• notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    overall I have a good feeling.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Someone above mentioned player fatigue, this is exactly how I feel post-S7, I feel like I'm doing work, like going to a job, instead of having fun in a game like I use to. S7 has lessened the enjoyment and need to play STFs, especially the harder ones, there isn't any benefit or reason to anymore. They've removed gameplay for me by doing this, since all I use to do was play all the STFs cause there isn't anything else to do at endgame. Now, there still isn't. All I have to do is setup projects in the rep system and log off for 2 days while they do their magic, I don't even need to log into the game but 3 times a week now to get projects going.

But they didn't change the STFs themselves and they added two new STFs. They added a bunch of new content to actually play. No gameplay has been removed - the rewards have been altered.

It just seems like you're focusing on the meta-game aspect like Fleet Holdings and Reputations ahead of the actual game itself. And if you don't like the game for the game, why are you playing?
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • daxiii23daxiii23 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    - increasing the DOFF reassign/exchange costs so one purple costs 125 whites and 55k dil
    - disabling private queues for PvE so we have to PUG it
    - adding just another projects based reward system that takes months (provided you are constantly on it) to get MK12 borg things (let alone the time and ressources you now need to put into it)
    - removing the possibility to get normal purple mk12 drops in STFs alltogether
    - adding a new STF full of obvious bugs (push the Queen into the abyss and you cannot finish it although u killed her)
    - reducing the amount of dilithium u can make in a certain time drastically and at the same time either increase existing prices or add more and more dilithium sinks

I have a job and I play(ed) this game to relax and have fun ... not continue working

so its fair to say I am majorly pissed about season 7 and the little extra content does not make up for it at all

I consider myself a trekkie so leaving this game is not the easiest thing to do, but if I am getting screwed big time like this, it is the only option I see, so I started to look into other games to spend my time (and possibly money) with

and just to make a bit more difficult for you Cryptic guys, I am telling all my friends and fleetmates to stop paying ... and if they can leave this game alltogether, until you guys have come to your senses and listen to the player base

we pay your salaries ... just saying
    (or maybe not too long anymore, cos frankly turning somethin fun into work will maybe kill this game)
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    walshicus wrote: »
    And if you don't like the game for the game, why are you playing?

As I mentioned I'm not, since S7 has come out I just run an STF and a Romulan Patrol, and setup my rep projects, and log off for 2 days while they do their thing. So yes, I've been on a lot less since S7.

If there was something for me to do, to enjoy, I'd be on more. I've done all the stuff on new romulus, the newness has worn off, i'm not into a lot of repetitive grindy things, I just do what's necessary for the rep system cause eventually i'd like to be at Tier 5.

One other thing I do enjoy, is continuing my let's play series on youtube, for others to enjoy STO, so I will continue to log on to do that. But for me personally, as I mentioned, I've been on a lot less since S7 because there is less for me to do, as strange as it sounds with 2 new STFs, and New Romulus, and Tau Dewa, there is actually less for me to do after you do it all, there are no incentives for doing the two new STFs for example, the rewards that were there before, aren't now, and now with the rep system you can just grind the easy STFs, so there is no reason to play the harder STFs.

Here's hoping new FE's and Season 8 fill the content gap.
    edited November 2012
    and i am rather watching your lets plays now than playing myself and get frustrated ... sounds paradox? welcome to your world cryptic
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think my participation in PvE encounters (except for the occasional SB24/Mirror with alts) is going to drop to Zero.

My main characters already have their Mk.XI Maco/Omega/HG/Borg sets, and for whatever alts that are going to hit 50 in the future, the rep-system is simply not worth the hassle for me.

Fleet Gear or unbound Mk.XI will suffice. No need for me to go through all that trouble.
  • marielangmarielang Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    But they didn't change the STFs themselves and they added two new STFs. They added a bunch of new content to actually play. No gameplay has been removed - the rewards have been altered.

