test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"The cloak was always meant to disengage when a contact pops up" Pure BS BS

Comments

• teleon22teleon22 Member Posts: 424
    edited September 2012
    Really, common people, have any of you expected anything less from Cryptic? They say one thing and do nothing or do something entirely different. Just face it. You can?t trust most of what they say!

Approach them as if they were the boy who cried wolf. Only, the wolf hasn?t yet really come yet, and if it does? oh well you can believe them then. AKA: Believe it when you see it! :cool:

Anway: I?m sick of being lied to week to week month to month and year to year. More than half of Star Trek Online is simply awful in my opinion it has; awful mechanics, awful balance, terrible AI, terrible class balance, un-imaginative sector space, awful prices in z-store, awful greedy money grabbing techniques, terrible UI with lacking information, bad UI lag whereas I have to press more than once to activate abilities and etc. If this were not a Star Trek game in apearance, I would not play it at all.

Yet, portions of this game are also brilliant!! Good artwork, lots of star trek tie-in, the duty officer mini-game system, foundry and well IDK beyond that I?m not sure? it is meh ok as far as a game goes. Now, also in my opinion? this game would have flat out failed if it didn?t have the Star Trek IP because frankly it is mostly bad! Diablo II had more fun and interesting monster kill than this game has against its most challenging AI. And that is simply bad IMO because Star Trek Online should have never been about monster kill.
  • p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    I agree. All the decloaking abilities are worthless with the cloak being worthless.

I don't think that's canon, at least not STO soft canon. There are missions which actually depend on ships not being able to cloak their warp signature.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Cloaking_device, there's a few instances of warped cloaks, and various means of detecting them warped or not. Similar to system space proximaty to the cloaked vessel could increase the likelyhood of detection while in Sector Space.

To the other poster we can't cloak in Sector Space. I was suggesting the capability to do so should Open Sector PvP ever make it to this game (which I don't think it will). Like, I don't think they'll bother to make the effort fix the interaction decloaks.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think Cryptic's hands may be tied up in this issue.

With the latest explanation that its interactable objects that shut down the cloak, and that apparently these invisible non physical objects is how most text windows pop up, I now understand what they meant when they said they'd have to go back to every map to fix it. It was a lot of work for them to do back then. So why not now, or at least roll it out gradually? I think it was simply allowed to fester for too long.

In the bizarre way Cryptic sometimes balances things it would not surprise me if cloak capable ships are weighted with the "bugged" cloak as standart and would be considered too powerful if the bug was ever fixed. In the metagame they may also consider a properly working cloak too powerful regardless of any balancing they do? What one of the first posters in this thread said is true, in most MMOs stealth classes are always made too powerful or too weak, never are they balanced due to the all or nothing nature of stealth in most games.

In theory, a cannon cloak should trivialize PvE and PvP content unless the KDF ships are literally made of tinfoil. Such a system wouldn't really work too well I think.
  • khurgakhurga Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If they're not going to fix cloaks and make them useful, then they need to upgrade BoP weapons, hull, and shields to the equivalent non-cloaking ships.

Fair is fair.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ok not going over 7 pages but has any one asked this any time a ship was cloaked in movie or show every time the captain talk to a bridge cew did they decloak ? or how about open a hail?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
    edited September 2012
    According to Dan's Ask Cryptic reply, STO cloak will not be working like movie/TV show cloak.

"It is our intention that any interaction within the game will remove stealth. Anytime you are expected to take a game action of clicking on a button to respond, whether it is to scan something, or acknowledge a bridge officer, or make a command decision via a contact option, it should pull you out of stealth."

How cloak worked in the movies or shows seems irrelevant to Cryptic. So the state of cloaking right now isn't a bug, it's mostly working as intended. :rolleyes:
    Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
    edited September 2012
    zordar01 wrote: »
    According to Dan's Ask Cryptic reply, STO cloak will not be working like movie/TV show cloak.

"It is our intention that any interaction within the game will remove stealth. Anytime you are expected to take a game action of clicking on a button to respond, whether it is to scan something, or acknowledge a bridge officer, or make a command decision via a contact option, it should pull you out of stealth."

How cloak worked in the movies or shows seems irrelevant to Cryptic. So the state of cloaking right now isn't a bug, it's mostly working as intended. :rolleyes:

well that is sad to here but not unlike cryptic to....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Probably more a question of earning money producing new content rather than waste time on tweaking stuff you already bought :rolleyes:

Nothing personal

That being said this makes any cloacking ship totally un-interesting to me
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Um... BTW... are any of you guys familiar with an ability called "Mask energy Signature"? Hmm?

Well it's a Boff skill nearly the same as cloaking. And guess what... It does exactly the same thing!!!!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Um... BTW... are any of you guys familiar with an ability called "Mask energy Signature"? Hmm?

Well it's a Boff skill nearly the same as cloaking. And guess what... It does exactly the same thing!!!!

If I remember correctly, MES was placed at or near the top of the list by many people in the most useless abilities thread.

It's a poorman's excuse for a cloak, really. :) Or else everyone would be using MES everywhere... but do you see people using MES? :D
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited September 2012

so CBS gave a pass on that? so much for sticking to canon >.>
    and pretty much a load of BS. that excuse looks and reads like something pulled out of a nether TRIBBLE to make it seem like it was all intentional.

as to 'going through and fixing all the maps'. what? just fix the cloak so you don't get decloaked by your BOFF's and other stupid ****. maybe writing CBS in mass and asking wtf since when is a cloaked ship decloaked by someone talking onboard...

scans yes, you're emitting energy, firing weapons (except enhanced and torps), same thing. but someone talking on board or receiving a com no.

where the frack is the logic that enhanced battle cloak you can throw some skills and fire torps but if your bridge officer makes a peep *poof*? just mind boggling how broken cloak is and how broken all the excuses are for why it's broken. WAI...yeah...right.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
    edited September 2012
    so CBS gave a pass on that? so much for sticking to canon >.>
    and pretty much a load of BS. that excuse looks and reads like something pulled out of a nether TRIBBLE to make it seem like it was all intentional.

as to 'going through and fixing all the maps'. what? just fix the cloak so you don't get decloaked by your BOFF's and other stupid ****. maybe writing CBS in mass and asking wtf since when is a cloaked ship decloaked by someone talking onboard...

scans yes, you're emitting energy, firing weapons (except enhanced and torps), same thing. but someone talking on board or receiving a com no.

where the frack is the logic that enhanced battle cloak you can throw some skills and fire torps but if your bridge officer makes a peep *poof*? just mind boggling how broken cloak is and how broken all the excuses are for why it's broken. WAI...yeah...right.

like this for the no stand alone romulan

dastahl wrote: »
    There is also the concern that players have put a lot of effort into their existing characters and fleets. It wouldn't necessarily be a healthy choice to introduce a 3rd faction that has its own fleets, duty officer system, ships, and bridge officers because it would be disruptive to the fleets and friendships you've made in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    daan2006 wrote: »
    like this for the no stand alone romulan

Originally Posted by dastahl
    There is also the concern that players have put a lot of effort into their existing characters and fleets. It wouldn't necessarily be a healthy choice to introduce a 3rd faction that has its own fleets, duty officer system, ships, and bridge officers because it would be disruptive to the fleets and friendships you've made in game.[/QUOTE]

I guess we will be buying friends from the Zstore next.........

Grow the game Cryptic and let me worry about my own friendships and disruptive fleets, becuase a game with no expansion will be just as disruptive to my game life as the scenery never changes, the landscape is always the same and the lack of growth causes one to become bored and eventually wander to greenier pastures.

Don't be like Slartibartfast and lament the fact that you no longer create worlds to be enjoyed.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited September 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    I guess we will be buying friends from the Zstore next..........

this made me lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ok lets see this from a developers point of view.

the cloak disengages when a contact is poping up AND the cloak disengages when you are being attacked, right? (not so sure about the last).

so, instead of going through all missions and changing those contacts to flyovers or what they call it, wouldnt it be easier to make some kinda if statement?

so what we want is something like this:

if($player_being_fired_at == TRUE){
    decloak();
    }
    elseif($player_being_hailed){
    #do nothing
    }

however, the system at the moment doesnt know the difference (i guess). its just like a trigger which is either TRUE or FALSE. In this case, $player_being_fired_at and $player_being_hailed is just one variable that we now call $trigger and the whole thing looks like this at the moment

if($trigger == TRUE){
    decloak();
    }
    else{
    #do nothing
    }

So to change this, i would make some changes like this:

if($trigger == TRUE && $incoming_damage > 0){
    decloak();
    }
    else{
    #do nothing
    }

i dont know what is so hard about it. I certainly do not know anything about c or whatever language they are developing with but this is some basic stuff that shouldnt be that hard to implement and would work in every mission without altering those (including foundry missions)

what cryptic is trying to do here is to solve the problem but not the root of the problem. changing one console could be done much faster than to alter all the missions.
    What ? Calaway.
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This bug is meant to stay to please Federation players happy in Kerat zone.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    tebsu wrote: »

so what we want is something like this:

if($player_being_fired_at == TRUE){
    decloak();
    }
    #do nothing
    }

You mean like:

if($player_in_sensor_scan_range && player_is_sensor_scanned == TRUE){
    decloak();
    federation_attack();
    }
    #do nothing
    }

