test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Device abuse getting very old... .

Comments

• darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think it's funny that people actually argue for the ability to use virtual party poppers. Sounds childish to me.

Why should people have to change instances when they're going about their own business? If your next door neighbour holds too many loud parties, do you move? No, you try to come to a mutual consensus. A cooldown would be fair. People get to keep their virtual party poppers (you know they sell them in real stores, don't you?) and other people won't be as annoyed.

(Logging on to fire virtual party poppers. Every time I think about it I laugh. Surely you have better things to do? Missions? Starbase development? Respecting other people?)
  • shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    People who do sex RP in public are wrong.

People who act like idiots at them instead of reporting them are wrong.

People who don't just let everyone have fun their own way, within the rules we all agreed to follow are wrong.

/thread
  • cakeballscakeballs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kimmera wrote: »
    Same way I dare tell someone not to use an air horn in my face or play music WAY too loud at 3 in the morning.

Freedoms only extend to the point where they limit the freedoms of others

When will people understand that you need to separate real life from online gameplay. Seriously. Get help.:(
    edited July 2012
    I can one up that!

My 'rendering' comment got quoted on SA STO thread! *L*

I'd quote what they said, but I'd most likely get booted off for profanity or comments about the mentally disabled or something. It wasn't flattering. :P

BTW, love the art on PG 1.

You can thank Butts for that. He's quite the artist! I love him, personally. Very fun person.:D
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cakeballs wrote: »
    When will people understand that you need to separate real life from online gameplay. Seriously. Get help.:(

When people understand online game play IS an extension of the real life person?

What does it say about you when you act like this in a environment that allows you to behave like you want?

Personally I could care less. The problems of the OP are minimal to my annoyance of the general chat that goes on. The "Celebs" (as they like to think of themselves) are way more annoying to me.

Just report them all as you see fit.

Just once though, give a thought....., think about not being offended by their actions, even the "special people" need a outlet. I'm sure the person who has to spray tribbles all over ESD, is suffering from some deeper issue. We should respect that.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This probably won't win me any friends in this thread, but I am an RPer.

And as an RPer, I think Drozana is currently a toxic environment full of misogyny and awful, lewd behavior. Not because of the trolling, but because of what usually passes for RP there.

I used to go there every now and again, before it became the place we know and sort of grudgingly tolerate. Now, I go there only when there's a mission, and I don't linger, because I don't want to see what people are doing in there.

I don't think trolling is the answer, though. I don't know what the answer is, tbh. If I did, I'd be doing it myself.

I just want an awesome cantina where assorted scum and villainy can hang out without people putting their sexual hangups on public display. :(

EDIT: And no, this is not a one-sided problem. I've seen plenty of non-RPers posting dirty stuff, having gross biographies, and the like. I've also seem people troll non-dirty RPers with sexual harassment, often in local and very vividly described. I'm not saying this to distract from bad RPers, because there's certainly a problem there, but it's not an RPer problem, it's a bad player problem.
    edited July 2012
    This probably won't win me any friends in this thread, but I am an RPer.

And as an RPer, I think Drozana is currently a toxic environment full of misogyny and awful, lewd behavior. Not because of the trolling, but because of what usually passes for RP there.

I used to go there every now and again, before it became the place we know and sort of grudgingly tolerate. Now, I go there only when there's a mission, and I don't linger, because I don't want to see what people are doing in there.

I don't think trolling is the answer, though. I don't know what the answer is, tbh. If I did, I'd be doing it myself.

I just want an awesome cantina where assorted scum and villainy can hang out without people putting their sexual hangups on public display. :(

EDIT: And no, this is not a one-sided problem. I've seen plenty of non-RPers posting dirty stuff, having gross biographies, and the like. I've also seem people troll non-dirty RPers with sexual harassment, often in local and very vividly described. I'm not saying this to distract from bad RPers, because there's certainly a problem there, but it's not an RPer problem, it's a bad player problem.

You won a friend here. People need to take their sexual and lewd BS out of this game. Take it to Second Life where it is tolerated. If you want content, too bad. :rolleyes:
  • blackmarch0blackmarch0 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    aethon3050 wrote: »
    What is this abuse of nerve tonics? I didn't even know that item was useful for anything outside of that one mission, lol.
    Or better yet just have a game option that disables you from hearing/seeing party favor item actions.
  • laytinlaytin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm on Drozana quite a bit, I've never noticed any weird role playing because I turn local off. These guys are just trolls with a cause. As long as PWE lets them do their thing, they're going to keep doing it. Is it annoying? Sure, but if trolls with virtual fire extinguishers is you're biggest problem, you've got it pretty sweet. When I'm on a station and they start up, I switch instances. It's a minor inconvenience, but it's not a huge deal.

Fact of the matter is, if they couldn't bug the RP'ers, they'd find someone else; because they are trolls and that's what trolls do. They've been trolling this thread and the OP the whole time.

That being said, this is a nice change from kvetching about lock boxes.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    @ the OP:

Seriously dude? You are complaining that someone is having fun (in whatever shape that may be) in a video game?

Get off your high horse and relax.
  • aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You're in a fleet; turn off local and zone chat, and talk to your fleetmates (I never use local or zone; they're mostly filled by people who skip through all the tutorials, then ask everyone how to play the game). Then, if effects bother you, switch instances.

Problem solved.
    edited July 2012
    laytin wrote: »
    I'm on Drozana quite a bit, I've never noticed any weird role playing because I turn local off. These guys are just trolls with a cause. As long as PWE lets them do their thing, they're going to keep doing it. Is it annoying? Sure, but if trolls with virtual fire extinguishers is you're biggest problem, you've got it pretty sweet. When I'm on a station and they start up, I switch instances. It's a minor inconvenience, but it's not a huge deal.

Fact of the matter is, if they couldn't bug the RP'ers, they'd find someone else; because they are trolls and that's what trolls do. They've been trolling this thread and the OP the whole time.

That being said, this is a nice change from kvetching about lock boxes.

THIS MAN! This man knows what it's all about. No, really. You see, Dental doesn't change instances. It's the easiest way to avoid them.

I've done some experiments and they appear to not push around people using nerve tonics on the floor, but only on tables and bars. They also leave dancers not using nerve tonics alone. I can see what they're trying to do.

Aside from that, nerve tonic has gone through the roof, so why do people even bother?:confused:
  • synkr0nizedsynkr0nized Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They also leave dancers not using nerve tonics alone.

As a neutral bar space station, it's admittedly a little fun to kick back, shoot the ****, and be silly with various warriors and officers. Even vigilant and dutiful firemen and dental professionals appreciate that.
    _______
    equal parts cynical and helpful
  • vixificationvixification Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I couldn't agree more with the fact that the 'Fun' items are getting out of hand.

I mean it's fun when you have one guy running through ESD using it, but its less fun when 2 dusin guys in EV suits are jumping around using every variant of the damned thing available, causing most to lag and some to crash, and then finding it funny.

They're interrupting gameplay, and RP is completely impossible on Drozana now that Starfleet Dental has taken over it.

And then the hate on Nerve Tonics? You know, if the Nerve Tonic began to play Baby by Justin Bieber everytime someone used it? THEN I'd support getting rid of them...But you know what? They're quiet, they're fun, and its as easy to get rid of, as simply not looking at it...Not so easy to not notice a space station covered in smoke, causing you to lag so badly that you can't move.

So cut the justification of these actions, if there even are any anymore, the Nerve Tonic is doing nothing wrong, while an entire fleet of renowned trolls and griefers from EVE Online are going nuts in space stations, violating the ToS and EULA at every turn by lowering gaming experience for others.

That's my view on this whole situation.
    Proud Leader of the Sensual Adversaries and Co-Leader of Knights That Say Ni
    Proud Co-Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
    Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
    edited July 2012
    I couldn't agree more with the fact that the 'Fun' items are getting out of hand.

