What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic: August 2012

Comments

• Options
    voluptuaryvoluptuary Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    "The reason why Lobi crystals themselves cannot be traded between characters is because we offer all characters a chance to earn free Lobi and it would lead to an exploit."

Don't worry about it. As I haven't been opening suckerboxes you can't exploit me.

"The reason we added them was to prevent an exploit that was harming the game.We pay very close attention to the amount of Dilithium in the economy and how much Dilithium is acquired on a daily basis."

That right there sounds a lot like "We capped you at the amount of usable Dilithium you're able to acquire each day but we're devoting additional time and resources to TRIBBLE with you".

I love how questions pertaining to the latest c-store offerings (blatantly and bizarrely overpriced) was completely ignored.

Good job man.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Playtested "Into the Hive", eh?

Well, I believe it, just like I believed when he said he playtested the first Dominion series episode months and months before it happened.

I just hoe we don't have a repeat of that with this...

Also, skants would be neat. I can already envision the Zapp Brannigan flash mobs in Drozana... Everyone comes in as a random alien, then all at once switch costumes to Zapp and start dancing. It'll be amazing.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »

As a STFer, let me just say that it gets my stamp of approval :D It's really, really awesome.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    People Whine To much, Trekkies? all i see here are Crybabies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As a STFer, let me just say that it gets my stamp of approval :D It's really, really awesome.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So, do we finally get to commit cyborg regicide?
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I can't wait to play it then :D
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Is there a ground version and space version like Cure, Infected, and KA?
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Was it ACTUALLY playtested this time, or was it just fake-playtested, like the so-called "Feature Episode" that Mr Stahl claimed to have tested about 6 months before the episode was even STARTED?
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Any hidden nodes with your name in there?
  • Options
    genericiigenericii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    mirai222 wrote: »
    I was hoping for an answer on the 700 day veteran android options.

I'm mystified why the devs keep avoiding this question.

Ah, but don't forget that last month's Ask Cryptic had a blow-off answer for us. That's supposed to hold us for another 7 months untill they can come up with another excuse.
  • Options
    bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »

Well, I believe it, just like I believed when he said he playtested the first Dominion series episode months and months before it happened.

I just hoe we don't have a repeat of that with this...

Also, skants would be neat. I can already envision the Zapp Brannigan flash mobs in Drozana... Everyone comes in as a random alien, then all at once switch costumes to Zapp and start dancing. It'll be amazing.

I would pay for MC Hammer pants available at the tailor. Nothing beats a Hammer flash mob.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,800 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I found a lot of those answers disappointing. Dan needs to take more time to answwer more questions insead of cherry picking what he can just simply answer with some sort or redundancy.
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jcsww wrote: »
    I found a lot of those answers disappointing. Dan needs to take more time to answwer more questions insead of cherry picking what he can just simply answer with some sort or redundancy.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/Military-Power/Star%20Trek%20Online/dTc6n.jpg
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    And again the KDF doesnt have a have a look in no wonder the player base is only 16%
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    DStahl :
    The reason why Lobi crystals themselves cannot be traded between characters is because we offer all characters a chance to earn free Lobi and it would lead to an exploit.

So you offer 1 mission, and it gives 1 Lobi, and it's not repeatable .
    You admit that ppl are asking for more free Lobi , but you are not giving them the opportunity to earn any substantial amounts ingame .
    And you use all of the above to justify keeping Lobi bound .

/clap-clap-clap/
    * I'm sorry Dan , I just could not find any words to properly describe your actions . :mad:

heres hoping for fleet marks in pvp soon

Oh yeah ... , can't wait for the Armada of AFK-ers to hit PVP when they smell Free FM .
    Mind you I still think it's a good thing to add to PVP , but unless they offer it with a system that substantially awards the winning team ... , well PVP will take an upswing ... , but not in the quality of it's population . :o
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    So you offer 1 mission, and it gives 1 Lobi, and it's not repeatable .
    You admit that ppl are asking for more free Lobi , but you are not giving them the opportunity to earn any substantial amounts ingame .
    And you use all of the above to justify keeping Lobi bound .

/clap-clap-clap/
    * I'm sorry Dan , I just could not find any words to properly describe your actions . :mad

And in that situiation, the exploit is:

Make a new character. Run the non-repeatable 'Free Lobi' missions. Put the Lobi obtained in shared account bank. Delete character. <-- Rinse, repeat. Lots of free Lobi.
    ^^^
    This is why they will never make Lobi an account bound item.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    And in that situiation, the exploit is:

Make a new character. Run the non-repeatable 'Free Lobi' missions. Put the Lobi obtained in shared account bank. Delete character. <-- Rinse, repeat. Lots of free Lobi.
    ^^^
    This is why they will never make Lobi an account bound item.

Two solutions:

1. Make that particular Lobi character bound. (Im sure its possible.)

2. Get rid of that one lobi all together and stop offering free ones in FE reruns. (For account bound Lobi Id be ok with this.)
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Two solutions:

1. Make that particular Lobi character bound. (Im sure its possible.)

2. Get rid of that one lobi all together and stop offering free ones in FE reruns. (For account bound Lobi Id be ok with this.)

+ 1

(or enthusiastic , non sarcastic clap-claps :))

... I mean it's so obvious ...
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Honestly, I don't understand why they keep adding more and more new currencies (Lobi, Marks, Fleet Credits, ect) as we still have GPL which is still all but useless...
  • Options
    babyhead25164127babyhead25164127 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    My question as mentioned by my fellow Fleet member in the last Q and A is this . Will the cap limit be raised on fleets ?

As currently we had to seriously rethink the whole member base we have and to that we almost when it 3 fleets, to which it be too much for are members to build 2 star-bases let alone 3 , there are other MMO's out there there have a larger cap for there guilds to be fair, while the number of fleets affected might have represented a minority, we are large and been around for 10 years and since then the fleet grown in numbers . The large fleets potentially represented 1% or more of accounts, which with the enormous player base could be hundreds of members in a fleet such as ours. So is there a chance this could be looked into ?

Thanks again for your time
    Babyhead4127
    {UFP}
  • Options
    mediklesmedikles Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Q: Are you planning to add PvP related content in the near future?

I would like to invest money into the game but as a pvp orientated gamer the pvp related content which the game offers at the moment is simply not enough for me! To implement stats (leaderboard) would be a big step forward and a reason for me to stay and pay for the game because what I really want as a pvper is persistence!

Thank you
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    We've always wanted to have a Dixon Hill outfit, but if we go all out and do that, we have to add the Tommy Gun in as well
    This made me lol! "I think you got him!"

I also noticed a grammar error on Question 6
    However, but we are still a few months away from nailing this down.
    Shouldn't that be "However, we are still a few months..." or "But, we are still a few months..."?

Sorry if this has already been pointed out, I didn't read through the entire thread.

On the Vesta, I like what I hear, and have an idea (heh, that rhymes!).

Like how the Regent class is a 2409 refit for the Assault Cruiser, why not make the Vesta a "refit" for the Star Cruiser? From what I've read on the Vesta Class, she was a more scientifically oriented ship than the Sovereign, while still being a viable "battleship". She'd probably be suitable as a refit for the Star Cruisers we already have in-game, though I'm not sure if this space was reserved only for the Odyssey (which was called a Star Cruiser, though she was an independent ship as well) and, I have to admit, I don't know how hard it would be to introduce this.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    Not being rude, and it's not only about this subject, there's a lot of people that think this game should be changed based on their own special needs, and often times when these changes happen, they have a more negative impact on the game as a whole. Too many people's mommies told them they were special a little too often. Just hate seeing this game made easier and easier because people don't want to work for anything.

I believe this statement actually proves the point while invalidating it. :)
  • Options
    c0mpc0mp Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    <
    Is waiting for a better NX budle, Xindi and Temporal Cold War FE, an Delta Quadrant *starts holding his breath

HELL YES!!!!!!!

Finally someone has seen the light...

The NX-01 Bridge would be awesome, also where is the voyager bridge? Its the same with the Delta Flyer, the interior is identical to every other "shuttle" interior (not surprisingly the TOS shuttle has the same interior as the flyer -_-).

Although I love the fact that the intrepid's nacelles move when going to warp, the flyers DO NOT.

So an improved NX package Please (with other ships/replicas from the same era) and a Voyager pack PLEASE every other show has had a pack except Voyager!!!!!
  • Options
    ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just a little confused will the mission be like the new STF style with one part space and one part ground?
  • Options
    general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    c0mp wrote: »
    HELL YES!!!!!!!

The NX-01 Bridge would be awesome, also where is the voyager bridge? Its the same with the Delta Flyer, the interior is identical to every other "shuttle" interior (not surprisingly the TOS shuttle has the same interior as the flyer -_-).

Although I love the fact that the intrepid's nacelles move when going to warp, the flyers DO NOT.

So an improved NX package Please (with other ships/replicas from the same era) and a Voyager pack PLEASE every other show has had a pack except Voyager!!!!!

Exactly the Intrepid C-store bridge is a joke, and Im tired of all the shuttle looking the same. one of my fav things about the NX Bridge is it looks more militaristic,but yeah I highly support a Voyager and a better NX bundle. Also I'd love more of Voyagers weapons, especially the ones from elite force. like this one for the Hirogen: http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Tetryon_pulse_disruptor

Not every other show has a pack though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Q: (tobar26th) Any news on ?Into the Hive??

Dstahl: We had our first playtest last week. It is pretty awesome fighting the Borg Queen, but there were several elements leading up to the boss room that need some more work.

Oh hope this means we'll finally get another STF soon.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    c0mp wrote: »
    HELL YES!!!!!!!

Not correct. The Next Generation hasn't had a pack yet either.

While I do want to see a "real" Intrepid-Class bridge, I'd like to see a "real" Sovereign-Class bridge more, but that's my opinion, considering we all have different opinions. Why didn't I see "Galaxy-Class bridge"? Because we already have a bridge pretty close in the C-Store (I think it's the "Justice" or "Triumph" bridge).

Also, I'd like to get a new costume pack, personally. TNG Film vests (we see Sisko wearing one in "In the Pale Moonlight" and Picard wore one in "Star Trek: First Contact") would be nice. Maybe add in 2409 Antares and Sierra variants? Just a thought.
  • Options
    naterag5naterag5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Will we see any actual Star Trek Music in the the game besides using my mp3 player?
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm just hoping Season 7 makes it out before December 21st..

the date of the iconian invasion :eek: