test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (November 1, 2012)

Comments

• sarge4idsarge4id Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They may not know exactly what has gone wrong. That does happen now and then.

So the game is down for a few hours, its a pain yes, but these things happen. At least its not as often as it used to be.

As people, experts in the field have stated here, if they screwed up this bad at their job they'd be fired. someone need's to get the matches out and start firing people.

If they dont know what is wrong then their IT people arent smart enough.
    "Being a troll myself, I classify this malcontent as a Type-2 Oblivious Troll. My reasons for coming to this conclusion are: The annoying colored text he deploys, the contradictory threads he creates, the excessive whining and foot stamping, the amusement factor of his threads, and the apparent lack of realization that he is in fact a troll, like me, and is not the heart broken, victimized, player, he sees himself as."
  • raleighfan01raleighfan01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    WOW! There are a bunch of new faces in this thread, with post counts that don't exceed the average persons fingers.
    Welcome!

thank you :)
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • chequepleasechequeplease Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yeah lucky you get trek on Netflix there we don't here in the UK :(

No we dont, but there is a website that has all the episodes from all the tv series available. I suppose you just need to know where to look Hopefully you'll find it.
    The Artist formerly known as Paddoxx
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i bet when you call cryptic,they put you in the wait...and you have to hear justin bieber all the time...or my little ponie.....or dora.....where is the server?

right there isn't!

where does this hdd need?

right in your TRIBBLE$ cryptic!
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    We're working to bring up the server as soon as possible. As I've mentioned previously, Season 7 is not launching today and the reason for extended downtime is technical difficulties. All Cryptic games (STO and CO) and services (subscription and account management) are affected. We're still on track for the ETA in the latest update (2pm PDT - 1 hour and 52 minutes from this post) -- it may change, it may not, but if it does, I will communicate it to you.

You should be able to start patching now, but you won't be able to actually get to the character select screen.

Again, thanks for your patience :) Once we are up, I've got a few exciting announcements/ frontpage news posts to make over the course of the afternoon.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • llyodstylesllyodstyles Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well the patch just came through so I guess the servers will be up shortly :)
    We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
    Winston Churchill

1st Lt, M.A.C.O. Foxtrot Squadron

• robnkcrobnkc Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey guys here is what you do... roll it back, correct the "technical difficulty" on a test server, then roll the patch out when it is stable and everyone in Europe and US is not screaming at you to get online! :mad::eek::(:confused:
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    are we gonna get to play today??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • thesaxladthesaxlad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    thesaxlad wrote: »
    You havent had a call recently from someone putting themselves forward as Perfect World Entertainment have you?

:P
    WOW! There are a bunch of new faces in this thread, with post counts that don't exceed the average persons fingers.
    Welcome!
    sarge4id wrote: »
    As people, experts in the field have stated here, if they screwed up this bad at their job they'd be fired. someone need's to get the matches out and start firing people.

If they dont know what is wrong then their IT people arent smart enough.
    #

If they fire the whole team- then a new team with no knowledge of the game or content will come in further stalling new patches and content. which as we all know would induce more whining...

Unfortunately its a lose lose situation.
    In game addy @thesaxlad invites for STF's and PUG PvP's welcome :)
  • arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    spectral3 wrote: »
    Scotty always said, whatever time you think it will take to fix a problem, double it and make everyone think you can work miracles when you fix it ahead of schedule

CORRECTION Scotty multiplyed by a factor of 4 not doubling :rolleyes:
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rikwessels wrote: »
    we don't want a repeat of the Metin 2 debacle, lol :)

What was the Metin 2 debacle?
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • crimpson7crimpson7 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Guys its better to do the job right and get the server working at optimal performance. Even if it takes a lot of time. After all, some hours without STO are not going to kill us. But, personally, i expect some type of in-game mail containing level-appropriate Very-Rare items as a form of apology.
    The Wildcards Fleet =/\=
    Admiral T'Vanto of the I.R.W. Dreaded Balerion (Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird) "Burn them All!"
    Admiral Atraxis of the U.S.S. Daskalogiannis (Avenger class Cruiser) "I am Iron Cat!"
  • ericandrewrossericandrewross Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dlighted12 wrote: »
    I'm sure they did'nt want to take it offline unless they absolutely had to. Just bugs me when they have to take it down again for their 'regular' maintenance run later.

what really bugs me is that in a couple days they will do an unscheduled maintenance to fix an issue this scheduled cluster freak... er, I mean maintenance will undoubtedly cause.
    Vice Admiral Ross
    and others too numerous to name...
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i bet the cleaner acciendtly pulled a cable out and didnt tell anyone. plug it back in peoples
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sorry, Captains.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    thats 9pm here for us in the UK man....
  • sarge4idsarge4id Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We're working to bring up the server as soon as possible. As I've mentioned previously, Season 7 is not launching today and the reason for extended downtime is technical difficulties. All Cryptic games (STO and CO) and services (subscription and account management) are affected. We're still on track for the ETA in the latest update (2pm PDT - 1 hour and 52 minutes from this post) -- it may change, it may not, but if it does, I will communicate it to you.

You should be able to start patching now, but you won't be able to actually get to the character select screen.

Again, thanks for your patience :) Once we are up, I've got a few exciting announcements/ frontpage news posts to make over the course of the afternoon.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

B we dont care about S7 anymore we just want our game back!
    "Being a troll myself, I classify this malcontent as a Type-2 Oblivious Troll. My reasons for coming to this conclusion are: The annoying colored text he deploys, the contradictory threads he creates, the excessive whining and foot stamping, the amusement factor of his threads, and the apparent lack of realization that he is in fact a troll, like me, and is not the heart broken, victimized, player, he sees himself as."
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well let's see, it's been delayed and then delayed again.

So the first delay was them realising something was broken then going looking for the backup tapes.

Second delay means there's something wrong with the backup. Rats nesting in them maybe if they have rats wherever Cryptic is.

Or possibly mountain lions - that's it. Mountain lions nesting in the backup tapes.

This could take a while :D
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    arkyboy wrote: »
    CORRECTION Scotty multiplyed by a factor of 4 not doubling :rolleyes:

Well maimenance is normally 2 hours, so... :P
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    Cearly we as customers did not buy enough zen for the server meters today.

Shame on us...... :P
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thank You Brandon :) Maybe some lighthearted banter with us will cheer the mood :D, any clues as to the announcements maybe? :)
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sorry, Captains.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

will we be getting something extra then for delay
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This is all a smokescreen to distract us from the real news isn't it?

That Season 7 is launching today!!
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • alphadarkwolf666alphadarkwolf666 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    crimpson7 wrote: »
    Guys its better to do the job right and get the server working at optimal performance. Even if it takes a lot of time. After all, some hours without STO are not going to kill us. But, personally, i expect some type of in-game mail containing level-appropriate Very-Rare items as a form of apology.

lolololol!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Destroy the enemy, just save some for me!
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

leave the other game's....AND START GETTING STO BACK ONLINE RRIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Way is Main Taking so freaking long.They Said it was done at 12noon and now it says 2pm WTF
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    "technical difficulty" hope is not "we lost people's toons and we don't know what to do" :rolleyes:
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was impressed that you guys were able to keep the game up during the hurricane when other games I play went down. Have at it, just have it up by Friday :P
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Is this Season Seven?
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    I was impressed that you guys were able to keep the game up during the hurricane when other games I play went down. Have at it, just have it up by Friday :P

Sorry was that a compliment?! :D
This discussion has been closed.