test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 7. Good or Bad

craigthemastercraigthemaster Member Posts: 74 Arc User
I started playing season 7 content. I must admit some of it is good, Some of it is shockingly bad. The good stuff mainly new rom is good content. Running around chasing bunnies with andorian tenticals on them..... :eek: Still not sure what the giant pink thing is about. Just totally totally werid PW. WTF lol.... :eek Tholians in mech suits. Looks cool. Die well. Works well.

I just got to thinking whats the best way to grind out yet another curancy on Sto the romulan marks. I just had a fit of rage at the pointless missin on teir 1 into the warehouse. WTF. 10 Rom marks and it took me to my 40th birthday to finish. Im only 29 lol.
Compleatly pointless if you ask me. Don't do it. The best way to get the marks is to do the space mission where you need to visit five systems kill some stuff for 60 marks and scanning radiation. Get 300 to turn in for 30 Rom marks. Easy. Doing everything else at least once is worth it but after that no point as its too musch work for little reward.

The STF's are at the minute broken as they have been buffed to almost God like status. Doable they are but getting optional is no option. Which leads me to think, Whats the point in the optional now, You get your Marks and your loot. And your now returned Dil. But whats optional give you, (ANYONE HELP FILL IN THAT SECTION IS WELCOME)

The private cues are down so we can't go in with fllet and friends and have been forced to PUG it to death. Please people. Listen to your MASTER when it comes to doing stf's a few people still think its good to shoot the gate while the transformers are still alive. :mad:......Bangs head repeatablly with a nailed board)....:mad: Its hard I know to listen, But it has no shame.

For now we will have to make do. The fleet actions with SB 24 and Klink scout force have been injected with new life. More like forced life back into. People it would seem go where the pink is lol, ;) However I have done a few myself gotten some great loot too doing it. But still no Mk12 gear drops. WHY. All mk11 purple. Whats the deal PW. They said getting MK12 gear would be easyer but where is it.

So here is my opinon so far. Not to bad over all, Need to work out the niches and straighten a few things out. May turn out great. Love Romulan home world. Hate the reputation system. Seems like a punishment with added currencies and yet more grinding.
Don't see the point in the embassy and won't go into that much for now.

But one thing is sure, That life time I was thinking about has gone out the window. To many currencies for me. Not enjoying the constant grinding when I'v been max level since season 1.
Post edited by craigthemaster on

Comments

• rayduhzrayduhz Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I enjoy any season/patch/update that adds this much content AND major bug free. Lets put this in perspective, it's a MMO. Changes come and growth is a constant. Without these two aspects, you have a normal single player game.

I am never very vocal but I like the direct this MMO is going and I look forward to the future.
  • therealsivartherealsivar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Words don't really describe how bad this has gotten......so I'll make a new one:

Terrihorribadfail.....

Spiked demand for dilithium with no change in how much refined dilithium you can get short of paying for it.

Add it the addition of more grinding and PvE stuff, and that makes it over 2 years (almost 3) without a single addition to the game's PvP content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can sum up Season 7 pretty much like this - http://i.imgur.com/V2X4e.gif
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • lethal61lethal61 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like it there is alot of new things to do and its not a stf grind just for higher tier gear there is more you can do to get it and i like that change.
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    S7 - Mixed feelings, parts I like, parts I don't like. I think the reputation system had good intentions, but its implementation has failed, many things wrong with it that discourage spending more time int he game, and playing STFs.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    suaveks wrote: »
    I can sum up Season 7 pretty much like this - http://i.imgur.com/V2X4e.gif

lmfao rofl nice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • foxfire2000foxfire2000 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Fired it up, played for a day or two, then grind fatigue hit again.......went elsewhere for gaming fun.

You want my cash Cryptic/PW your going to actually have to produce something other than constant grind.

Your move.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For me, it killed the game. Things were marginal before the patch, and now I just can't be bothered anymore.

I'm out, bye!
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Im viewing Season 7 to be more bad than good.

