What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 6 Dev Blog #14

Comments

• Options
    mandrake45mandrake45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Geko, I don't suppose you feel like swapping the Lt Com Eng and Ensign Tac on the Orb Weaver around while you're at it? :)
    Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
  • Options
    kanecabalkanecabal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I wanted to help clarify some confusion over the Fed Mirror Ships:

Mirror ships have a similar name to their prime universe counterpart. That is, an Assault Cruiser is and Assault cruiser ? They are tactical-ish. However, they have the opposite costume. So?

Mirror Assault Cruiser:
    • Prime Universe Star Cruiser Costumes (with mirror texture).
    • Prime Universe Assault Cruiser Stats (boff, console, etc).
    • Prime Universe Star Cruiser Crew Size (matches larger costume)

Mirror Star Cruiser:
    • Prime Universe Assault Cruiser Costumes (with mirror texture).
    • Prime Universe Star Cruiser Stats (boff, console, etc).
    • Prime Universe Assault Cruiser Crew Size (matches smaller costume)

Note, these ships are equivalent in power to in-game rear-admiral Dilithium ships. They effectively give Federation players 3 new costume options (and one texture option) for those ships. Klingons get a whole new ?Star Cruiser-like? configuration in their Mirror Vorcha, but it is still equivalent to a Dilithium ship. As such, they have a better chance to drop than high-end Lock Box ships, like the Tholian Orb Weaver.

Mirror ships are confusing. There are a few errors on the Blog we are straightening out now. Sorry for the confusion.

-geko

The blog is completely messed up right now. The pictures are at the wrong places etc.
    Lifetime - Joined 2008 - U.S.S. Kilimanjaro - Inner Circle
  • Options
    sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    genhauk wrote: »
    Yes ... We want our c-store skins to be usable on these ships.

It's not so much that I've paid for it, as that is seems like it would fit. I mean Terran Empire, Imperial Class, just seems to go to together. Overall I'm hoping to get a Mirror Assault Cruiser, I love the Spacewhale design, it's probably my favorite of the Cryptic Made ships on the Fed Side.
  • Options
    esuziesuzi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How I feel about the two Tholian ships at least:

Tholian Orb Weaver
    The two Ensigns makes this thing awkward. I'd much rather see these rolled into either an Lt Tac, Lt Sci, or Lt Universal. As is, the LtC Universal just seems like it'll never find a really good home.

Tholian Recluse Carrier
    While a nice unique theme, the two ensigns make this one awkward too. As is, the Cmd Universal is even harder to find a good home for than the LtC on the Orb Weaver.

I was hoping I'd being expanding my list of ships that came out of a box, looking like this may not be the case.
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So, for example, If I unlock the Fleet Star Crus, can I use it with the Sovereign skin?

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for all info.

The Tholian carrier looks really nice. And the Fighter too.

About the Mirror Universe ships, looks good too.

The Tholian Lockbox are well served with good ships. Good.

But I missed the price of the lobi store.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • Options
    mandrake45mandrake45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    esuzi wrote: »
    How I feel about the two Tholian ships at least:

Tholian Orb Weaver
    The two Ensigns makes this thing awkward. I'd much rather see these rolled into either an Lt Tac, Lt Sci, or Lt Universal. As is, the LtC Universal just seems like it'll never find a really good home.

Tholian Recluse Carrier
    While a nice unique theme, the two ensigns make this one awkward too. As is, the Cmd Universal is even harder to find a good home for than the LtC on the Orb Weaver.

I was hoping I'd being expanding my list of ships that came out of a box, looking like this may not be the case.

It's made worse by the fact that apart from the uni slots, you only get a tac ensign. I'm going back to waiting on the Vesta or alleged Breen sci ship.
    Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
  • Options
    crypticgekocrypticgeko Member Posts: 87
    edited July 2012
    Q: Will players be able to use unlocked C-store costume parts on the mirror ships?

A: Yes. If a ship shares the same skeleton, it automatically unlocks for all. Thus, the Rhode Island Costume works on the Nova, Nova Retro and Nova Fleet. So the same applies here.

Note, you won?t be able to put a prime universe Assault Cruiser Imperial Costume on a Mirror Universe Assault Cruiser. But you can put a Prime Universe Nomad costume on a Mirror Universe Assault Cruiser.

Inversely, if you own a Mirror Assault Cruiser, you will be able to put the Mirror Universe material/texture on a Prime Universe Star Cruiser.

Bugger! That was confusing :)
  • Options
    esuziesuzi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mandrake45 wrote: »
    It's made worse by the fact that apart from the uni slots, you only get a tac ensign. I'm going back to waiting on the Vesta or alleged Breen sci ship.

Most definitely, and making the Uni tac seems like too much tac on both of them.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2012
    kanecabal wrote: »
    The blog is completely messed up right now. The pictures are at the wrong places etc.

Please try clearing your cache as I am not seeing this error :) Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Q: Will players be able to use unlocked C-store costume parts on the mirror ships?

