test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (November 1, 2012)

Comments

• tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yeah, the 4 hour patch just turned into an 8 hour patch... this is really lousy service.

You're right, let's have the servers up and then fail in an hour or two...oh wait.

Seriously, better get the job done right.
  • mikehawk77mikehawk77 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    husnock1 wrote: »
    Is Tribble up? I thought I read that it might be unavailable too, during the maintenance...

Yes tribble is up now :P
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zorbane wrote: »
    Got netflix? Time to watch some Star Trek

Anyone seen John Carpenter's 'The Ward'? I've got the blu-ray sitting here and I'm toying with the idea of watching it... any good?
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • furiousfeenixfuriousfeenix Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Somewhere there is an intern about to get fired frantically buying parts at a best buy.
  • spectral3spectral3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wow it almost let me log on, got to retrieving characters and then came down the boom STO is close for maintenance.....THE HORROR
  • spartenkingspartenking Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    why is this server maintence taking so long, i tough it was orriganally 4 hours but its been extended to 8 hours,its really driving my patience:mad::mad::mad: ,please hurry this maintence up,taking too long:(
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    goyette wrote: »
    Effectively any gold member should have their billing date pushed back a day since it now is taking 8 hours to do maintanence. I for one am very happy i have not invested any money into this. Its a good game and all, but once you hit 50 it turns into every other game. Farm farm farm. Guess i'll go give Star Wars a try. Look at other MMO companies. WoW does maintanence every tuesday with an announcement in the launcher well before downtime. EvE does maintanence every morning and it lasts 2 hours. This is just poor communication and poor customer service. No different then Xbox putting a piece of TRIBBLE in a box, slapping a year warranty on it and giving the bird to anyone that bought it.

Well, it's hard to communicate unexpected problems hours ahead of time. Yeesh...
  • alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xdotsx wrote: »
    I assume that's what happened. Now they have to build a new one with 5 phaser rifles, a plasma conduit and 30m of duct tape.

Where's Scotty when you need him?

Also, I laugh at the people who are whining about 'their' game not being up. I mean I guess those who actually pay for the game SHOULD get some kind of extension on their subscription, but those of us who don't pay really should just relax and let those poor men and women get on with their work. Screaming like babies who want mommies milk won't get them to work faster, or make the servers magically repair themselves. Heck, I doubt it will do ANYTHING other than possible relive your own stress, cause I don't think the IT people are wired into the internet and receiving your angry forum posts in the middle of working. If they were I doubt they would actually bother to work on the servers at all seeing the lack of respect their own community has for them.

Also, I seem to have turned into one of these people...
    http://xkcd.com/386/
  • catdog101catdog101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    so let me get this straight.

All Im gonna ask is....what kinda of technical difficulty does that.

I can guess it may be hardware problems, maybe their HDDs (or SSD if they use them, extremely stupid if they did).
  • ultijuiceultijuice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Argh, why today, of all days :D
  • xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Okay, we were about 20 minutes away from their estimated time and they added two hours. I went to bed last night, planning my day to be home after the patch I already ranted about the extended time, and now in the home stretch it is 2 hours LONGER. I am just adding fuel to the fire here, I am not saying anything special or especially insightful here, I am not special in any way, fine. I KNOW I am not, because PWE doesn't TREAT me like one!

With all due respect to any woman that MIGHT take exception to the following, I apologize in advance...

I am a MAN! I accept responsibility for my mistakes, try to make up for them, try not to hurt people, take their feelings into account, and stick to my WORD whenever I can. That is my definition of BEING A MAN and ACTING like one!

DEVS, PWE, Cryptic people, whoever you are, Brandon (who has been nice actually to friends I have on here,) whomever is in charge of estimating and posting the times required for patchwork, um...you are NOT keeping your WORD here. It isn;t a VERBAL agreement you are going back on, it is in WRITING. But aside from any kind of legal jargon or such, it's a lie.

Changing your mind is changing policy. Extending a promised time is BREAKING that promise. technically, we have PAID to play this game. We have entered into an agreement to pay money for a service. I am a lifer, so I personally have paid. My service is not being provided for several hours now. When my electric is out for a day due to the power company making repairs, I GET A REBATE from them to offset the loss of power for however long it is. That's the truth.

When my telephone company does the same thing cutting power, I get a rebate, AND they get an earful because I need the phone to work for my business to prosper and to make money. I sued and WON over it. Feel free to check that out too.

Aside from that, which IS relevant because SERVICE is not being provided and the estimated time has CHANGED more than once, thus affecting work being scheduled around gameplay time (lucky I can afford to do that,) you guys are not acting like MEN. Telling the truth. Owning up to responsibility. Admitting mistakes. MAKING UP for them. Apologizing. Doing something, ANYTHING to show you care. It's about YOU, the provider, showing proper respect and decorum to US, the CLIENT. Hey, we already PAID for service that we aren;t getting. This isn't about just being offline, it's about an inability to plan for it on our end because you can't do math.