Good: I like the reputation system and New Romulus

BAD: The very excessive grinding (Dilithium grinding, Fleet Grinding, STF Grinding, Romulan Mark Grinding)........ its just way too much! Even after a few days, I'm already mega burnt out. So much I actually went back to TOR to get immersed in the storylines just to actually enjoy a game for once.

STO's turned too much into a job and just not fun playing anymore.
  • therealsivartherealsivar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For me, it killed the game. Things were marginal before the patch, and now I just can't be bothered anymore.

I'm out, bye!

I hear you, the only reason that I'm still here is because in some bastardized form this is still Star Trek; but with that said I'm finding it incredibly difficult to log in at all right now, and I swore a while ago that I wouldn't give Cryptic another dime because of what's happened with this game.

This game has had so many opportunities to improve and instead of listening to the fans they just keep going in their own direction. They need to drop their attitude and start paying attention about how to improve the game, it is not enough to just add content, the content needs to add meaningful and enjoyable functions to the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
  • zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lost all my EDCs. Very incosiderate not to send me a PM that I was going to loose the chance to get two purple officers.

No gear drops in STFs makes it to hard to get EC

Too much grinding now.

I used to get new ships and buy keys with real cash. That's gone until this is fixed. I suggest everyone refer to season seven as being broken until they return at least half the rewards for the STFs and all my EDC for exchanging for Borg gear. This really sucks I was given no warning this was coming. A personal email and or STO mail would have been sufficient.

Botom line you get no more $$$$$$ from me until you fix season 7!!!!!!!!

Parts of Season seven is a major blunder!!!

Yo also made it impossible for my friends to come a play and get anything decent being a new player. Nothing good for anyone new. And without good gear STFs are just to hard!!
  • bearodice1bearodice1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I hear you, the only reason that I'm still here is because in some bastardized form this is still Star Trek; but with that said I'm finding it incredibly difficult to log in at all right now, and I swore a while ago that I wouldn't give Cryptic another dime because of what's happened with this game.

I'll second this sentiment wholeheartedly. Season 6 and the introduction of Starbases started us along the path of turning the game into a grindfest. It was appalling to find myself in actual competition with other fleet members for fleet credits. It became a race to see who could contribute first when the project timer expired and the next one became active. There was no daily cap to make it fair within an entire fleet.

Now in Season 7, you get your own personal grind for reputation with the Omega and Romulan Factions. The galling thing is that all the rewards you had already earned prior to Season 7 have been taken away from you until you reach Tier 3, forcing you to grind away to get back all that you had already earned. That wasn't how it was done with the currency conversion for Season 5.

Looking back at Season 5, one of the reason for the currency conversions was that there were too many confusing currencies out there already. As we have moved into Seasons 6 and 7, the goals of Season 5 have been forgotten and we see ourselves back at a multitude of currencies.

I became a lifetime subscriber back in Season 4, and I'm glad I spent my money then before PWE entered the picture. I can't in good conscience throw another penny at this game with the way it has turned from something that was a good, relaxing casual game into a demotivating, professional grindfest. I can't imagine how much of a disincentive the current end game is to potential new players, knowing that even once they hit level 50, there is still a huge repetitive grind ahead of them.
  • zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bearodice1 wrote: »
    I'll second this sentiment wholeheartedly. Season 6 and the introduction of Starbases started us along the path of turning the game into a grindfest. It was appalling to find myself in actual competition with other fleet members for fleet credits. It became a race to see who could contribute first when the project timer expired and the next one became active. There was no daily cap to make it fair within an entire fleet.

Now in Season 7, you get your own personal grind for reputation with the Omega and Romulan Factions. The galling thing is that all the rewards you had already earned prior to Season 7 have been taken away from you until you reach Tier 3, forcing you to grind away to get back all that you had already earned. That wasn't how it was done with the currency conversion for Season 5.

Looking back at Season 5, one of the reason for the currency conversions was that there were too many confusing currencies out there already. As we have moved into Seasons 6 and 7, the goals of Season 5 have been forgotten and we see ourselves back at a multitude of currencies.

