Comments

• Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Outstanding stuff, thanks guys
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You mention reputation projects across all tiers are being dropped from 40 to 20 hours, yet the patch notes say its only T1 and T2. Can you clarify on this?
  • Options
    dastahldastahl Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    Oh yes, there is one thing I question. You've been saying that more dilithium than ever is being put in the hands of players... well I keep seeing dilithium sources cut off. There's on in this very post. So, um, care to explain, Dan?

There were several goals in Season 7 that were interelated.

These included:
    • Increase the Dilithium Earn Rate of the avg. Level 50 player
    • Close Dilithium Loopholes
    • Normalize Dilithium earn rates per hour across the various ways you can earn it
    • Reduce the 42 currencies needed for STF gear
    • Introduce an Alternate Advancement system so players can earn more Captain Powers without increasing the Skillpoint cap
    • Increase participation in Fleet Actions

So while we've removed some of the ways you could earn Dilithium, we've added or are adding several more than will help us achieve the goals above.

While some of the goals were tackled immediately, it has taken several days of data mining to see where we could shift and still hit our goals while addressing player feedback.

Depending on your play style, you may very well have seen an immediate reduction in how you were earning Dilithium - however we are hopeful that with these changes, you will find the way that you will be able to continue to enjoy the game and earn more Dilithium while doing so. It isn't going to be perfect, but we will continue to adjust to help out the average player and the enthusiest hardcore player.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dastahl wrote: »
    The number of players that were earning 1440 dilithium on all of their ALTs by running simple Foundry missions (ie - click one thing on Earth Space Dock) and then selling that Dilithium to the exchange, then buying it back on their main forced us to make this change.

If you want the 1440 Dilithium from the Foundry daily - you must play a Foundry mission that "qualifies" - meaning it has to be at least 15 minutes of gameplay.

We've held off on making this change in the hopes that players would police the simple missions and have them removed - but it just didn't happen.

If we had a better solution for the Foundry daily, we would go with it - but for now - Sorry you have to play at least a 15 minute long mission.

We will look into increasing the reward if the average length of Foundry missions that players are playing is greater than 15 minutes - but we're waiting to see if players will stop using these missions as an "easy" way to get Dilithium.

(Responding to the section in bold).

I don't mean any disrespect. But how can Cryptic still thinks in such a naive manner after all of these years of designing and running MMORPGS. If players have a choice, of course they are going to do the most expeditious way of earning repetitious rewards in a game (console clicker Foundry missions). And they are going to choice the best and most efficient combination of gear. 3 piece set of old Borg Assimilate set or slotting of 1 Accuracy/5 Damage or 5 Damage Enhancers in City of Heroes. If you want players to player in a certain way, you need to force it.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    hypl wrote: »
    You mention reputation projects across all tiers are being dropped from 40 to 20 hours, yet the patch notes say its only T1 and T2. Can you clarify on this?

Not all changes are going live tomorrow - the entire list of changes will not be complete until the end of the month.
  • Options
    grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Considering this is the three year anniversary coming up, why not do something like celebrating the ten oldest, active fleets? I mean, if they've managed to stick around since launch then surely they deserve some recognition for helping to make this game what it is.

Also more Klingon ships ;)
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All I can say is :eek::eek::eek:

Wow, the changes to the Rep system sound like an excellent idea, and I am really looking forward to the Winter Event
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Reputation XP Project timers are dropping from 40 hours to 20 hours across all Tiers. If you have a project in progress, it will not change, but any new projects after the update will be adjusted. We are also looking into adding the ability to drop a project.
    After going back through the math, *blushes from her error*, I thank you for making this change. It was one out of a handful in which really bothered me. When I saw that timer say, "1 day and 16 hours", I felt like the wind went out of my sail.
  • Options
    anonymoose666anonymoose666 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mr. Stahl. if your still reading: you said in the OP that we would see more adventure planets in the future. With the preface that your personal preferences are not necessarily the same thing as development priorities, what planet would you personally like to see added and why? :D
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To Dan and the Dev team,
    Just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for listening to the players as well as analyzing all the data you've collected. Sometimes concepts can seem great on paper, but not fully be what you expected in practice. Hopefully everyone will just chalk it up to a growing pain, say thanks for listening and that'll be the end of it.
    However, one thing I would like to bring back to your attention is that yes there are all the different ways to get dilithium, and now more ec is being added back with the stf loot returning, but with the embassy and now the reputation system, the damage and the strain to smaller/medium fleets is pretty severe. I understand the logic behind 200k dilithium for a project spent by X number of players doesn't equal that much, but that's not how the system is working. Right now on my fleet we're stacked with approx almost 750k dilithium required for projects (yes that includes 400k for limited time projects). At this rate with the new changes it's a struggle to even unlock tier 2 and we'll probably just stop there and switch to doing the embassy when people contribute outside of their rep systems. Call me stubborn or whatever you'd like but I don't want to simply abandon it to join a larger fleet, there's too much time and resources invested.
    I'm just asking that with all the different changes being made post season 7 launch if once all the dust settles if you could please go back and take another look at the fleet data and hopefully find some more adjustments that could be made.

To Everyone else,
    Some of us gave as much constructive criticism as possible, and others took a more negative approach. I just ask that everyone take the moment or two that it takes to thank the dev team for listening to it all the good and the bad, and for coming up with some solutions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    xantris wrote: »
    Outstanding stuff, thanks guys

To be fair to Jack - he has been the most vocal champion of the changes that you see in this list. He plays STO a lot and always has really good feedback. I just like to blame him for things because he's fun to tease.

If there is anyone that deserves the shame, it is me because ultimately the buck stops here and if something goes live, I approved it.

Luckily, I can also change it :)

Fortunately, Season 6 (and now Season 7) have been such positive improvements to the game (and the health of the business), I've been able to increase my staff and for the first time in Season 8 - tackle something awesome and on my long standing engineering report to do list.

If things keep going this way - the team will be able to start knocking off all of the features and content goals we've had since day one. It really is a good time for STO and we hope that with your support - it continues!
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There were several goals in Season 7 that were interelated.

These included:
    • Increase the Dilithium Earn Rate of the avg. Level 50 player
    • Close Dilithium Loopholes
    • Normalize Dilithium earn rates per hour across the various ways you can earn it
    • Reduce the 42 currencies needed for STF gear
    • Introduce an Alternate Advancement system so players can earn more Captain Powers without increasing the Skillpoint cap
    • Increase participation in Fleet Actions

So while we've removed some of the ways you could earn Dilithium, we've added or are adding several more than will help us achieve the goals above.

While some of the goals were tackled immediately, it has taken several days of data mining to see where we could shift and still hit our goals while addressing player feedback.

Depending on your play style, you may very well have seen an immediate reduction in how you were earning Dilithium - however we are hopeful that with these changes, you will find the way that you will be able to continue to enjoy the game and earn more Dilithium while doing so. It isn't going to be perfect, but we will continue to adjust to help out the average player and the enthusiest hardcore player.

Well, it seems you guys are honestly trying to help the game, and for once I actually have a grain of belief that what is said above will come true. But I've highlighted the things that currently don't apply to me since my game doesn't even work :cool:.

I really do hope that you guys will continue on this path, though, as you seem to be making a lot of good choices in making changes.

And I really do hope I will be able to log in to see them sometime... this week? Month? I'm gonna keep on tryin'.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    Wow... I never would have guessed. :rolleyes:

btw, I can't decide which I am more disturbed by, your avatar or your sig. (But nothing beats a VERY spine-chillingly wierd avatar I saw yesterday that is now imprinted in my mind)

I find your disturbance... gratifying. :P

Stewey is my alter-ego, the Old Troll in me keeps him in check...

... sometimes...

