test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 7 Update! More Changes Inbound! Posted Nov 20, 2012

Comments

• flazizlle0flazizlle0 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Now you just need to lower the cost for featured projects and everyboy will be happy (except kdf players)
    ~FlaZizLLe
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    flazizlle0 wrote: »
    Now you just need to lower the cost for featured projects and everyboy will be happy (except kdf players)

KDF players will never be happy, so I wouldn't worry about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    *claps* Dan, even though I can't play the game right now (still haven't figured out what's making my game crash after S7 came out) the fact that you guys listened to feedback and made these changes is really awesome. I really haven't been this happy with you guys in a long time. S7 could still be better, but I like where you're going with these modifications.

Now just to figure out how to make my game work, for the love of Tacos.

P.S. The KDF does need some serious love though. Throw 'em a ship or mission chain or something.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    topset wrote: »
    and fed players! We can't forget those!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll also admit, I can't find anything to criticise about this announcement at this point in time.

Keep up the good work, Cryptic! And happy Replicated Turkey Day to Starfleet. :3

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited November 2012

How else are they to maintain their battle rage? Because as we well know, Klingons aren't happy unless they're in a glorious battle!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This certainly looks more promising than the last few updates, although I can't help but notice that the only Dilithium change in tomorrow's patch is another 1440 being taken away (replaced by 50 Fleet Marks). The Rep Marks to Dilithium missions will probably help players like me most of all, as since Season 7 has launched I've found it much easier to acquire Romulan Marks than Dilithium. Now if only we could have more than two reputation missions going at any one time...

Good news on the Foundry as well, and I hope to see the editing and creation side back online soon. I was hit by the inspiration bug the day it went offline! XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • muncheemunchee Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jnohd wrote: »
    Please turn your attention to Fleet Marks next!

The loss of our 50 Marks from Investigate missions has taken a serious toll. Fleet leaders are now paying high ransoms for people to temporarily join their fleets to donate mass amounts.

Marks are, of course, just one of the ways you reward us for our time... but the number of ways you do this efficiently and effectively are severely limited.

Please consider some new paths for us to gain marks. My suggestions include the addition of a Fleet Mark reward box as an option on mission replay, a new mark reward mission similar to the dilithium mining map (but in an EVA suit on the surface of our starbase repairing/building something), and the addition of a choice of Fleet Marks to any grouping mission that currently only offers dilithium (again, choosing marks over dilithium) - particularly Fleet Alerts!

But predominantly, give me the *option* of choosing my reward for my time, give me the option to choose Fleet Marks for doing the things I have fun to do, I like to do, not just the 2-4 same queues!

I was one of those with the Small Fleet that used my Alt's for Fleet Marks the Dilth is mox nix for me .. NEED MORE FLEET MARKS TY
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Okay I found something to criticize, lol.

Where are these changes on the Tribble or maintenance? We're going to lose another dil source this Thursday, we need the Rep system dil changes more than ever now!!

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • dastahldastahl Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    khayuung wrote: »

Where are these changes on the Tribble or maintenance? We're going to lose another dil source this Thursday, we need the Rep system dil changes more than ever now!!

We've been making changes every day and so they are slowly trickling out - some coming tomorrow - but more coming next week.

That is why I was trying to set expectations that all of the changes will not be complete until the end of November.
    edited November 2012
    Oh yes, there is one thing I question. You've been saying that more dilithium than ever is being put in the hands of players... well I keep seeing dilithium sources cut off. There's on in this very post. So, um, care to explain, Dan?
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dastahl wrote: »
    Private Queues are going to remain off for another week so that we can get the cool down timers for the missions to be in synch with the cool down timers in the public queues. Once that is confirmed, we'll turn the private queues back on.

Return of the private queue will make it much easier for my fleet mates and our bro-fleet mates to coordinate across factions.

Omega Conversion Crates can be opened immediately. You will no longer need to achieve T3 in Omega Fleet to open these.

Indifferent. I turned most of my STF loot into dilithium ore when we got an accurate read on what the conversion rates were like.

Reputation XP Project timers are dropping from 40 hours to 20 hours across all Tiers. If you have a project in progress, it will not change, but any new projects after the update will be adjusted. We are also looking into adding the ability to drop a project.

Well, no offense, but I would really rather that you has considered a system that didn't HAVE cooldown timers. For example, early 500 romulan marks and your reputation tier goes up immediately with all the bonuses and rewards contingent. The cooldown timers feel artificial and restrictive. Also the item requirements range from nonsense to tedious. Why does Omega Force need a pocket full of major regenerators? Do they not have any gophers in the office, that they need to have a vice admiral do this? A colony needs shield generators, logical enough, but why am *I* the one doing this. I should give the order and authorize the dispersal of resources, and one of my crew should be manning a replicator and shoving the stuff in crates.)

All XP Reputation Projects (projects that reward progress towards your next Tier) will now grant 240 Dilithium (on average) upon completion. If you complete 4 XP Rep Projects a day, you should earn about 960 Dilithium per day from it. These are in addition to the Marks to Dilithium conversion Projects. Once you've completed a Reputation System, these XP Projects will go away, but the Marks to Dilithium conversion projects will remain.

Intelesting...

Reputation Projects that convert Marks to Dilithium are being moved from unlocking at T5 to being available immediately. This allows you to convert Omega Marks and Romulan Marks to Dilithium similar to how you could trade STF items for Dilithium previously.

This change makes Romulan missions worth playing more frequently than only when you need the marks for projects. I approve.

