What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please make this a wallpaper.

Comments

• Options
    forjoatinxanforjoatinxan Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you must not get out that much do you, there is nothing wrong with the way she looks, all it is, is a open version of the Starbase uniform although ingame you don't see the cleavage on the fed side, but the KDF if you have a female toon in KHG gear they have the option to show a little, so IMHO keep it like it is there is nothing wrong with it.

My wife typically shows more cleavage than this, but she's not a Starfleet Officer.

To my knowledge no Star Trek episode or movie showed any officer on duty wearing something like this -- much less in a combat situation. Janeway stripped down to a tank top in Macrocosm, but there was absolutely no cleavage.

I challenge you to find any military or serious civil service organization whose uniform code would allow something that shows that much cleavage.

In civilian life, of course, there's nothing wrong with it. But in a professional organization, much less one in combat, it's just not appropriate.
    allocater wrote: »
    Star Trek is a fair and equal future, where chicks can run around like that, the same way Picard can run around like : this

Picard is off-duty in that shot -- not in a combat situation, and not in uniform.

And backyardserenade, you're welcome. :)

-Forjo
    My oldest post (that I can find)
    Former Cryptic User #11424
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Stop the easily abused and unfair auto-silence "feature"!
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I find the new artwork great.

Whoever made it, the girl seems to have such lovely eyes. Actually...damn, now I have to use all my willpower to move away from the main page. The eyes are too enchantingly drawn :) (Joking)

On a note, her skin seems a bit pinkish tinted.... maybe human-vulcan hybrid?

Anyway. Please give us the wallpaper version.

And thanks for listening to the input and putting the Dilithium back in STFs.

Oh, and Picard can sure show off his chest! I bet Q and Doctor Crusher would love to see that :) (joking, joking again)

Oh, and the retro Handsome Phaser Guy is also back, albeit resized to a smaller picture!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok, dumb question that's probably been answered elsewhere...

Are we sure she's a Vulcan and not a Romulan, with the big S7 Romulan tie-in and all?

I noticed a small bulge on the forehead when I was making the resizes. I'm wondering as well.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    alphaomega1500alphaomega1500 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    She could be a bit of both. The onlt thing I would change. Is to add a disrupter or plasma beam being fired at her.

So it looks more like she is doging in coming fire.

And maybe form fitting pants. It looks from the color effect like she might be on or at cold weather location.

I also like the shot orgininally linked to in the thead. Where we can see her legs and can get more of the feeling of action the art is trying to show.

• Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2012
    Have there ever been any Romulans let into Starfleet. . . ?
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »

Sort of.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Simon_Tarses
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Also Saavik might count as well
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    castsbugc wrote: »

And maybe T'Pol.
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »

Well, Subcommander T'Rul (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/T%27Rul) was let aboard the USS Defiant to operate the cloaking device.

Too bad that character didn't stay. I would have find it amusing to see how the DS9 command crew had to deal with her over the prevailing seasons. Especially when Worf joined the series.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What about a wallpaper without starships and without the girl (she's really annoying) - just new romulus itself? :o
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think there was one such picture, but it had a Tholian standing around.

Edit:

Here it is, found on this site's screenshot part.
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/pictures/1345222699275.jpg
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    eklinaar wrote: »

Didn't he get kicked out when they found out he was part Romulan instead of part Vulcan as he claimed. Although if he was (ep is vague), he might have also been kicked for lying about being part Vulcan.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    tpalelena wrote: »
    I think there was one such picture, but it had a Tholian standing around.

Edit:

Here it is, found on this site's screenshot part.
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/pictures/1345222699275.jpg

That pic (if he doesn't want the Tholian) can just have that side cut out and resize it.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    castsbugc wrote: »

I thought Saavik as a Romulan was soft canon though. Like they planned for her to be but changed it to Vulcan for the movies to not have to go into how she got there and in her position. Then some books went back to the original idea of her as a Romulan.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Well, Subcommander T'Rul (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/T%27Rul) was let aboard the USS Defiant to operate the cloaking device.

Too bad that character didn't stay. I would have find it amusing to see how the DS9 command crew had to deal with her over the prevailing seasons. Especially when Worf joined the series.

