test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Into the Hive Feedback Thread

Comments

• atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Though I do have to give a thumbs-up with the electrified floors and defense canons, that was new and interesting.
    The Electrified floors are cool, but the UI lag kills them for Engineers. Too many times my "detonate transphasic bomb" decided to be "plant bomb" and I got killed due to a floor showing up and zapping me.

Also, as my own piece of feedback. The Queen Losing her legs hurts Engineers in another way: She doesn't trigger chroniton mines.

This fight effectively nullifies half or more of the Enemy Neutralization kit (UI lag, Queen not triggering mines) after a certain point. And since you can't switch kits in Red Alert, its almost impossible for Engineers that are great at killing off the drone groups to significantly contribute to killing the Queen (Since her special attacks are usable even if you Weapons Malfunctioned her).
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    oh yeah and something about the difficulty;

I design levels for a different game which i won't mention, and in my experience there is only ever a handful of people that want a more difficult level. People don't like to be made to feel stupid or angry, and do like to feel like they've accomplished something

I mean there are plenty of people who can do cure ground elite no problem, but it seems the majority of the people in this game, can't, because they haven't figured out the trick to Armek. So people avoid CGE and choose something they know they might not get the optional for but will at least succeed in completing the mission.

Personally i would say there isn't enough variation on difficultly level, there should really be 3, Easy, Medium and Hard, named in what ever way you want, easy should be exactly that, if you've never played it, you have a chance of completing it, medium would take some skill, team work and knowledge of the level, where as hard should really need a variety of players, co-operation, teamwork and the knowledge, like i've only just figured out the trick to IGE, and man it's so much quicker now i know, that i'd like something beyond Elite, but, i imagine, the general consensus is that IGE is difficult enough.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yes this is a repost as the post i made was given its own thread by PWE but i thought i would put this in here for future reference.

STOked Radio & Jupiter Force jump onto tribble and play the new Into The Hive STF. Replay can be watched on-demand @ Livestream.com/stokedradio or on Youtube.com/stokedradio.

Here is the direct link to the youtube.

SD Version
    http://youtu.be/o55W38tYZCg

HD Version
    http://youtu.be/jw-ffB1yk68
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The Electrified floors are cool, but the UI lag kills them for Engineers. Too many times my "detonate transphasic bomb" decided to be "plant bomb" and I got killed due to a floor showing up and zapping me.

Also, as my own piece of feedback. The Queen Losing her legs hurts Engineers in another way: She doesn't trigger chroniton mines.

This fight effectively nullifies half or more of the Enemy Neutralization kit (UI lag, Queen not triggering mines) after a certain point. And since you can't switch kits in Red Alert, its almost impossible for Engineers that are great at killing off the drone groups to significantly contribute to killing the Queen (Since her special attacks are usable even if you Weapons Malfunctioned her).

I was using my Engineer and with the Enemy Neutralization kit, I didn't have any problems. As I said above, my worst problem was the Tribble build royally FUBARing my keysettings, where I couldn't use the chat or jump (I.E. the NUMENTER key).

In fact, the kinetics are the best thing to use on her due to her very high energy resistance. I wouldn't be surprised if they intended us fighting her like a combination of Armek and Rebecca.

And if you did want to switch kits, just run to the jail pillars and wait.

To Cryptic:

BTW, if you did get Alice Krige to reprise her role and was holding off the voice overs as a surprise. PLEASE make the model look like her and not an another assimilated Romulan.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That's it?

That's what we've waited all this time for?

REALLY.

Way too short. Ran it three times, beat it twice.

So when it comes to Holo, it'll be a grind-map like all the other "content" being churned out.

*shakes head* the Colony mark grind map has more replay potential than this STF.

I really really hope this was just a compressed test version, ASSIMILATED (the storyline mission that drops the Borg Console) is far more epic in scope and feels more like an STF than INTO THE HIVE does.
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ... Plus this is just the first deployment on tribble, as i was told this is not the final holodeck product so take it for what its worth for now.

Just something another thread
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    In fact, the kinetics are the best thing to use on her due to her very high energy resistance.
    How can you tell how much of any resistance an enemy has? I just noticed that my mines and bombs weren't working well on her because she's pretty fast for walking around, and likes to change course, nor is slowed by Fuse Armor.
    edited October 2012
    How can you tell how much of any resistance an enemy has? I just noticed that my mines and bombs weren't working well on her because she's pretty fast for walking around, and likes to change course, nor is slowed by Fuse Armor.

