Ask Cryptic: September 2012

Comments

• Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    dastahl wrote: »
    In the next 6 months we are working on the following:
    • Updated Winter Event

Speaking of that winter event, will the Nanopulse weapons be re-released during this event? I have a few Alts that don't have them, and quite a few Silvers I brought to the game that have drooled on it every time they see me totally destroy them with it.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for your continued participation in this thread. I would however like to point out something very telling. You mentioned 4 "hot topic" issues:

1) the foundry
    2) PvP
    3) the KDF
    4) Romulans

I think it is very important to realize that #1 can be used to solve #'s 3 & 4 if you listen to the suggestions that have already been discussed in this thread. Due to that fact, I think you seriously need to consider making that your top priority. Killing 3 birds with 1 stone is not something that should be ignored.

100 % agree with you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    daan2006 wrote: »
    and like cryptic will ignore it unless it makes them fast money or they can make it a gimmick to make them fast money

that's the thing though. This idea to try to solve foundry, KDF and Roms with one mechanic has to be super appealing to higher ups. The foundry is central to NW and it probably will be to future games.

Can't you imagine a higher up being like, "Wait, what? You can add a new faction to the game without adding stories yourselves? Your team's can focus on making stuff that can be sold, apart from the props that free labor will use?"

Everything that we would need to make a Rom faction is potential Zen, from purchasing the Rom as a playable character to all the assets and stuff.

100+ good missions added to the kdf

No labor costs apart from the mechanic needed to incorporate ugc in a way that transform the kdf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thetruthurtsthetruthurts Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    that's the thing though. This idea to try to solve foundry, KDF and Roms with one mechanic has to be super appealing to higher ups. The foundry is central to NW and it probably will be to future games.

Can't you imagine a higher up being like, "Wait, what? You can add a new faction to the game without adding stories yourselves? Your team's can focus on making stuff that can be sold, apart from the props that free labor will use?"

Everything that we would need to make a Rom faction is potential Zen, from purchasing the Rom as a playable character to all the assets and stuff.

100+ good missions added to the kdf

No labor costs apart from the mechanic needed to incorporate ugc in a way that transform the kdf.

Just to add to all of this, look at the 3 highest items on this poll: Romulans, KDF, and FEs. That all boils down to one thing: content. Developing the foundry into something that truly rewards people for playing the missions addresses all of those issues.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    No I didn't. My point was that you don't ever need to touch a patrol mission to get to 50 since Doffs fills in the gaps. Which essentially leaves a lot of content as unneeded or unplayed.
    The storyline missions need restructured to provide the gaps needed and the Patrols reinserted.
    Actually... I don't bother AT ALL, unless I want the rewards. I just doff and wait. 1-2 levels a day Via doffing is fast enough for me. It works especiially well if you have a group of chars you're leveling like this.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    The fate of the Romulans is also a topic of debate. What has happened to them since Romulus was destroyed? Are they splintered? How many are left? Who's in charge? Any effort with the Romulans should start from a perspective of "Telling their Story" so that the design is fulfilling to fans.

Let us do it for you. The overall result may have some contradictions and inconsistencies, but so does STO.

Let the fanbase take canon where their imagination can take it. It's an amazing opportunity here.

Think about the long hiatus from 69 to 79, when apart from TAS, the fans kept everything alive. We are in one of those times again, apart from the JJ prise.

Let us continue the story in our long tradition of fanfics and grassroots. Let us tell the stories, please.

We will amaze you, I promise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for your continued participation in this thread. I would however like to point out something very telling. You mentioned 4 "hot topic" issues:

1) the foundry
    2) PvP
    3) the KDF
    4) Romulans

I think it is very important to realize that #1 can be used to solve #'s 3 & 4 if you listen to the suggestions that have already been discussed in this thread. Due to that fact, I think you seriously need to consider making that your top priority. Killing 3 birds with 1 stone is not something that should be ignored.

totally agree!

1 will help 3 easily and when they come 4

also 4 might even help 2 long term. well it would make life more interesting:eek:

btw great to see you in here reading and resonding dastahl :cool:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Let us do it for you. The overall result may have some contradictions and inconsistencies, but so does STO.

Let the fanbase take canon where their imagination can take it. It's an amazing opportunity here.

Think about the long hiatus from 69 to 79, when apart from TAS, the fans kept everything alive. We are in one of those times again, apart from the JJ prise.

Let us continue the story in our long tradition of fanfics and grassroots. Let us tell the stories, please.

