test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Role-playing fleets

Comments

• devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately your lies are falling on deaf ears. Either that or you are severely in denial. Its not just ONE person/fleet complaining about such behavior ITS MANY. So please stop your propaganda. Its not fooling anybody. :mad:
    I find your nonchalant dismissal of your fleet's behavior extremely offensive. And I'd appreciate it if you stopped this fake 'wounded victim' characterization. Unless of course you want to suggest that our FRAPS videos, of your fleets behavior, are somehow fantasies that have been pulled from our daydreams and doctored with Sony Vegas....
    Or that everyone else, who has been harassed and "trolled" by your members, is crazy, except you....

P.S. another example of your propaganda-pushing: is the phrase i higlighted. News flash: LOTS OF TICKETS, for various subjects, DON'T GET ANSWERED FOR WEEKS ON END!!! It has nothing to do with your imagined 'victim' status!!

That's a rather angry looking post. It is possible to communicate dissatisfaction without such an emotive post.

If you have complaints about behaviour you can approach us about it. If you have fraps of something wrong post it on youtube and link it. If you are concerned that a link may be a ToS issue you can mail it to us directly for action.

You should change your angle on victim blaming. I've been the victim of very serious harassment which I ticketed and GM staff responded with action they deemed suitable. One thread had statements so offensive and inappropriate that it was shut down in under an hour.

We are a high profile roleplaying guild and there are a lot of crackpots who attack us and try to discredit us. If people are making false statements publicly expect us to respond. It's not propaganda it's the truth.

STO's first fleet is still here after years, not because of slow ticket processing, but because we play the game within the rules. You are also welcome to participate in our public roleplaying events.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited June 2013
    all the syllogistic fallacies in the world aren't going to change FACTS.

Second you know very well that there are rules for posting names. Even if they are in links.

And the fact that you are mocking me and others by saying that we solely "should talk to you" about these things, when you have never shown interest in changing your ways, just shows that you have no intention of changing your ways.
    And you don't role-play. You mock and harass other serious role-players by openly sabotaging their experience with a severe underlying disdain for people who are attempting to act.

Lastly, since your attitude is obviously one that isn't taking these situations seriously, and is only feigning interest to simple cover your back-sides (something which has been thoroughly documented), this is your third strike. Good bye.

I'm quite serious and all you're doing is mocking me. I'm not going to stoop to this level of behaviour. It is clear that you cannot provide any evidence and when questioned you refuse to provide it. Your statements are clearly untrue.

What are my first and second strikes? My third strike is for telling the truth and responding to your post quoting ToS violating content. I did this to discuss the issues rather than just responding with a ticket.

Don't expect me to respond to your bullying behaviour, and don't expect that you can attack me personally without a response or defense. As I suggested in my previous post you could respond without all the emotive attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One burning question I have, regarding the roleplaying fleets. Namely: what do you guys and gals DO? Do you just do the regular fleet activities/STFs/etc, or are there other, less orthodox group activities that you organize as well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zekeferrignozekeferrigno Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    all the syllogistic fallacies in the world aren't going to change FACTS.

Second you know very well that there are rules for posting names. Even if they are in links.

And the fact that you are mocking me and others by saying that we solely "should talk to you" about these things, when you have never shown interest in changing your ways, just shows that you have no intention of changing your ways.
    And you don't role-play. You mock and harass other serious role-players by openly sabotaging their experience with a severe underlying disdain for people who are attempting to act.

Lastly, since your attitude is obviously one that isn't taking these situations seriously, and is only feigning interest to simple cover your back-sides (something which has been thoroughly documented), this is your third strike. Good bye.

I am one of these casual RPer that you criticized like a ragin douche and I'd like to say I have never been the victim of this supposed slanderous harassment that you are claiming happens to RPers and I go out of my way to casually RP with those guys. Could it be you guys that are supposedly the true HARDCORE ZOMG RPers have no sense of humor and are foiled by your own elitist petard that you can't laugh at the amazing sound of KOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH? That sounds like your problems, not those fellas. You are just mad and mint jelly your RP fleet isn't the Harlem Globetrotters of RP fleets.
    Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it. - Bubba
  • kpts4tvkpts4tv Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    5th Special Operations Division

We are a rather small RP fleet of about 20 active members. We are a very welcoming group and are currently looking for new members! We have established fleet lore, a website with forum (5thsod.shivtr.com) and we RP regularly.

If you are interesting in knowing more about our group, simply contact our Commanding Officer, @ubermatten, or myself, the XO, @kpts4tv. Or you can contact either of us on our website!
    Bayliss_zpsc8bc405d.png
  • jayclarke11jayclarke11 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Alpha Centauri Institute is a Role Playing guild for Cryptic's MMO: Star Trek Online.

We are a group of players wishing to bring a fun yet structured and authentic Star Trek role playing experience into Cryptic's MMO.

The Alpha Centauri Institute itself is a Starfleet controlled private organization that works heavily with fringe area science and technology recovered from Captain Janeway's trip into the Delta Quadrant.

Originally, the Alpha Centauri Institute was a privatized research and exploration foundation that had multiple successful missions in the early 23rd and 24th centuries. After (then) Captain Janeway returned from the Delta Quadrant, ACI requested access to information that she uncovered during her 7 year expedition.

Assessing information quickly and with great success, the ACI proved its worth to Starfleet in the years following the Voyager's return. Many advanced ships deployed in the 25th century would not be operable without the work the ACI completed. Starfleet began to notice the ACI's quick thinking members and expressed interest in it after ACI completed its work on the Delta Quadrant material.

After being absorbed by Starfleet in 2386, the Alpha Centauri Institute shifted from an exploratory group of private scientists to a full fledged Starfleet operated division, full of Officers who wished to get their hands on advanced technology before the rest of Starfleet.

The ACI has been granted clearance for its own private "military guard" which both Starfleet officers and non-Starfleet officers are a part of. The ACI Guard is deployed with experimental technology that future Starfleet ships of the line may never even see.

Requesting a transfer into the ACI is a tricky process but advancing through its ranks is quite rewarding. Members of ACI can make great connections in Starfleet and gain lifelong friends who share their interest in exploration and advanced technology.

I am Fleet Captain Anoyda the new Fleet Liaison Officer and you can contact me by contacting
    aci.guildportal.com
    or @Jay.Clarke

I look forward to speaking with you soon.
  • mordevmordev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Solo player looking to do some Roleplaying right here. I'll be RPing on either my Romulan, Elestel, or my Orion, Natasha. Both are @Felnorn.
  • popcorn50501popcorn50501 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    this was a good thread
  • cadorisukcadorisuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello Everyone.

As I'm newish to STO I want to keep it brief...
    I have recently started playing and am looking for RP, but reading the list I cannot figure out which of the Fleets on the first page are UFP / KDF or Romulan.

I am a keep RP'er and have been at it for a couple of years (18 give or take) MMO and table top.

Predominantly I am looking for a KDF RP fleet to join/ RP with, but failing that, a UFP fleet is good.

My characters are still low level, but they are slowly but surly getting there.

You can contact me in game on @cadorisuk, or just pm me here or ingame if I'm not online.

If need be I can participate in a RP test.;)
    Worlds are conquered, galaxies destroyed...but a woman is always a woman.
  • biowebbioweb Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello. My name in game is Lola@Ladiation. I've tried looking for fleets that rp in game to no avail. So if anyone is looking for another to join please contact me.
  • btcaubtcau Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I would like to add the 52nd Legion to the list of KDF Roleplaying Fleets.

We are a Medium-Heavy roleplaying Fleet that is the sister Fleet of the 26th Legion. We have just recently split from our role as the holding fleet for the Federation 26th Fleet KDF alts in order to stand alone and create another place for KDF players to come and RP in and out of STO. But, we need more dedicated, quality roleplayers to help with this.

The link to our homepage is in my signature and I can also be contacted in-game @btcau through PM, tell, friend request, or in-game mail. The website message system is also a very good way to reach me.

If I'm not available you can also contact @dregoth666. He is our XO in charge of recruiting for the Fleet.

Thanks for your consideration.
    Kaiji, Starbase 249 (@btcau)
    Overseer - 52nd Legion [KDF, RP]
    Star Trek: 52nd Legion Official Website / 52nd Legion Recruitment Thread
  • lolastrangelolastrange Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hello,

I would like to extend an invitation to fellow role-players who are interested in participating in a new fleet project. USS Calypso is an in game fleet/group based on the workings of one monarchy class Federation ship. The goal for this newly born role-play project is to create a character development driven atmosphere since all of the characters are members aboard the USS Calypso in character. We would love to capture that Enterprise feel with our own in character flares and twists.

This is not meant to be a group of fleet admirals and similar super ranks, but instead the crew of one ship. While we want to preserve a solid Star Trek feeling in our role-play, this is not an unreasonably strict group and we welcome role-players who may not have a lot of knowledge in the Star Trek universe so that they may learn along the way. We would love to hear your ideas upon joining, as you will help shape this project in its infant stages.

We are currently about 75% of the way to Starbase Tier I.

Thank you for your consideration,
    USS Calypso (contact: @lolastrange, @dcoolest1neva)
  • kpnoisewaterkpnoisewater Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would not go as far as saying 26th Fleet are douchebags but..... They are not very helpful to new members coming in. I have been with them and left them shortly after. They do not communicate well with new members and they only focus on there own stories.
  • nador67nador67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well, the Jevonite Order is currently a one person group. One of the few Cardassian fans that will not commit to a faction until the Cardassians are officially in the game (and hoping the Cardassians are a playable faction).

