRKSLPAT??" :-) Yours is another name to mention as good Foundry Authors. and I agree on the time gated rewards and that's what I meant for the Daily Officer missions. And the key word was GOOD Foundry missions, Try doing three (3) GOOD foundry Missions in an hour.

Good Example just try doing any 3 of the Spotlights in an hour.

LOVE SOLO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    soleta63 wrote: »
    Hey Kirky "KIRKSLPAT??" :-) Yours is another name to mention as good Foundry Authors. and I agree on the time gated rewards and that's what I meant for the Daily Officer missions. And the key word was GOOD Foundry missions, Try doing three (3) GOOD foundry Missions in an hour.

Good Example just try doing any 3 of the Spotlights in an hour.

LOVE SOLO

Thanks for playing my missions, and yeah it is really impossible to do 3 mission in one hour. Even if you find three that take exactly 20 minutes, given the time of sector space travel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ryanev wrote: »
    This. The few times I tried to play some foundry mission I ended up being stuck somewhere due to a bug.
    Not to be disrespectful to the authors of the missions, since they probably put a lot of hours into them, but I do have better things to do with my time in the game, than try and play 3 15-20 minute missions that in the end will yield me only 1440.

I'm better off Switching between my 6 chars and grinding ISE if I wanted the rewards.

Ive encountered the same problem since S7 launched. Not the authors fault of course. I have great ideas for the foundry but it is disapointing to think that hours of work could be all in vain.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have never used the foundry,

Mostly because I dont really know how I geuss, I dont want to get stuck in some crappy made episode and waste my time I dont have a lot of time to play star trek on line as it is.

I geuss I just never looked into it.

I would love to make a foundry mission tho, perhaps its something to look into.

One thing I have to say s I have yet to play a foundry mission that felt amateur or unpolished some of it truly is better than what cryptic puts out, after all even the cryptic missions are flawed. Play city of the polmar ree for example its like a living novel or short story with great maps and great characters.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How about this cryptic? The Foundry mission at wolf 359 where you needed to defend the freighter vs 3 fighters and then a cruiser. Let someone make a mission that has a wave of 3 fighters, then 3 escourts, then 2 cruisers then one capital ship while keeping the freighter alive and I would play that over and over if it had a chance at a XII loot drop at the last ship and standard drops for the other ships and doing it 3 times got me 50 fleet marks and 1000 dil. That mission would take on the average 10 min and would be a wonderful mission to test builds with or to do with a buddy. And make that mission vs any faction. Cardassian, Reman. Breen ect. It would be great to pratice builds on and a great way to get kill and damage accolades. I asked everyone in my fleet and it was a resounding yes that they would love a mission like this.
  • starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I play Foundry missions, but I don't use the tools to create because I find the idea of placing objects on a three-dimensional plane without being able to see the Y-axis very, very frustrating.