Notice the Taco asked into Starfleet. A temp assignment I wouldn't count since she wasn't actually in Starfleet. (Notice the uniform) That's like saying Riker was in the KDF and Kurn was in Starfleet. Those were temp assignments.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    And maybe T'Pol.

I can count on 1 hand how many episodes of Enterprise I wasted my time watching but she was Romulan?

• Options
    xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can count on 1 hand how many episodes of Enterprise I wasted my time watching but she was Romulan?

If Enterprise had been allowed to go to another season, it would have been revealed she was half-Romulan.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    xariama wrote: »
    If Enterprise had been allowed to go to another season, it would have been revealed she was half-Romulan.

Where can one find this information?

• Options
    sensorghostsensorghost Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jenel79 wrote: »
    It's most likely on the way, but I'd really like to see the new splash background as a wallpaper. It's very dynamic with some great art.

I know the splash background is a little broken up but full pic here, if a little small looks fantastic, would love to see it blown up.

tDQgS.jpg

This has nothing to do with the hot Vulcan chick at all. Nope, nothing at all!

Yes because we all know that STO is only about quality dynamic and fair play, with good content, reliable systems, and good economy... In some other reality..
  • Options
    voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

From Mem Alpha:
    At one point during the series run, Soval actor Gary Graham suggested that T'Pol turn out to be Soval's long-lost daughter, because of her resemblance to the actor's own sister. Graham later recalled, "I thought it was a slam dunk when I suggested it, but it was never picked up." In a potential season five episode, writer/producer Mike Sussman hoped to have T'Pol finally meet her father, planning to reveal to the audience that T'Pol's father was instead a Romulan agent who had posed as a Vulcan officer prior to faking his own death. The suggestion that T'Pol was half-Romulan would have shed light on her affinity for Humans as well as her interest in experimenting with emotions. (Information provided by Mike Sussman)
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    From Mem Alpha:

Once he said "it was never picked up" means it didn't happen. So basically it's regulated to soft canon at best.

• Options
    mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Didn't he get kicked out when they found out he was part Romulan instead of part Vulcan as he claimed. Although if he was (ep is vague), he might have also been kicked for lying about being part Vulcan.

In the episode (TNG 4x21; The Drumhead) during a conversation with Picard, Tarses says his career in Starfleet is over, but Picard neither confirms or dismisses his statement.

His future after the episode was never mentioned on screen. But I think in one of the DS9 novels set after the Dominion War, he has become CMO of Deep Space Nine.

Memory Alpha lists several possible outcomes for Tarses, these are all apocryphal.

Good episode, I think I might dig out the DVD :)
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    In the episode (TNG 4x21; The Drumhead) during a conversation with Picard, Tarses says his career in Starfleet is over, but Picard neither confirms or dismisses his statement.

His future after the episode was never mentioned on screen. But I think in one of the DS9 novels set after the Dominion War, he has become CMO of Deep Space Nine.

Memory Alpha lists several possible outcomes for Tarses, these are all apocryphal.

Good episode, I think I might dig out the DVD :)

Okay. That's why it's so vague to me. They (the writers on the show) left it open ended. I guess in case they wanted to use him again but also left it with if they didn't use him again.

But he was in Starship Creator too but so were dead people. lol I ended up importing a whole bunch of people into that game. Some people I know and had pictures to do it and some actors/actresses that never appeared on Star Trek. I miss that game and the follow up Warp II which allowed sending more than 1 ship on a mission or send the second ship to handle other business.

• Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think this forum needs shutting now :).
    I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    edited November 2012

TacoBoy caused it to go offtopic so Cornflakes should give him an infraction. :D

• Options
    shaddam01shaddam01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012

this why we dont get paid for thinking :)
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    TacoBoy caused it to go offtopic so Cornflakes should give him an infraction. :D

this 1000 times ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    marveriusmarverius Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would like a background of the splash, as well as a background of the old one as well.

P.S. With several in game missions and some of the story coming to 2409, it would not be unreasonable to say several Romulans fled to the Federation after the collapse of the Empire. Starfleet aid is abundant and some of the refuge colonies are in Federation space.

So if Klingons (whose main Empire is strong and at war with the Federation) are in Starfleet now, why the heck would Romulans not be with the above statements giving them a better reason to join?
  • Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why do the mods not shut this post down then?.
    I'm so happy :D