test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

disconnected from server after patch (Resolved)

Comments

• kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm just using it as time to download SWTOR*.

*Not in anyway meant to be taken as a snarky comment. I have no intention of playing that game seriously, but I have been curious.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • joker13874joker13874 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    20 disconnections in 20 minuts...
    I go to Play Smurf Online?!?!?!?!!?!?
    www.confederazionestellareitaliana.com
    Premade Pvp Falchi Tricolori
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jengamanjengaman Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    olivia211 wrote: »
    I see it coming as well. I stopped counting my DCs at 16. Nothing seems to be working. Rep is busted, dil exchange is all weird. Can't even look at the exchange because I get DCd. I know some people will say "Well, it's a free game." Sure, it's listed as free, but many of us still pay money to play and enhance our experience. I know when I played another well known MMO, when big outages or issues like this happened, we were given playtime credit to make up for it. I know a 1-2 day credit doesn't seem like much, but it was the fact that they were willing to give it to us to atone for the problems. Will Cryptic / PW ever do that for us? I don't know.

Not sure 2 hours scheduled maintenance and 1.5 hours (and counting) of impeded gaming represents major downtime in any reasonable sense. But back to the light-hearted thread, already in-progress.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zykurai wrote: »
    It's not that bad, really. I've seen much worse from much bigger game companies.

*cough*Blizzard*cough*

If you have the time to complain, then you have the time to come up with constructive feedback or play another game while you wait.

Here's some constructive feedback: Don't get complacent measuring oneself to another's abysmal performance.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• halcyon3halcyon3 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    don't want to kick the flames, but i have been on for an hour now and not been d/c'd once :)
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jengaman wrote: »
    Welcome new players to Star Trek Onli... Onli... Onli... Onli...

:D

gesundheit
  • megtrekkiemegtrekkie Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    halcyon3 wrote: »
    don't want to kick the flames, but i have been on for an hour now and not been d/c'd once :)

dont get big headed :P
    edited November 2012
    Sto = Bug Life?????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prestonpoolprestonpool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    getting kicked every few minutes Cryptic/PW fix this TRIBBLE before you lose all your players this is getting ridiculas
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    disconnecting here a lot too...

emergency maintainance NOW PLZ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Somethings really wrong. I get disconnected in a row now... with and without using a proxy.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's not that bad, really. I've seen much worse from much bigger game companies.

*cough*Blizzard*cough*

Error 37! Gotta love Francis! He's hilarious when he Rages! :D

^^ WARNING: Contains Multiple F Words! ^^
  • zyhark#1465 zyhark Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    halcyon3 wrote: »

Yea a few of my fleet mates have been too (or at least only been kicked once or twice).

I just keep re-logging back in, waiting for the timers on my reputation projects to end so that I can see what happens.
    edited November 2012
    Please Use the E.M.O.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    [QUOTE=zykurai;6724121
    If you really think your time should be better spent on some other entertainment, then go do that and stop wasting said time here on the forums.[/QUOTE]

Who Tf Is You to tell me what to do?

I haven't said one "Cryptic sucks" or anything of the sort. If you don't like my posts, report me, ignore me, but as you have no problem expressing your dissatisfaction with my posts, I will continue to express mine on the server situation.

edited November 2012
    Who Tf Is You to tell me what to do?

I haven't said one "Cryptic sucks" or anything of the sort. If you don't like my posts, report me, ignore me, but as you have no problem expressing your dissatisfaction with my posts, I will continue to express mine on the server situation.

Not gona get into a argument with you so do as you like.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Huh, now I can't even log in properly. Selecting a character takes me to the infinite loading screen and disconnects.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not sure 2 hours scheduled maintenance and 1.5 hours (and counting) of impeded gaming represents major downtime in any reasonable sense. But back to the light-hearted thread, already in-progress.

The point I was trying to make is it seems like they are almost constantly releasing material that doesn't seem to be finished. Either that or the material is almost pointless. Sure, it's nice to have a planet like New Rom to walk around on, but the dailies are hardly worth the time. Run around for an hour and make...what, 20 roms when you can get twice as much from the new instance? Some of this stuff just feels so thrown together at times. Like they couldn't really figure out what they wanted to do or maybe it's a money man calling the shots and he doesn't care if they new content works. He just wants to get it out there so he can say they now have more stuff now.

I am not saying any of us deserve any sort of credit. The point was this other MMO felt they owed it to their player base to put out a superior product and when they failed, they made it up to them.

I mean come on...how long has the exchange not worked right? You're telling me in all this time they couldn't get it right?
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
    edited November 2012
    suaveks wrote: »
    Huh, now I can't even log in properly. Selecting a character takes me to the infinite loading screen and disconnects.

Could actually be a good sign... we'll see.
  • birmingshirebirmingshire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wtf is that? everytime i got desconected...
    HEROI@birmingshire
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Could actually be a good sign... we'll see.
    Nah... managed to log in and got DC almost immediatelly.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hopefully, it's fixed by the time I get home from work today. I have no other life. Sniffle.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • thunga42thunga42 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I and also my fleet mates are getting disconnected after a minute, maybe two. and then get back in and find the it continuing to happen.
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi Captains,

The team is on the case and is working to resolve this ASAP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Any update? Or should I give up on playing the game this evening?
    edited November 2012
    Not gona get into a argument with you so do as you like.

I thank you for your permission sir.

edited November 2012
    Hopefully, it's fixed by the time I get home from work today. I have no other life. Sniffle.

At least you got a job :P
    But yea, I except it to be working fine by then, at least in terms of server stability. (which is the most important thing atm)
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    edited November 2012
    olivia211 wrote: »
    The point I was trying to make is it seems like they are almost constantly releasing material that doesn't seem to be finished. Either that or the material is almost pointless. Sure, it's nice to have a planet like New Rom to walk around on, but the dailies are hardly worth the time. Run around for an hour and make...what, 20 roms when you can get twice as much from the new instance? Some of this stuff just feels so thrown together at times. Like they couldn't really figure out what they wanted to do or maybe it's a money man calling the shots and he doesn't care if they new content works. He just wants to get it out there so he can say they now have more stuff now.

I am not saying any of us deserve any sort of credit. The point was this other MMO felt they owed it to their player base to put out a superior product and when they failed, they made it up to them.

I mean come on...how long has the exchange not worked right? You're telling me in all this time they couldn't get it right?

I know mate, I was here for beta... never subscribed due to the obvious deficiencies in "improvement" to the experience - seemed all that mattered was "expanding" the experience.

Was just pointing out that the other thread (before it was merged with this proper b**chfest thread) was more light-hearted (debbie downer) and that 3.5 hours of effective downtime for "some" players is not worthy of some sort of credit like you stated.

I liked the design of the game when it was an infant and really want to try to enjoy it, but I must say - 2 days in to it and it seems that it is full of bugs - already restarted my toon twice. Once because after getting my LtCmd ship I was unable to station any BOFFs, and once because I was unable to spend skill points on a level 2 toon. Needless to say, I want to like it.
    edited November 2012
    Here's a positive update guys. One of my timers for my reputation finished a minute ago (the other is almost done too). I was able to start the next project with the new 20h timer right away.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    Any update? Or should I give up on playing the game this evening?

The engineers are working as fast as they can on a fix that can be implemented. Hopefully we'll have that fix pushed to Holodeck very soon (it may not require downtime, but can't say for sure yet).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.