test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SINCE S7: Blue Screen Black Screen - Game Crash ...WHY?

13»

Comments

• earloftharearlofthar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Worked for me .. with a occaional .3 second stick every now and then in game play.

meaning the issues that are causing the crashes are still there, this driver is just not have as HUGE of a conflict with them to crash it.

Good luck guys!
    Stonewall@LordHarconan

Lifetime Member
    Vice Admiral of the Omega Family Fleet
    (228 members and growing)
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nope I installed the correct latest driver for my machine. Still happening :(
  • tamerethtamereth Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Still i reinstalled the game has been working ok for me. I have had a few instances of an error saying the graphics device has stopped and recovered when first loading, but this isn't crashing the game anymore.

Not sure if this is the result of cryptics patch or just plain luck. Needless to say i'm nervous every time i log in.
  • dorrajimusdorrajimus Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    daybre4k wrote: »
    I installed the following Drivers:
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/20601/a08/Win7Vista_64_151718.exe&lang=eng&Dwnldid=20601&DownloadType=Drivers&OSFullname=Windows+7+(64-bit)*

I am no longer experiencing any issues, everything is running very well. I don't know if this will help others, but It helped me, so I figured I'd post it.

My laptop's current driver versions are newer than the versions from this link and I'm also experiencing crashing of the the game, so should I proceed with downloading to these drivers to see if it works?
  • squall10086squall10086 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dorrajimus wrote: »
    My laptop's current driver versions are newer than the versions from this link and I'm also experiencing crashing of the the game, so should I proceed with downloading to these drivers to see if it works?

You may as well, if it doesn't work you can always update them again.
  • daybre4kdaybre4k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    earlofthar wrote: »
    what is your name in the game my friend

Bryce@daybre4k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daybre4kdaybre4k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dorrajimus wrote: »

So were mine, but this fixed my issues. I DL'd these because I remembered having similar issues on KOTOR II, and a solution I found on the web was to instill some graphics drivers. While I had no idea which drivers they were, I decided to apply the principal to this problem, and everything went perfectly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dorrajimusdorrajimus Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You may as well, if it doesn't work you can always update them again.

It worked. I've been playing for the last six hours. No problems. Even got a promotion and a new ship. I iz happy.
  • brish01brish01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Reading ALL 7 pages the do it yourself-home it guy part of me goes hmmm.

Seeing how its graphics realted.

Step one increase fan speed, clean vents with canned aired, also check for heat build up. If a laptop gets to hot it will power down. ALso get a laptop cooler if need be.

If step 1 does not help. proceed to step 2.

Check drivers, if siad driver is newer, free up virutal memeory, and stop any background services, to increace preformance.

If nether helps, there not much I can do without dxdialog reports. The other thing about ingeted graphics is if it get stressed out, it will stress out the pther parts, leading to the BSODs.
    18.jpg
  • seratherserather Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I hope they fix it soon!!
  • seratherserather Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well the intel update didn't work for me. Oh well, it was a really fun game! Hopefully this black screen thing will stop for me.
  • atamarusatamarus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    daybre4k wrote: »
    I installed the following Drivers:
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/20601/a08/Win7Vista_64_151718.exe&lang=eng&Dwnldid=20601&DownloadType=Drivers&OSFullname=Windows+7+(64-bit)*

I am no longer experiencing any issues, everything is running very well. I don't know if this will help others, but It helped me, so I figured I'd post it.

This as corrected the issue for me as well, thank you :)
  • pospelpospel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Computer crashes fully when loading new locations. Windows i64.
  • jsbelangerjsbelanger Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same issue... looks like people stopped posting on here a while ago so i'm guessing the issue has been fixed. I'm running an AMD A4 with Radeon HD Dual graphics. drivers up to date... not sure about going to older graphics. Any suggestions? I'd love to play this game but I'm guessing I'll have to give up on it and remove it if I can't actually PLAY it...
  • kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nothing has been fixed. It's getting worse and worse with every patch. It still crashes almost every time I beam down to New Romulus and since the last patch I can't play Hive Space anymore since my game crashes every few seconds when I try to play it. This is getting so damn frustrating.
  • richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And still no fix. I don't think they're going to. Maybe it's just going to go away by itself. Somehow.
  • forgestrikerforgestriker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have the same error on my Dell Laptop. Sometimes if I deleted the STO config files and run in safe mode, I can get it started. Has anyone had luck resolving this issue?