test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 6 Dev Blog #14

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Details about the new Tholian Lock Box and Lobi ships are revealed in this entry of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    those tholian ships look great! as for the mirror universe assault cruiser, are you sure on those bridge officer and console slots? they appear to be the same as the current assault cruiser.

edit- after taking a closer look, something else appears off..
    Tholian Widow Fighter

The Tholian Widow Fighter is available for purchase for Lobi at the Lobi vendor.

The Tholian Widow is small, nimble fighter. It comes with a Tetryon Beam Array and a Thermionic Torpedo Launcher. Thermionic Torpedoes are capable of draining the target's Weapon and Engine Subsystems with each hit, reducing its damage output and speed temporarily.

All equipment that comes with the Tholian Widow Fighter can only be used on other small craft.

Minimum Rank: Rear Admiral (Fed) or Brigadier General (KDF)
    Hull Modifier: 0.5 (Hull strength increases as you level)
    Shield Modifier: 1.3
    Crew: 3
    Weapons: 3 Fore, 3 Aft
    Device Slots: 1
    Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Ensign Tactical, 1 Ensign Science
    Console Modifications: 2 Tactical, 0 Engineering, 1 Science
    Base Turn Rate: 31 degrees per second
    Impulse Modifier: 0.32
    +5 Weapon Power, +5 Engine Power
    Tetryon Beam Array that increases in effectiveness as you level
    Thermionic Torpedo Launcher that increases in effectiveness as you level
    Can equip cannons
    Cehus.png
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Uh, The Terran Ships have the Exact same Boff and Console layout as the normal versions. Aren't they supposed to be different?
  • Options
    kanecabalkanecabal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Agree with the post above. Are they actually not supposed to be different?
    Lifetime - Joined 2008 - U.S.S. Kilimanjaro - Inner Circle
  • Options
    yris3yris3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Erm, where is S6 Dev Blog #13?:D

Nice ships, looking forward to these new lockboxes.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok, pwebranflakes, can I have a orb weaver for Christmas, please?
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    dassemstodassemsto Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hmm... I never knew my old star and assault cruisers were mirrored... but they must be, cause they have the same stats as the mirror ships! :p
  • Options
    thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If the small craft last time around cost 800 lobi, will the carrier cost about 4000 lobi?

edit: I checked tribble, and the current prices are 300 for the fighter and 800 for the cruiser. I really hope it stays this way as 800 is expensive but attainable, and I'm really interested in this carrier.
  • Options
    derekslidederekslide Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kanecabal wrote: »
    Agree with the post above. Are they actually not supposed to be different?

Needs to be investigated!
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yris3 wrote: »

Oops, looks like they did skip a number, didn't they? :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Mirror Star Cruiser configuration includes the mirror version of the Noble class.

The Mirror Assault Cruiser configuration includes the mirror version of the Avenger class.

shouldn't these be switched??
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    lan451 wrote: »
    yris3 wrote: »

Nice ships, looking forward to these new lockboxes.

What about reading first the news: DEV Blog #13 - Tholian Lock Box
  • Options
    raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Nope, Dev Blog 13 was yesterday detailing what was IN the Tholian Lock Box

edit: Ninja
  • Options
    veldrane2kveldrane2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The officer slots on the Tholian ships seems really interesting.

It just looks like the Mirror Star Cruiser and Assault Cruiser are just visual swaps, so the Star Cruiser fights like the Assault Cruiser and vice versa.

The Vor'cha though definitly has a typo, otherwise it gets +15 to weapons and engines and +5 to shields and aux.
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Are the lockboxes going to drop (I hope not) or be on the Zen Store?
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    kanecabal wrote: »
    What about reading first the news: DEV Blog #13 - Tholian Lock Box

Except it isn't labeled as Dev Blog #13. It just says "Tholian Lock Box".
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Details about the new Tholian Lock Box and Lobi ships are revealed in this entry of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

Brandon ... You guys posted the exact same information for the mirror ships as the regular versions which I'm guessing is a mistake.

Also ... can you customize these ships with the other cruiser parts (including the Imperial if you've unlocked it)?

Look at the bridge officer layout.

OR ... is the mirror assault cruiser actually the sci cruiser and the star cruiser mirror the tactical? .... am so confused.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2012
    cehus wrote: »
    Tholian Widow Fighter

Weapons: 3 Fore, 3 Aft

Good catch. This was fixed elsewhere but still managed to slip into the Blog.

The true weapons arrangement is 2 Fore, 0 Aft.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    mandrake45mandrake45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Except it isn't labeled as Dev Blog #13. It just says "Tholian Lock Box".

"Tholian Lock Box
    Details about the new Tholian Lock Box are revealed in entry #13 of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series."

Bad titling is all.
    Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Borticus ... What about the mirror assault and star cruisers .... are they wrong in the blog post or just switched in mirror form with assault mirror the same as the standard FED star cruiser and vice-versa ?