Oh, there is another part of being a MAN that I haven't mentioned. It involves anatomy, which I am certain that you all qualify for. I mean, you HAVE to have a pair in order to put paying customers through this. I could add that most of us feel like another male part was used on us when it comes to pricing. Or promises of changes that are often just beyond our reach. I feel handcuffed beign unable to play right now, which goes perfectly with the feeling I get after I have paid some exorbitant amount of ZEN for an item that I will regret. Then I find it very difficult to SIT and play the game.

None of that is profane. But I feel better now. You should be ashamed. Doubt you are , though.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    noooooooooooo.

I haz a mission to make.
  • furiousfeenixfuriousfeenix Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Somewhere there is an intern about to get fired frantically buying parts at a best buy.

Or at the pet store buying replacement server-gerbils.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tobar26th wrote: »
    You're right, let's have the servers up and then fail in an hour or two...oh wait.

Seriously, better get the job done right.

whats to say this will not happen anyway (it did last week when the supposed to have fixed things) ? , i have been playing sto since early march and the service is getting worse not better tbh
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have this image in my head of a bunch of Pakleds standing around a server trying to make it go.:P
    edited November 2012
    Also, I seem to have turned into one of these people...
    http://xkcd.com/386/

lol! love it.

Surely we're all one of those people? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raleighfan01raleighfan01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hmm time for a pizza roll while we wait :P
  • sarge4idsarge4id Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2012

They all need to be fired. The staff working on the servers have to be completely incompetent for it to take this long. Seriously, who tripped and spilled coffee on the servers?

I think they broke something in the process. If they had just stuck to what the patch notes said and didn't try to pull some ninja TRIBBLE the servers would be up 4 hours ago.
    "Being a troll myself, I classify this malcontent as a Type-2 Oblivious Troll. My reasons for coming to this conclusion are: The annoying colored text he deploys, the contradictory threads he creates, the excessive whining and foot stamping, the amusement factor of his threads, and the apparent lack of realization that he is in fact a troll, like me, and is not the heart broken, victimized, player, he sees himself as."
    edited November 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    WRONG. No points for you! :rolleyes:

My postcount simply indicates that I make the majority of my posts from work, where I am able to access the messageboards but can't actually access the game itself.

And I am not the one crying about the game being offline.....

LOL@U TELLING US YOU MAKE MAJORITY OF YOUR POSTS @ WORK BUT YOUR NOT @ WORK HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

So your saying you don't have a job?:rolleyes:
  • ozujskoozujsko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    brigadooom wrote: »
    How about we all go onto tribble and test ITH? :cool: :P

already did that all and still bored,now i am only waiting brian come hear and says sorry all we got critical error and we lost all your stuff,please start over in season 7:o
  • alphadarkwolf666alphadarkwolf666 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All Im gonna ask is....what kinda of technical difficulty does that.

It's an technical difficulty between the chair and the keyboard :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Destroy the enemy, just save some for me!
  • seanpatrick73seanpatrick73 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Don't know if anyone else has noticed it but Champions online is down for maintenance as well and their maintenance is being extended too. My guess is this is all about replacing server hardware. Don't know what circuits they fried but it must be major to effect to separate game servers.
    edited November 2012
    mikehawk77 wrote: »
    LOL@U TELLING US YOU MAKE MAJORITY OF YOUR POSTS @ WORK BUT YOUR NOT @ WORK HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

So your saying you don't have a job?:rolleyes:

Now you can say I threw 1st punch you crybaby :P
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    like i said unexpected bugs in the system its plain and simple these 'technical dificulties" are bugs they have in the system after putting the patch in or the game isnt accepting the patch
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I love how people think Season 7 is coming out today. :P
  • cjcarl12cjcarl12 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Glad i took 3 days off vacation....
  • mwaldron99mwaldron99 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ozujsko wrote: »
    already did that all and still bored,now i am only waiting brian come hear and says sorry all we got critical error and we lost all your stuff,please start over in season 7:o

Hey I work from home doing remote support for IT. I can login, but I have enough to keep me busy. :)
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's an technical difficulty between the chair and the keyboard :rolleyes:

this made me lol
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
    edited November 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    What? I'm supposed to be at work 24-7? I live in the UK. I finnished work an hour ago.

Look up what 'majority' means.

So you don't work. I knew it. :rolleyes:
    edited November 2012
    noooooooooooo.

I haz a mission to make.

I know one of my fleet leaders is gonna be p**sed - she was planning on grinding the last piece of MACO ground she needs today...

Looking forward to watching her vent her wrath in the Fleet channel :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.