test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tailor

Comments

• manzorianmanzorian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Reporting the same issue aka bug here as well. Just made Vice Admiral with my Science character & I can't update the rank pips on my any of my uniforms. This worked fine before this last patch.

Never ceases to amaze me that Cryptic aka PWE can create more bugs vs. fixes for this game.
  • jafobss1701jafobss1701 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Prob going tobe a Zen Store option in the future. But Confirm bug is it is a Bug.
  • miloguyaussiemiloguyaussie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hope it dont go to the zen store.. its not fair if they do that...

i too tried to custom my new bof and couldnt get the badges etc

please please fix,
    and can we have a tailor on our ships so we dont have to go to esd or a space tation all the time???

please fix...
    Milo Knight -Star fleet Engineer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is because of the TNG anniversary uniform. Note you have to option to put on worf's sash, but no rank or comm badge.

I
  • jollydackjollydack Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    afreeby wrote: »
    This is because of the TNG anniversary uniform. Note you have to option to put on worf's sash, but no rank or comm badge.

I

Yes, but for a short while it all worked; the sash, ranks, stockings etc. After the patch on the 27th (or was it 26th) it stopped working.

I hate this bug! Many things I am able to cope with, but I want the correct rank on my avatar!
  • tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You think you got it bad, one of my fleetmates lost his arms...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/screenshot2012072723231.jpg

He has requested that Cyptic not fix this... :D
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • pureleadheadpureleadhead Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can we fix this already guys? I was patient for 2 days on this one, but it's time to put some spring in your step on this one.
    [Insert Clever Signature Here]
  • dragongod17dragongod17 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    A work-a-round for the rank and combadge problem is use the randomize button on the uniform section of the character editor/tailor (not the face or body section) until you get the combadge, rank, and uniform top combination you want to use.

You still cannot edit the combadge and rank item colors, but will allow to at least get your combadge and rank on your uniform.

A word of warning: it could take a lot of attemps at pressing the randomize in the uniform section to get what you want.

After you get the uniform top, rank, and combadge combination you want, then just edit the uniform top color and set the uniform bottom, belt, boot, and glove selections and colors you want to use.

Hopefully this and most of the other bugs and glitches get patched soon.
  • kquirogakquiroga Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Prob going tobe a Zen Store option in the future. But Confirm bug is it is a Bug.

If this was a joke, it's a bad one! :D

If rank and comm badges make it into the C Store, I'll be PO'd!! :mad:
    Just started playing and I like what I see so far. I'd hate to see PWE nickel and dime us on something that should be included free of charge in game. Maybe the lock boxes aren't generating enough profit?

Hey devs, please fix the tailor! It's become an annoying bug.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The same issue also exists with the windows selection on the ship tailor. Annoying. Bugs are Annoying.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • tk1077tk1077 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Issues I have found since the patch:

1. No option for badges or rank.
    2. Parts of character disappear when editing uniform.
    3. When you try and change the color of a belt, the belt color changes the jacket color instead.
  • sup3rzi11asup3rzi11a Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Why are things broken with every update and never fixed?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sup3rzi11a wrote: »
    Why are things broken with every update and never fixed?
    they get fixed, but sometimes not immediately.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • coffeeprofcoffeeprof Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is total TRIBBLE. I work my TRIBBLE off all night grading exams so I can have a couple of hours to play. I get promoted and now I can't even get my rank pips. This has completely turn me off of playing tonight. I don't think I'll be playing until this is fixed. I know it's just a minor thing, but this REALLY gets under my skin.
  • lewisroscoelewisroscoe Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yep can't say I'm too keen to play until they got this fixed, just looses any appeal when I can't show off ranks and badges n TRIBBLE lol.
  • miloguyaussiemiloguyaussie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i too have been feeling frustrated,

i guess we can only see what happens in this weeks update ?
    i gather there will be one?
    Milo Knight -Star fleet Engineer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aries73321aries73321 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I take it there's been no word from the game staff on this issue? I hope it's fixed soon. I just spent a week leveling my "main" character I'm playing to captain. I would really like to put up his proper rank on his uniform!
  • humanoideyehumanoideye Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Same here, Ever since the update, I had to reinstall the game to get rid of some Byte errors

Since I have logged in, yes the Tailor system is messed up. I too cannot change my com badge or rank for my character or my crew
  • n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    and still no dev reply at all
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • johna08johna08 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    same problem here. it is just annoying.
    edited July 2012
    It's STILL going on?! Come on guys, wake up!

Has there been any comment from the STO team on this? It's stuff like this that makes me madder, at least a "We're working on it." would be nice.
  • kdhester6393kdhester6393 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is the Tailor messed up for anyone else; ie missing rank and badge selection.
    yeah i have the same problem. i just got promoted and now i cant change my rank. they need to fix that
  • kdhester6393kdhester6393 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is the Tailor messed up for anyone else; ie missing rank and badge selection.
    yeah i have the same problem. i just got promoted and now i cant change my rank. they need to fix that
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited July 2012
    You guys do know that it's a weekend right? As stupid as it looks, and as annoying as it is, it didn't crop up until just before the patch right? I wouldn't expect to see a reply from a dev until sometime Monday. And I'm pretty sure that it takes at least a week to get a patch ready to go live.

One of two things will happen.
    They will say, "Oops, we broke the S--T out of that. We know it, you know it, we know you know it and it will be fixed on thursday's patch." Like they did with the Armitage. I'm hoping that this is the case because part of Cryptic's big thing is character customization.

or

"Um, yeah we're sorry. We don't know what happened. Well get it fixed for ya 'soon'." Kinda like cloaking when a dialog pops up or having only one color to choose from for the defiant bridges when there's supposed to be three.

You guys should not expect season updates to go smoothly. You should not expect a patch to not to break something. You should not expect them to fix it right away (or at all).

You should know better by now.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,181 Arc User
    edited July 2012

If they do become store items then I will be finished with STO full stop because that will just be extracting the urine. STO is slowly becoming money grabbers as it is with 700 zen for the EV suit. Ohh well when player numbers decline they will realise the mistake they have made (hopefully).
    edited July 2012
    bohiap wrote: »
    You guys do know that it's a weekend right? As stupid as it looks, and as annoying as it is, it didn't crop up until just before the patch right? I wouldn't expect to see a reply from a dev until sometime Monday. And I'm pretty sure that it takes at least a week to get a patch ready to go live.

One of two things will happen.
    They will say, "Oops, we broke the S--T out of that. We know it, you know it, we know you know it and it will be fixed on thursday's patch." Like they did with the Armitage. I'm hoping that this is the case because part of Cryptic's big thing is character customization.

or

"Um, yeah we're sorry. We don't know what happened. Well get it fixed for ya 'soon'." Kinda like cloaking when a dialog pops up or having only one color to choose from for the defiant bridges when there's supposed to be three.

You guys should not expect season updates to go smoothly. You should not expect a patch to not to break something. You should not expect them to fix it right away (or at all).

You should know better by now.

I do know that it's a weekend, but given that somebody, probably a lot of somebody's have to be working for the game to be online, fix crashes, make sure the turbolifts run on time, etc. It's not in any way unreasonable to want or expect, a prompt comment or response to the users. Nor is it unreasonable to want it to be fixed during that time.
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The devs can't control when Garak blows up his own shop.
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited July 2012
    I do know that it's a weekend, but given that somebody, probably a lot of somebody's have to be working for the game to be online, fix crashes, make sure the turbolifts run on time, etc. It's not in any way unreasonable to want or expect, a prompt comment or response to the users. Nor is it unreasonable to want it to be fixed during that time.

It's probably more automated than you think. Plus, you're also combining operations and development. There is probably somebody making sure the game servers are up. Probably for all of PWE, not just Cryptic. Although they may have one person who's job is to watch Cryptic. There's probably somebody making sure the billing system is up and running. Somewhere there's a GM or two. All of that is operations.

The tailor, or any bug, is a developer issue. All the screaming and venting at customer service or tech support (such as it is) won't help a thing. All of that is on Cryptic's shoulders. Some may be hanging around, putting in a few extra hours, working on there own projects. But, I seriously doubt any software engineers are actually scheduled to work weekends. It won't get looked at until Monday.

IIRC the problem cropped up mid-week last week. I figure it takes at least a week to track it down, write a fix for it (or edit out the bad code that caused it), test the fix on internal shards, then push it out (almost always on Thursdays).

So, if they are working on it now- and have a pretty good idea what got screwed up- then we'll have a fix on Thursday's patch.

Then again, there's always the possibility they have no idea what the hell there doing and it will take longer. After all it's a pretty big glitch that they didn't catch before they released a patch into the wild.

As much as I really want to like STO, enjoy it and stand up for Cryptic, there are times when they make me want to say, "F--K it" and leave.
  • arvistaljikarvistaljik Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Personally it's just a pain that I now have to look at my brand new ship that has different windows on the saucer than on the rest of the ship thanks to the window bug...
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Whoot!!!! Page Se7eN

Oh what should I say that hasn't been said. Please get a developer to reply to this with an ETA fix date or I will start throwing babies off my roof.
    NFA-banner.png