UPDATE ... OK ... I get it ... they ARE reversed which is cool as I've always loved the Star Cruiser look but hated her boff layout.

Question ... can you use the unlocked C-store skin on her?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think there are a lot of errors in this blog, not only with the weapons on the tholian fighter, but mirror cruiser stats as well.

Also, could we get to know the Lobi price of both the fighter and the carrier please?

Edit:
    Also for the Carrier:
    +5 Engine Subsystems, +5 Auxiliary Power
    Isn't this a bit too little? Only +10 total bonus power, while most other ships get at least 15.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    mandrake45 wrote: »
    "Tholian Lock Box
    Details about the new Tholian Lock Box are revealed in entry #13 of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series."

Bad titling is all.

I see. In that case they should go back and fix it. Looking at the news archive page, it goes from Season 6: Dev Blog #12 to Season 6: Dev Blog #14. Seems a bit sloppy to be honest.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited July 2012

What about the Bridge Officer slots of the Terran Ships?
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The next question will be : how much will cost that carrier? 2000 lobi (500euros/$)? 4000 (1000euros/$)? :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2012
    Updated the blog to correct a few things:
    • Tholian Widow Fighter: Weapons: 2 Fore
    • The Tholian Widow Fighter's image has been updated to actually show a Tholian Widow Fighter
    • The Mirror Assault Cruiser's image has been updated to actually show a Mirror Assault Cruiser
    • "The Mirror Assault Cruiser configuration includes the mirror version of the Avenger, Vanguard, and Emissary class"
    • The Mirror Star's image has been updated to actually show a Mirror Star Cruiser
    • "The Mirror Star configuration includes the mirror version of the Sovereign, Noble, and Majestic class"

Dev Blog #13 was called "Tholian Lock Box" so that it would show up in the launcher with that title :) The excerpt description on the front page states: Details about the new Tholian Lock Box are revealed in entry #13 of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series. -- It is also labeled here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/seasons/season6news

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Any indications on what the stats of these mirror ships will have?
  • Options
    sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Updated the blog to correct a few things:
    • Tholian Widow Fighter: Weapons: 2 Fore
    • The Tholian Widow Fighter's image has been updated to actually show a Tholian Widow Fighter
    • The Mirror Assault Cruiser's image has been updated to actually show a Mirror Assault Cruiser
    • "The Mirror Assault Cruiser configuration includes the mirror version of the Avenger, Vanguard, and Emissary class"
    • The Mirror Star's image has been updated to actually show a Mirror Star Cruiser
    • "The Mirror Star configuration includes the mirror version of the Sovereign, Noble, and Majestic class"

Dev Blog #13 was called "Tholian Lock Box" so that it would show up in the launcher with that title :) The excerpt description on the front page states: Details about the new Tholian Lock Box are revealed in entry #13 of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series. -- It is also labeled here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/seasons/season6news

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat no Imperial Skin? I know it's ugly, but it seems like it would come from the Mirror Universe.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Link to the blog.

Brandon / Devs .... Will the three mirror universe ships be able to use the costume parts for the regular verse ship bodies if the player has unlocked those ship costume styles already?

(Example would be the Imperial costume and what the heck is the name of the star cruiser skin? )

Me going after these ships is pending this answer.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat no Imperial Skin? I know it's ugly, but it seems like it would come from the Mirror Universe.

Yes ... We want our c-store skins to be usable on these ships.

• Options
    crypticgekocrypticgeko Member Posts: 87
    edited July 2012
    I wanted to help clarify some confusion over the Fed Mirror Ships:

Mirror ships have a similar name to their prime universe counterpart. That is, an Assault Cruiser is and Assault cruiser ? They are tactical-ish. However, they have the opposite costume. So?

Mirror Assault Cruiser:
    • Prime Universe Star Cruiser Costumes (with mirror texture).
    • Prime Universe Assault Cruiser Stats (boff, console, etc).
    • Prime Universe Star Cruiser Crew Size (matches larger costume)

Mirror Star Cruiser:
    • Prime Universe Assault Cruiser Costumes (with mirror texture).
    • Prime Universe Star Cruiser Stats (boff, console, etc).
    • Prime Universe Assault Cruiser Crew Size (matches smaller costume)

Note, these ships are equivalent in power to in-game rear-admiral Dilithium ships. They effectively give Federation players 3 new costume options (and one texture option) for those ships. Klingons get a whole new ?Star Cruiser-like? configuration in their Mirror Vorcha, but it is still equivalent to a Dilithium ship. As such, they have a better chance to drop than high-end Lock Box ships, like the Tholian Orb Weaver.

Mirror ships are confusing. There are a few errors on the Blog we are straightening out now. Sorry for the confusion.

-geko