Install Arc

Season 7. Good or Bad

13»

Comments

• l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Here is a post I made in another thread:
    l0cutus359 wrote:
    Yes, I know. I luv STO, but I am not crazy about Season 7 at all. All the system apologists probably have IP addresses coming from China and/or California.

More content, less PWE grind please.

Thx
    Locutus
    l0cutus359 wrote: »
    Hmmm, I just saw the costs for the Mk XII gear, .... thankfully my toons have most of what they need before Season 7 released.

I think it is time to cancel my Gold membership, I can't support this PWE Asian Grind model.

My money is going to sideline and will stay there until Stahl and Cryptic can get a handle on this. I will still play STO, but my money will not participate. I cannot reward this MMO model.

Thx
    Locutus
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
  • chuckingramchuckingram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Quoting yourself? Wow...
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, there are good and bad features in season 7. I like the new UI and the switch char option. New STF with higher difficulty is a great idea.

I don't like the tons of bugs that come with season 7, torps that oneshot my sturdiest cruiser and the new bloody reputation grind. New Romulus is fail. Stupid farmville. Changes to STF's are TRIBBLE.

Atm I have more fun reading all the negative feedback than playing the frickin game. In fact, I can't find the motivation to log in at all. :(
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • ringo30ringo30 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    well ive just seen the next tier of reputation projects and im disgusted, firstly they are now asking for 30 duty officers, thats more than the fleet projects that are devided between the whole fleet except now they want them of each individual player,,,,PURE GREED!!
    secondly they claim to have rewards for completing these projects,,i have not seen a single reward, these are not rewards, basically what they have done is take something away that i already had to start with and are now charging me to get them back and are claiming that is my reward?.......i already have borg mk xii weapons and now they come along seasons later and take them away and try to charge me for getting them back.. i have trouble understanding how you can consider this a reward,,, ive spent hundreds of pounds on this game and im the leader of a fleet of over 400 and i really dont want to play this game anymore, mainly because i dont want to get to deep into it not knowing what stupid ideas they will hit me with next, if this is what they are charging for the tier 1 projects i dont even want to see what they'll want for the next tier!! this season as totally put me off playing and i feel that no matter how many people complain , PW/cryptic will just totally ignore what the players want because they are focused by pure greed,, they are too greedy to listen to the people who are actually paying them?!!! GREEDY, MONEY GRABBING, TIGHT, SCHEMING, RIPPING OFF , CHEEKY, LYING, THEIVING , did i miss anything?
  • l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Quoting yourself? Wow...

just trying to make it easier to read.... since i had a couple of posts from another thread that are relevant

thx
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Since they have restored STF Dili somewhat, I'd say mediocre.

Why mediocre, because they have still taken away the motivation to play all day for someone like me.

I log on, start my repu projects and check the Starbase/Embassy, when in need of Omega or Romulan marks I play 1 STF and 1 or 2 Romulan mark events, then I go back to Tera.

Kinda like how I treat browser games, all in all I went from spending entire days on STO to maybe, if I need both Omega and Romulan marks, spending 2 hours on STO on a single day.

Edit: Thus I conclude, they succeeded in their goal, make the game more appealing to the casual player and much less so to a no lifer like me, though I will admit, most of the things the Trekkies constantly ask for are things that bore me, New Romulus to me is for the most part, boring, it's why I never actively did Nukara or the Deferi Invasion either, because it bores me, I suppose it's mostly the outstretched land maps that don't really allow you to cover ground quickly.

Into the Hive/Hive Onslaught on the other hand, I find fun.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • neohunter200neohunter200 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Into the Hive/Hive Onslaught on the other hand, I find fun.
    Really?! I tried that one time and the entire team kept getting destroyed. Its those Regenerative Spheres that keep healing the gigantic Borg ships...and those giant green energy balls that disintegrate your ship in one hit when you least expect it.

Seriously man. You need to share your secret or tactic of winning this one.
  • unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    l0cutus359 wrote: »
    just trying to make it easier to read.... since i had a couple of posts from another thread that are relevant

thx

Since when was reminding people that you're a bigot something to be proud of?
  • yakumosmithyakumosmith Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Going to vote Bad.

