test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upcoming Focus Testing - Vesta

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

I wanted to give you a heads up that you may be seeing a few Vestas flying around on Tribble in the near future. We'd like to let you know we'll be doing some volunteer, focused testing on the Vesta by some members of the community.

For this testing phase, we've looked for members of the community who have a history of testing new additions on Tribble and/ or providing succinct, constructive (positive and negative) feedback regarding additions. They and other peers they recommended will be playtesting the Vesta in group and solo play.

Some of the testing that will occur with the Vesta includes:

• PvP
  • STFs
  • PvE
  • Powers
  • Costumes/ Patterns

We'd like to continue doing this in the future so please continue to provide constructive feedback on your Tribble playtests and you never know--you might even be selected by me or recommended by a peer for future testing!

Please let me know if you have any questions by replying to this thread and I'll answer what I can :)

P.S. We'll be releasing a Dev Blog on the Vesta, including stats and powers, in the near future.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sign me up. Lifer, PvE'er, and Trekkie Class 10.
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would like to volunteer.

I also ask the question... does this perk transfer over to Holodeck somehow/someway or is this just a tribble-thing?

Regardless... This is an interesting step in game-testing/QA process. Hope to see more like it in the future.
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sign me up also, would love to give some feed back.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hi Captains,

I wanted to give you a heads up that you may be seeing a few Vestas flying around on Tribble in the near future. We'd like to let you know we'll be doing some volunteer, focused testing on the Vesta by some members of the community.

For this testing phase, we've looked for members of the community who have a history of testing new additions on Tribble and/ or providing succinct, constructive (positive and negative) feedback regarding additions. They and other peers they recommended will be playtesting the Vesta in group and solo play.

• PvP
    • STFs
    • PvE
    • Powers
    • Costumes/ Patterns

We'd like to continue doing this in the future so please continue to provide constructive feedback on your Tribble playtests and you never know--you might even be selected by me or recommended by a peer for future testing!

Please let me know if you have any questions by replying to this thread and I'll answer what I can :)

P.S. We'll be releasing a Dev Blog on the Vesta, including stats and powers, in the near future.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Sign me up. F2P, but willing to test and provide some feedback :)
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    icegavel wrote: »
    Sign me up. Lifer, PvE'er, and Trekkie Class 10.

He means they've already got their elite group of people playing them.

So now you just write down everyone's @ name and when you buy it and if you hate it you'll know who to blame.

Focus our hate gentlemen...

*kidding btw*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Brandon, sign me up for testing :-)

I've got "the itch"
    Belief manifests reality
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Epic awesomeness!
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    jkirk13jkirk13 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sign me up as well. I LOVE testing ships!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ehh; kind of strange way of testing especially for you guys cryptic (in my opinion this seems like a Perfect World way of test because they don't want to give everyone a chance to test the ship then decide not to buy it on Holodeck.) either way I would like to volunteer for the PvE aspect I don't really have the best builds for STFs.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    would love to test it but from reading it , it sounds like if you have complained about the dilithium cost of the new rep system you aint got a chance of testing it :P . i also beta tested another game but won't say what (sc) ;)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    comkiller007comkiller007 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hey Brandon I have beta tested many other games and am a Lifetime member of STO. I would love the opportunity to beta test more often new and up coming features to STO other than what is currently being test for season seven. Thank you, Com.
  • Options
    averyddaverydd Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Count me in :)

Drools at vesta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Original Join Date May 2009 - Real 1000 Day Veteran
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    what does it matter if you have a life time sub or not ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am in for that since I will be done in a few days
    I will be ready for tribble

35 finaly romulan featured all I have to say warbirds on roids! taris 2 of them ouch! done though
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'd see if I could break the costume, I guess.

I know a number of ways to break ground costumes and reported them a long time ago.

But, honestly, I don't have a lot of time and unless there's something mechanically novel I can try to break, I can't provide a lot.

If there is something mechanically novel (transwarps, side firing weapons, weapons that change weapon type situationally, costume change, aggro redirection, time freezing, ship switching in space) I can probably find out how and when it breaks (because it will, somewhere) and give solid repro steps.

I'm probably not at the top of anybody's list for giving more feedback at the moment. I promise, no crazy design rants. But it's probably only worth having me on the list if it does something weird that other ships don't do that somebody has a feeling might break things. It's not that I'm personally crazy about the Vesta but I like the challenge of figuring out how to break things.

Like the Timeship set bonus power bugs, the stuff you can do with the stasis pistol, the costume editor tricks, and how Klingons got to ESD. (It took me a solid three hours once I got in game of trying things but I did report how that was done.)

If it's just a sci-vessel with cannons, though... I'm sure other people would enjoy testing it more and I'd hate to take their chance away.

Also, I'm out of town this weekend.
  • Options
    theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm not an expert at "breaking" things, but I am pretty attentive to detail and am willing to write up a pretty comprehensive report should I be selected for this. I do PvP, elite space STF's, and fleet mission PvE regularly so if you want an experienced veteran with an eye for detail (and someone who will try out every piece of space set gear and costume options and different weapons, etc.) then let me know! I'm also someone who is planning to buy the Vesta upon release (as well as the Andorian battlecruiser) so I certainly have a vested interest in providing feedback!

cheers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • Options
    caileachcaileach Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'd like to!
    When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative: violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way.
  • Options
    matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited October 2012
    Hi Captains,

• PvP
    • STFs
    • PvE
    • Powers
    • Costumes/ Patterns

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

too bad this isnt done with more pressing things.
  • Options
    eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I know I haven't been as active lately as I used to, but I've got more free time than usual from now until December, and I'm willing to test out the Vesta.
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hi Captains,

• PvP
    • STFs
    • PvE
    • Powers
    • Costumes/ Patterns

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    I'd like to test this for you, but I don't like science ships.
  • Options
    mellestadstomellestadsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Great idea! While you're at it, go back in time and have someone test the Atrox, and have that person tell the dude who created it we need a hull material option that lets us see our hull patterns.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Great idea! While you're at it, go back in time and have someone test the Atrox, and have that person tell the dude who created it we need a hull material option that lets us see our hull patterns.

i think you want jamjamz or what ever name he goes by as he did that ship
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This is pretty cool, I noticed what I think is the Vesta in ESD - but seeing them flying around would be great.
  • Options
    jorial892jorial892 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have played many stf's and other pve stuff my fleet does weekly pvp, i would love to give the ship a go, and put her threw her paces assuming everything gets there and is not due on tuesday..... ;)
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I volunteer for Vesta testing. I can run 'er through her paces.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Let me handle her shakedown cruise, you know all too well how I'll find flaws. ;)
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    whenever a new ship is introduced, it has a large effect on pvp. it brings a new combination of station powers and movement ability, it can fundamentally change team coordination and tactics. as an accomplished pvp'er i believe i would be a good candidate to test how well the ship is balanced, in the one place balance is relevant, pvp.

i have several of the tribbles and other rewards from testing, i got a character to admiral during the F2P testing too.

in game handle is @dontdrunkimshoot
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'd love to try it out. :D (@marhawkman)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ferrus3ferrus3 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hi if you're still looking for testers to try out the Vesta count me in, I have purchased almost all of the C-Store ships and know their pro's and con's. I would be more than happy to provide my feedback to the vesta.
This discussion has been closed.