We will amaze you, I promise.

all thoe i dont make mission but i would support the ones who will bring my romulans to life as a stand alone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Actually... I don't bother AT ALL, unless I want the rewards. I just doff and wait. 1-2 levels a day Via doffing is fast enough for me. It works especiially well if you have a group of chars you're leveling like this.

doffing is just way too fast. It honestly takes away my motivation to play dev content sometimes, when I know that I'll earn about the same xp with 5 minute now and again quick log in.

I didn't even bother with doffs until I got out of that miranda. From then on, I was just amazed. I would literally play one or two missions, and then it was time to get a new ship.

That's ridiculous. I was barely getting used to the new ship and then I got promoted.

They really need to tone down the doff xp or just take it out altogether.

Why anyone would ever spend actual $$$ on a mid level item or craft on a mid-level item or even grind for purples at mid level is beyond comprehension.

A MMO should take more than 10 hours to reach max level. At launch, it tooks much longer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited September 2012

1) the foundry
    2) PvP
    3) the KDF
    4) Romulans

I agree. CBS / Cryptic could even predetermine the overall storyline for - let's say - a Romulan faction. The best submitted foundry missions would then form the new story . I think almost all the elements for a complete KDF as well as a playable RSE are already there.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Re: Foundry + PVP

Man, some days I would love to just build and publish. Sometimes, brainstorming a story is the hardest part, while I love just building the sets.

Ex: One thing I'm building now: http://youtu.be/eokoLNdefuA

I don't know what the story will be, but a pvp race would be fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    szim wrote: »
    I agree. CBS / Cryptic could even predetermine the overall storyline for - let's say - a Romulan faction. The best submitted foundry missions would then form the new story . I think almost all the elements for a complete KDF as well as a playable RSE are already there.

I'd like to also believe in this method.

"If we build it they will come" should be "If we request it be built, they will build it, and more will come".
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    szim wrote: »

this^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 100 % agree i mean really dastahl said they addid over 40 new ships to the game in 6 months how long do they think players are going to keep spending money on new ships every week for the same game play as they did with old ships

if girls can have to much clothes then they know what to do with would not same apply to ships like if them new 40 ship with in 6 months not counting before the past ships not going to lie but for Feds really we have to much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in my humble opinion this game keeps on the same track as its been going this game has a few years left in it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    kilemorgankilemorgan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    im not going to lie if romulan shortcut are what they are talking about then i want to change my 3 votes :P

and change it to get KDF more content for the more they have sooner i get the romulans i want

I think that these voting choices should have been worded better or there should have been a reface post giving a clearer description of what the Developers are thinking. There is a divide between what players are thinking and Developers are thinking. Yes, that's human nature to a point. The players are through their posts fleshing out what their desires are. Till the Dan post I don't know if there was any sort of fleshing out on that end. Just players projecting what they wished/hoped/desired. To be clear I am not casting anything like blame, just in hindsight things could have been clearer.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    icegavel wrote: »
    Speaking of that winter event, will the Nanopulse weapons be re-released during this event? I have a few Alts that don't have them, and quite a few Silvers I brought to the game that have drooled on it every time they see me totally destroy them with it.

I hope so as someone who rolled alts since then and I'd like a "Fleet" version with the SDisrupt disintegration proc. Maybe add swords too since we now have energy swords in the game via the Tholians. Just make those really, really rare.
  • Options
    kilemorgankilemorgan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    These posts just go to show how meaningless these poll results really are. The lack of explanation on what "Playable Romulans" meant when this poll was posted lead to many people voting for that option thinking it would be a full faction, not a neutered sub faction.

Yes, but that can be said for other options. For example KDF content could mean several things for example. We project what we want them to mean. Just like sometimes a person will project what they think another person is posting.

I post that I vote for KDF to be finished, fleshed out fully before a different faction is discussed. Someone else sees me as wanting there to be no content till that happens and do not care a bit for say the RSE. Which is not what I was posting. It's human nature and we need to strive to avoid it.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    doffing is just way too fast. It honestly takes away my motivation to play dev content sometimes, when I know that I'll earn about the same xp with 5 minute now and again quick log in.

I didn't even bother with doffs until I got out of that miranda. From then on, I was just amazed. I would literally play one or two missions, and then it was time to get a new ship.

That's ridiculous. I was barely getting used to the new ship and then I got promoted.

They really need to tone down the doff xp or just take it out altogether.

Why anyone would ever spend actual $$$ on a mid level item or craft on a mid-level item or even grind for purples at mid level is beyond comprehension.

A MMO should take more than 10 hours to reach max level. At launch, it tooks much longer.

I really think DO XP could be removed or nerfed. Replace the skillpoints with Fleet Marks, dilithium, non replicatable mats, and more commendation XP for hard to level categories like recruitment. The skillpoints themselves are unnecessary and don't really offer much.

If you want to maintain DO leveling after a fashion, add daily missions that let people turn in commodities, Fleet Marks, dilithium, etc. for skillpoints. This allows indirect leveling through DOffing but caps the daily progress without capping DOff rewards and makes DOffing more rewarding at endgame.
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Appreciate the continued following of this thread Dan, honestly do.

And I can understand the massive amount of nuts that goes on behind the curtain and the wizard.

As a romulan fan I simply need to know...not an if, or wed like, I am honestly tired of chasing the carrot. Its a yes or no after almost 3 years (including beta) for our faction.
    Ok so the romulan empire is splintered it causes story problems...we have leader issues our planet is blown up blah blah i get it...but you all also placed in lots of backdoors to this issue.
    Firstly...since the romulan star empire still has a larger control of sector space than the klingon empire we definatly arent dead.
    Secondly...Donatra...what you all did to her was just wrong on so many fronts and it was rumored a few times that we get a chance to save her....
    Sela, in league with the iconians??? yes no...i can see this is something that weighs in as well for the team to figure out...here...ill do it for you...yes shes in league with them...why...because shes not fully romulan in the first place if she was she never would have let the hirogen just have free reign in our sovereign space.
    So ...basically we just need a leader..a single unifier to produce a faction on some scale right?
    create one...hell I did for you in the original forums months ago that was very plausible and believable. That did include a ceasefire with federation and klingons in order to mass build for the coming iconian threat.

As so many have stated...let the foundry do the talking. Just give us the faction, ships green ui, costumes a base and full access to stfs/fleet/pvp and the feature episodes...not as much work is needed this way on your guys end.

The romulan faction is needed and missing. It would be like saying the war in europe durring the 1700s/1800s was made into a game with spain not being a playable faction, just france and england.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    edited September 2012
    One additional possibility I can see is to implement multiple level caps at each rank. Removing each level cap could be done either via item collection or by paying a flat dilithium fee. This could force people to stop and do non-mission content for awhile if they weren't already.

They wouldn't have to if they just want to pay the dilithium. Make it 8k dilithium per rank.

At each pit stop, make sure to point out a different gameplay style aside from missions as an alternative to the 8k fee.

So you're at commander 10. You can pay 8k dilithium, craft a special item -- which provides crafting XP, or PvP 10 times. But your progress is gated until you explore one of these non-mission options to proceed to Captain. It's important to get people acquainted with non-mission content.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There is also the concern that players have put a lot of effort into their existing characters and fleets. It wouldn't necessarily be a healthy choice to introduce a 3rd faction that has its own fleets, duty officer system, ships, and bridge officers because it would be disruptive to the fleets and friendships you've made in game.

You realize A LOT of Fleets have a Fleet up for BOTH factions right now. I don't think a third full faction (after you finish and brig the KDF up to par with the Feds - if that ever happens <-- And not trying to dig at you or be negative, but the history and your own comments up until recently leave the question of KDF parity iin doubt); would impact existing Fleets much. Hell, it would give Cryptic/PWE a WHOLE new line of CStore ships and items to sell fopr the faction too - so I don't see how Cryptic or PWE would find that a concern.

As games expand, players who like the game make 'Alts' to experience the new content for th new faction. If you now feel the need to backtrack from your comments of a third (most likely Romulan) faction, fine - but come on, you're an MMO vet yourself and you know Alts don't detract from the game for players who maintain interest in the game.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    • New Personal Advancement System with Reputation based personal projects
    • New Embassy Fleet Holding with related projects and rewards
    • Several new 5 and 20 man Fleet Events some of which are cross-faction teamable
    • New Max Level Sector with Daily Patrols
    • New Romulan Colony "Adventure Zone" - our biggest to date - includes BOFF gameplay
    • Into the Hive STF - Finally fight the Borg Queen
    • New Ships including the Vesta class
    • New Duty Officer Pack
    • New Loot
    • New Foundry Spotlight feature
    • New Foundry assets
    • UI improvements including the Queues
    • Updated Winter Event
    • 3 Year Anniversary Event

Dan, I know I have been a very harsh critic of late (I just want the game to be better and there are some small things that can be done to system in the meantime). Honestly this summary list alone and your comments here and open dialogue in this thread is exactly what the game has needed.

I am happy to see you are not as forthcoming like you were with Engineering Reports before and am also glad you are not being as tight lipped as you were since re-taking the helm. I think this little list is what players were looking for. One place that gives a broad "developmental roadmap".

I know you have been thinking of how to work the ER in again without being too forthcoming or optimistic with shifting development, but if you could take one thing from your predecessor, how about you do a quarterly "Developmental Road-map" blog like he did just around FTP? No need to get into details but something like that would fill the niche without being too forthcoming.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    bunansa wrote: »
    Appreciate the continued following of this thread Dan, honestly do.

And I can understand the massive amount of nuts that goes on behind the curtain and the wizard.

As a romulan fan I simply need to know...not an if, or wed like, I am honestly tired of chasing the carrot. Its a yes or no after almost 3 years (including beta) for our faction.
    Ok so the romulan empire is splintered it causes story problems...we have leader issues our planet is blown up blah blah i get it...but you all also placed in lots of backdoors to this issue.
    Firstly...since the romulan star empire still has a larger control of sector space than the klingon empire we definatly arent dead.
    Secondly...Donatra...what you all did to her was just wrong on so many fronts and it was rumored a few times that we get a chance to save her....
    Sela, in league with the iconians??? yes no...i can see this is something that weighs in as well for the team to figure out...here...ill do it for you...yes shes in league with them...why...because shes not fully romulan in the first place if she was she never would have let the hirogen just have free reign in our sovereign space.
    So ...basically we just need a leader..a single unifier to produce a faction on some scale right?
    create one...hell I did for you in the original forums months ago that was very plausible and believable. That did include a ceasefire with federation and klingons in order to mass build for the coming iconian threat.

As so many have stated...let the foundry do the talking. Just give us the faction, ships green ui, costumes a base and full access to stfs/fleet/pvp and the feature episodes...not as much work is needed this way on your guys end.

The romulan faction is needed and missing. It would be like saying the war in europe durring the 1700s/1800s was made into a game with spain not being a playable faction, just france and england.

Ok so the romulan empire is splintered it causes story problems... i could see where this could make for great mission for the RSE but would have to come from the foundry for i just dont think the Dev have the money to do mission for any one Feds and yes i know they have more also the KDF and so would be the RSE also
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Ok so the romulan empire is splintered it causes story problems... i could see where this could make for great mission for the RSE but would have to come from the foundry for i just dont think the Dev have the money to do mission for any one Feds and yes i know they have more also the KDF and so would be the RSE also

Going with precedent both for makeup wearing characters and deceased actors, I'd think Tomalak would be a serious contender, someone who could balance the splintered factions, while having enough depth to hate some of the decisions he'd need to make. Which the game could use more of.

He's also on my list of Trek actors I can do a reasonable impression of, along with Odo, the EMH, and Data. :-)

Tomalak was played by a great actor. Sorely missed. :-(
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Going with precedent both for makeup wearing characters and deceased actors, I'd think Tomalak would be a serious contender, someone who could balance the splintered factions, while having enough depth to hate some of the decisions he'd need to make. Which the game could use more of.

He's also on my list of Trek actors I can do a reasonable impression of, along with Odo, the EMH, and Data. :-)

Tomalak was played by a great actor. Sorely missed. :-(

ive thot to my self it would not take much to unite them as a hole again say for example say the KDF knocking at the back door with disruptors ? lol

and aww i did not know that about Tomalak till know ya he was a good romulan :) may he rip
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And thank you for the continued attention to this thread.
    • New Personal Advancement System with Reputation based personal projects
    • New Embassy Fleet Holding with related projects and rewards
    • Several new 5 and 20 man Fleet Events some of which are cross-faction teamable
    • New Max Level Sector with Daily Patrols
    • New Romulan Colony "Adventure Zone" - our biggest to date - includes BOFF gameplay
    • Into the Hive STF - Finally fight the Borg Queen
    • New Ships including the Vesta class
    • New Duty Officer Pack
    • New Loot
    • New Foundry Spotlight feature
    • New Foundry assets
    • UI improvements including the Queues
    • Updated Winter Event
    • 3 Year Anniversary Event

These all sound like some cool stuff, and I can't wait to play around with them.
    A couple small questions on the highlighted items,
    No KDF ships at all?

Will the Updated Winter Event use the same items, Boian Candles, Targ Earmuffs, etc, as last year? I still have some of those on a character or two and just want to know if I should just throw them in the GPL Cinverter now if they will never be used again.