My carrot in the game was building my solo starbase. It was slow going and was eating a large number of DoFF's and EC. However, I liked seeing it grow and the progress towards my goal encouraged me to log in daily.

Yesterday was my first real time playing again after 4 days of simply not logging in. I went from 6 hours a day to zero. I went from 5 characters maxing dilithium to 0. Now that FM's are my bottleneck, the likelihood of my Tier3 shipyard seems a near impossible goal, so my motivation to play is near zero.

I had the majority of space gear from STF's on my characters, with 1 of 4 just missing a single MKXII item and another character now completely content in the Borg set. So i'm not exactly under pressure to grind the rep system.

If they want dilithium flowing again, solution is to revert the fleet action dilithium rewards.

If they want starbases moving again, give either better FM rewards or add dilithium to events that award FM's.

I, for my sins, recently purchased a LTS so i'll be ensuring I get my british pounds worth (since you can't show the proper symbol forums) though cryptic and PWE should be under no illusions that i'm nothing short of a hostile consumer.
  • robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Going to vote Bad.

My carrot in the game was building my solo starbase. It was slow going and was eating a large number of DoFF's and EC. However, I liked seeing it grow and the progress towards my goal encouraged me to log in daily.

Yesterday was my first real time playing again after 4 days of simply not logging in. I went from 6 hours a day to zero. I went from 5 characters maxing dilithium to 0. Now that FM's are my bottleneck, the likelihood of my Tier3 shipyard seems a near impossible goal, so my motivation to play is near zero.

I had the majority of space gear from STF's on my characters, with 1 of 4 just missing a single MKXII item and another character now completely content in the Borg set. So i'm not exactly under pressure to grind the rep system.

If they want dilithium flowing again, solution is to revert the fleet action dilithium rewards.

If they want starbases moving again, give either better FM rewards or add dilithium to events that award FM's.

I, for my sins, recently purchased a LTS so i'll be ensuring I get my british pounds worth (since you can't show the proper symbol forums) though cryptic and PWE should be under no illusions that i'm nothing short of a hostile consumer.

I'm like you. I have been playing this game since before launch, religiously. They have managed to so thoroughly remove any aspect of enjoyability that may still have remained at the end of season 6 that I went from playing all the time to not logging at all except maybe once a week.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Really?! I tried that one time and the entire team kept getting destroyed. Its those Regenerative Spheres that keep healing the gigantic Borg ships...and those giant green energy balls that disintegrate your ship in one hit when you least expect it.

Seriously man. You need to share your secret or tactic of winning this one.

It's a weird one, I've yet to finish Into the Hive but Hive Onslaught is one of my favourite time wasters when I'm waiting for Infected to come off cooldown.

I've seen several people who supposedly knew what they were doing TRIBBLE up the second stage so many times (and so many who jumped ship the moment the 15 min limit was up and the middle optional failed), so much that it can take the entire cooldown for Infected to finish Hive Onslaught.

Yesterday however, I took a friend of mine who's never done it before into it and we finished it in less than 15 minutes, a fact I attribute to a team of people who knew what they were doing and someone who actually paid attention to what people said and knew how to fly her ship.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    KDF player here.

- i do like the reputation system. It is finally a system, not random chance. The amounts of marks and EC should be adjusted.

- i like the New Romulus, it WAS a good idea.. the ground grind is terribad, the space stuff is hit and miss but i like it. The visuals are too funky/chidish for my taste.

- i'm happy to see fleet actions brought back to life

- i have abandoned my small starbase, cause im not going to be grinding for the "prior free" 300 FM's like 5 hours now, which is BAD, and cryptic's loss.

- i am a huge trekkie, so i'm ok with just playing foundry once in a while, and i really do enjoy the space PVP here. (Thank you cryptic for adding new toys to FED side, not that i am going to play as FED; but i'll be happy to show them how BAD they are, even with their P2W stuff)

- I'm a little pissed because the KDF Honor Guard stats have been transferred do FED's set, but i do have my original Honor Guard Sets MK XI, so i suppose i am done with the Omega Reputation (there is no story either... )

- next issue are DOFF's, well known problem - the pricing is for converting DOFF'S is .... STRANGE

Overall, this game IS becoming a second job, if YOU allow it. There is too much grind and not enough official content. The inofficial content should be better organised.