test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

disconnected from server after patch (Resolved)

Comments

• ghostrider690ghostrider690 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All the dcing and the projects are still saying finishing and my Diplomatic level now says 2 instead of 3 almost 4 please fix this ...........
  • glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi Captains,

The team is on the case and is working to resolve this ASAP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Bran, noticed something that may or may not be related. All the rep projects I started before the update are saying "finishing" but not finishing. No timer is listed at all. These were project that would have still needed some time to finish under the 40 hour clock. Could this be related?
  • alastairnallalastairnall Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    After 4 disconnects in less than 10 minutes, gonna go do something else. Hopefully cryptic will get their ducks in a row quickly.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Every time I disconnect, regardless of what instance I am in, where what sector or planet I'm on I get shot back to ESD. EVERYTHING from my BOFF layouts to my console setups gets reset back to where things were before the patch. My ship gets deselected, and all progress I've made gets reset.

Very frustrating having to reselect my ship, reset my entire build and redo my tray layout AGAIN.
  • zyhark#1465 zyhark Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    gstamo01 wrote: »
    Not trolling. It's easier to roll back to last stable patch (which was late last night) than to try and fix this on the fly with everyone @ Cryptic looking to get out for the holiday... It's LOGIC. Not trolling....
    I was kidding about the trolling. Though I have to disagree about not fixing this problem now, as it is a patch that fixes issues that never should have gotten past Tribble, IMO.
  • michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zykurai wrote: »
    They are working on it. They posted so in this thread. Just be patient.

They say that patience is a virtue. I'm not very virtuous. I paid to play, I want to play, I do not want to see those words 'disconnected from server' again. Is it really too much to ask for?
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    pappaborg wrote: »
    the game busted and everyone is getting kicked off ever couple minutes. reputation mission bugged. take the game down and fix it!! its holiday time we got time and a busted game. not going to work.:mad:

There's already a big long thread on this in this very forum.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6720801#post6720801
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • jengamanjengaman Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Bran, noticed something that may or may not be related. All the rep projects I started before the update are saying "finishing" but not finishing. No timer is listed at all. These were project that would have still needed some time to finish under the 40 hour clock. Could this be related?

Well it is also affecting people well below the levels needed to be involved with that system. So maybe linked, but not likely THE cause.

It's my 2nd day re-evaluating the game (was on for beta though) and off-hand it seems like a patch that should not have been published (reminiscent of beta) - especially right before a major family holiday (US). Hopefully if not easily sorted in the next hour, they can rollback and continue testing it out on Monday.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    After 4 disconnects in less than 10 minutes, gonna go do something else. Hopefully cryptic will get their ducks in a row quickly.

Shouldn't this post go to a "Tech Support" thread rather than a "General community" thread?...I will try to move it to get us more attention:)
    DUwNP.gif

edited November 2012

They are aware of this and are working on it.
    I'll give you the link to the thread that they've talked about it in. Maybe you can follow that there.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6723221#post6723221
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wuusta wrote: »
    After the Shard Maintenance ( 1 hour ago ), whenever i join gem after a a few seconds ( maybe a minute ) i get disconnected. This has never happened to me before. Please help
    I have tired restarting the game, but it still keeps on doing it

There's a big thread on this already in this forum.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6720801#post6720801
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It hasn't happened yet, BUT I fully expect it to today.
    Why?
    Loads of Disconnects
    Borked Rep and Starbase projects
    etc
    But most importantly;

We haven't had one in some time now.

It happened often after S5 launched but not so much after S6.
    I predict a build up of "unexpected" has reached critical mass, and is about to explode on us.

NOTE: this is light hearted poke at patch problems, not a rage.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm in... I'm out..

I'm in... I'm out...

Feels like a night with my GF after we've had a fight.

(I usually end up on the couch)

:eek:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited November 2012
    They say that patience is a virtue. I'm not very virtuous. I paid to play, I want to play, I do not want to see those words 'disconnected from server' again. Is it really too much to ask for?

Yea I agree, and even though I'm a f2p player now, I still think that this is just something that happens sometimes, and I've seen far worse from other games.
  • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Constant disconnections.

I have to ask honestly? who do you have beta testing this stuff? please fire them, and ship them off to work in the mines of Siberia!

