test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skyrocketing Costs and Gear Nerfing Threaten to Force Me Out

Comments

• levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That dilithium you get from doing STFs? Gone in S7

Want to grind and upgrade your doffs to a higher quality? Frak you, pay me. It will cost Dilithium now.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Guys, pipe in and show Cryptic ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ffs.

what is the cost to upgrade? currently 10 dilt at the main personel officer for 5 common to 1 green
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Oow jeez, your kidding right ? They nerfed plasma torps into the toilet and even the garbage REMAN set dont buff em enough , and now they're going to add a second one ? I'm so glad I don't run torps on my main anymore.

nope...on another thread someone posted screen shots of the new borg set...and on this new set it said kinectic cutting beam and omega plasma torp launcher....truthfully...the beam is the only thing im looking forward too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • tvlartvlar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I disagree completley with removing dilithium from STFs and am neutral in the duty officer thing, but where does it say they will do that?

IF, and I say IF, they time-gate Dilithium in STF for Special Events only, it can be truthfully said that dilithium was NOT removed from STF.

I haven't seen Cryptic release any information on the topic of Dilithium.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    Have you turned 56 yet? Are you still going to chastise me for saying the game might not be around for your 60th?

Well hello Mr. Glutton...
    Come back for more Punishment?

:P

While what appears to be coming down the pipeline, is in no way desirable as far as many of us around here are concerned...

It also appears that to many folks playing the game, it's not that big of a deal.

I have always known that we Forum-ites, are but a paltry part of the STO player-base.
    (I know that's a large crumb to swallow, but choke it down and keep reading ;))

It's very apparent with the constant flash-messages of people acquiring Lock-box Ships, that there is a large contingent of players that have no concern for what "WE" consider undesirable and game breaking.
    (i.e. ...they just don't give a damn)

This rather dry factoid is the main reason why I believe this game WILL in all likely-hood, be around for another six years.

(I'm turning 54 on Monday, don't make me out to be older than I already am :mad:)

BTW: I actually do have the perfect chastity device for you...
    ........... It involves a rather large rubber-ball and a blindfold. :P
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    what is the cost to upgrade? currently 10 dilt at the main personel officer for 5 common to 1 green

General Recruitment (the basic DOff pack) - 1,000
    Reassign Underperforming Officers (crunch 5 into 1 of the next higher quality)
    Common - 500 (600 at race specific vendor)
    Uncommon - 2500 (3000 at race specific vendor)
    Rare - 5000 (6000 at race specific vendor)

Frak you, PAY ME!!!! (Goodfellaz FTW)
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Doff killing price changes = reasonable.

5000 on anything is RIDICULOUS.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
    edited October 2012

Well...

That will certainly slow down my Alt Star Base Advancement...

Guess I'm looking at 75 years old till it's done now.

<chuckle>
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I created a whole thread just the other day about them removing the "console clicks" for the investigate officer daily mission for 1440 dilth - community Mod 'syberghost' agreed that this "was" going to happen. Then Branflakes came on and posted that this was false and that we should stop listening to zone chat - then he close the thread.

The mods do not work for Cryptic, so he has no clue what they are doing...Branflakes does so I would go with Brandon.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    khayuung wrote: »
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Doff killing price changes = reasonable.

5000 on anything is RIDICULOUS.

I agree with you....i want to know WHY they did this in the first place....then again they "Fix" stuff that "isn't" broken and say that its "working as intended"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • ridinginkridingink Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I can say right now that this is Cryptic testing us. So get out there and tell them we WILL NOT accept an endless grind. We are having massive issues filling projects with doffs as it is. Most of us have been bled dry of our dilithium as it is with these special projects and other starbase projects.

So as of right now I am saying I WILL NOT ALLOW them to have the doff system and massive dilithium ammounts together.

I got two proposals:

Raise the dilithium cap to 20k and have all events that give dilithium give x2 of current ammounts.

or

Allow us to individualy select the doffs we will get for our extra expense.

Of course I think were are more or less content with the current system. Why break whats working?;)
    bb8ec35.png

• evostvoevostvo Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The OP is right on, problem is there are too many stupid people to realize this, and STO counts on the stupid people to pay them, when i logged back in only to see boxes with a random chance for a decent item i new it was time to go, i am sick of these games that make you pay real $$ only to get a chance at something, i mean wtf, this is why i miss subscription based games, all the propaganda that Sub based games are dead is such bull**** and was created/rumored by these money hungry developers who are already making more then most of us but greed takes over and they want more and more and more, just because groceries are outrageously overpriced and people can't fill there fridge does not mean everyone has to do it, let alone an AA MMO. The games bugs are WAY out of hand, most have been around from launch, it so damn annoying we let this happen to us, i wish we could protest and get everyone to stop playing until they get there greedy arses up an realize not everyone can afford the best in game stuff, this game is truly heading down a path to Pay to Win and it's very sad to see people who have been here from launch and have hardly nothing due to the changes in currency, do you developers have no feelings?
    edited October 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Well hello Mr. Glutton...
    Come back for more Punishment?

:P

While what appears to be coming down the pipeline, is in no way desirable as far as many of us around here are concerned...

It also appears that to many folks playing the game, it's not that big of a deal.

I have always known that we Forum-ites, are but a paltry part of the STO player-base.
    (I know that's a large crumb to swallow, but choke it down and keep reading ;))

It's very apparent with the constant flash-messages of people acquiring Lock-box Ships, that there is a large contingent of players that have no concern for what "WE" consider undesirable and game breaking.
    (i.e. ...they just don't give a damn)

This rather dry factoid is the main reason why I believe this game WILL in all likely-hood, be around for another six years.

(I'm turning 54 on Monday, don't make me out to be older than I already am :mad:)

BTW: I actually do have the perfect chastity device for you...
    ........... It involves a rather large rubber-ball and a blindfold. :P

You are correct - 54 - my mistake - happy bithday - at least I am the only one on the forums that seems to remember!

But yes - 6 more years?? Hmm

I can tell you 2 things:

1) Finishing the tier 3 starbase and getting that big monkey off my back has certainly lessoned any stress I have about the game - crazy that someone should be stressed about a computer game??!!

2)Doffing is almost all I do these days so if they totally kill that - well - there have been a LOT of things I have been letting slip over the last few months that I guess I will be getting around to.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    I agree with you....i want to know WHY they did this in the first place....then again they "Fix" stuff that "isn't" broken and say that its "working as intended"

There is only speculation why they are doing such a drastic move in cutting more of our Dilithium Income (STFs) and increasing the Dilithium cost of free DOFFs.

One theory has it that its a move to go after DOFF Farmers. Another, has it that free DOFFs are being nerfed to get people to buy C-store DOFF Packs or get DOFFs from Lockboxes. Either way, it's a lose / lose situation for all but the wealthiest of players.

Personally, I think Cryptic is shooting themselves in the foot. But can't help this this feeling that PW is intentionally trying to kill STO in order to get out of the IP and use their new foot in the door (Cryptic) to really open up the Western Market.
    edited October 2012
    There is only speculation why they are doing such a drastic move in cutting more of our Dilithium Income (STFs) and increasing the Dilithium cost of free DOFFs.

One theory has it that its a move to go after DOFF Farmers. Another, has it that free DOFFs are being nerfed to get people to buy C-store DOFF Packs or get DOFFs from Lockboxes. Either way, it's a lose / lose situation for all but the wealthiest of players.

Personally, I think Cryptic is shooting themselves in the foot. But can't help this this feeling that PW is intentionally trying to kill STO in order to get out of the IP and use their new foot in the door (Cryptic) to really open up the Western Market.

I have being thinking the same thing - the LTS sale - all the new changes to force players to give up may be "working as Intended"

KDF population seems to be getting less and less due to neglect - is this "working as intended" as well?
    edited October 2012
    ridingink wrote: »
    I can say right now that this is Cryptic testing us. So get out there and tell them we WILL NOT accept an endless grind. We are having massive issues filling projects with doffs as it is. Most of us have been bled dry of our dilithium as it is with these special projects and other starbase projects.

So as of right now I am saying I WILL NOT ALLOW them to have the doff system and massive dilithium amounts together.

I've got two proposals:

Raise the dilithium cap to 20k and have all events that give dilithium give x2 of current amounts.

or

Allow us to individually select the doffs we will get for our extra expense.

Of course I think were are more or less content with the current system. Why break whats working?;)

Personally, I just won't trade in/upgrade DOffs that cost an exorbitant amount of Dilithium.

It's just not worth it.

And this probably really means that I'll also pretty much give up on advancing my Alt Starbase

Acquiring anything of real value for my toons in the game now-a-days, is becoming much too complicated and expensive...

They hooked me in when the game was a fun way to really enjoy another aspect of Star Trek...
    Too bad They are driving me away with what has essentially become another job that They want me to pay Them to do.