I was watching her damage, 4 of the STF Raiders were blasting her with the MACO mk12 guns and barely doing any visible damage. But when she walked into my bombs, BOOM, her HPs dropped very noticably. And during our last attempt, I went melee using the ol [Borg] Bat'elth and she was on me like a flea on a bloodhound.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    suaveks wrote: »
    You're kidding, right?
    Right...?

*sigh* That's why we can't have nice things. Make an extremely easy mission and people will still complain it's too difficult. You know you people are the reason there's basically no challenging endgame content? Because you go into elite STFs with pugs and complain they're too difficult... Heck, why not just make an "I win" button while we're at it?

Of course you do realise this is not supposed to be a simple story mission you breeze through, but a difficult endgame mission requiring teamplay and coordination? And I tell you, Into The Hive in its current form is too easy (considering its length), not too difficult.

It's not a bug. Someone from your team was using Experimental Anti-Borg Device". It's one of its effects.

Except that the team was getting wiped... on NORMAL... with decent coordination. And the first time I died in this mission, I got an INJURY. On NORMAL. I'm not actually stupid enough to PUG an Elite STF (except Infected Space, which is so easy that I almost fall asleep on normal and almost always complete the optional on Elite). But this boss fight is totally different. The room fills with dozens of drones, which (even for REGULAR drones, not even the Meds or the Tactical Drones) seem to have all been equipped with an "F- You" ray. The Queen has an ungodly hold (which has the tendency of holding you on the death floor panel) and an Elite Tac's One-shot Cannon.

I agree that it could be longer, especially considering that it's been in development for so long, but the difficulty curve is less like a curve and more like a corner. It's not hard until you walk into that room. I did it on a team with TWO healers, and I still saw a wipe every five minutes. This isn't as much a challenging boss fight as it is a death grind. You walk in, clear the first mob (maybe), drop dead, pray someone bothers to revive you, repeat. Not to mention that you might be dead inside a death tile that seems to have a five minute duration (and, later on, also seems to be everywhere except ONE spot). Combine that with the fact that almost every drone has infinite knockback resistance, so you can't knock them off the edge of the platform that you can barely see. They also adapt faster than anywhere else in the game. I was using the MACO Rifle and the Autocarbine, and I was lucky to get two shots off with the RIFLE before they adapted (heaven help you if you want to use the Autocarbine).

I understand that this isn't designed to be easy. However, it also needs to be accessible. PUG this mission and you will get to the boss fight, get wiped a dozen times, and have some tosser on your team leave. After that, it's TOTALLY futile. I at least got to the Gorn a few times, but it wiped us each time. Worse, I had the two more coordinated people on the team leave IN that fight, leaving me with the two that completely ignored the chat and spent more time running than doing anything really useful. Of course, after that, it was useless to proceed, especially since it locked ALL THREE OF US in the cage and didn't let us out.

It's also worth noting that, at this time, you don't get ANYTHING for completing this Y-Class Mission (this inferred from the seemingly-impossible video of someone actually succeeding). So, not is it next to impossible, it's not even worth it. It's worse than when the Vault Shuttle Event launched (which was next to impossible and STILL not worth it).

So, I propose this minor change: Reserve the Death Panels in the Queen's Chamber (and only there, they're fine everywhere else, when you're not avoiding 20 Borg and a Queen that will arc weld you to the floor for an hour) for Elite. It has no place in Normal.

I also still think it's redundant that there's a boss fight IN the boss fight. The Assimilated Gorn seems to be a giant, two-legged LOLno. I can understand the plot reasoning for it being there, but it might try at least getting a little squishier. Right now he's more durable than the Tactical Cube he's in. :x
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited October 2012
    Quick first impression...

Thats it, we waited 2 years for this?

2nd thought, can we have Gozer back?

General, cooldowns of the integrated remodulator and hypos seems to be major messed up, 30 seconds for the remod? 1minute for the hypo? on normal? Adaption on the first shot?

Seems fishy to me.

General impression of the mission, very underwhelming and sloppy feeling.

Last thought, good thing we don't have to play it with the new reward system for the gear....
  • captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Quick first impression...

Thats it, we waited 2 years for this?

2nd thought, can we have Gozer back?

General, cooldowns of the integrated remodulator and hypos seems to be major messed up, 30 seconds for the remod? 1minute for the hypo? on normal? Adaption on the first shot?

Seems fishy to me.

General impression of the mission, very underwhelming and sloppy feeling.

Last thought, good thing we don't have to play it with the new reward system for the gear....

I realy hope not as far as your coment on getting gozer back, most people dont want him back that i have talked to
  • tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    great stf. it was challenging without being overly difficult. very enjoyable and (imo) felt like a boss fight in-line with armek, rebecca, and tosk. after the second run, everyone should be comfortable with tactics, objectives, and hazards.

will the holodeck version have voice acting?

i don't understand why everyone's all disappointed for. people act like this is supposed to be the be-all end-all of stfs. take it for what it is and enjoy it.
    edited October 2012
    tehjonel wrote: »
    will the holodeck version have voice acting?

i don't understand why everyone's all disappointed for. people act like this is supposed to be the be-all end-all of stfs. take it for what it is and enjoy it.

I'm very sure it will, just they don't want to spoil us with everything. Especially if they got Alice Krige to reprise her role as the Queen.

And people are disappointed, well its beeen since the Summer of 2010 that this STF was in the works (some of us got to play with the Queen on DS9 during the F2P Testing), and people were expecting something that would be more. After all, we are in the core of the Borg Collective and surely there would be hefty opposition keeping us from the Queen.

Well, likely they cut some things to meet the 15-20 minutes of a typical STF run?
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Also, I'm honestly disappointed that there's no space segment whatsoever. And I believe it was planned at one point, as I remember the talks about infiltrating the Borg Unimatrix (you know, the giant borg hub from voyager?) and fighting the Queen's Diamond that was found in the Foundry some time ago (yet it all happens on a Tactical Cube). Really anticlimactic.

Yeah , I too feel a bit "short changed" in this matter .
    This isn't quite what I (and many-many others) have been waiting for for almost 2 years .
    And I'm sorry Cryptic , but you really-really can't come and say "we didn't have time" .

Ball dropped .

But for bitter-sweet memories , you can still catch the original trailer here (at 31:00 mins in) . This is how it should have been .... before Cryptic yanked the wheel once more . :confused:
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    But for bitter-sweet memories , you can still catch the original trailer here (at 31:00 mins in) . This is how it should have been .... before Cryptic yanked the wheel once more . :confused:

WTF... :eek:

I want the missing parts! :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    the old unimatrix map and the borg diamond are in the foundry so i think there should be a space section. i wont mind if they add it later but i think it needs to be there.
  • ekumulumekumulum Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I love this Mission.

It is hard and we must work in a Team. The last room are so Butyful. Don't nerv it for the noobs, don't make it easier, don't make it stronger. I think it is perfect for all. When it is to hard for other, the must perform her Equpiment or Skills. When you nerv it, it is to Easy for the good gamers.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ok....
    feedback you want?

i have not read anything in the thread to not get my opinion spoiled or changed...
    my first impression on tribble just now:

- queue up
    - beam in
    - ok... this already feels wrong!

i just beamed in to the most secure Borg Unimatrix 01 ever in the Delta Quadrant, those JJ Abrams Transwarp Transporters sure come in handy, i hope the Borg never assimilate those!
    btw. why don't we just send a nuke in there instead of 5 people?
    (i assume it is in the Delta Quadrant anyway because the game didn't tell me otherwise, i know it is written in a BLOG that it's in the Alpha quadrant, but we are testing in-game experience here right?)

- ok walking in there... hmm yeah looks just as boring and dark as any other Borg dungeon so far, no new art assets that i can notice... weird, in Trek the Borg interiors always looked so awesome... flashing lights everywhere, wandering drones and what not...

in short: not impressed with art style here, Borg Interiors could look a lot more awesome than this, but thats a gamewide pet peeve of mine... moving on...

- ok follow the buttons... no problem, done done done optional done... green glowy stuff on the bottom, evade, evade... shoot borg... done

- next room... press a button... evade weird pointing shooting thing evade evade.... shoot 3 more borg... done, no puzzle, no teamplay, just dont get killed and shoot everything that moves ok.

- next room... huge hallway... dozens of borg lined up on the side, first visual impressive looking thing in this STF... hmm they dont do anything, use shooter mode... shoot at borg... nothing happens... sad panda only visual fluff, me shooting borg in front of borg queen chamber = irrelevant? *meh* why is nothing happening here? come on!

- next room... BOSS ROOM? WTF already?

- i'm on my Medic-Tank-STF char... all players around me keep getting killed... can't pick them up because i'm getting shot at non stop from Borg Queen in her last half body stage...
    keep shooting her, can't see if i do any damage (no yellow numbers !!! why are there no yellow numbers !?!?! am i doing any damage?) .... this goes on for what feels like 2 minutes (probably more like 45 seconds) when she gets a lucky shot between my self healing cooldowns...

next try i healed the others more, myself less and we did it without problems.

1 minute later in chat everyone is like:

*meh* this is it?
    so short?
    this is what we waited 3 YEARS for?

nobody is impressed and everyone is ******** how short and boring it was and that there wasn't any story to it either...

hmmmh... *shrug*
    yeah well there is your feedback
    sorry, not impressed, the *final* blow to the Borg should be 10 times more epic than the usual STF, yet it doesn't even feel like a completed STF, more like you beam in 2 rooms before the boss room.

Story wise this feels like watching Star Trek Nemesis, but i started watching at the moment when Picard beams over to Shinzons Ship and beats up some Remans before he knifes the Boss dude and the End Credits play before Data Beams in to beam him out or so.... not even an Epic explosion or anything... she dead. Done. No Purple glowing STF Drop either... just beam out and done.

It Feels like 5 minutes ripped out of a movie... or a quarter of a STF Mission...

:(

ok now i'll read what the others here think lets see if it matches or if everybody is like ooooh shiny epic new mission lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    So I played it again, and decided to sleep on it before posting further feedback.

As has been said, there are story-progression missions that are more complex, more engaging and more rewarding than this experience.

First of all, how do we even GET into the Unicomplex? How do we get that far in with zero resistance? Nothing is dispatched to stop us?

Just... disconnect some drones and upload a virus?

Seriously my bank account is harder to hack than the collective. :D

Then you run down a hallway lined with Borg that do NOTHING. This could have been epic. Don't aggro the room full of Elite Drones or something. Make it like ASSIMILATED, the mission in the story progression.

Of course not. Run down the hallway then it is CUTSCENE time! Stupid-run animation with toons holding heavy weapons like pistols flapp'n 'em in the air as we run. You can tell NO effort was spared to make that look even slightly good. :rolleyes:

"I AM THE QUEEN. I... AM... THE... BORG." :rolleyes:

We clear the mob... then we battle her. If we don't get her in a set time we fight a different sub-boss. Which is fine.

So we finally "get her" and that's it.

The Queen Is Dead. Long Live The Queen.

No frantic escape from a collapsing Unicomplex? No "deal with enraged Borg?"

Really.

That's it.

Cryptic, let me introduce you to a new (to you) concept: It's called "giving the customers what they ask for." We asked for a new STF. You gave us a grind-map that could have been done on the Foundry in a half hour.

Cryptic, heed my words: You're TRIBBLE with your very cash flow here. People are NOT going to keep coming back if this is your best effort.
    edited October 2012
    themarie wrote: »
    TL;DR

Executive Summary:

* OMG THIS SUCKS

* WTF REALLY

* :(

Any questions?
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    after reading through the thread, my opinion seems spot on with the rest of everyone else here,
    spare the always whining *this is too hard* people that always pop up no matter how easy it already is.

- too short (no "how did we get here", no "how do we get out of here")
    - too easy [except the boss room]
    - no stf style teamplay puzzles (maybe that was just Gozers style?)

conclusion: NOT EPIC enough for what it is supposed to be,
    instead just another 5 minute grind map to collect numerics

lets see what else this season has to offer, somewhere all this Dev Time and all that LockBox money has to go, obviously not in here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    zerobang wrote: »

lets see what else this season has to offer, somewhere all this Dev Time and all that LockBox money has to go, obviously not in here.

Corporate profits.

Someone is reading the spikes in revenue every time there is a sale or a gimme or a lockbox and equating that with "game is successful."

They are NOT reading the customer feedback metrics at all.

This is NOT what we were hyped, this is not what we were promised, hell this is not even CLOSE to matching the leaked information over the last two years.

I really really hope that this is just a teaser and not the whole episode. If this is it, wow. :(
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i just beamed in to the most secure Borg Unimatrix 01 ever in the Delta Quadrant
    No, you just beamed in to some random Tactical Cube that just happened to have Borg Queen on board. Besides, who said anything about Unimatrix or infiltrating the Borg Hive...oohhhhh... wait...