I do RP, so if anyone wants to RP a Cardassian based storyline (whether you are a Cardassian or UFP ally of Cardassians), then look me up.

Marritza@quatok

or Nador@quatok.

I'll be making a few more Cardassian characters as well.

Also, have Foundry missions published if you want to RP a mission or have an RP setting.
  • madmaninabox4madmaninabox4 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm a huge Trek fan and even though I don't want to change fleets at the moment I would love to start role playing if any one can message me with detail on how to start. @ Chrismpky

My main character Kuras is a Federation Klingon with what I think is an interesting back story.
  • ravenwingguardravenwingguard Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Morello@ravenwingguard

Civvie non-combat sample farmer is what I do in-game mechanics-wise. And yes, I'm happy doing just that.

My story is so much more. Gimme a chat if you want to find out who this odd fellow is.

Heavy-RPer.
  • mondiormondior Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Greetings all.

It's really nice to see a RP community here. My friend and I are totally new to the game,and being so new, we don't really know the community. So I was hoping that if I described us, we might get some help in finding a home.

We're avid PVPers, but felt something was missing from our gaming experience in our other game. Being Trek fans, we came here. He's a regular table topper and I'm a former Shadowclan member (Hoowah!), so we're not new to RP. We will primarily be playing together. We use telepathy with each other (see Ventrilo) :), especially as we get our feet wet in the game and learn the basics. We play 2 or 3 nights a week, sometimes more sometimes less in North America EST. We're looking for an active Federation fleet that is welcoming to two green junior officers who are enthusiastic, but may ask some stupid questions. We'd like to eventually contribute to a rich RP experience. I can assure anyone that having us around will, if nothing else, serve as a source of amusement.

Looking forward to making some great friends here. Please feel free to contact me here, or in game at @mondior. Thank you!
  • roho487roho487 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi, I'm a long time player of STO and looking for a great RP experience. I'm a huge trek fan and I'm looking for like minded RP's to join with, PM me if interested. Hope to here from you!
  • leninroxsoxleninroxsox Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yo, been looking for any sort of STO RP for a while, used to do some but the group I was with died a long while back.

My In game handle is @leninroxsox

Thanks
  • sirovaisirovai Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Greetings!

Shadow Fleet is a professionally run forum-based Star Trek role-playing game set in the late-24th century (after Star Trek Nemesis in the Star Trek timeline). Our fleet is made up of players from a variety of different backgrounds who have come together to contribute their own unique point-of-view to a storyline in one of our SIMMs, usually set aboard a Starfleet vessel.

Tired of waiting days for a reply to your story post? Is your RPG suffering from inactivity? We typically have anywhere from 150-300 new posts everyday! Player and ship activity levels are constantly monitored to ensure a quality experience is had by all. The forum has been in operation since 2007 and has been getting more popular ever since! Today, we are at the highest activity levels in our history and the quality of our roleplayers is second to none.

We are a very structured RPG with rules and regulations that are there to ensure a positive role-playing experience is had by all. However, this does not mean there is not fun to be had! During your time as a member on one of our SIMMs, you will be able to grow and expand your character in many ways, including the opportunity to progress through the Starfleet rank structure with the promise of real certificates, ribbons and rewards for good effort and positive contribution. The very best players will even make it to Commander Level Officer status and take command of a SIMM, leading the players beneath them, not just in-character, but also from an out-of-character perspective by planning missions, dealing with player disputes and organizing SIMM-based special events.

What makes us different to the other RPGs out there is our sense of community. With all of our SIMMs contained on one forum, our members are free to interact with everyone in the fleet on some level, making for some great discussions and fostering friendships that perhaps wouldn't otherwise occur. By having this type of organization, it is also easier to transfer players between ships allowing for experience of different posting styles and command types, making for a real mixing pot of characters.

Our current task force consists of the following:

The USS Discovery [NCC-78393-A] - Akira class. Currently into their 9th season!
    The USS Churchill [NCC-75214] - Intrepid class. Currently into their 3rd season.
    The USS Gettysburg [NCC-71829] - Galaxy class. Currently into their 1st season.
    The USS Gibson [NCC-72922] - Nova class. Currently into their 2nd season.

There are openings for the majority of departments in the task force.

After reading this you feel you want to join our fleet, simply head along to our forum and create an account. From there, click on the "Fleet Applications - Join Here!" board (highlighted in orange) and have a read of the "Notes for submitting your application" topic. After reading through this, should you have any questions, feel free to email us or check out our for help files section for more information.

Kind regards,

Shadow Fleet
  • christiangrixchristiangrix Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As a member of the Churchill for the last 6 months, I can recommend it whole heartedly. I have played on many other Simms but have to say this is the best not only for the actual RP but overall friendliness and speed of the game.
  • mondiormondior Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sirovai wrote: »
    After reading this you feel you want to join our fleet, simply head along to our forum and create an account. From there, click on the "Fleet Applications - Join Here!" board (highlighted in orange) and have a read of the "Notes for submitting your application" topic. After reading through this, should you have any questions, feel free to email us or check out our for help files section for more information.

Kind regards,

Shadow Fleet

It sounds intriguing. I'm a little confused though. Are you a fleet in STO or is it just a forum based community?
  • sirovaisirovai Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mondior wrote: »
    It sounds intriguing. I'm a little confused though. Are you a fleet in STO or is it just a forum based community?

Hi,

We are a forum based community. However, a few of us do play STO.

Kind regards

Shadow Fleet
  • fireborn7734fireborn7734 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey, I'm quite new to STO but I have role-played many, many, many times before and to be perfectly honest the reason I started out on STO was to look for role-play. I've role-played on games like Neverwinter, LOTRO, Mount & Blade: Warband (Solgaard Role-play, Warband Role-play and Persistent World Mod), Lord of the Craft, Firefall, Mortal Online and dozens of forums so experience isn't a problem.

I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good Klingon Role-play fleet looking for new members,

thanks.
  • crimsonspectre3crimsonspectre3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm new to this game (a few days to be exact) and this is the first MMORPG I've ever played, but I'm interested in trying some roleplay. This game just seems dry without people to talk to ya know? In any case I don't actually understand roleplay that much so I'm not trying to be a burden to anyone. Feel free to ignore me if you don't want to deal with a newbie. My character is Harper@wondercat2 if anyone is interested I suppose.
  • firebat239firebat239 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So Hello bros and girls.

I came to Star Trek after hearing it had roleplay and I do love and enjoy RPing. (NOTE: I'm a low level (Rank 7) right now but I will try to get to the mid-ranks... maybe high-ranks... I'm also part of the Federation)
    I started Roleplaying in Fallen Earth and Cortex but I know that roleplaying in STO will be a different experience for me... I just gotta know where to find the RP and get into a fleet and get taught some things

Character is Firebat
    Ship is U.S.S. Feuer-Sturm
  • shialekshialek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi, I have been an avid roleplayer for many years. I love STO but cannot find roleplayers that are interesting, or most want you to come up to them and be all 'hi there I am so and so', or it's always happy go lucky. I feel there is more to rp than that. I made a new toon recently to rp with cause my most used one is in a pve fleet. if interested in rping message me!
  • l3th4l5tr1k3l3th4l5tr1k3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hello all. I am Cpt. Cho'Ka of the U.S.S. Highlander. I am sending out this transmission in hopes to establish communications with an unknown RP Fleet. I rp'd in WoW a little but thats not really my type of game. Looking to join an established rp fleet that would be willing to try me out. You can pm me at Cho'Ka@L3th4l5tr1k3
  • gunsang1gunsang1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm posting on behalf of the "629th ODF" (Oribital Drop Fleet).

We are an all-around roleplaying fleet of roughly 7+ tight-nit players that have recently started out on STO after a long departure. Our fleet is all about having a more relaxed approach to the Star Trek Online lore and gameplay, and about having fun. There are no major restrictions to the Fleet except for the obvious no-no's (that I can't honestly think of right now). We are currently Federation side only.

We all know each other on a personal level, and we have a couple of major PvE grinders (including myself) that keep the fleet progressing in it's levels. We're a fleet that cares and supports each other, and we treat one another as a human with respect. We don't expect any PvE participation, but members are always welcome to hop along and have fun. We're always willing to teach new roleplayers and people that are new to STO itself or any of the content, and even give a small boost to players needing that extra edge. As a fleet, we refrain from Pvp, so doing such activities will be represented by your own part and not the fleet's.

As of right now, we're all split off into different activities (meaning we're not on all at once all the time anymore--for now though), and we frequently skype. We always welcome another person to have fun no matter what game we're in, even if it's just to chat. You can always catch my obnoxious self in Drozana station spouting or doing random things if you have any questions. :P My handle is Gunsang@Gunsang.

Thank you for this list. I'll be keeping an eye out for other Roleplay Fleets. We're also willing to lend a hand in terms of PvE resources to other fleets in need.
  • varzecvarzec Member Posts: 129 Media Corps
    edited February 2014
    Hey Everyone. I just wanted to note new blog starting up on PriorityOnePodcast.com

http://priorityonepodcast.com/role-players-guide-to-the-galaxy/

If you had feedback or ideas for making roleplay better. Please post comments!
    original.jpg?1521423860