A: Yes. If a ship shares the same skeleton, it automatically unlocks for all. Thus, the Rhode Island Costume works on the Nova, Nova Retro and Nova Fleet. So the same applies here.

Note, you won?t be able to put a prime universe Assault Cruiser Imperial Costume on a Mirror Universe Assault Cruiser. But you can put a Prime Universe Nomad costume on a Mirror Universe Assault Cruiser.

Inversely, if you own a Mirror Assault Cruiser, you will be able to put the Mirror Universe material/texture on a Prime Universe Star Cruiser.

Bugger! That was confusing :)

Whoa...thanks for the answer though! At least as soon as make heads and tails of this :P
  • Options
    j4ck5p4rr0wj4ck5p4rr0w Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2012

So we will be able to use the Exeter skin on the T5 Excalibur?
  • Options
    kanecabalkanecabal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Please try clearing your cache as I am not seeing this error :) Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

cleared the cache, but still seeing the Assault Cruiser Picture underneath the Star Cruiser, whereby the Star Cruiser picture is with the Assault cruiser stats? You really think thats right? I am confused about this.
    Lifetime - Joined 2008 - U.S.S. Kilimanjaro - Inner Circle
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Meh, not really interested in any of them. They're a bit ugly, and in the end there is nothing new for me to do with these toys. STO is feeling less like Star Trek each update.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mandrake45 wrote: »
    Geko, I don't suppose you feel like swapping the Lt Com Eng and Ensign Tac on the Orb Weaver around while you're at it? :)

It's perfect as it is. It's the best science carrier ship in game now. It just lacks a Lt tactical or sensor analysis to be the ultimate weapon.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cleared the cache, but still seeing the Assault Cruiser Picture underneath the Star Cruiser, whereby the Star Cruiser picture is with the Assault cruiser stats? You really think thats right? I am confused about this.

try reading the fluff, it explains it there.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    edited July 2012
    cleared the cache, but still seeing the Assault Cruiser Picture underneath the Star Cruiser, whereby the Star Cruiser picture is with the Assault cruiser stats? You really think thats right?

What looks like the Prime Universe Star Cruiser with the mirror universe skin is the "Mirror Universe Assault Cruiser" (first mirror pic), and what looks like the Prime Universe Assault Cruiser with the mirror universe skin is the "Mirror Universe Star Cruiser" (second mirror pic).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What looks like the Prime Universe Star Cruiser with the mirror universe skin is the "Mirror Universe Assault Cruiser" (first mirror pic), and what looks like the Prime Universe Assault Cruiser with the mirror universe skin is the "Mirror Universe Star Cruiser" (second mirror pic).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    In plain non-Vulcan english, it's intentional.

;)
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    crypticgekocrypticgeko Member Posts: 87
    edited July 2012
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    Meh, not really interested in any of them. They're a bit ugly, and in the end there is nothing new for me to do with these toys. STO is feeling less like Star Trek each update.

Yeah, whats so trek about a Tholian Web anyway. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    So, again, if I have a Star Curs I can give it a Sove skin with this ship? Not the mirrow skin, a canon Sove skin?

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    So, again, if I have a Star Curs I can give it a Sove skin with this ship? Not the mirrow skin, a canon Sove skin?
    Not quite.

If you have a Mirror Universe Assault Cruiser, you can use it's skin on the standard Star Cruiser. And the same for MU Star Cruiser and standard Assault Cruiser.

The standard skins cannot be used on the Mirror ships.

Both Mirror ships can use any of the purchased C-Store skins for the Assault and Star Cruisers, as well as the three standard choices, just in Mirror skin.

Does this help?
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, whats so trek about a Tholian Web anyway. :rolleyes:

Perhaps he was referring to Federation players flying Tholian ships rather than the Tholian ships themselves.

Shouldn't federation players have to wear a hazard suit while on the ship? After all, the interior was not designed for environmental conditions suitable for humans.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    Does this help?

Yes, thank you.

Btw, not intresting, I stay with muy good looking canon Sovy

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So we Klingons have a new ship available from lockboxes that we didn't ask for. Please don't misunderstand, I like new stuff I wasn't expecting, and I like the ship look and layout (I think) but I have a concern...

In the Mirror Universe the Klingon/Bajoran/Cardassian alliance (referred to hereafter as the Klingons) did not exchange ships for cloaks with the Romulans. To reiterate, the Mirror Klingons have NO CLOAKING DEVICES. For the life of me I cannot remember the episode in DS9 where Quark and Rom have to steal the cloak from the Rotarran to give to Mirror Ezri to take to Regent Worf in exchange for Grand Nagus Zek but they did so because, and I feel I have to make this clear, the Klingons did not have the tech themselves and the Mirror Defiant did.

So, my concern is this... should the Mirror Vor'cha have a cloak and if so, why? By the same token, the Terran Empire in 2409 is a direct descendant from the resistance so the Terran ships could conceivably have cloaks (why, since they had the plans for one, which Smiley stole, would they not use it in all their ships?).

On a simpler note... LOVE the tholian ships, LOVE them!

