test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disabling Account Guard even if its working fine

rhiaroserhiarose Member Posts: 27 Arc User
I have a friend who has played STO with me since beta, preorder, head start etc who cannot access her account now thanks to Account Guard and a disappearing email that wont come through despite having changed the email account and no matter how many spam filter checks she makes, no matter how many addresses she white-lists, etc. And no before anyone mentions it, she cant disable it because to get into her account she is asked for the account guard verification code.

Given all the trouble she has had and how much im enjoying STO once more Im very fearful of the same problem happening to me at some point so I want to disabel account guard.

However, this is the catch, i'm actually hesitant to do so out of fear that the ultra buggy system will somehow lock me out of an account ive spent hundreds of dollars on.

Has anyone had any problem as a result of disabling account guard?

I know it seems a silly question but I really don't want to lose hundreds of dollars of c-store gear, months of work, 2 vice admirals and a Lt General.
Post edited by rhiarose on

Comments

• baracutabaracuta Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have a problem that is alot like your friends. When I made my account I didnt have a real email so I used a fake one and now I cant disable account guard because it asks me for the code which is being sent to an email that dosent exsist. I think that instead of imeadietly turning it on for everyone they should have asked us if we wanted it on in the first place so now im locked out of my account. We should find as many people as possible with a problem like ours and we should all become a angry mob and go to the cryptic building and demand they fix this problem!
  • dwelliesdwellies Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I already posted this in another place but I have the same problem. I used a fake email because at the time STO was having registration problems and my real email was already used in the mess.

Well, after starting STO, I was hooked, never thought to secure the email, nor did I even think I'd ever need it. I logged into my website account with my legitimate password, changed the email, and they sent the conformation to change the email to the OLD email.. which I can't access. So, I am locked out of my account... which is sad, because I am coming back to play after a long time absence. Please either:

1.) remove account guard or ask if we need it or

2.) Allow changing of email addresses without sending it to the original one if a valid password is used.