If the 3 year Anni is gonna have another Party Popper, can we the people who don't want to see all the spam they create have an Visual fx setting that will turn off their visual fx and sound on our computers that doesn't degrade the other visual fx? The current Visual fx toggle can "turn off" the Fire Supressor visual spam leaving only a character standing there pinting his hand like he is drunk, but doesn't turn the Party Popper spam off, and I have to turn the setting back up later or else many other visual effects, weapons fire, Orbital strike, etc, looks like garbage. So a swith that just "turns off" the social spam generators would be nice.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can't resist.
    iPvP
    Apple lawsuit in 3... 2...
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Let me add the following to the topic at hand:

In regards to the "lack of content" for KDF, and issues for a potential 3rd faction (Romulans), i'd like to point to a very "rich" source of background story, which could be used to build new missions: Path to 2409

In my opinion, "at level 50" and "the latest episode" should reflect the players "ingame year", whether it be 2409, 2410 or something entirely different. The "Path to 2409" should be reflected in the leveling path that players take between Levels 1 through 50. By the time you reach 50, your story should be upto events of 2409.

The Path to 2409 has ALOT of background information on what happened to the Romulans and why, between the end of Nemesis, and the start of STO. Some of said story is even shown in the loading tooltips. Would it be possible to bring some of the Path to 2409 story to life, in the actual game world for all players to see and experience?
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    Let me add the following to the topic at hand:

In regards to the "lack of content" for KDF, and issues for a potential 3rd faction (Romulans), i'd like to point to a very "rich" source of background story, which could be used to build new missions: Path to 2409

In my opinion, "at level 50" and "the latest episode" should reflect the players "ingame year", whether it be 2409, 2410 or something entirely different. The "Path to 2409" should be reflected in the leveling path that players take between Levels 1 through 50. By the time you reach 50, your story should be upto events of 2409.

The Path to 2409 has ALOT of background information on what happened to the Romulans and why, between the end of Nemesis, and the start of STO. Some of said story is even shown in the loading tooltips. Would it be possible to bring some of the Path to 2409 story to life, in the actual game world for all players to see and experience?

Been saying similar.

Have the UI display level and year. Make rank titles an optional upgrade.

The tutorial should be December 2399. The game starts in 2400. Every 10 levels, you get a story update. So at level 10, you get a news update saying Picard has retired, for example. Level 50 would be the start of 2410. That is 10 years from cadet to admiral but that's more believable than 1 year and not blatantly impossible, particularly if rank titles become feat based.
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Similarly, there are many players who would like to play as a Romulan, but don't want that experience to be as simple as a "playable species". Playing a Romulan should mean your own story and agenda, your own ships, and your own experience. Given the games development history with the KDF, there is skepticism that a Romulan experience would be any better than what the KDF had shortly after launch. The fate of the Romulans is also a topic of debate. What has happened to them since Romulus was destroyed? Are they splintered? How many are left? Who's in charge? Any effort with the Romulans should start from a perspective of "Telling their Story" so that the design is fulfilling to fans.

Thank you for acknowledging this Mr. Stahl. I would not mind if in addition to having a third faction there were unlockable playable Fed/KDF Romulans akin to the Fed Klingons that already exist. As I've said elsewhere I have a Federation "Romulan" and would respecies her if that option were available, but that doesn't mean I don't also want a Romulan Romulan serving the Romulan Empire. I understand that kind of development takes time, and I'm willing to wait for it to be done right. Also, I saw it suggested in the submit questions thread for September Ask Cryptic that there be Romulan/Cardassian bridge officers. These could be done akin to the Caitain/Aenar officers available now. I have seven characters, four Federation and Three Kdf. I'd buy them all a Romulan if I could, and probably at least one Cardassian for my main one. But again, that doesn't mean I don't want a character serving the Romulan Empire in whatever form it exists. I put it this way to a fleetmate of mine last night, having a Star Trek game not including the Romulans would be like having a Babylon 5 game not include the Narn. If it came in the form of a paid expansion, say maybe somewhere in the range of 2000-3000 Zen or so, I'd be ok with that and I'd be willing to bet others like me who want an independent Romulan faction would be as well. I remember as soon as I heard about STO, way back in 2009 or whenever it was I heard of it, I wanted to play a Romulan. Here we are all this time later, and that still is not possible. But at least now you're acknowledging you're hearing us, and that is small comfort at least.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Currently it says Vice Admiral (50) / Lieutenant General (50) next to your XP bar. Instead it should say

Stardate xxxxx.xx (50)

and allow players to toggle between Stardate and Earth Date, much like is currently possible in the Fleet page (under News). Difference being, Earth Date would show a game "Earth Date" rather than the current IRL date. The "Captain's Log" stores the date of all your activities, so it should be a matter of simply pulling the date from "what you do".
    HvGQ9pH.png
This discussion has been closed.