From where I stand, this is not Into The Hive. This is just some generic mission with Borg Queen boss put there in the end, pretending to be an STF, with difficulty level similar to all the Fleet Missions (i.e. no challenge at all).

http://youtu.be/5CidmNdvcYE - Remember this? Borg Unimatrix and stuff? Or perhaps this little Borg Queenie ship that leaked some time ago? Yeah... now you can all forget about it, as you're not gonna see this, probably ever.

Oh well,at least it's short, so enjoy your grind for even more unnecessary Season 7 currencies! And remember to buy more Zen, because EDC and Borg Salvage are going away, and with them one of the better ways to earn dilithium...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    edited October 2012
    - too short (no "how did we get here", no "how do we get out of here")
    - too easy [except the boss room]
    - no stf style teamplay puzzles (maybe that was just Gozers style?)

conclusion: NOT EPIC enough for what it is supposed to be,
    instead just another 5 minute grind map to collect numerics

I would say even the boss room is easy and it's defiantly far too short, did it as a fleet run earlier today with 3 who had done it a few times and 2 of us who hadn't, it was my first time doing it.

The only deaths came from the floor from either not paying attention or being in a cut-scene, lol.

This was on Elite, it took about 5-10 minutes, there is no way this is hard, I would say the Undine mission "A Light in the Dark" is harder than this STF...

Oh but on the plus side, the mechanic with the floor and grenades tracking the player is nice.
  • queeg513queeg513 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Apart from the queen you'll not see anything new at all here. Far too short, far too easy. Totally unrewarding. Hard to believe this is supposed to be the finale of the Borg STF series. Compared to Infected Ground the difficulty of this mission is laughable. No feeling of immersion at all either, as many have said you'll find better content in the foundry.

Personally I'd rather see it stripped out of season 7 entirely, reworked into something worthwhile and released in 8.
  • nobscunobscu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    icegavel wrote: »

Also, occasional bugs where the Queen and the Gorn would miniaturize.

That miniaturizing was my Anti-Borg Device.

Seemed like a rushed mission. Hope this isn't all of the content.

I fear this STF may share the same fate as Terradome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • queeg513queeg513 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Bugs:

If you get disconnected you'll re-enter at the start of the map behind a barrier that never drops even if the team restarts the "boss" fight.

Possibly just lag, but you can be zapped by the floor even if you've run clear off it (with a couple of yards to spare).

The final cutscene freezes your character when you kill the queen, the floor tiles don't stop activating though, so if you happen to be on a tile that's just started to go green when you kill her there's an unavoidable death coming your way.

All the above apply to normal and "elite" varieties. Though I had to question whether we were actually on elite as the difference is marginal at best.
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Not sure if its on my end but maybe my video card or something but I can see all missions and PvE perfectly except when I try to do Into the Hive when I beam in I cant see nothing At All, how ever when I use the triolitic pattern enhancers if I stay inside the field I can see perfectly. Im on a PC by the way, and on live when I beam into the fleet starbase same however its pitch dark but I can make stuff out.

Also even when im stuck outside the force field I still get hit by borg inside the field
  • darkwhite0darkwhite0 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You're kidding, right?
    Right...?

*sigh* That's why we can't have nice things. Make an extremely easy mission and people will still complain it's too difficult. You know you people are the reason there's basically no challenging endgame content? Because you go into elite STFs with pugs and complain they're too difficult... Heck, why not just make an "I win" button while we're at it?

Agreeee

the people go to the fight thinking he's Rambo/kirk/sisko/ terminator and takes a flank damage and die

and place the blame on the game, God, Dan Stahl, borg, cryptic...

"this mission is soooooooooooooooooooooo hard"
    "i can't do this"
    "you need change this... make a win button"

the only problem with this mission is:

there are no space fight
    too short mission

and how the hell i get here? (inside the cube)
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ok, where is the rest of the mission?

I hope we get a least a few framing cutscenes to explain the story here.. why and how we came to beam into... where exactly are we? Some generic Borg ground map...

Just played it once, and the new combat mechanics seemed very chaotic to me. it was hard to make out any patterns that could be turned into a working strategy.

But i had the same problems with the original STFs, so no big deal.

This whole thing just felt like the feable rest of a once epic mission. The part that was more or less finished/working while the rest just never got to that point. So the devs cut their losses and just put this into the game without any story frame or polish at all and call it an STF.

I don't think it will add much to the gaming experience and will get old faster than the other STFs.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg