What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crash! (Resolved! Server is back up)

Comments

• Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Had the same problem last night, did not know server was down tried to log in a few times right now because it said server connection timed out so I came to the site and in fact my suspicion was correct server down ;(
  • Options
    tommyatstarfleettommyatstarfleet Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Got logged off right in the middle of an elite stf :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sesshimatosesshimato Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thing is The server stability has been epic since F2p. But they keep putting in patches, that create server instability.

They need to test these patches in Tribble or Redshirt a hell of a lot longer than 3 days.
    That's all the time they use for testing. I've noticed this on several patch updates now. Been writing them down. And the patches only stay on the test servers three days before they go live.

This seriously needs to stop. I know they wanna be as successfull as WoW and other MMO's but jesus christ. The reason they're this successfull is they announce updates, and then ask people to log into the test servers so they can test stability.

This option has YET to be seen on STO unless you're a gold member, or LTS.

Seriously people. Calm down, it's not intentional, just give them a bit to fix the problem, and all will be fixed. This happens to all MMO's from time to time.
  • Options
    nicolerae31nicolerae31 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    satchking wrote: »
    oh please, theres no excuse for no notice, not in game, not here. They need to fix a problem? fine, but I don't believe letting us know is that much trouble.

Perhaps they themselves didn't even know until moments before? Computers and their software environments are fickle things on the best of days under controlled circumstances. Take into consideration that they have people logging into a massive set of servers from around the world and the chance of malfunction increase exponential. It may very well have crashed on them as well as us and the "down for maintenance" message is a default. In a year I do not ever recall them dropping us all without some notice. I may be wrong about that, but idk.
    ~Nicole'Rae

Fleet Admiral XII Victrix Lupas
  • Options
    treffelltreffell Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    as loong as tis is down , is there a cannon that fires yellow cause i saw it in a match

or a beam that is yellow for that matter

that spiral beam is kinda yellow

they have like chrointino torpedos and mnes that are yellow

what about beam and cannon
  • Options
    l3dz3p85l3dz3p85 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    People not being able to log in, unexpected maintenance, and now the sever is simply offline. Why have there been so many issues recently?
  • Options
    itsrobitsrob Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Maybe they're finally fixing the typo on the launcher. They misspelled "Enrage" and haven't fixed it for years.

:P
  • Options
    tostrekkie7tostrekkie7 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Great, so just like yesterday, I spend 30 min granting Raiding Party to half the Federation for the Tour Universe event, log out to change over to my Fed, and at the start of the Tour, the server goes down!

You're the best Cryptic .... no I really mean it .... really.
  • Options
    christarainbluechristarainblue Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jayjaxhd wrote: »
    this **** is ******up every patch maint downtime is breaking the server from the inside more lagg, more buggs, more client related problems, STO WHERE IS IT GOING ARE YOU GONNA DIE OR WHAT? SERVERS OLD AND BROKEN? OR NOT ENOUGH MONEY TO KEEP THE SERVERS UP??

TELL US WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!

enhance your calm, john spartan
  • Options
    captaindsterlingcaptaindsterling Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Simple, the Tribble-wheel broke. :D
  • Options
    outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I for one can handle them killing the server off without notice so long as they are truly trying to correct problems. Every time they patch the game there is a new issue and by the time they fix it the next week comes along again and another patch with problems. If they need to kill the server and kick us all for a few hours to correct major issues, so be it, at least they are making a concentrated effort. Give them a little support community, it might go a long way to boosting the devs moral and in turn improving out game.

You got some brown on your nose.

The changes on tribble and the MASSIVE outcry over them have fallen on deaf ears. The Borg change WILL happen so i suggest you start going fleet gear if you're gonna continue playing this game, there has been no dev or PWE response on the Duty officer prices nor the dilithium changes so i'm thinking they're taking the approach of 'hide our heads in the sand and it'll go away'

The 1k day ship and the recent LTS werre major kicks in the face to those who didnt buy LTS but still supported the game through their own subscriptions. And just recently (within the past 24 hours) there have been unexpected downtimes, major account issues and other issues. (oh lets not forget that the final floor of the infected ground STF was UNCOMPLETEABLE!)

PWE is making some of these decisions cryptic is making some as well. Neither one is worth my money at this point and unless there is some direction and some things added to season 7 i'll be more than happy to pick up GW2 and Rift: Storm Legion than this game ever again. And unannounced server downtimes like this? Only make the decisions far easier.
  • Options
    lgxllgxl Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Boo.. that was unexpected.. was just in the middle of things when I got booted :(
    Buoyancy
    That fine line between ship or submarine
  • Options
    baronvonhellerbaronvonheller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sad sad sad. I login to do the "tour" made it about halfway down the sirius sector and then it logged me out and said they were down for maintenance. Now I just time out to the login server. It would be nice to know what is going on.

Can they compansate me in EC since I would have made 1+ million during the tour? Does anyone know if they do that? I pay to play :) so it is not like I am asking for something free or even real money like ZEN or Diltihium (alternate real money).

