test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Open letter to Dan Stahl and the rest of the devs

1235»

Comments

• chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Here here! my fleet is small but we were one of the front runner fleets in terms of progression for this damned fleet starbase, that is until season 7 brought us to a grinding halt! Personally I don't see a reason to continue. It's not fun, I'm not getting anything in return for the time i put in. my dil disappears before i can actually think of using it for anything, not that i actually get to earn more then 3k a day due to my time constraints. I cant remember the last time i crafted something or would want to with the hopped up ripoff cost. the lack of actual playable content has bored me to death (and before i get some smartass in here that says New Romulus, I refuse to count a place where what you get depends entirely on what reputation tier you are new content!). I miss the episode series...anyone remember the last one...was it a year or more we were promised those were making a comeback? here we are, same four series...only one of which comes with dailies that help earn ya dil.
    dalolorn wrote: »
    I agree that there is a greater problem. My point is that all the whining is focused on the doffs, which are the most immaterial concern so far due to the various methods of acquisition of purples.

Bull, immaterial...when it comes to fleet progression their one of the damned most important resources there are. 180 doff's of a certain type to do a mission, that is not immaterial. especially when some of the other methods to get them will not work if you want to add them to a fleet project. the price tag is just a slap in the face to the players.

to sum up my little WoT there Im tired of jumping through hoops for cryptic when what we the players get in return is less then nothing. Our fleet more or less died because of season 7 and the changes it brought with it. Cryptic, driving away your playerbase is not the best idea you ever had, but then neither was the dilithium system in the first place. i would have been happy with Honor, Valor, and Emblems.
  • gatsie7gatsie7 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Maquis Alliance Elite Force agrees with this post also, however we will no be stopping our base projects but will not be spending money or recommemding to our members to spend their money.We come do belive that a happy player is more apt to spend money on tthis or any other game , but we are NOT happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • radakiradaki Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi guys

Just read the patch notes for the patch released today.

As far as i can see there is no changes made to the dili-sink in the doff system, which has been one of the main reasons a lot of players in our fleet have been PO'ed.

Yes i read that more dili can be earned, but that is not the point.

Hope the patch proves me wrong and they just didn't bother to post it in the notes.

Long live the Empire
    Radaki
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    I do agree with the letter about the ridiculous exchange officer dil price which is why i haven't even bothered with the personnel officer since Season 7 started. There is no way I'm using 5000 Dil and 5 blue doffs (About 1 mil ECs worth) for a 1 in 20 chance of a purple doff that isn't dead weight.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zeus16nbs wrote: »

Stop the dil taxes! Stop the dil sinkholes! Stop the abuse of your player base!

Zeus

Errrr ... No Taxation Without Representation ? :D
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Here here! my fleet is small but we were one of the front runner fleets in terms of progression for this damned fleet starbase, that is until season 7 brought us to a grinding halt! Personally I don't see a reason to continue. It's not fun, I'm not getting anything in return for the time i put in. my dil disappears before i can actually think of using it for anything, not that i actually get to earn more then 3k a day due to my time constraints. I cant remember the last time i crafted something or would want to with the hopped up ripoff cost. the lack of actual playable content has bored me to death (and before i get some smartass in here that says New Romulus, I refuse to count a place where what you get depends entirely on what reputation tier you are new content!). I miss the episode series...anyone remember the last one...was it a year or more we were promised those were making a comeback? here we are, same four series...only one of which comes with dailies that help earn ya dil.

Bull, immaterial...when it comes to fleet progression their one of the damned most important resources there are. 180 doff's of a certain type to do a mission, that is not immaterial. especially when some of the other methods to get them will not work if you want to add them to a fleet project. the price tag is just a slap in the face to the players.

to sum up my little WoT there Im tired of jumping through hoops for cryptic when what we the players get in return is less then nothing. Our fleet more or less died because of season 7 and the changes it brought with it. Cryptic, driving away your playerbase is not the best idea you ever had, but then neither was the dilithium system in the first place. i would have been happy with Honor, Valor, and Emblems.