It just seems like you're focusing on the meta-game aspect like Fleet Holdings and Reputations ahead of the actual game itself. And if you don't like the game for the game, why are you playing?

onece you unlock a tier you then get to do a 40hr project to get the privilage of spending dilith on one just one item if you want anything else is another 40hr project. I sold a ring that i dont wear but still had great sentimental value to me for lifetime membership. I feel so riped off cheated. This season jsut keeps getting worse not better. ive been known to play 15 or 20 hours a day on weekend but now after a couple hrs im so bored and depressed i leave and dont comeback till the next day. how could any sane person call this TRIBBLE an impovement????
    I will never ever spend another dime of real world money on this game ever ever ever ever.

so give up the cheerleading it wont be enough this time season 7 is horraible an no amount of marketing spin can change the fact people are leaving in droves. the more you play the worse it gets. grind grind grind grind then grind more. give it a rest already not fooled not inspired just depressed an fed up!!!!!!
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Someone above mentioned player fatigue, this is exactly how I feel post-S7, I feel like I'm doing work, like going to a job, instead of having fun in a game like I use to. S7 has lessened the enjoyment and need to play STFs, especially the harder ones, there isn't any benefit or reason to anymore. They've removed gameplay for me by doing this, since all I use to do was play all the STFs cause there isn't anything else to do at endgame. Now, there still isn't. All I have to do is setup projects in the rep system and log off for 2 days while they do their magic, I don't even need to log into the game but 3 times a week now to get projects going.

Good luck buying your gear with your non-existant supply of marks/bnc/dilithium when you hit reputation cap by doing the absolute minimum.
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xantris wrote: »
    Good luck buying your gear with your non-existant supply of marks/bnc/dilithium when you hit reputation cap by doing the absolute minimum.

I've got plenty of the above, but thanks for your concern. Right now, minimum is all that is required.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Season 7 an EPIC FAILURE

Great for people who are new and love the Grind.

Bad for us who have seen STO transform into this monstrosity

I only wish that the Rep system was optional and a separate component to the STFs.

There was no need for CRYPTIC to have gone that deep into re-structuring the STF system. Mk XII Gear was once for free, now you have to pay for them via projects, time (I mean TIME), and Dilithium. The game is NOT fun anymore, its has turned into a second job.

Again, only folks that will enjoy the NEW STO are the new players and people who RP. I'm with the Doctor, as in I hop in, maybe start a project then leave until a week or so.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It isn't great.

I'm already bored of New Romulus, I like the thinking behind the reputation/projects system but it takes far too long to unlock anything - and in the meantime I have nothing to do.

No point doing STF's, I have plenty of Omega marks for the next few projects. Can't do more on New Romulus because I need to wait until I hit tier 1. Can't do the foundry content (the actual interesting content) because it is unavailable. Fleet actions last a total of 5 mins now that is the only real way to get Dil, and they play like wild wolves fighting over scraps. Can't focus on doff's, never was that interested in them and can't afford the Dil costs. Can't give Dil toward fleet projects because I'll need it for my Omega equipment.

The game still has bugs. It was rushed to release and the devs ignored feedback.

Nope, not great at all.

EDIT: Oh how can I forget, they lied to everyone when they removed the Dil reward from STF's and only decided to correct this when it was damn obvious their income would suffer for it.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sigh... You can get you 8k limit *faster* now if you run Fleet Actions alongside their daily 1440 dil wrapper mission. Three wrapper missions, three Fleet Actions, one hour.

You TOTALLY missed the point.
    You make 8k, then what?
    Have you read ANY of the complaints?
    I've posted it before, I'll post it again:
    Season 7 is BROKEN.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've got plenty of the above, but thanks for your concern. Right now, minimum is all that is required.

As long as you don't hee and haw 2 months from now when your 100k dilithium and thousand of marks/BNP short on buying gear, that's cool with me.
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As countless members in-game and about 4/5ths of those on the forum have already said.

Season 7 is pretty much awful.

I don't think there is much more to be said.:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    *Does the math*

Ok, assuming an average of 20 Omega Marks per run, 20 normal STF runs per day will net the following -

400 Omega Marks
    9600 Unrefined Dilthium

Now to maximize Omega Marks at least one in three of those (taking into account the STF cooldown) will be Breaking the Hive, on which I've been able to make a constant 29 Omega Marks (Never hit that middle optional objective yet). Assuming the first STF I do each day is Breaking the Hive then our new breakdown looks like this.

463 Omega Marks
    9600 Unrefined Dilithium

Now lets up that to 20 Elite runs assuming the average of 60 marks per STF

1200 Omega Marks
    19200 Dilithium
    20 Borg Neural Processors

Looking at those charts my best option to maximize profit through nothing but STFs appears to be 10 Elite STFs per day, a number a few of you were probably doing anyway and less than some were doing.

But wait, how long will this take. Average STF time is about 20-30 minutes, so we'll say 25 per STF and guess a little over 4 hours a day. Tier 5 Elite runners can reduce their daily earnings or Marks to 400 however and reduce that to 3 hours. by running trading 50 marks for 500 dilithium twice.

Even so, if all's you wanted to max out on was Dilithium you could hit the cap running (Tier 5 only) 6 elite STFs per day and converting 250 of the marks you earn into Dilithium leaving you with at least 110 Omega Marks per day (assuming you don't hit any bonus objectives.) Hitting bonus objectives could reduce this potentially down to 5 STFs per day cutting your farming time down to about 3-3.5 hours.

The amount of time it takes to farm dilithium hasn't changed, they've just added more numbers to juggle and an artificial gate on before you can do it.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wrong math.

You still have to factor in EDC's, salvages and gear drops AND consoles and weapons etc.

Not JUST the fact they were lost but having to pay for them aswell is what people have a hard time understanding.

Which means if you want to do the correct math on what you were earning vs what you are earning, every LOST drop under the old school vs now factors in TWICE.

Once, for the lost in-come in itself, and twice for the deficit of paying for it... THAT is the right math. I guess a professional scam is when people don't know they've been hustled...

REMEMBER (spock) you didn't just lose an in-come you also gained an expense

Anyway, so in effect, for every time you are now playing you would have gotten an elite drop, you are down 40,000 k dil x 2.
    A weapon drop ? 30,000 x 2

And so on and so on. That is the extend of what you have lost and are paying for now.

In addition to having to sit around and wait for PERMISSION to buy it for 3 months like someone is doing you a huge favour lmao :rolleyes:

Again I can only speak for mysefl but my dil in-come has come to a complete halt beyond the minimum of what is required for gating my characters.

Will I be motivated to get 1 or 2 items from t5 in a quarter of a year's time ? Don't know we'll have to see.
    edited November 2012
    bluedarky wrote: »
    The amount of time it takes to farm dilithium hasn't changed, they've just added more numbers to juggle and an artificial gate on before you can do it.

I beg to differ: pre S7 you could get 5k+ dilithium out of one eSTF
    base reward ~1000 dil + rare/purple tech and/or rare/purple salvage

admitted takes some luck but i have plenty of times gotten either 2 purples or 1 purple and 2 rare ... but ok lucky me

standard eSTF in average gave me the base reward and a rare salvage/tech = 2000 dil per run

now: 960 base reward + BNP (=200 dil) and NO LOOT (in the few last weeks b4 S7 got a few nice mk12 [acc]x3 ... they will never drop in STF again) ...

and since I was more or less doing STFs only I am now not doing anything but get some omega marks when I need ... generally spending my time now with SWTOR or other things
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rezking wrote: »
    You TOTALLY missed the point.
    You make 8k, then what?
    Have you read ANY of the complaints?
    I've posted it before, I'll post it again:
    Season 7 is BROKEN.

You can make 8k and then... Play The Game (tm).

Seriously. Either you like the core concept of this game or you don't - why are you here if you don't enjoy actually playing this game? The meta-game stuff... it's all icing on the top of the cake. You don't need to participate in Fleets, and the holding system didn't exist years back when most of us started playing. Borg gear didn't either. If you played then and enjoyed the game, what fundamentally has changed to make you hate it? The mechanics haven't changed, just the reward structure.

So if you're only playing the for rewards... why bother? Just make yourself a spreadsheet that says "+10000000 dilithium" every time you press a button.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think the previous poster before you actually answered your question asking how many people here dreamed of a star trek mmo.

Hoping for better days and putting up with the negatives because it's star trek
    edited November 2012
    You can make 8k and then... Play The Game (tm).

having a life and such things like a job makes it difficult to play enough time to make 8k dil ... and then play to "enjoy"

i could get my dil cap with a few STFs per day and I enjoyed doing these (+ there was the nice thrill of getting some kind of loot)

now making 8k dil a day for one toon (let alone more than one) takes much more time than i can invest in this game ... yeah i hear you "not our problem u cant spend that much time"

STO is now only worth playing for ppl with no job and no life or a big wallet???

and dont give me that TRIBBLE "u dont need that gear that desperately" ... yes you do or you basically fly around and do nothing as lvl 50 char ... or get shot into pieces every few seconds
  • robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The word 'horrifying' comes to mind when I am asked to pick a phrase that best describes my opinion of Season 7. It's like STO's version of the Star Wars Galaxies New Game Experience patch, only much more fail. The tiny amount of enjoyment the game was clinging to in my eyes is now completely gone.
  • bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ok i have been playing STO since season 5 started.

it was very good to find a game i rather enjoyed to be honest with you.

only problem is i hate season seven.

i thought they were gonna do the following:

1) add new missions or expand missions to what we currently have.
    I mean, we already have great episodes in the diferent missions, why not expand on those and give us more episodes, thats what i would of done for season 7 TBH.
    The borg mission episodes were waaaaay to short, add more episodes to that i would of done and add more episodes to the brean and udine missions, just concentrate on what you already have and expand on the current missions.thats what i thought season 7 was gonna be about.

2) increase the ranking system from admiral 50 to some higher rank.
    Was rather looking forward to this, thought they were gonna increase the ranking to coinside with the new episodes, man i really loved doing the episodes they were just fantastic for me, and i liked the way you ranked up.

3) somehow, increase the dillithium runs so we can actually get more to keep players interested in starbase stuff.
    This would of been a great opportunity to input a few new moons around the universe as many players really enjoyed doing the grinds.
    why for gods sake did you drop or better yet lower the dilithium rewards for STF's i will never know, if it ain't broke why fix it?

4) i like the idea of the reputation system, romulan marks but you should of opened a thread for discussion with the members you currently have with the heading "Suggestions for season 7: what would you like to see" get members/players involved with the creation of season 7, not just do your own thing and upset a lot of people, thats what i would have done, and i can guess many others would have gone the same route.

i really hope Cryptic/PW that you would consider the little people, neh let me rephrase that.
    the members/players whos money actually put you where you are today, our input for season 8, (if the game dont die)

listen to the members/players, they know what they are on about, if you rely on feedback from us you would be suprised how much fun this game cant really be, but for me the enjoyment has somewhat gone.

i suggest you try to recapture what this game used to stand for, go back to basics and make the game fun.

for me i will not be spending any more money on this game and i will for the meantime be playing call of duty black ops 2, i don't want to but what choice do i have.

you have ruind the one game i really enjoyed.

shame on you.
  • doctormerkindoctormerkin Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In the words of comic book guy,"worst update ever"!.:mad:
  • tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    daxiii23 wrote: »
    - adding a new STF full of obvious bugs (push the Queen into the abyss and you cannot finish it although u killed her)

Yea too bad that's broken, there seriously needs to be an accolade for doing that.

I...have had... enough of... YOU!
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • theuser2021theuser2021 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How bad is season 7? Lets just say, I'm glad I didn't buy the life time subscription lol.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Season 7, where to begin?

Too damned much of a grind for dilithium and too damned light on entertainment.

The carrot's been put on a longer and longer stick, and now it's nearly outa sight, so why bother anymore?

When starbases were released, I was happy. I liked the fact that players in an MMO were encouraged to work together to contribute to SOMETHING.
    To build a gaming experience TOGETHER.

Then came the dilithium special project sinks. Piles of tribbles, a few security guards ect. ect. ect.
    But as dilithium was still fairly easy to get and starbases and the occasional gear upgrades the only real use, I adapted.

Then season 7 came:
    Dilithium "exploits" were taken out. (But double dilithium dipping in so far as dilithium costs in starbase projects and collection of rewards once rewards were unlocked, were left in)
    MORE dilithium sinks were added and now there is conflicts in uses for what dilithium I get.

Do I help out the fleet? Do I horde it for personal uses?

Starbase progression in my various fleets (2) hasn't slowed down, IT'S STOPPED. I fear some on my fleet have given up.

Judging from history, I fear that any gains one gets through the progression of the reputation system, in so far as new sets and abilities, will only get nerfed AFTER all the effort to achieve them.
    Why? They were never really tested. Who had time to progress all the way up the reputation system on tribble, then actually use those new abilities and gear in PVP?

So I see a lotta effort for very questionable gains on that subject.

THANK GOD they put the dilithium back in the STFs, personally, I would have thrown in the towel if that hadn't happened.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• chuckingramchuckingram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The dilithium/gear maps suck. It really says something about Cryptic that they're trying to leverage poorly designed/coded and irritating content be forcing players to participate in order to acquire NEEDED commodities. I haven't seen ONE piece of VR salvage since S7 slapped me in the mouth, that means no chance of any real sales, and I'm bleeding EC's because of it.

While there are aspects of S7 that I like, the utter lack of ENJOYABLE content that produces high-quality salvage is starting to annoy me, increasingly. This means that I'm begining to wonder why I continue to support a game that treats me like an idiot/lab rat.
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    New Romulus is cool, new patrols with random Enterprise appearances are cool, new Tholian red alert is cool even if it is ridiculous being spammed with webs, and the new Vault space FA is cool.

What's NOT cool is the excess grind that came with S7, and the absolutely LUDICROUS amounts of time you have to wait for reputation projects to finish. SB projects? Sure. But personal reputation projects? That's one of the WORST ideas I've yet to see in my years of playing multiplayer online games. Considering I started way back when MUD/MUSH were it, that's saying something.
  • tali9999tali9999 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I vote BAD.

The removal of Random Loot Bags killed anyy excitement i had doing STFs. Now it only feels like going to work to get the same paycheck every time.

The Fleet Actions with the dailys can give ok Dilithium but they are quickly getting boring. Not much tactical or team content over there. And having rewards awarded to the most efficient players is worst idea than having random drops for everyone imho.

Romulan content is fine i guess but time will tell if there is any replayability fun to have over there. Or will it become another ghost town like Defera Invasion? It is a nice change of pace for awhile but i can't see myself replaying Romulus weeks after weeks.

Costs for Doffs upgrading is ridiculously out of whack.

The Reputation system feels terribly slow and the stupid prices of the store are totally inacceptable. Look at the Borg Mk X space equipment and compare with the 5 EDC costs they used to be.

So to me in the end, Season 6 was more fun, more rewarding and more ENTERTAINING.

Season 7 feels like WORK. And working in a game gets old fast.

So the question is... ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
    And i am not.
  • chuckingramchuckingram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Have they offered reasons why they've killed salvage as a commodity, and replaced it with NOTHING? I've been around long enough to have experienced a tight-lipped dev house or two, but Cryptic mixes that with a low-level contempt of their user base that is really honking me off.

If this game hasn't gotten markedly better by the time Planetside II hits I'm jumping ship.