test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Log-in Issue: Account Guard

major0kuzmanmajor0kuzman Member Posts: 4 Arc User
In regards to the Star Trek Online Update: (July 14, 2012) I would like to address a rather serious issue: Account Verification, more importantly, "Account Guard". On behalf of the Star Trek Online Community, cretin members, "myself included", are experiencing difficulties in the following areas: Logging-in, Account Verification, Accessing email and or, changing old email address.

With the first issue, as of today: (July 14, 2012) logging-in into the Star Trek Online: "Live Holo-Deck servers", have become impossible without the means of providing a "VERIFICATION CODE".

Moving forth, this "code" is only accessible via the user account email. Note: changing the email address, in-order of obtaining the verification code, is IMPOSSIBLE without first logging into the email in-hopes of obtaining the verification code.

Finally, the third issue. The only way to to get access to the verification code, is through the users email. Note: this verification code can only be obtained through ONE SPECIFIC ACTION. Furthermore, providing PERSONAL ACCOUNT INFORMATION in-hopes of obtaining the verification code: Account Name and Password, WILL NOT grant access to the verification.

So my question is: is their another way of changing the account email without it requiring confirmation from the inaccessible email?
Post edited by major0kuzman on

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Your best bet would be to contact PWE support. (I'd try https://support.perfectworld.com/ or search around for the email address)

BTW, LOL at all the wordiness just to say you can't access your email that you registered with.
  • salvidlinsalvidlin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My favorite is that I had to change the email on my cryptic account to be able to reset my password (as the old account was no longer accessable or even existed).

A month or so later they did the whole account linking thing. At that point it automatically created the Perfect World account for me, I just had to provide a password. Silly me for not checking that it used the right information because low and behold today I cant log into the game anymore with out getting the verification code that is being sent to the old, no-longer valid, non-existing email account that should never have been automatically populated into the Perfect World account in the first place.
  • thesgsniperthesgsniper Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My problem is that I keyed in the wrong email address, it should end with .com.sg not .com only. No confirmation code, just log in, that is why the mistake went unnoticed.

Now they introduced the Account Guard and I am now stuck.

BTW Support Page does not load. Firefox gives the "page not redirecting properly".
  • cypheruk08cypheruk08 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would like to know just how many people this has affected, and if support has fixed it for them i submitted a ticket 7 days ago, they asked for details then nothing, im still waiting to get online, ill give it 2 more days then uninstall, if it takes over 7 days just to change my email address(I no longer have access too) god help anyone else who has paid money in the shop and have problems.

for someone like me who even did beta this is pretty poor

ps these account verifiacation threads are getting a lot of views so there must be more people out there with the same problems
  • warbatronwarbatron Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think we should call for a rollback of account verification until these issues are sorted. It is preventing a lot of players from playing the game they love and cryptic/perfect being silent about the issue isnt helping. If they are working on a solution then we need to know its being worked on. :confused:
  • captain1968captain1968 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can't access my account as well. It says an email been sent. But nadda. I've invested money into it as well now. If it doesn't get resolved FAST I want a refund on te money I've invested.

I sent a ticket out today. Will let members know if it takes over 7days for a response.

All I want to do is play te dam game.
  • captain1968captain1968 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    well I figured out my issue for logging in wit te verification code my dam "h" key om my keyboard doesnt work any more. my emails are being sent to as follows

name@yaoo.com instead of name@yahoo.com. te latter is spelling on my account page.

sent another ticket about it as well.
  • masterpop2masterpop2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yes im having the same problem as well it reverted to an old email address that no longer exists and im completely locked out i have no way of getting into sto, Unfortunatly i have submitted a ticket about it and nothing, they arent even bothering to respond about it.
  • zephyrsszephyrss Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is the reason why so many mmos are free to play because the creators of the game are to (insert random bad word here), to be able to do the smallest things correctly.

Why has the account verification not been removed untill things are sorted.

In the past week i was able to play 1 hour then the account verification locked me out. I have recieved an email with a code about 5 days ago but that was almost 2 days after i needed the code. so the code was expired.

That means that my email is ect is correct it's just the programmers they have are to **** to be able to write code properly.

I am just so glad that i do not pay for this game.
  • fastattackfastattack Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am having a similar issue. My email is correct but no authorization code is being emailed to me. I have not been able to play the game now for almost 2 weeks. I have reviewed all the forums and info about account guard. I have submitted a ticket long ago... and I simply get the same info from the forums about account guard thrown back at me in a support email. The problem is not on my end. I have tired to turn account guard off... but cannot do it becuase it also requires and authorzation code which is suppose to be emailed to me. Again, no auhtorzation code emails are getting to me. Yet support is able to email me with no problems. I've checked all my folders etc.... I have even now requested the support staff to turn off account guard for me... but have not received any answer about this possible option yet. I still am unable to log into the game and play.....frustration levels have reached a new high... sadly im looking for a new game to play. Blocked for 2 weeks is just silly.
  • o0oroyo0oo0oroyo0o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    this update has affectedd me too i have loged in once since the update on rare accident....
    i signed up with perfect world registed as @ol.com[/email] typo the a after @ ...
    RollBack?...
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Let's hope PWE/Cryptic sorts this out. I have no access to my account, because I do need a security code. However I never received one. When I check my account status on the webpage it is marked as inactive. To change it, I need to login with a security code.
    edited July 2012
    if i spork out the 3-4 bux for a secure code keycode if they exist, maybe i coulda loged in weeks ago?
  • zamilosu1972zamilosu1972 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i have the same problem i wanna change my email because the older is blocked i make a ticket but nothing and now i`m stuck
  • crimsonlenacrimsonlena Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have access to my email address and STILL cant login. This is ridiculous.
  • gourikigouriki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have access to my email address and STILL cant login. This is ridiculous.

Same here. Also I recieved an answer from the support which tells me to add this "noreply@startrek"blabla to my mail-friendlist. Done that and deactivated the spamfilter, but still no mail with a code. Neither one for actually login nor one to change my mail-adress.

Maybe there is an issue because I have a dot in my mailname, like "xy.name@yahoo", thats the last thing I can imagine this account guard have a problem with.
  • gourikigouriki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just figured out what the problem is with my mail. When I login to my mail account, the mail adress above the password ends with ".com", but in my personal account settings it is stated that my mailname ends with a ".de".
    Problem is, I can't change this at my account settings in STO since it is an e-mail change and I have to fill in an authorization code... fu yahoo for changing the end of my adress just because I live in germany... >_>

Now trying to reach the support so they can change it themselves.

The funny thing is, the official account name is name@yahoo,com, but with this I am not receiving any mail, with name@yahoo,de it is the same, I don't receive any mail from f.e. my second mail account or from friends or whatever. Yahoo sucks, I'm going to change it to another adress.
  • baracutabaracuta Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    LOL am I the only person here who sent a ticket and got a response? I told them to ask me questions to prove that this account is mine. I havent answered the questions yet since I only saw their reply today.
  • miked1968miked1968 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    baracuta wrote: »
    LOL am I the only person here who sent a ticket and got a response? I told them to ask me questions to prove that this account is mine. I havent answered the questions yet since I only saw their reply today.

Somehow my e-mail address got changed to a non-existent ISP somehow. ie. cocmast.net instead of comcast.net

I can not get the AG verification code e-mail to log in the game and I submitted a support ticked to change my e-mail address.

I was told to give them specific information on the support ticket, which I did and I'm still waiting for them to change my e-mail address.

I was thinking of canceling my "Gold" membership because of this, but I can't even log into the create/manage subscriptions to cancel without the AG verification code.

If I contact my bank to block any future charges, I have to pay a $49.00 fee to put a stop on the charge.

All I want them to do is change the bogus e-mail address to the correct one so I can play!
  • baracutabaracuta Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    We should all join up as an angry mob and assault cryptic studios HQ, since this problem has not been solved diplomatically, they have given us no other choice but to become hostile!!
    edited August 2012
    my account was fixed a week or so ago (wrong email)
    meh
  • latinumloverlatinumlover Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have 2 other accounts I cant use too. The email addresses are correct but there was no verification codes on either account. There is however Star Trek, Champions, and PWE Torchlight 2 spam in my in box. No message about the new account guard, no verification code, nothing.
  • grungepunkgrungepunk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I too cannot access my account. I changed my G-Mail password awhile back and forgot what I changed it to. Google does not have a live support team. Everything is automated. Sorry if I can't fill out an automated form saying who I E-Mailed the most from my E-Mail address in the last SIX YEARS Google! I used my e-mail to sign up for TRIBBLE like this. Not send people stupid little letters everyday of my life. Of course Google doesn't have a form for people like me so unless you have 5 pen pals you write daily you're screwed out of getting your account back. Now I try to start playing Star Trek again after all this time and I realize that even though I still remember the username and password to my account I can't play the game. SUCH GARBAGE! I'd rather have a chance of somebody hacking my account than not being able to use my own account. This is SOOOOO dumb! I need to change my E-Mail address but I can't do it without my old E-Mail address. Bleh!
  • g6845g6845 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ya I found out after I got my new computer about the authorization code and found out that I misspelled my email address and I AM A GOLD SUBSCRIBER I cant even unsubscribe because it needs the verification email and it sends it to a non existent email all I want to do is play the game I love also sent so many tickets about a week ago no response captain pardon the pun pwe quite frankly SUKS :mad:
  • feeblezakfeeblezak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I cannot cancel my subscription because of this. Unable to play the game for 4 days while PWE still charges sub fee....
  • feeblezakfeeblezak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE i am a subscriber i should be able to access my account! I have played since beta and endured all the bull**** PWE put us through and now they are stealing my money.

I wonder if any form of legal action could be taken.
  • cmdrchris#1512 cmdrchris Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I too have been locked out of my account due to the account guard mess. I have tried to change my e-mail several times and finally submitted a ticket for it and no response as of yet!!

It's rather a pain in the butt because I really want to continue playing STO.
    If someone from tech support is reading this PLEASE GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND RESPOND TO THE TICKETS!!!
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I too have been locked out of my account due to the account guard mess. I have tried to change my e-mail several times and finally submitted a ticket for it and no response as of yet!!

It's rather a pain in the butt because I really want to continue playing STO.
    If someone from tech support is reading this PLEASE GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND RESPOND TO THE TICKETS!!!

In case you didn't know, the description of this forum is...
    - Receive peer to peer support for technical issues in regards to Star Trek Online here! File a support ticket if you need help from the Cryptic Support team.

If you actually want someone from Cryptic/PWE to respond, then you should be posting this on the PWE Tech Support Forum... http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/