EDIT: I realise after asking the question that the KDF could just fit their own cloak so I feel a bit thick but the question about the possibility of a basic Terran cloak still remains...
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I know many of you are asking me via Twitter about the ISS prefix -- I just spoke to Starfleet Command and they let me know that when the Federation needed to make their "minimal modifications" to the mirror ships, they changed the prefix to USS so it could be re-registered. I'm being told that the KDF needed to do the same and updated the registry to IKS.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Perhaps he was referring to Federation players flying Tholian ships rather than the Tholian ships themselves.

Shouldn't federation players have to wear a hazard suit while on the ship? After all, the interior was not designed for environmental conditions suitable for humans.
    The blog also meants that great pains were made to adept the captured ship's interiors for our comfort.
    Was named Trek17.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    So we Klingons have a new ship available from lockboxes that we didn't ask for. Please don't misunderstand, I like new stuff I wasn't expecting, and I like the ship look and layout (I think) but I have a concern...

In the Mirror Universe the Klingon/Bajoran/Cardassian alliance (referred to hereafter as the Klingons) did not exchange ships for cloaks with the Romulans. To reiterate, the Mirror Klingons have NO CLOAKING DEVICES. For the life of me I cannot remember the episode in DS9 where Quark and Rom have to steal the cloak from the Rotarran to give to Mirror Ezri to take to Regent Worf in exchange for Grand Nagus Zek but they did so because, and I feel I have to make this clear, the Klingons did not have the tech themselves and the Mirror Defiant did.

So, my concern is this... should the Mirror Vor'cha have a cloak and if so, why? By the same token, the Terran Empire in 2409 is a direct descendant from the resistance so the Terran ships could conceivably have cloaks (why, since they had the plans for one, which Smiley stole, would they not use it in all their ships?).

On a simpler note... LOVE the tholian ships, LOVE them!
    That is true they don't have cloaking devices.

But I imagine on a captured ship, the KDF would make sure it is worthy of entering battle, which might include installing a cloaking device on it.

That is, if it will use one.
    Was named Trek17.

• Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was hoping the Mirror ships would be a bit more... different. Special. Or strange. But I understand why they are the way that they are. It makes sense.

Am I reading it right that the two Tholian ships each have two Lieutenant Commander slots? Isn't that a bit unbalanced?
  • Options
    raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I know many of you are asking me via Twitter about the ISS prefix -- I just spoke to Starfleet Command and they let me know that when the Federation needed to make their "minimal modifications" to the mirror ships, they changed the prefix to USS so it could be re-registered. I'm being told that the KDF needed to do the same and updated the registry to IKS.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

well that sux I like the ISS prefix.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    interesting, the star and assult cruiser trully are mirrored then! in the mirror universe they swap the ensign station they have in the prime verse. and the mirror vorcha has the opposite ensign station to the prime vorcha.

im glad this is a case were power creep wasn't out of control, like it has been latterly.

possible blog errors- the mirror vorcha has 3 tac consoles and 2 sci consoles listed. intended? also it has +5 Power to all Subsystems listed as well as +10 Power to Weapons and Engines

those tholian ships, my brain is in a fog looking at their station setup, i don't know weather to laugh or cry.

Orb Weaver

COM sci
    LTC eng
    LTC uni
    ENS tac
    ENS sci

this thing is scary. not only does it have 2 LTC stations, 1 of them is universal! this is bug ship levels of better then the alternatives, no other science vessel maters as of now. depending on how you set it up, most cruisers no longer mater too. its turn rate is beter then any fed cruiser at least.

you could have 2 TLC eng stations for nearly max cruiser healing, plus the COM sci. the ENS tactical is all you need for TT1. best healer in game bar none.

a tactical captain with a LTC tac in the universal would be twice as dangerous as all those tac/recon sci ships are now.

and if you made the universal LTC science, you would basically have an intrepid with a LTC eng.

sure, it has no LT level stations, but thats because 1 was bumped to LTC status AND made universal, and the other was just reduced to ensign. that is NOT an even trade at all.

if i were to make this more balanced, i would make the LTC eng just an LT station, and make the tac ENS a LT station. it would be kinda like a science ship version of the free/fleet odyssey

Recluse Carrier

COM uni
    LTC sci
    LTC eng
    ENS sci
    ENS tac

universal. commander. holy. TRIBBLE. its allready got decent sci and eng covered with a LTC station each, if you were extra crazy you could give it a comander tac for the lulz, i know at least i person who would jump at that.

all something like this needs is TT1 from tactical, and its got that. with a COM eng and the LTC sci its healing will he huge, even better then the sci ship, as long as people stayed close to it. shooting through a COM, LTC eng and LTC sci will prove difficult, thats gives you access to every heal in the game. i don't know why you would want a COM sci in this, most of those high end sci skills need you being maneuverable, a COM eng is the obvious choice.

this also makes the other 2 big fat carriers irreverent, this is heads and shoulders better. the cost will likely be so prohibitive that it would be ludicrous to try gathering that much lobi. im sure when the store price is posted people will figure it out to be ~$300+ if you get mostly only 4 lobi per box or something.