Loot drops are getting added to STF mobs as well as to bosses.
    End of STF Loot Rolls are returning. There will once again be a chance to earn special rewards at the end of STFs or Romulan Mark events. These special rewards will be Bonus marks, BNPs, or other items needed for Reputation rewards.

STRONGLY APPROVE. Used to be, after an STF mission most people would linger a moment and gloat/whine over their loot. Now, everybody just takes off immediately because there's nothing more to be said or done. It's a small thing but it makes the experience more... artificial.

Reputation Advancement Projects (the ones that unlock each tier) are having their timers reduced from 1 hour to 15 mins. and we are removing Dilithium inputs from these Tier Up projects.

I'm indifferent, at least with what I have seen, because the dil costs were so low and after waiting 80 hours the last hour is a "whatever". Maybe the higher-tier dil costs were more crazy. Now we'll never know.

The amount of commodities needed for Romulan Reputation projects is being reduced due to the lack of drops on New Romulus. We will be adding more drops to New Romulus in the future either through enemy kills or daily missions.

Why not use your glowing plants and resonating rocks and radiation and stuff? Have some rep projects like "Support colonization efforts" that need commodities and marks, while other projects like "Support environment engineering" needs glowing plant samples and "Improve planetary security" needs marks and some kind of kill-counter you get from gunning down hostiles on the surface.

All Reputation Projects are being changed so that you need to claim the reward upon completion. This puts it in line with how Duty Officer assignments work so you can see the rewards you are getting from each project.

This will make it easier to have all your projects kicking off on the same time. However, I would strongly suggest that there be a flyby on login that tells you about these projects completing and have rewards waiting to be claimed.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    khayuung wrote: »

As was posted...

They are rolling this out over the next two updates/patches this week and next...

As well as possibly 'adjusting' beyond that.

Time will tell... Patience is a virtue.

...something, something, something.. padawan.

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    momaw wrote: »
    All Reputation Projects are being changed so that you need to claim the reward upon completion. This puts it in line with how Duty Officer assignments work so you can see the rewards you are getting from each project.

This will make it easier to have all your projects kicking off on the same time. However, I would strongly suggest that there be a flyby on login that tells you about these projects completing and have rewards waiting to be claimed.

100% agree with this post, rather like the doff system. Make the "Character Status" button to the right of the minimap glow green too, which you catch in the corner of your eye and it reminds you to start another project. This would be an amazing implementation and I'm sure it can't be very hard to do!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • gailzogailzo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Je vous remercie pour ses changements je vous ?crit en fran?ais Parque c'est Google qui traduit pour moi ...et franchement sa vas faire du bien de retrouver des Item en fin de SFT celas me manquais :)
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So much needed changes, thank you!
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited November 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    I'm more wiling to give credit to the Cryptic Dev's for these changes...
    (rather than PWE/I)

I highly doubt that things would have gone this way if the Upper Big-Wigs had insisted on what we first got, without Dstahl going to battle for us with whatever Data acquired from the first few days of Season 7..

That's not really fair and not representative of our relationship with PW. Yes we have budgets and goals, but they are not involved in our game design. All the changes in Season 7 were Cryptic's doing and we are more than willing to change based on feedback. PW is really not the big bad guys. Jack on the other hand... :P
    edited November 2012
    100% agree with this post, rather like the doff system. Make the "Character Status" button to the right of the minimap glow green too, which you catch in the corner of your eye and it reminds you to start another project. This would be an amazing implementation and I'm sure it can't be very hard to do!

Great suggestion and something I'll throw over to the UI team.
    edited November 2012
    That's not really fair and not representative of our relationship with PW. Yes we have budgets and goals, but they are not involved in our game design. All the changes in Season 7 were Cryptic's doing and we are more than willing to change based on feedback. PW is really not the big bad guys. Jack on the other hand... :P

LoL ...

Should I go back and 'adjust' my post? :D

;)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • ironphoenix113ironphoenix113 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sounds very good, DStahl! I can't wait to try the new update out once I get home from work! Thank you very much to you and your team for all the hard work you put in this update, Season 7, and to STO in general! :)
    Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
    Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
    Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet
  • eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Two great ways to get more dilithium in the hands of players would be to add dilithium to episode replays and to remove the dilithium requirements for the Embassy experience projects "Generate Diplomatic Contacts" and "Participate in Outreach Programs".
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Great changes. It's nice to see you notice when you're squeezing your players too hard, but at the same time it's disheartening that you tried to squeeze us that hard in the first place. :o
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Anybody wanna bet the Andorian ship will be TAC-centered??

:D
    edited November 2012
    Ok, so if PW isn't the big bad guy, may I call PW shady? I'm staring at a 'free zen' banner, which people have gotten viruses from.

(I couldn't find an emote that really fit this post)
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Any chance that the equipment requisition/store unlock projects in the rep system will be moved from the advancement slots to the upgrade slots? The upgrade slot sits unused almost all the time, while having a equipment requisition (which currently takes 40 hours) that competes with advancing your rep is... frustrating.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nevermind. I am such a dork. I didn't add up the hours right.
    edited November 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Anybody wanna bet the Andorian ship will be TAC-centered??

:D

Wow... I never would have guessed. :rolleyes:

btw, I can't decide which I am more disturbed by, your avatar or your sig. (But nothing beats a VERY spine-chillingly wierd avatar I saw yesterday that is now imprinted in my mind)
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012

He really does like his Fleet Actions, doesn't he? ;-)
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Outstanding stuff, thanks guys
This discussion has been closed.