(as certain folks around here will attest) :D

Though lately, even I have found Stewey to be a bit much...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My main concern is a bug that's kicking people out of PvE queues as soon as they show up.

Has that bug been investigated? Because that'll make or break my involvement in the Reputation System.
  • Options
    dublinraiderdublinraider Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Many thanks to Cryptic for listening to customer feedback and making updates to address some of the concerns.
    Its helped restore my confidence in Cryptic and STO.
    Please keep listening.
    As fans we understand its a free to play game now and monetization has to be integral to the survival of STO, just don't take us for granted and try to meet us half way whenever finanically possible.
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    voicesdark wrote: »
    To Dan and the Dev team,
    Just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for listening to the players as well as analyzing all the data you've collected. Sometimes concepts can seem great on paper, but not fully be what you expected in practice. Hopefully everyone will just chalk it up to a growing pain, say thanks for listening and that'll be the end of it.
    However, one thing I would like to bring back to your attention is that yes there are all the different ways to get dilithium, and now more ec is being added back with the stf loot returning, but with the embassy and now the reputation system, the damage and the strain to smaller/medium fleets is pretty severe. I understand the logic behind 200k dilithium for a project spent by X number of players doesn't equal that much, but that's not how the system is working. Right now on my fleet we're stacked with approx almost 750k dilithium required for projects (yes that includes 400k for limited time projects). At this rate with the new changes it's a struggle to even unlock tier 2 and we'll probably just stop there and switch to doing the embassy when people contribute outside of their rep systems. Call me stubborn or whatever you'd like but I don't want to simply abandon it to join a larger fleet, there's too much time and resources invested.
    I'm just asking that with all the different changes being made post season 7 launch if once all the dust settles if you could please go back and take another look at the fleet data and hopefully find some more adjustments that could be made.

To Everyone else,
    Some of us gave as much constructive criticism as possible, and others took a more negative approach. I just ask that everyone take the moment or two that it takes to thank the dev team for listening to it all the good and the bad, and for coming up with some solutions.

Heard and understood. It is still tough for fleets under 25 players to achieve Starbase goals in a reasonable time. We will look more into this and see if there are other things we can do to help. We've already adjusted the top tier projects down a few times and we may do so even more in the future.
  • Options
    tali9999tali9999 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, all i can say is that it sounds like good news.

I am happy to see random loot coming back in STFs and i am glad Reputation Projects timers are getting adjusted.

Now, i am gonna wait until i really see it happen and then if i feel entertained i will move forward and buy your Vesta with cold hard cash.

*Hopefully awaits changes*
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Heard and understood. It is still tough for fleets under 25 players to achieve Starbase goals in a reasonable time. We will look more into this and see if there are other things we can do to help. We've already adjusted the top tier projects down a few times and we may do so even more in the future.
    Sweet spot is Tier three. As someone who runs a 23 to 25 member fleet, I noticed tier three has been a major burn. We have practically stopped. Can you please look at those requirements?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    entnx01 wrote: »
    My main concern is a bug that's kicking people out of PvE queues as soon as they show up.

Has that bug been investigated? Because that'll make or break my involvement in the Reputation System.

Yes - I should have mentioned this - It has been our top priority bug since Season 7 went live. We have a potential fix going out tomorrow - and if it isn't completly fixed we'll keep hammering on it until it works.

One thing I've noticed is that if you are running the Klingon Scouting Force Fleet Action - you can usually prevent getting booted from the map by minimizing the contact that pops up when you enter. Just don't hit continue and you should be allowed to stay in the map.

We will squash this bug as soon as we can.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I will add: Without frontloading of rewards, alts tend to lose value. Without alts having value, people will tend to roll alien over specific species. I would just ask to look at these points.

I would ask politely that as you look at respecies and retraits, you re-examine the point of species to begin with.

Also possibly look at reviving that idea for alt-to-bridge officer conversion. It was mentioned a long time ago. People are going to be focusing less on alts in the game as it is now and allowing people to do something with them would be beneficial, both to players with alts and, I think, your sales.
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    when is the team gonna announce the tribble test weekend reward
  • Options
    dublinraiderdublinraider Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I forgot to say earlier, really excited about the Denise Crosby info! :)
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    topset wrote: »
    KDF players will never be happy, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Well, we are getting screwed on the feds getting another exclusive ship addition before us. I think we're up to like 9 fed only C-store ships in a row now. So we're feeling pretty justified about that anger.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes - I should have mentioned this - It has been our top priority bug since Season 7 went live. We have a potential fix going out tomorrow - and if it isn't completly fixed we'll keep hammering on it until it works.

One thing I've noticed is that if you are running the Klingon Scouting Force Fleet Action - you can usually prevent getting booted from the map by minimizing the contact that pops up when you enter. Just don't hit continue and you should be allowed to stay in the map.

Oh thank goodness. That bug plagued me and my STFs to Ferenginar and back for so long. You're really making me happy here, Dan.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I never really liked that particular FA and pretty much stopped trying it many, many months ago...

But since I acquired the Science Temporal ship (the U.S.S. Elise McKenna, anybody get the reference?) and the consoles that go with it, it's been a lot more fun.

:)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If things keep going this way - the team will be able to start knocking off all of the features and content goals we've had since day one. It really is a good time for STO and we hope that with your support - it continues!

That's great news, and these changes in general are very welcome.

My dilithium earning has all but hit rock bottom at time when one character's worth of 8k per day isn't enough to feed all the ever growing sinks we face - I'm currently earning under 3k per day.

I'm not sure what items in particular you're looking to knock off first, but that "trait respec" cannot come fast enough. Hopefully you have that on the list.

linyive wrote: »
    Sweet spot is Tier three. As someone who runs a 23 to 25 member fleet, I noticed tier three has been a major burn. We have practically stopped. Can you please look at those requirements?

Yes, T3 is basically a death knell for small/mid size casual fleets.
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dan, having read your follow up comments, I have to say this is the most positive news I've seen since Season 7 was launched. I hope by next month I will be able to fully enjoy all the excellent new content that Season 7 brought in, without having to worry about where all the Dilithium was going to be coming from.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of Tau Dewa, my C-Store Excelsior is unable to transwarp there (it can't transwarp to Zeta Andromida, Gamma Orionis, Pelia, or Orelius either). Any chance that this can be looked at, especially as I specifically bought this ship from the C-Store for the ability to transwarp to any sector.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So there is plenty to look forward to in Season 7 and we thank you for continuing to share your feedback and comments with us. Thank you for the both the kudos and the criticism (although some of you need to learn some manners). We get better with every season and we have you to thank for that. We do listen, and while we don't always immediately react, we do deliberate and make changes based on ideas and feedback you submit. The QA team is still crunching through all of your bug reports and we expect to have major issues ironed out soon.

I know that i've been responsible for a fair amount of criticism towards you, as well as both Cryptic and PWE. I assure you, I mean no disrespect or spitefulness in my comments. I comment, because I am quite a passionate person when it comes to things I care about. I've invested over 2.5 years of my life on playing STO, despite it's shortcomings at times. I want nothing more, than the best for STO and hope for it to improve (in every way possible). If at times, I come off as being "rude and disrespectful", I sincerely apologize, and hope you and the rest of the staff at Cryptic/PWE can overlook my shortcomings at times.

Moving on, i'd like to take a moment to quote a previous poster (very good suggestions);
    hatepwe wrote: »
    More Dilithium activities or even a small amount of Dilithium on all missions (including Featured Episodes). Maybe a Dilithium event where for a week all story content gives 240 Dilithium per mission?

Any chance of adding a Dilithium Crate (similar to Champions Questonite boxes) to the drop pool for Captains/Battleships/Dreadnoughts? Varying amounts of Dilithium ore in the box of course.

Would there also be a chance to trade in Fleet Credits for Dilithium in the future? Perhaps a Dilithium Mine on an asteroid as a fleet holding with Doff/mark/Commodities inputs that upgrades the Holding and allows for more Dilithium to be mined or some such thing?

Potential sources for new Dilithium (small and large);

- Episode run-through (1st time)
    - Episode Replay (lower than the first run)
    - Dilithium Crates (rare drop from higher difficulty mobs)

Since you and other staff insist on Dilithium being a "time-based currency", I figure that should encompass ALL forms of activity that require player involvement (i.e hands-on action by the player). For obvious reasons, DOff/Fleet/Reputation assignments would be exempt from rewarding Dilithium, other than under specific circumstances (such as Contraband turn-ins).

I also believe that Dailys should always reward Dilithium, even if the amount may be smaller than what we previously had before Season 7. Latest change of removing the "Fleet Action Daily" Dilithium reward, is a big step BACKWARDS, much like the travesty that was the sudden removal of STF Dilithium. And we all know the amount of negative backlash after that. And depending on the content, potentially have one of the "Marks" as an additional reward. Both Fleet Actions and PVP Dailys should have access to a "Fleet Mark" reward. If not in the Daily reward, add Fleet Marks to the completion of individual PVP matches or Fleet Actions, with the amount of Marks in PVP being determined by contribution (Healing and Damage). The tech obviously exists, since Fleet Events can reward a variable amount of Marks depending on how many "waves" of ships are destroyed, how many mobs are killed etc.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Time for a STO Season 7 Update

Greetings!

First off, Happy Holidays from the STO Team! It has been pretty hectic around here and we can't believe it has already been a week since the launch of Season 7! Before we go into the Holiday Weekend, the team and I would like to give you a status update.

Season 7 is doing great. Lots of new players are logging in. Plenty of returning players are coming back to check out the new update. Concurrency is up across the board and generally speaking the team is very proud of the work that went into this Season and we are thrilled by all of the wonderful comments about New Romulus and the new Events. You can expect more large zones like this in future Seasons.

Not everything is sunshine and roses, though. As we mentioned in previous posts, we continue to monitor the Dilithium economy reaction to the changes in Season 7 and as previously stated, we will be making some additional adjustments which we feel will address issues that have been discussed. Some of those changes are going to happen in an update tomorrow (Wednesday Nov 21) and some of them are going to happen in the following week's update on Nov 29. If we feel more changes are necessary after that, we will certainly make them because our goal is to keep the game balanced while ensuring that players are having fun. Even though we've managed to get more Dilithium into more players hands, we agree that STF runs and Dilithium have been a challenging change that needs to be addressed and we are going to continue to do so.

First up, we expect to turn Foundry play back on with tomorrow's update. This is great news for Foundry fans and anyone looking to run the Foundry Dilithium Daily mission. We expect to have Foundry editing online in the following week after we've finalized all of our mission regression testing. So far everything looks good and we are in much better shape than we were after Season 6.

Private Queues are going to remain off for another week so that we can get the cool down timers for the missions to be in synch with the cool down timers in the public queues. Once that is confirmed, we'll turn the private queues back on.

The Reputation System, including the STFs are getting some major changes over the next two weeks. Here is a rundown of what is going to happen over the next several Holodeck updates.

• Omega Conversion Crates can be opened immediately. You will no longer need to achieve T3 in Omega Fleet to open these.
    • Reputation XP Project timers are dropping from 40 hours to 20 hours across all Tiers. If you have a project in progress, it will not change, but any new projects after the update will be adjusted. We are also looking into adding the ability to drop a project.
    • All XP Reputation Projects (projects that reward progress towards your next Tier) will now grant 240 Dilithium (on average) upon completion. If you complete 4 XP Rep Projects a day, you should earn about 960 Dilithium per day from it. These are in addition to the Marks to Dilithium conversion Projects. Once you've completed a Reputation System, these XP Projects will go away, but the Marks to Dilithium conversion projects will remain.
    • Reputation Projects that convert Marks to Dilithium are being moved from unlocking at T5 to being available immediately. This allows you to convert Omega Marks and Romulan Marks to Dilithium similar to how you could trade STF items for Dilithium previously.
    • Loot drops are getting added to STF mobs as well as to bosses.
    • End of STF Loot Rolls are returning. There will once again be a chance to earn special rewards at the end of STFs or Romulan Mark events. These special rewards will be Bonus marks, Borg Neural Processors, or other items needed for Reputation rewards.
    • Reputation Advancement Projects (the ones that unlock each tier) are having their timers reduced from 1 hour to 15 mins. and we are removing Dilithium inputs from these Tier Up projects.
    • The amount of commodities needed for Romulan Reputation projects is being reduced due to the lack of drops on New Romulus. We will be adding more drops to New Romulus in the future either through enemy kills or daily missions.
    • All Reputation Projects are being changed so that you need to claim the reward upon completion. This puts it in line with how Duty Officer assignments work so you can see the rewards you are getting from each project.

We expect all of the above changes to be live before December. A few will be live by tomorrow, with the rest live around Nov 29th.

Thank you for your patience. We realize that players have been asking for many of these changes since Season 7 first started appearing on Tribble. We feel much better about making these changes now that we have a week's worth of data on a full Shard (there were only a hundred or so players on Tribble) and are able to see how a full server load of players are interacting with the new Reputation system. We're confident that the above approach will still achieve our balance goals, while putting more of the fun back in the economy. Our end goal has always been to put more Dilithium into the hands of the average player. The above changes should help get us there and put more Dilithium back into STFs.

Season 7 is just getting started and we hope that you'll enjoy all the updates that will come with this Season. Tomorrow we are releasing the next Duty Officer pack which has been specifically tuned to help with Starbase and Embassy construction. Shortly after the Winter Event will begin around December 6th. Last year's Winter Wonderland has been updated to include new missions, a new track, new rewards, a new ship, and plenty of fun that will run through the new year.

We will also be running a full month of Feature Episode Replay where all the limited time rewards from all four series will be available all month long. So if you've got some new characters that need these special items, December is going to be your chance to catch up.

In January we'll be releasing an Andorian Ship on the Federation side to be quickly followed by the STO 3 Year Anniversary Event. This special celebration will be released with a new one-off Feature Episode. If you were at the Star Trek convention in San Francisco this last weekend, Denise Crosby would have you believe that this episode is going to be all about Tasha Yar and Sela. We'll see... anything can happen.

The anniversary event will also offer a new special free ship for both Fed and Kdf players much like we gave away the Odyssey during last year's event.

Moving into February and March we expect to have some more events to talk about and we will begin to start teasing the next Season.

So there is plenty to look forward to in Season 7 and we thank you for continuing to share your feedback and comments with us. Thank you for the both the kudos and the criticism (although some of you need to learn some manners). We get better with every season and we have you to thank for that. We do listen, and while we don't always immediately react, we do deliberate and make changes based on ideas and feedback you submit. The QA team is still crunching through all of your bug reports and we expect to have major issues ironed out soon.

MMOs are wonderful because everything can change and there is almost always a way to improve things. We will continue to grow and evolve.

Keep an eye on the patch notes for when the above changes will hit Holodeck and thank you for making STO awesome.

See you online and Happy Holidays!

Daniel Stahl
    Executive Producer
    Star Trek Online

Overall some very nice changes. Personally, I think you should have put this post in another S7 Blog on the main site. It shows that you are listening and responding to player feedback (which is a good thing.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Yes, T3 is basically a death knell for small/mid size casual fleets.
    Actually, I think we are tier two heading towards tier three. Either we are hitting some grinding fatigue, or the resource requirements are a little too high. Maybe both.
This discussion has been closed.