Honestly Windows Vista Alpha edition came out more polished than this release, you should all hang your heads in shame. Obviously not a minutes testing was done on this release.. how about instead of NEW MONEY MAKING FEATURES you work on a few releases with NOTHING - BUT - BUG FIXES

Really disappointing show.
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • abmaracabmarac Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The problem is not the firewall
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zykurai wrote: »
    They are working on it. They posted so in this thread. Just be patient.

My last day off had a 4 hour maintenance that turned to 8 hours. Patience.

Today is also my day off, and it's 1pm here and the game's been down, or unplayable all day.

Any word how long I should continue to be patient for, or should I just throw in the towel for the day and find another game to play ? Shame I can't get a refund on the zen I just bought, I'm suddenly experiencing buyer's remorse. Maybe it would have been better spent on some other form of entertainment.

One that perhaps requires slightly less patience.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• megtrekkiemegtrekkie Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i am going to say this from a previous thread you want us to be patient and respect you as stated but you do stuff like this you need to remove bug and make the game stable not make new content and forget everything so please do this for once cos being disconnected like 45 times in space of an hour is ridiculous
  • jengamanjengaman Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Welcome new players to Star Trek Onli... Onli... Onli... Onli...

:D
  • willomallywillomally Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Having the same problem doesn't matter what toon I'm on.
    [SIGPIC]

Look at the pretty mushroom grow
  • captaindsterlingcaptaindsterling Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    <
    Having the same disco problems. :(
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well, half of my problem was that my little brother was downloading an entire library.... again.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's almost funny. They release a patch that's almost unanimously excited the community and even restored some faith in the devs...and it broke the game. :P

Hope they fix it soon.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • arminplugin1978arminplugin1978 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Star Trek Offline -,-
    edited November 2012
    ivannanuke wrote: »
    Constant disconnections.

I have to ask honestly? who do you have beta testing this stuff? please fire them, and ship them off to work in the mines of Siberia!

Honestly Windows Vista Alpha edition came out more polished than this release, you should all hang your heads in shame. Obviously not a minutes testing was done on this release.. how about instead of NEW MONEY MAKING FEATURES you work on a few releases with NOTHING - BUT - BUG FIXES

Really disappointing show.

It's not that bad, really. I've seen much worse from much bigger game companies.

*cough*Blizzard*cough*

If you have the time to complain, then you have the time to come up with constructive feedback or play another game while you wait.
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I see it coming as well. I stopped counting my DCs at 16. Nothing seems to be working. Rep is busted, dil exchange is all weird. Can't even look at the exchange because I get DCd. I know some people will say "Well, it's a free game." Sure, it's listed as free, but many of us still pay money to play and enhance our experience. I know when I played another well known MMO, when big outages or issues like this happened, we were given playtime credit to make up for it. I know a 1-2 day credit doesn't seem like much, but it was the fact that they were willing to give it to us to atone for the problems. Will Cryptic / PW ever do that for us? I don't know.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • captaindsterlingcaptaindsterling Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jengaman wrote: »
    Welcome new players to Star Trek Onli... Onli... Onli... Onli...

:D

<ROFL> I love it!!! :D
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Never deploy a patch to a server on or before a holiday unless it's for emergency maintenance. I'm pretty sure no professional tech shop would do such a thing and I've worked in my share. :rolleyes:

Oh well, server engineers, have fun working on Turkey Day because your bosses greenlit a patch before a major holiday.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
    edited November 2012
    My last day off had a 4 hour maintenance that turned to 8 hours. Patience.

Today is also my day off, and it's 1pm here and the game's been down, or unplayable all day.

Any word how long I should continue to be patient for, or should I just throw in the towel for the day and find another game to play ? Shame I can't get a refund on the zen I just bought, I'm suddenly experiencing buyer's remorse. Maybe it would have been better spent on some other form of entertainment.

One that perhaps requires slightly less patience.
    Ok so that makes you east coast. Servers went down for maintenance at 10am (I know cause I was online until then). The maintenance was supposed to end at 12pm (2 hours, not 4 or 8).
    It's now 1:30pm and I, at least, am able to log in and stay log in for 5-10 mins at a time, enough to at least chat with fleet mates buy the stuff I need for when the reputation system starts working again.
    If you really think your time should be better spent on some other entertainment, then go do that and stop wasting said time here on the forums.
This discussion has been closed.