Hmmm. How are you making that much? Neither myself, nor anybody in my fleet has been paid out properly in all sectors for months on tour the galaxy?
  • Options
    psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Recent? Lol
  • Options
    andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    someones cannibal tribble got loose and ate the hamsters that run the server at cryptic.
  • Options
    damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    urg was about to do stuff when i woke up its 7 am and nothing im going to go play a leiner game so i can silently rage about this like rs

Yeah, you go do that Spicoli. ;)
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Will the new Phone App have a built in Server Downtime Alert/Notification feature? Or will that interfere with the intended non-functionality and uselessness of the current design?

:D
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    enhance your calm, john spartan

lol.

and I don't mind maintenance. Scheduled/unscheduled/whatever. My only request is send a flyby in-game like.. 5 minutes before. 'tis all. Or a forum post like.. "Hey guys, server's gonna take a nap for a minute.. had a problem we need to fix".

That way I can plan if I want to attempt to finish the failed ISE I got pug'd into.. as I definitely would not have been trying to clean up the bowl of borg nanite probe puffs the abandoner the team had before poured for us..
  • Options
    satchkingsatchking Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    still no official explanation? I wasted half an hour on a marks event >.>
  • Options
    mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    is the red indicator in the launcher refreshing by itself or do I have to turn it off and on again? xD

reminds me of red dwarf ..

"Are you absolutely sure sir? It does mean changing the bulb!" :D

saw some Champions Online chat that said they were going down, wonder if there is any information on that forum ?
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Perhaps they themselves didn't even know until moments before? Computers and their software environments are fickle things on the best of days under controlled circumstances. Take into consideration that they have people logging into a massive set of servers from around the world and the chance of malfunction increase exponential. It may very well have crashed on them as well as us and the "down for maintenance" message is a default. In a year I do not ever recall them dropping us all without some notice. I may be wrong about that, but idk.
    No, you're right ;) Everytime there was trouble, they tried to give us some notice, even if it was just 5 minutes for emergency maintenence. And they've done it consistently since the game launched.

The fact we got no notice is obviously saying this is a major issue, and it demands their attention
    You got some brown on your nose.

The changes on tribble and the MASSIVE outcry over them have fallen on deaf ears. The Borg change WILL happen so i suggest you start going fleet gear if you're gonna continue playing this game, there has been no dev or PWE response on the Duty officer prices nor the dilithium changes so i'm thinking they're taking the approach of 'hide our heads in the sand and it'll go away'

The 1k day ship and the recent LTS werre major kicks in the face to those who didnt buy LTS but still supported the game through their own subscriptions. And just recently (within the past 24 hours) there have been unexpected downtimes, major account issues and other issues. (oh lets not forget that the final floor of the infected ground STF was UNCOMPLETEABLE!)

PWE is making some of these decisions cryptic is making some as well. Neither one is worth my money at this point and unless there is some direction and some things added to season 7 i'll be more than happy to pick up GW2 and Rift: Storm Legion than this game ever again. And unannounced server downtimes like this? Only make the decisions far easier.
    There was no reason to derail the thread...

We were discussing the unexpected downtime, not every single issue you perceive is connected to it.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    honestly the reason for the server breaking is me: I finally decide to play the game and the server decides to break out of spite.

It is all my fault.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited October 2012
    Ohhh man Donatra had 5% hull left and disconnected from Server Nooooooooooo
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    tetonicatetonica Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I love the servers going down. The self-important nerd raging makes me laugh every time :D
    Lynis, Orion Engineer, main
    Rrezeth, Gorn Tactical, primary alt
    Nari, Orion Science, secondary alt
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    While you are here and have time please read and comment on the discussion in this thread:

"Skyrocketing Costs and Gear Nerfing Threaten to Force Me Out"

It's something that will effect every player.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    launcher gives following explanation:
    "star trek online is currently offline (made me lol :)). we are aware of the problem..." and so on
  • Options
    satchkingsatchking Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ah well now the launcher gives us an ominous notice.. fun stuff
  • Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sad sad sad. I login to do the "tour" made it about halfway down the sirius sector and then it logged me out and said they were down for maintenance. Now I just time out to the login server. It would be nice to know what is going on.

Can they compansate me in EC since I would have made 1+ million during the tour? Does anyone know if they do that? I pay to play :) so it is not like I am asking for something free or even real money like ZEN or Diltihium (alternate real money).

I wish they do that for us who were doing the Tour too, brother. It would be nice to be compensated for lost tour time. I usually do the Tour two times, plus a third for the single sectors, making around 1 mil myself.

What bothers me though, is this was unannounced. I hope our character data is safe and OK, I mean, what if this happened because the servers with our character data kick the bucket? =/ :confused:
  • Options
    batrayedolivebatrayedolive Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, you go do that Spicoli. ;)

i will and youll all like it nuubs
  • Options
    realuniqueonerealuniqueone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1:30am here now... so much for completing my dailies and refining...

thanks cryptic!

FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=katzz57tmm4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb4VR1AfhAc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI
    >>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<
This discussion has been closed.