What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The chat ban system needs an overhaul change

12346»

Comments

• snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mewi wrote: »
    [9/6 3:09] [Zone] Mewi@mewi: lets get 500 likes over here :3http://raptr.com/dstahl/news/5047cbe75248b8e3ba/raptr-q-amp-a-star-trek-online

IS ALL I said ONCE, and before I could even say anything else, I was silenced for 24 hours. You guys really need to work on this system, that is nuts.

LMAO.

Best proof of the system working as intended ever!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Glad you're enjoying this, personally I think this incessant raging is unsightly, it's a temporary chat ban, not a death sentence and if your inability to post in chat for 24 hours is of such paramount importance you have issues to deal with of far greater importance than anything within the scope of this game.

That is wishful thinking, a bot store has money to burn from all of the people swindled by them, a gold subscription would be pocket change in comparison. Placing a limit on chat for silver accounts would not guarantee a denial of access to gold vendors and would be punishing far more innocent people than has ever occurred with the current system and for no good reason.

So, You feel like 24 hour silence of not being able to communicate to anyone in-game, when you run a fleet, isn't a huge problem? So you feel that, 24 hour silence is justified just because it is only 24 hours and whether or not it was justified is meaningless?

I am not raging. ( Projection? ) I think you and the one you are favoring is exaggerate in an attempt to straw man my argument. Many players have been targeted abusively by this clearly broken system. I am also going to make the argument that only zone chat regulars who think everything they don't like equates to spam, is "Justified."

How many posts have been directed at my person where they admitted I was unjustly punished, yet literally in the next sentence they say the people who did the action were justified in doing so because they "felt" it was right. Well this is where the problem is, it is based on their comfort level, comfort does not equate experience or the ability to do the right thing for others, the only objective they have is to improve their own personal feelings.

Well here is the reality, not everyone is here to make you feel comfortable, I am not here to make you feel better about yourself, so where is the personal responsibility here? Who is held accountable except the person who had already been punished under no review? This system is a half baked attempt to control bots, but it is clearly being used for malicious purposes.

Whether with intent or feeling, is shouldn't matter, because the result is the same and that is innocent rule abiding players, being subject to punishment of an offense they did not commit.
    snoge00f wrote: »
    LMAO.

Best proof of the system working as intended ever!

I hope that was sarcasm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
    edited September 2012

I believe trolling is in fact against the rules, where as I was silenced by no rules being violated. I am sure you'll get away with it though, so don't worry I don't have an auto-bot script for reporting people I don't like, like zone chat regulars in ESD have ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ok this was funny for a while, but seriously, I think it's time for you to turn the computer off and go play outside. :P
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
    edited September 2012
    medtac124 wrote: »
    Ok this was funny for a while, but seriously, I think it's time for you to turn the computer off and go play outside. :P

*offtopic* n.n my computer is always on, turning it on and off would result in an increased chance of hardware failure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Example: I feel libertarianism is a flawed philosophy, I report the philosophy as spam, because in my mind it is pure rhetorical nonsense, others agree with me, they report the user for their political and economic beliefs, the user gets silenced for 24 hours.
    thats a misnomer nowadays...

used to be true, but no longer is.

simple fact is, people just prefer to leave them on as it is too much effort to turn them off.

More Off Topic ( Can you Forum people make a Computer Discussion forum that is NOT technical support? )

I disagree, any hard disk drive can suffer failure when powering up, why this is the case is due to its internal components. Power surges and temperature fluctuations are particularly bad for computer hard ware, or even any modern day electronic device.

SSDs could solve this issue, but their $$ per gigabyte is just not very efficient or even appealing especially for massive storage devices. For example my computer has a total of 5 TByte hard drives and RAIDed down to 2.5 Terra Bytes, an additional 80GB for SSD OS purposes. Lets just say I love elctricity :3

Now a laptop on the other hand, should not be left on. For one simple reason, Dust, a desktop has a lot more space ( in general ) internally than a laptop would, laptops are often prone to dust caking, especially around the CPU and GPU heatsink fan vents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hi,

This thread has now most definitely run its course, and isn?t providing any constructive/on-topic feedback, so I'm closing this thread down.

1. For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).

2. If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.

3. If you feel you need to get in touch with PWE BranFlakes to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

Cheers, :)

syberghost
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
This discussion has been closed.