test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Patch with constant Disconnect

Comments

• paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    no it has not been fixed it took me 3 connects just to get from the bank at ds9 to the hallway that leaves the room. all other toons disconnect within a minute. a simple email would have been a nicer way to ask us not to play today.
  • piwright42piwright42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have auto updates on for Windows and it had four updates I needed to restart my PC for. I doubt that was the issue though.

After the restart it seems a bit more stable. You could retry that if you see "shut down" next to your power on and off button on the Windows desktop.
    If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
    They taste the same.
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was disconnected about 15 times in 90 minutes. I sure hope they fix this soon!
  • condarncondarn Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    What have they done this time?
  • hammerpthammerpt Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same problem here!
  • tomasd1988tomasd1988 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am really mad now. So I am just downloading PlanetSide 2 from Steam. If it catches me realy hard, I kiss STO good bye for good.
  • grzes303grzes303 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    same here
    two dc per minute after login
  • yellowwing2yellowwing2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When i log on i get kicked or disconnected after the update :confused:
  • reconalpha1reconalpha1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is Cryptics way of saying, Turn off the game and enjoy Turkey day with friends and families.

Happy Gobble, Gobble

:D
  • horemvorehoremvore Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same here....All chars :( and i come back dead every single time, in sector space.
    Payign for this TRIBBLE...grr

Edit: Actualy, sub canclled.
  • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    These disconnects aren't a game breaker... they are a GAME BROKEN, AS IN UNPLAYABLE.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • maddwolfmaddwolf Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is Cryptics way of saying, Turn off the game and enjoy Turkey day with friends and families.

Happy Gobble, Gobble

:D

LOL we're still a day away from that.....;)
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I stopped logging on about 30 minutes ago. Hopefully they get a fix soon. I was taking these next few days just to work on progression. Not off to a good start. At least I was able to restart some assignments between the DCs.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, they stopped after awhile, but as soon as a I started actively playing some missions I've gotten DC'ed every 10-15 seconds. Game is unplayable.
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Work all day, looking forward to a session of STO, first a patch and now I can;t even play... and in America it's ANOTHER holiday season?!?!? Well.. the rest of us are ****ed for now then....
  • madlax19madlax19 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good. I am not the only one. I warned them not to buy those things from the Ferengi who said they fel of a Klingon transport....
  • kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    While I have, on semi rare occasions, had disconnects, today is just silly...
    Getting them every couple minutes, sometimes while just standing still...
    Donno...sure is irritating, tho.
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008
  • kvetkvet Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    +1 for me too. I gave up finally and haven't logged back in for an hour or so. The patch today seems to have fixed nothing (the only bug I was interested in really was the Starbase contribution bug, which is affecting my Fed fleet and it wasn't fixed) -- I didn't get a chance to test the others because I was dc'd before I could get anywhere, and it kept putting me back where I started... Anyway, I'll keep my eye on the forum and come back when things seem to be more or less working again.

What I don't get is why the game is online at all at this point.
  • jhighfilljhighfill Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is a wide issue i hop the devs are on it
  • dranumeedranumee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As like many others in the game I am constantly getting disconnected from the servers. The time it takes varies from one log in to the next, ranging from right after loading in to a few minutes of sitting in space. With in the past hour, I have experienced a sum of 30 disconnects, the only constant that is a sure thing as that once I make it into an STF, the likely hood I wont get kicked, but I would only able to test this 2-3 times due to the fact that I was frequently being disconnected while waiting for an STF que.

As it is right now, the game is unplayable.
  • lordkratos1974lordkratos1974 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    same here. multiple dc's within 5 minutes.
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Logged on after about 45 minutes away. things seemed better. I was able to get my rep projects completed and a few assignments started, but then the DCs came again. People are saying that Fleet bases and Starfleet Academy seem more stable, but I was also getting DCs in SFA.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • markarichmarkarich Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Now, as if the constant disconnects weren't fun enough, there is a new super slow log-in and super long wait for the load screen to download. So now you can have the fun of waiting 5 minutes to load in before getting disconnected in 30 seconds. This is PATHETIC!!!

Edit...OMG still waiting for the initial log in and load up......and waiting...and waiting

2nd Edit...and now disconnect before full load up...thanks PWE... great job!!! I hope all those new techs you hired will be getting a nice Thanksgiving bonus.
  • jasoncholmesjasoncholmes Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    maddwolf wrote: »
    So what gives?.. just got in after downloading the new patch and me along with my fleet mates keep getting Disconnected Shortly after logging in.....Anyone else having this issue???

PLEASE FIX THIS CRYPTIC!!!!...need my STO Fix
    im have it to and so a lot of sto players
  • jasoncholmesjasoncholmes Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    im have the same problem and so are a lot of sto players
  • morlavuulemorlavuule Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    my gaME KEEPS ON GEETING DISCOUNTED
  • zunderdomezunderdome Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Do we get an accolade for the most logins a minute?! ;)

Okay, the dc's are now instant, from time to time it lets me in for a few minutes after that "relaxe" period i can play the dc-game again :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is Crypticverse...
  • drunkadmiraldrunkadmiral Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    getting disconnected many times
  • ofmacedoniaofmacedonia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mine only lasted about fifteen seconds before being disconnected. what gives?
  • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Now whilst logging in again for about the 50th time in a couple hours, a fatal error crash [in a pig file?] entering DS9... Possibly related?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com