I became a lifetime subscriber back in Season 4, and I'm glad I spent my money then before PWE entered the picture. I can't in good conscience throw another penny at this game with the way it has turned from something that was a good, relaxing casual game into a demotivating, professional grindfest. I can't imagine how much of a disincentive the current end game is to potential new players, knowing that even once they hit level 50, there is still a huge repetitive grind ahead of them.

Verbatum x3 Season 7 is broken. Fix it now! The grind to get this stuff has to be cut by at least 2/3 or its still broken!!

I will vote with my $$$$$$ and login in. You wont see very much of me and my money. Good way to kill a great game. You have calculate and measured us wrong. We are not play this stupid grinding game anymore. Get in touch with you players and you willbe in touch with your $$$$$$ If you try for to many of this $$$$$$ You will get a lot less of $$$$$$$$. There are dozens of other games that want my $$$$$$$$ And they will get my $$$$$$$$$$!!
  • frakrfrakr Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Simply put: thus far, S7 is a load of TRIBBLE in my eyes.

First, everything I grinded STF's for before has been put in some lockbox that I have to grind for again just to open it - and i have to grind up to Tier 5 reputation. WTF?

Cryptic did you even think about that cooldown times on rep. projects alone will take up to 100 (!) f***ing days before you can access your locked box? To describe this as ridiculous doesn't even begin to cut it.

Oh, and if I want the gear I will have to take a cooldown again before the stuff gets handed to me? Seriously ... I just hate it when game designers waste my precious spare time on purpose.

And multiplying dilithium demand by 50 (!) for common duty officer transfer is just awesome - that way, it takes even longer to get enough recruitment XP for Level 4. And starbase projects that eat up dilithium for breakfast will come to a complete stop.

Into The Hive is bugged as hell and no one seems to have thought about working on existing bugs like the terribly broken exchange search function for the "All" category. And don't get me started on the fact that we still can't delete multiple mails or simply forward an ingame mail.

Epic Fail!

It really would not surprise me if S7 turns out to be the end of STO. But then again, Elder Scrolls Online is showing itself on the horizon and with Bethesda on the helm, ESO cannot fail.
  • dublinraiderdublinraider Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm a casual player here since the start.
    Season 7 has increased the Grind and Dilithium mechanic.
    I just haven't got the time to grind and i will not spend more money supporting the suffocating Dilithium mechanic.
    I've only signed in since season 7 to do my Duty Officer missions.
    I could give u lots of indepth reasons but suffice to say the game isn't fun anymore for me and feels like pure money grab.
    I'm considering unsubbing this month.
  • mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    On the downside, the new dilithium costs for DOffs are annoying, and I won't be doing those particular assignments any more. That will cut into my DOff production, and consequently my starbase contributions.

On the upside, the new Romulan content is interesting. I'm not fond of the outdoor adventures format, though, I'm more a fan of the episodes. Still, I'll take my time and explore the new sector and New Romulus.

Since I don't care for repetitive grinds, I doubt I'll get very far with the Reputation system. I don't do STFs or fleet actions, so the dilithium changes there don't concern me. I also didn't do the quickie Foundry missions or B'Tran for fast dilithium, so I won't miss those. I'm not a dilithium grinder, and my sources of dilithium still produce the same amount as before. I'm not interested in the fleet embassy, since it requires a lot of dilithium, and I already have more than enough stuff to spend my dilithium on, and like I said, I'm not a dilithium grinder. (Other fleet members might work on it though. That's up to them.)

It may be a while yet before I decide whether the new Romulan content is worth the loss of General Recruitment and the DOff upgrinder. I still have a lot to look at.
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My vote is bad. I used to do a lot of ESTF but now why bother. Instead of making a simple system where a boss drops a token for a piece of gear for everyone and 5 tokens buys a piece of mk12 gear they made an over engineered POS rep system.

I spend time to get marks, + cost of items, + more time waiting on projects. What do i get? Another project that unlocks something, then that project to buy something costs me even more? How is this a reward/award system? Its just a resource dump. One which I cant afford to maintain on my toons for long.

