Install Arc
Options

Please make this a wallpaper.

13»

Comments

• Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    While I'm well aware of Star Trek's long history of fan service and showing off the female guest stars, all the way back to the remarkable creations of William Theiss, I admit that my first response to that image was a sigh, an eyeroll, and a "Really?" :rolleyes:

The choice of subject makes it even more bizarre and improbable to me. Of any Federation race, I would think that Vulcans - logical, practical, ascetic, and only engaging in sexual display and activity for a brief period every seven solar years - are the least likely to appear... out of uniform, as it were. And yet, I wonder if that's part of the reason why stuff like this and the *cough* "Vulcan Entertainment Program" is so popular - the exotic, unattainable fantasy that would never happen in "real" (Trek) life. The green-blooded ice queen has let her hair down and is hot for you...

(Again, plenty of evidence going back to TOS and the other side of the fandom, with all the steamy fic about a certain hairy-chested Vulcan love god.)
  • Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That is a good pic oh. It will look good for the site to me :)
    I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    evendzharevendzhar Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hfmudd wrote: »
    The choice of subject makes it even more bizarre and improbable to me. Of any Federation race, I would think that Vulcans - logical, practical, ascetic, and only engaging in sexual display and activity for a brief period every seven solar years - are the least likely to appear... out of uniform, as it were.
    My guess is Cryptic is using the Vulcan to appeal to adolescent fantasy MMO players. No-one expects a sci-fi game to have hot Elfs.
  • Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And why do you think that then?
    I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    dichtbringerdichtbringer Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Heres a "Wallpaper Version", basically it's the background image of the main page but with black surroundings removed, resolution is not standard, but will work nicely with a 16:9 aspect resolution.

http://daemodar.ohost.de/pointyearswp.jpg
    STO Voice Control Tutorial Video: WATCH
    ELITE STF SPEED RECORDS (time on optional remaining):
    S07: KASE: 12:54 | CSE: 13:20 | ISE: 12:38 All held personally, my POV
    LOR: KASE: 13:19 | CSE: 13:47 | ISE: 13:34 None held personally, other player's POV
    S08: coming soon
  • Options
    tcgmtcgm Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sorry that this is a necro, but I found this thread on google while searching for this image as a wallpaper. Took me a while, but I actually did find a proper wallpaper version.

http://www.wallpapervortex.com/wallpaper-24180-video_games_star_trek_online_wallpaper.html#.VW5sOM9VhHw

Again, sorry for the necro, but this post is to help any other people who look for this in the future.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    tcgm wrote: »
    Sorry that this is a necro, but I found this thread on google while searching for this image as a wallpaper. Took me a while, but I actually did find a proper wallpaper version.

http://www.wallpapervortex.com/wallpaper-24180-video_games_star_trek_online_wallpaper.html#.VW5sOM9VhHw

Again, sorry for the necro, but this post is to help any other people who look for this in the future.

All of those pics & wallpapers are still in the "Media" section of STO's Arc page, buried under all the newer stuff admittedly but they are still only a couple clicks away.