Get a purple, downgrade it all the way down to white. Thanks to colonization supports, that's actually pretty easy.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • radakiradaki Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I do agree with the letter about the ridiculous exchange officer dil price which is why i haven't even bothered with the personnel officer since Season 7 started. There is no way I'm using 5000 Dil and 5 blue doffs (About 1 mil ECs worth) for a 1 in 20 chance of a purple doff that isn't dead weight.

I just checked, the prices are still:

Personnel officer:
    Green = 5x white doff + 500 dil
    Blue = 5x green doff + 2500 dil
    Purple= 5x blue doff + 5000 dil

Andorian,Tellarite or Vulcan:
    Green = 5x white doff + 600 dil
    Blue = 5x green doff + 3000 dil
    Purple= 5x blue doff + 6000 dil

The Dev's totally overheard all criticism on this and i'm not gonna pay this fee.

Sad to say it but this is still an issue from most of the players i know and this part of the game which i actually liked is still dead to me.

Long live the Empire
    Radaki
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Agree with everything said in here in OP but don't think they will listen at all...For instance for those whinners who complaint about STF drops being to hard to get now they have what they deserve...grinding to an extreme level...30days24hrs13secs... they just traded one pain for another...the whole Season 7 is another farmville festival of grinding

Make players grind until their eyes bleed or make them pay through the urethra. We don't care how you milk them dry, just make sure that milking them dry until their nipples petrify and fall off is your only goal. Don't deviate from this goal unless you'd rather be on the bread line." - Prime Directive from PWE

:D
    DUwNP.gif

• captainbradycaptainbrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Agree with everything said in here in OP but don't think they will listen at all...For instance for those whinners who complaint about STF drops being to hard to get now they have what they deserve...grinding to an extreme level...30days24hrs13secs... they just traded one pain for another...the whole Season 7 is another farmville festival of grinding

Make players grind until their eyes bleed or make them pay through the urethra. We don't care how you milk them dry, just make sure that milking them dry until their nipples petrify and fall off is your only goal. Don't deviate from this goal unless you'd rather be on the bread line." - Prime Directive from PWE

:D

Thanks for the support! I actually think you're right about the STFs. They weren't really that hard, and joining publicSTFelite showed how a little planning made STF just a cakewalk. This changes also taught me a lesson to appreciate what I have. I used to cuss if my team got crappy drops, but the excitement of anticipating what we can get was a lot of fun. I loved collecting slavage. I used to keep salvage in my bank like trophies, and when I needed some spending money :-). Now i have to contribute hyposprays for reputation. It's about as much fun as paying for your own birthday present.

You're right, they won't listen because they don't care what we think. Their patch only restored about half of what they took, so in the end, they had a net gain. Already the dittohead lemmings are cheering the partial restoration of what was taken from them like a bunch fo seals at sea world during feeing time. Ohh look how they listened to us!! No won't be fooled. I canceled my gold membership, I got my lifer membership refunded. I'll just wind down...find something better.

Btw, I like the porthos picture. Enterprise was my favorite series.
  • captainbradycaptainbrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »
    I agree that there is a greater problem. My point is that all the whining is focused on the doffs, which are the most immaterial concern so far due to the various methods of acquisition of purples.

I know...I think what I meant to say is..the Doff price increase is just another example of dilithium price manipulation that makes most of us (especially lifers) feel cheated.
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have only readen OP, first page and last one, so I'm not going to support or negate anything,
    it would take too long to read all the necessary, surely interesting, opinions, to reply,
    and this game takes *enough* time without need to spend too much of it in forums too.

So I only say what I want simple: Bring doff system back.

It was a major part of the fun of this game when you have few time to play. Now it's a dead feature like crafting.
    You cannot seriously proceed by killing previous *fun* to replace with more *grind* too long.
    You should build on what you have done well, improve it, and add new ones without ruining what worked.

It is a great game, with lots of new fun content constantly added. But you REALLY need to care about economy.
    Or this will became unsustainable and people will leave in mass. Soon there no longer will be those who ask for your stuff, they'll have gone too.
    I constructively suggest to make a U-turn before the milking factory explodes. (Fun to imagine, not to live)
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told