FA finally had a purpose again and people were doing them, then yank away the good dil now junk again. STF lose the random drops, exchange dries up fast. Dil dries up dil exc/cstore sales drop off.

The only good thing i truely like about S7 is the Romulan sector. Doffs costing a bunch of dil, Fleet embassy is just another resource dump/grind. So now we have Fleet SB, Emb, and Rep system sucking our resources like a blood crazed vampire, without even the benifit of making us immortal. /fail

We had all our previous STF work reduced to nothing, I slogged through the original buggy POS STFs, Trodded through the new STF with people who didnt want to learn the STF they were in, then im supposed to what crawl through more STFs on my belly like a bird? Pass.

Im not dumping this much more time into STFs then adding all those resources ontop of it for gear. Its a sh*t system. WoW rep system was a lot better cause they kept it simple. This isnt rocket science but its over engineered for just getting gear. Just attach the gear to the accolade for how many runs we do, 25 of each for MK X, 50 each for XI, 75 each MKXII. Or give boss tokens and 5 runs gets you a piece. This is just why.... why?

This season killed Doffing for me, STFs for me and PVP died long ago dispite how good it could have been with some work. I will say i like the new romulan content but that alone just isnt enough. KDF and PVP just keep getting ignored and that is a actual draw for a lot of players if done right.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mostly bad, because I was expecting something else ... after all this "S7 will be all about new ways to advance Story Content ..." ... the only "Story" is was able to find though, are 2 Romulan guys telling me to collect stuff, which already was the main aspect of Season 6 ... so more like Season 6.5 ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    From the epic fail bugs to the epic fail New Game Experience, Season 7 is horrifyingly bad in my eyes. It immediately turned me from a longtime STO addict to playing a certain EA game again I'd abandoned out of boredom ages ago.
  • rush003rush003 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been enjoying Season 7 a lot! Bugs aside, there is a lot to do, I thought I'd be doing New Romulus missions but curbed that for STFs. Was a bit shocked with the store at Tier 1 as not expecting the amount of marks to get ship items but it makes sense since you get a fair amount. I actually like having a goal I can see, makes the grind worth the time for me.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    On the plus side, Dilithium is easier to (consistently) earn for Feds willing to run the three Fleet Action dailies (takes about an hour).

On the down side it's tougher to justify compressing DOFFs up a grade now.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My Vote goes for bad.

Stf's have been killed by the loss of drops, reduction in dil and the reputation system. I've been logging in and struggling to do anything productive other than change characters and keep up with doffs. Occasionally run the odd stf and then feel like i haven't achieved anything during that run as i see no physical reward i.e loot drops only a time gate that prevents me from advancing for 40 hrs.

There is too much grind and it is going to cause player fatigue.

Star bases, Embassies and reputation system. Its too much. The FUN has been taken out of the game. Yes the mechanics of a stf are the same but the pleasure of getting a proto-tech drop or proto-salvage has gone and now, its a through the motions feeling as there's no buzz to look forward to at the end of the match. Whether it was a good drop or a bad drop.

The reptuation system is a joke i level up to the tier then have to complete another project to open the store then for each item i want i have to run a 40 hr time gated project which requires resources.
    So rather than skill, co-ordination, team work and i little luck with the drops in S6 i now have to pay to. pay to. pay to. to pay get an item. Thats my time, project 1 project 2 project 3 and the resources required to fill these projects.

Doff's i would contribute all my whites to fleet projects but i'm hesitate to allow any doffs to go now due to the price increase for them.