:cool:
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    notapwefan wrote: »
    You mean like:

if($player_in_sensor_scan_range && player_is_sensor_scanned == TRUE){
    decloak();
    federation_attack();
    }
    #do nothing
    }

:cool:

sensor scan? you can find cloaked ships with sensor scan?
    What ? Calaway.
  • malan29malan29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    eulifdavis wrote: »
    I'm actually quite happy with the state of affairs regarding cloak. Literally THE WORST character class in any MMO is the one that can cloak or otherwise go undetected/invisible. They're always exploited (in the "this is allowed" sense) to the maximum, and become an overpowered irritant.

In STO, this isn't the case. :)

So you're saying, the bug is okay because it makes the gameplay... balanced? That's a load of horsestuff. The bop is a paper thin ship it's only real advantage is the ability to run and gun with max effectiveness and use things like subspace jump/impulse burst/evasive maneuver/cunning/guile and pure skill to get by. A truly skilled bop pilot is deadly, and you spend your time honing this skill, buying the consoles and zen store ships, you close in on your target and just as you're just about in the kill zone, your boffs decide you need to know something crucial and kill your one tactical advantage making you suddenly the target of everyone. Good game you're right this is an absolute perfect bug nothing should be changed.
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2012
    Don't worry it is working as intended....

edit: to add some content to my post instead of it being pure troll.

What bothers me is that this is not the first and last that poor or not well thought out design decision that happens to make it nearly impossible to go back and fix a silly problem that should have never existed in the first place. They should eat it, and contract it out.

Make some new communication and map action types.. one that breaks cloak and one that doesn't as well as map actions that break cloak and actions that don't, then contract it out to someone one to have a bunch of people plow through the maps and what not. Get it done, train your people for futrue maps, and learn from your mistake.

Not saying the DX11 tessellation was due to bad design, just a nature of the graphics beast... but I'd dump more money in lock boxes if I knew it was going to fund a contract to fix up the in game art assets.

Just contract it out.. and tell us darn it.. I bet we would support you. If you made a c-store item called fix up ingame art assest for 500 zen... i'd buy it. It's call crowd sourcing... you should try it inside an MMO... and if it works I want a chunk of the change for the idea....
  • kkthx88kkthx88 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ITs indeed bull**** answer, we all know that they were saying they FIXED it a long time ago now, and yet it never got fixed. They said 'THEY HAD TO CHECK and EDIT ALL THE MISSIONS AND POPUPS and they did that.

Yet it NEVER got fixed.

Friggin bull****, in Ker'rat keeps decloaking for a stupid message. ITS AN PVP WARZONE
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    probably should have started a new thread...but the cloak thing, and then bitemepw's little quote with what dstahl said just...>:(

to cryptic

1)growth and diversity, extra factions and rounding out content for kdf would give you more players who would stay longer and spend more.

1a) lack of either or both means people leave, and once that starts it's a downward spiral.

2) related to 1 above, fixing bugs. when frustration that the game does not function well/bug ridden is greater than enjoyment = loss of players
    3)fanbois: never ever listen to fanbois, they will always tell you or post that everything is perfect, defend your decisions...yet will leave the game without one word and then do a 6. (as will everyone else who leaves.)

4) you always have competition, even if it's not in the same genre. never think for a moment that you are secure

5)censoring forums, censoring posts, pretending that problems don't exist doesn't make them go away, it just further irritates players. annoyed players are one further nail in the coffin.

6) word of mouth or reputation is the hardest thing to acquire or live down. what do you think happens when a player leaves sto or any game for one of the above reasons? that they go silently into the night never speaking of it again? no, they talk about it in other mmo's and everywhere else about how screwed up the game they left was.

7)you want players to work hard for gear, pay for subs and extras...yet when it comes to fixing bugs or adding content unless it's something easy you won't do it. instead make excuses>further annoyances.

8) players are never as stupid as you think/hope they are or as tolerant of BS.

you should know all this if you're in the business of mmo's you are a consumer dependent service, without them you are nothing, acquire a bad rep and you will never have anything again. ruin the star trek IP because you're too lazy or short sighted to fly with it and you'll be hated. it isn't just one game, people hate entire dev concerns and publishers. you think that doesn't get brought up in convo's? 'who made 'x' game' 'it was this publisher/dev studio' 'oh, they made TRIBBLE too, they suck' i've seen those exact same lines in forums and mmo global chats. why i find it so incredibly difficult to fathom how mmo publishers just don't seem to get it. selective blindness?

risk, download and try a game that dev/pub produces that you know already has junk in their portfolio...or just skip it for something else. which do you think a player would do?

you sit in your own little world and don't have a clue what goes on outside of it. you don't understand gamers, you don't even seem to understand the sub culture of mmo 's. at the very least you should understand people pay you for a product, and when people pay they want at least some quality to that product. their concerns addressed, problems sorted out, etc. they don't want to hear whining or excuses that it's 'too hard' you're being PAID to provide a service, not whine or make excuses...wtf, how can you NOT GET THAT?

/rant
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What would probably work best is a revamp of the dialogue system.

If I turn off the UI overlay, dialogues get disabled until I turn it back on.

Couldn't cloak work like this?

So the mission simply halts until you decloak but you're not forcibly decloaked either.
    edited September 2012
    probably should have started a new thread...but the cloak thing, and then bitemepw's little quote with what dstahl said just...>:(

to cryptic

1)growth and diversity, extra factions and rounding out content for kdf would give you more players who would stay longer and spend more.

1a) lack of either or both means people leave, and once that starts it's a downward spiral.

2) related to 1 above, fixing bugs. when frustration that the game does not function well/bug ridden is greater than enjoyment = loss of players
    3)fanbois: never ever listen to fanbois, they will always tell you or post that everything is perfect, defend your decisions...yet will leave the game without one word and then do a 6. (as will everyone else who leaves.)

4) you always have competition, even if it's not in the same genre. never think for a moment that you are secure

5)censoring forums, censoring posts, pretending that problems don't exist doesn't make them go away, it just further irritates players. annoyed players are one further nail in the coffin.

6) word of mouth or reputation is the hardest thing to acquire or live down. what do you think happens when a player leaves sto or any game for one of the above reasons? that they go silently into the night never speaking of it again? no, they talk about it in other mmo's and everywhere else about how screwed up the game they left was.

7)you want players to work hard for gear, pay for subs and extras...yet when it comes to fixing bugs or adding content unless it's something easy you won't do it. instead make excuses>further annoyances.

you should know all this if you're in the business of mmo's you are a consumer dependent service, without them you are nothing, acquire a bad rep and you will never have anything again. ruin the star trek IP because you're too lazy or short sighted to fly with it and you'll be hated. it isn't just one game, people hate entire dev concerns and publishers. you think that doesn't get brought up in convo's? 'who made 'x' game' 'it was this publisher/dev studio' 'oh, they made TRIBBLE too, they suck' i've seen those exact same lines in forums and mmo global chats. why i find it so incredibly difficult to fathom how mmo publishers just don't seem to get it. selective blindness?

risk, download and try a game that dev/pub produces that you know already has junk in their portfolio...or just skip it for something else. which do you think a player would do?

you sit in your own little world and don't have a clue what goes on outside of it. you don't understand gamers, you don't even seem to understand the sub culture of mmo 's. at the very least you should understand people pay you for a product, and when people pay they want at least some quality to that product. their concerns addressed, problems sorted out, etc. they don't want to hear whining or excuses that it's 'too hard' you're being PAID to provide a service, not whine or make excuses...wtf, how can you NOT GET THAT?

/rant

this KDF player is after my romulan heart :)

but 100 no 10000000 % agree with every word you just said no lie alot of it hit on what i think to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • adon333adon333 Member Posts: 304
    edited September 2012

to cryptic

/rant

This needs to be made into a STICKY and put on the MAIN HOME PAGE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that's right.
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I kinda find it funny that you're supposed to expose your ship to be obliterated by the enemy so you can have a chat with someone in the same room as you...

Seriously, though, that's RIDICULOUS. Decloak for NON-BOff text, not to talk to people ON YOUR BRIDGE.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I said it elsewhere and I'll repeat it here.

I suspect that the basic problem is the nature of how players interact with the mission storyline and with contacts and objects. I'm basing my guesses off my understanding of the game as represented in the Foundry.

I'm thinking that the game literally can not distinguish the difference between an interaction that actively scans a satellite, an interaction that demands the opposing ship to surrender, an interaction with your bridge officer that's supposed to trigger an external event, and an interaction with your bridge officer that's just a dialog tree.

At the heart of it, every interaction is simply an event trigger. And there is probably no mechanism in the game code governing the cloak that is able to distinguish between types of event triggers -- assuming there even are different kinds as far as the code is concerned.

If that's the basic problem, then there is no easy fix. The mini-contact is way better than nothing, and I really wish that were available from inside the Foundry. As far as I know, Foundry authors are kind of stuck.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
    edited September 2012
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I said it elsewhere and I'll repeat it here.

I suspect that the basic problem is the nature of how players interact with the mission storyline and with contacts and objects. I'm basing my guesses off my understanding of the game as represented in the Foundry.

I'm thinking that the game literally can not distinguish the difference between an interaction that actively scans a satellite, an interaction that demands the opposing ship to surrender, an interaction with your bridge officer that's supposed to trigger an external event, and an interaction with your bridge officer that's just a dialog tree.

At the heart of it, every interaction is simply an event trigger. And there is probably no mechanism in the game code governing the cloak that is able to distinguish between types of event triggers -- assuming there even are different kinds as far as the code is concerned.

If that's the basic problem, then there is no easy fix. The mini-contact is way better than nothing, and I really wish that were available from inside the Foundry. As far as I know, Foundry authors are kind of stuck.

Cloaking used to work. Then they patched and it became what we've got. So instead of saying "I'm thinking that the game literally can not distinguish...", it's more accurate to say "Cryptic changed the game so that it literally can not distinguish..." That means they can change it back, or otherwise correct the situation so it works as before. But Dan's Ask Cryptic statement removes that possibility, doesn't it? Cryptic doesn't consider the cloak bug a bug at all. Personally, I think that, and the reason(s) behind that, are the real problem here.
    Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Cloaking used to work. Then they patched and it became what we've got. So instead of saying "I'm thinking that the game literally can not distinguish...", it's more accurate to say "Cryptic changed the game so that it literally can not distinguish..." That means they can change it back, or otherwise correct the situation so it works as before. But Dan's Ask Cryptic statement removes that possibility, doesn't it? Cryptic doesn't consider the cloak bug a bug at all. Personally, I think that, and the reason(s) behind that, are the real problem here.

Is it possible that the reason for that is because the cloak wasn't dropping when it was supposed to before that patch?

Making it work the way it used to might actually BE a bug from Cryptic's viewpoint.

Or maybe they did change the interact system in a way that made it incompatible with the cloak.

But you're assuming they can just put it back the way it was and I suspect that they can't without breaking a lot more than just the cloak.

I agree that Cryptic needs to figure out how to prevent breaking cloak unnecessarily. I don't agree that cloaking should never drop.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Is it possible that the reason for that is because the cloak wasn't dropping when it was supposed to before that patch?

Making it work the way it used to might actually BE a bug from Cryptic's viewpoint.

Or maybe they did change the interact system in a way that made it incompatible with the cloak.

But you're assuming they can just put it back the way it was and I suspect that they can't without breaking a lot more than just the cloak.

I agree that Cryptic needs to figure out how to prevent breaking cloak unnecessarily. I don't agree that cloaking should never drop.

Gozer bluntly said that cloaking was working properly before (a quote of it is already in this thread even). We also know exactly what broke cloaking thanks to him: different interacts used to be handled/filed differently within the game, which was a pain to work with for them, so they put them all under one umbrella to make it easier on their end, doing so made everything decloak you, including a tonne of stuff that was never supposed to.

Basically they changed things to make their job easier and it broke the game. They created a way to fix it by adding an option to flag stuff, but instead of actually going back and doing that (despite implying to the community that they had via Salami_Inferno) they instead ran a script that was supposed to auto-flag the stuff they broke, again to make their work easier. The script didn't work. At all. Now, again to make their work easier, they have simply given up and decided that the bug is a feature in classic fashion and given it the good ol' "Working as Intended" stamp.

Or in a word: laziness.

It's all about laziness.

Laziness I would readily excuse IF we were getting the number of Featured Episodes IN ADDITION to Seasonal Updates which Dstahl had said we would back when all of this news was fresh. But, hey, that's not exactly the boat we're in now, is it?