:(
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    evostvo wrote: »
    i mean wtf, this is why i miss subscription based games, all the propaganda that Sub based games are dead is such bull**** and was created/rumored by these money hungry developers who are already making more then most of us?

Sub games are dead...TOR
    GwaoHAD.png
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    5k for a random purple doff...way to break things cryptic. ever think of exactly what that will do to the economy of the game? and eliminating dilithium rewards while adding yet more expense? ye, crafting worked so well as a dilithium sink, starbases did better. doff grinding people will ignore because cost vs reward just isn't there. meanwhile driving up the prices and doff's in the exchange.

yeah, i get the pogram, typical PWE tactic, make everything such a huge grind and hope people stay and grind for it. usuallly at the same time hoping the easier methods, or adding new ones to the cash shop will be utilized more.

that use to work rather well, times change however. more choices on the market than ever before in mmo's, wiser player base, players who have seen this **** before and can guess the direction every thing's heading and just drop the game. and this is directly to PWE, i've already left all of your games except this one for that reason.

But hey, what does a player know eh? you tend to think every player is a mindless cash spending, grinding drone. 'they like the grind, they like working for little reward' that's the prob, a game shouldn't be work. that's why they're called games. challenge yes, what challenge is there in having to repeatedly grind the same **** over and over? for less rewards as it seems you're planning?

what challenge is there in spending that hard earned currency of whatever type for some random TRIBBLE? that costs you considerably more just to get the 5 to grind in the first place?

i don't mind the set changes, i like seing new content...but there's no need to fix what ain't broken. and no need to modify anything in the false hope of making more cash. the rarity of purple even in z-store doff packs is well known...and they're random too.

so tell me...why would people once the new systems hits even bother to grind or buy doff packs? in your balance passes and strategy sessions...did anyone ever bother to think of that? they're not required, you can get by with the starters, get lucky on assignments. so what incentive does any player have in S7 to gamble for something they don't absolutely need? to spend so much with a resource, either cash or dilithium that takes so much more work real world or in game to get?

it just boggles me how you let stuff like this go through, it's like no one there thinks anything through at all.

'hey bob i have a great idea,' 'really stan? lets throw it out in the next season, no need to test or think about it, we're always right'
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
    edited October 2012
    stark2k wrote: »
    The two statements above will probably do it for me. This is because the risinig cost of common doff for starbase projects has just now tripled due to the above.

Doff are needed for starbase projects - and the free doff packs at the academy was a saving grace in acquiring starbase needed resource.

So you think that the price of doffs are going to rise again from their post season six rock bottom prices?

They should rise as many are now worth less than before season six. Of course I don't think they will hit the common sensor doff max of $1.7 million

yeah I actually was able to sell a few common sensor doffs in the $1.6 million range
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have to be honest, with this news I think I am done. The game is now Farmville of the outmost equation.

I love STO, but now it's no longer an MMO or even a game - Its turning into a nightmare virtual job. Starbases will now become near impossible to upgrade correctly - the new changes to the starfleet academy doff pack acquisition is going to make those much needed common doff in the exchange skyrocket in price.

They are currently anywhere from 50k to 140K - expect those needed common doff to double or even triple in price.

The possible removal or even time gated Dilithium acquisition for STF will slow things down alot or become more of a hindrance.

Season 7 has presented some of the worst changes to STO and has brought very little on the positive side.

I invested too much on a dead end game - 2 Lifer accounts, 40+ toons - most cstore ships purchased, and so on.... in the end we are getting hit hard with more tedious Grinding, while presenting nothing in expansion pack and storyline. Cryptic exploiting players to use the foundry to do their job, that is in presenting true content for their game.

I'm soo tired and weary now - I have worked soo hard to help my fleet to advance in our starbase tier - and now all that will come to a sudden and a unbearable crawl with the doff dilemma. I'm sry guys, but now with this news, its just gotten me so worned out.

If anything I guess I'll just play the foundry missions only and nothing else, at least I can enjoy the stories of some of the most talented story telling players I've seen. Its a shame that STO is severely heading deeper in the wrong direction. They are killing Star Trek Online.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So you think that the price of doffs are going to rise again from their post season six rock bottom prices?

The should rise as many are now worth less than before season six. Of course I don't think they will hit the common sensor doff max of $1.7 million

yeah I actually was able to sell a few common sensor doffs in the $1.6 million range

I am referring to common whites, and not uncommon, rare, or even very rare. I am looking at it from starbase project acquisition for tier porgression.

I use to buy them for 1k to 5K apiece - the prices for sensor white, medical whites are around 50K to 140K - with the upcoming news, expect for those doff prices to double or triple in value.

They will increase, its not a matter "If" but when. This will hinder starbase projects - I do not know if Cryptic is doing this intentionally to slow down fleets from progressing, or de-railing the entire system for some unknown cause enveloped in making even more money.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    edited October 2012
    stark2k wrote: »
    I have to be honest, with this news I think I am done. The game is now Farmville of the outmost equation.

I love STO, but now it's no longer an MMO or even a game - Its turning into a nightmare virtual job. Starbases with now become near impossible to upgrade correctly - the new changes to the starfleet academy doff pack acquisition is going to make those much needed common doff in the exchange skyrocket in price.

They are currently anywhere from 50k to 140K - expect those needed common doff to double or even triple in price.

The possible removal or even time gated Dilithium acquisition for STF will slow things down alot or become more of a hindrance.

Season 7 has presented some of the worst changes to STO and has brought very little on the positive side.

I invested too much on a dead end game - 2 Lifer accounts, 40+ toons - most cstore ships purchased, and so on.... in the end we are getting hit hard with more tedious Grinding, while presenting nothing in expansion pack and storyline. Cryptic exploiting players to use the foundry to do their job, in presenting true content without a heavy price tag.

I'm soo tired and weary now - I have worked soo hard to help my fleet to advance in our starbase tier - and now all that will come to a sudden and a unbearable crawl with the doff dilemma. I'm sry guys, but now with this news, its just gotten me so worned out.

If anything I guess I'll just play the foundry missions only and nothing else, at least I can enjoy the stories of some of the most talented story telling players I've seen. Its a shame that STO is seveely heading deeper in the wrong direction. They are killing Star Trek Online.

Now that I have the starbase monkey off my back it's like a curse has been lifted from me - like I have been pulled out of a deep dark well. I hope by giving up the starbase grind you get the same feeling.;)
    edited October 2012

Like many of the people in-charge, involved throughout the history of Star Trek...

They just don't get it..., all They see is immediate dollar signs.

Which is all well and good, but they keep looking only at the short-term...

One would think by now that Somebody in charge, would envision just how really lucrative anything Trek could be, if They would just also take into account our love for and loyalty to, the IP...,

Instead of just how deep are our pockets or how full are our bank accounts.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2012
    Hi Captains,

I'll be passing this thread along to the dev team, so feel free to leave constructive feedback. Flaming, trolling, harassing material or anything else breaking the forum's rules will not be tolerated, so please watch your posts or you will receive warnings or infractions from the Mod team and myself. Now that that is out of the way... :)

Please remember that Tribble is a test server. As some of you have pointed out, many of these items are not confirmed/ subject to change. Changes on Tribble may not be final, and some elements may be incomplete. For instance, some of the rewards being awarded in some of the new events are lower than they should be. Tribble is a WIP and will continue to be until we are ready to launch Season 7. We will be taking player feedback into consideration as we look at further changes/ updates, so constructive feedback is welcome.
    I created a whole thread just the other day about them removing the "console clicks" for the investigate officer daily mission for 1440 dilth - community Mod 'syberghost' agreed that this "was" going to happen. Then Branflakes came on and posted that this was false and that we should stop listening to zone chat - then he close the thread.

I actually went back to this thread and re-re-read it. Looking back, I misunderstood what you were claiming the rumors were about and I apologize. No information about such change has been released so it's all pure speculation by the "zone chat trolls" (I lurk in there often and you should hear some of these rumors they make up to get players all riled up). I will say that Neverwinter is working on tech for Foundry missions where players will earn rewards based on average completion time of a mission (within a mission itself; the "treasure chest" you open at the end). TavernUGC.com posted this recap about it. There has been nothing decided at this time on how this will affect the "Investigate Officer Report" daily -- feel free to include feedback in this thread on what you would like to see/ not see happen if there were a change.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    On one hand if this is true, the value of stockpiled dilithium, doffs, and contraband will go up significantly when S7 comes out, so there is the potential to make some profit on the misery of others.

On the other hand, this does seem to be dropping at the same time TOR is going F2P(ish). Seems like a bad time to alienate a scifi mmo player base.
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I agree with the OP, this is well beyond downright ridiculous at this point. It's too bad as these changes in previous seasons have already halted any progress I was making with my alts. I already have a job so really I only have time to concentrate on one character these days, all of my alts are wasting away. This is mostly due to the fact I can't grind fast enough to get the shinys that I want with them and if I could something else would change. The result of the increase in grindage has left me playing less and less hours per week as well and has left me jaded enough to stop spending my money on the game. The developer will have to realize people play games for entertainment, not to spend time in this sado-masochistic theme park that they have turned this game into. It's a shame because I really wanted the game to do well and stick around for a long time (and it really had the opportunity to do so), but the developer continues to take wrong turn after wrong turn. Our only recourse as players is to continue to let our voices be heard, whether that is posting here, not spending any money on ZEN, or not logging in at all. I just wish there was another recent and decent game based on Star Trek on the market to play, it's a shame ST:IS was cancelled. I guess I will have to go back to juggling between Armada 2 and Legacy for me to get my Star Trek fix.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Like many of the people in-charge, involved throughout the history of Star Trek...

They just don't get it..., all They see is immediate dollar signs.

Which is all well and good, but they keep looking only at the short-term...

One would think by now that Somebody in charge, would envision just how really lucrative anything Trek could be, if They would just also take into account our love for the IP...,

Instead of just how deep are our pockets or how full are our bank accounts.

You know, thats a really good observation that I honestly never even thought of.

There are many ways they could make the game fun and actually increase the player population and augment their coffers. But instead, it seems like PW is going with their Eastern Model of making short-lived MMOs, milk them dry, then move on to the next MMO to be milked.

So right now I have to wonder is this a smart business model in focusing on short-lived MMOs and milking them while they are "fun", or actually give players what they want and keep the ball rolling for the long term?
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    From what I'm hearing about season 7, it sounds like Marks only unlock the gear, you still have to purchase them. I really hope this doesn't means they get rid of the stuff from the STFs that we could trade in for Dilithium, because I got a serious hunch (with the dili tax on Fleet gear) that we are going to end up paying out more.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    barely any dil from PvPing? really?...I make MORE dil in an hour of pvping than i do running a set of stfs.

I'm not including ground, as I don't ground PvP (for various reasons). Space PvP has, by my count, exactly 3 missions that reward dilithium. Kill Federation players, Kill KDF players, and get killed by players. . .and they're supposedly 'dailies', though I don't think they really are, as the cooldowns seem to take longer than 24 hours (if it even bothers to SHOW a cooldown, most of the time it doesn't). As I'm a purely KDF player who doesn't switch sides in Ker'rat or use N'Vak very often, the Kill KDF one isn't really applicable. That leaves about 1k dil per day I can garner out of space PvP. A pitiful amount, compared to the roughly 3k PER HOUR I can get by doing Elite STFs with a semi-competent pug team.

So, unless regular arenas started rewarding lots (or ANY) dilithium for completion without my noticing, or there's somehow a few PvP missions I haven't unlocked/haven't noticed. . .Space PvP dill rewards are pitiful.

Then again, this is a well-known problem amongst most PvPers. . .except for you, apparently.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
    edited October 2012
    Like other posters and Brandon just refered to - Tribble is a "TEST" server - they are not only testing game mechanics - they are also testing "us" the players - what kinds of reactions we have to possible changes.

I think Branflakes choice to leave this thread going for feed back is a wise one. As it is a way for them not to make a mistake that could seriously damage the fanbase of the game.

Personally I want them to keep making money - they need to get paid and make a profit - if that stops the game stops. The main problem with a F2P model is that a small portion of the player base has to subsidize the whole group. There is just no way around that without making more and more micro-transactions.

Personally I find i am a bit bi-polar when it comes to my feeling about STO - some days my posts are all Pro-cryptic(in a coment I made today in the down-time thread telling people to clam down and wait until Brandon makes a post - someone said it was Ironic coming from me - don't know exactly what that ment but anyways) Some days I am down and kind of negative.

That happens when you put a large part of your life into something. Heck I even start threads sometimes just to keep the forums active and pull people out of the woodwork because talking about something is better than people grumbling in quite.

Everyone here loves the game - if you didn't you would not bother posting - so don't give up just yet.
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Removing Dilithitum rewards from STF is the best way to kill that part of STO that actually works somewhat. Is the person responsible by this "bright - lol" idea the former mythical pvp dev by a chance ? Because it is COMPLETELY STUPID.

What would be the reason to do STF for people who already have the sets ? NONE, how would the new people get the sets if there won't be people to carry them through ?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”