PWE you're selling you're model to the wrong market. In the Western World we play our games as a way to relax, de-stress and escape for a moment for the real world. Not logon to work.
  • admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All they need to do is increase the about of DIL we can refine to 15000 per day and all the gripes will go away. Sure they increased the DIL cost for DOFF upgrades, yes they Increased the cost for starbase upgrades. They made the game more expensive and all you have to do is look at the DIL exchange and see the falling ZEN/DIL prices. I use to play 3 or 4 hours a day VS watching TV at night but now once I start a Omega or Roumlin mission the 1 day 15 hour cool down gives me nothing to do but wait. I find myself only playing 1 hour a day just to get my 8000k DIL then I log off. So decrease the cooldows and increase the abount of DIL we can refine and I can see playing more. Season 7 really, Really hurt this game and soon they will see thier player base and income dropping. Perhaps that will make them open thier eyes and do something.
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

The STF's are at the minute broken as they have been buffed to almost God like status. Doable they are but getting optional is no option. Which leads me to think, Whats the point in the optional now, You get your Marks and your loot. And your now returned Dil. But whats optional give you, (ANYONE HELP FILL IN THAT SECTION IS WELCOME)

I still get my optionals in pugs 90% of the time. Clean up your game, they are hardly impossible.
  • tanith1989tanith1989 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i am falling less in love with STO now and i have even gone to other games a big step for me since i have only really played this and the first guild wars. First off i hate the STFs how they have been chopped up into little stories there was something nice about doing that massive long quest.
    I hate how they seem to move from project to project never looking back and thinking that could do with an improvement, but no its continue forwards even with all the problems we are leaving behind.
    I am now diving into the world of SWTOR and i have to say i love it. i like the story line i like the characters they seem real and its a nice fun game
    So no as an old time player of this game playing since it came out i dont like where it has gone
    Ketan Merious
    Captain, U.S.S Transcendent
    Explorers Fleet, Senior Member
    We want an Odyssey variant give us it
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Season 7 is horrible.

The runs I did a mere 2 weeks ago will get me NOWHERE this week.
    I can't believe they would make so many changes yet leave that 8,000 dilithium refine/day cap.
    Not that it makes a difference because to exceed that amount you would need to devote some MAJOR time to grinding.
    Throw in Starbase AND Embassy advancement...

SEASON 7 BROKE STAR TREK ONLINE GAMEPLAY

Fix it or I will never spend my REAL cash on this game again.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rezking wrote: »
    Season 7 is horrible.

The runs I did a mere 2 weeks ago will get me NOWHERE this week.
    I can't believe they would make so many changes yet leave that 8,000 dilithium refine/day cap.
    Not that it makes a difference because to exceed that amount you would need to devote some MAJOR time to grinding.
    Throw in Starbase AND Embassy advancement...

SEASON 7 BROKE STAR TREK ONLINE GAMEPLAY

Fix it or I will never spend my REAL cash on this game again.

Sigh... You can get you 8k limit *faster* now if you run Fleet Actions alongside their daily 1440 dil wrapper mission. Three wrapper missions, three Fleet Actions, one hour.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    Season 7 is....

shameful, nasty, terrible, repulsive, disagreeable, scary, appalling, awful, cruel, disgusting, dreadful, execrable, loathsome, fearful, frightful, grim, hideous, mean, obnoxious, offensive, repellent, scandalous, abominable, shocking, terrifying, unkind....

You can not take resource away from people and then rise the prices of everything and expect everyone to be OK with it. Saw the MACO XII prices and it makes me sick.:mad::mad::mad:
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Someone above mentioned player fatigue, this is exactly how I feel post-S7, I feel like I'm doing work, like going to a job, instead of having fun in a game like I use to. S7 has lessened the enjoyment and need to play STFs, especially the harder ones, there isn't any benefit or reason to anymore. They've removed gameplay for me by doing this, since all I use to do was play all the STFs cause there isn't anything else to do at endgame. Now, there still isn't. All I have to do is setup projects in the rep system and log off for 2 days while they do their magic, I don't even need to log into the game but 3 times a week now to get projects going.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All I have to do is setup projects in the rep system and log off for 2 days while they do their magic, I don't even need to log into the game but 3 times a week now to get projects going.

I feel the same way about the rep system. I just fail to see the point in it. Did one STF, one round of Romulan patrols / RA, and I pretty much don't need to do them again for a week to get my rep going.