I mean it's fun when you have one guy running through ESD using it, but its less fun when 2 dusin guys in EV suits are jumping around using every variant of the damned thing available, causing most to lag and some to crash, and then finding it funny.

They're interrupting gameplay, and RP is completely impossible on Drozana now that Starfleet Dental has taken over it.

And then the hate on Nerve Tonics? You know, if the Nerve Tonic began to play Baby by Justin Bieber everytime someone used it? THEN I'd support getting rid of them...But you know what? They're quiet, they're fun, and its as easy to get rid of, as simply not looking at it...Not so easy to not notice a space station covered in smoke, causing you to lag so badly that you can't move.

So cut the justification of these actions, if there even are any anymore, the Nerve Tonic is doing nothing wrong, while an entire fleet of renowned trolls and griefers from EVE Online are going nuts in space stations, violating the ToS and EULA at every turn by lowering gaming experience for others.

That's my view on this whole situation.

I hate how you try to justify dancing for internet sex and money. No wonder you support it, leader of "sensual adversaries". You allow this TRIBBLE to go on within the station.

And why do you keep saying they're from EVE Online? Most of Dental doesn't even play that game. What next, are you going to claim I'm the Mittani?

Edit:
    Starfleet Dental was actually roleplaying earlier today as night club staff. Everyone is happy at the moment. The only people who keep pushing them are the morons from Darkwing and Exxilez. Anyone who even bothers with them is what is provoking them. You stop dancing with that tonic TRIBBLE and they won't even bother you!

Once again, quit trying to justify sexy dancing for money. Take that TRIBBLE OUT of Drozana!

Also, a bunch of other non-dental players have been spraying randomly. Not sure what that's about.
  • seraphantillesseraphantilles Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    To op: try Second Life. Then this will seem like a relaxing meditation zone.

Anyway my solution was to get the Tuffli. Seriously. Best. Thing. Evar. Even if it is a bit too reminiscent of the ship interiors from Dead Space. Sometimes I expect one of those babies with tentacles to jump out at me.
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    popers are fun people do stuff because they can
  • vixificationvixification Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Between the Fleets "shut up wesley" and "starfleet dental" to know a few off the top nonstop sitting in stations ALL of them just spamming and devices that can Constantly.. no way to turn the Fkin effects off. The same people me and many others out there Consistantly Ignore, just run around still non stop Spamming these Extinguishers or whatever other effects they can think of. Spouting the most idiocies they can think of. Can we not put a Cooldown on these Effects or DISABLE them on non mission maps. I understand some of the devices were built for fun like the tribble launcher, flame thrower or that light show effect. But it is no longer amusing when it becomes offensive because you have to turn your game sound effects off. Try to tune the affects out. This isnt a one time thing. This is day in and day out on multiple stations. The worst Offender being Drozana, which sadly is going to become a more then ever popular station until people can get there banks, exchanges, mail working on the Starbases. IF there is an option to turn the effect off that I dont know of let me know. IF not, Can the countless tickets that me and other friends put in Actually be looked at. Fun affects are only fun when they are NOT being power abused. In your own Rules it states this is offensive and will be delt with. When the hell is it going to be delt with. How many times do people have to report the same players, The same Fleets Blatantly doing it non stop all hours of the day.
    I hate how you try to justify dancing for internet sex and money. No wonder you support it, leader of "sensual adversaries". You allow this TRIBBLE to go on within the station.

And why do you keep saying they're from EVE Online? Most of Dental doesn't even play that game. What next, are you going to claim I'm the Mittani?

Edit:
    Starfleet Dental was actually roleplaying earlier today as night club staff. Everyone is happy at the moment. The only people who keep pushing them are the morons from Darkwing and Exxilez. Anyone who even bothers with them is what is provoking them. You stop dancing with that tonic TRIBBLE and they won't even bother you!

Once again, quit trying to justify sexy dancing for money. Take that TRIBBLE OUT of Drozana!

Also, a bunch of other non-dental players have been spraying randomly. Not sure what that's about.

Standing on a table and pushing a key to make your character move in a specific pattern, and people decide to give you EC for it....Sure...It's so much more horrible than 2 dusin children running around a space station harassing people and causing so much lag that the game becomes unplayable.

Cry me a river, honey, you're so tight rough around the edges that you're giving me rug burns just talking to you.
    Proud Leader of the Sensual Adversaries and Co-Leader of Knights That Say Ni
    Proud Co-Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
  • dariusmajeredariusmajere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Regardless of reasons. The out of mission Devices Should have a cool down timer on it to prevent Effects Abuse. I do not know why this already is not in effect because it would then enforce there EULA. The poppers I have no issues with. If there not being Effect Abused. But this goes beyond Drozana, This is any of the stations. The ERP and the Dancing for Money.. Not even going to step near that one. I have known people to Gift CP to those Dancing Avatars. Back when you were able to. I know Several players that have Received anything from Borg Tribbles, Special BOFFS, Even ship packs. For doing there thing. As much as the ERP and selling yourself for in game currency Irks me. It Gets them there Edge. Would I personally rather see a player head to the damn Gentleman's Club in the City and at least Hope to get a chance in RL with a Woman (never know whos behind that avatar, Specially when you think its a Real Girl with the handle of @ItHangsLeft (hope that one doesn't exist lmao). But Each to there own lol. If you are going to ERP, If you are going to Attempt to score some Items/cash by selling yourself, Keep it out of Local! Take it to /Tell, Drag em to your star base, your bridge, There bridge, Skype, AIM, hell Go as far back as Prodigy to keep it from irking others.

But Disable that effect abuse ability or Fix your Client so that its - honestly - not as advanced as they claim graphics. Do not lag out on effects. There are games out there that run Thousands of people on One Server with High Definition Graphics. 30-75 people on one Instance, Should be handle able in todays technology.
    Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
    Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
    [SIGPIC]http://massivechaos.enjin.com/[/SIGPIC]
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I read through this whole thread only to think ... There are actually people who defend Starfleet Dental, Shut Up Wesley and others like them ?

These people make whole forums talking TRIBBLE about all other players on the game. Sharing tips about how to grief and not break the rules, etc etc. You defend them , while they are laughing at you and planning ways to steal from you , go read their threads about recruiting people getting them to donate to fleet bases and then kicking them after usefulness is done.

People actually defend these guys ?

/facepalm
  • retunred4goodretunred4good Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not to be a smartass, but what the hell does "dusin" mean??
    -It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.
    edited July 2012
    Not to be a smartass, but what the hell does "dusin" mean??

The idiot can't spell. She means dozen. :rolleyes:

I've come across a few adult players on this game that can actually spell. It's a shame that the internet makes you stupid.
  • perfesserpoopperfesserpoop Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    But Disable that effect abuse ability or Fix your Client so that its - honestly - not as advanced as they claim graphics. Do not lag out on effects. There are games out there that run Thousands of people on One Server with High Definition Graphics. 30-75 people on one Instance, Should be handle able in todays technology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbxaJqfAI6g
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • klaatuwolfklaatuwolf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Time for me to throw a little willy pete on the fire here. I think the cooldown on effects in non-mission areas should also extend to sector space. I don't know how many times I've gone to DS9 or Drozana and found it covered with warp plasma, repair drones or fireworks. often times enough to lag me to the point I get disconnected. And it's worse for me (and probably quite a few others) as I play mostly from a dialup connection (go ahead, I'll wait till you finish pointing and laughing).......ok, finished? Because of my connection situation, I mostly just do doff missions and with the sector spam, it makes it all but impossible to do *anything*. Just my two quatloos, and if you feel the urge to flame me, go ahead because all it will accomplish is to waste your time.
  • laytinlaytin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Standing on a table and pushing a key to make your character move in a specific pattern, and people decide to give you EC for it....Sure...It's so much more horrible than 2 dusin children running around a space station harassing people and causing so much lag that the game becomes unplayable.

Cry me a river, honey, you're so tight rough around the edges that you're giving me rug burns just talking to you.

Whoa. Wait a minute. When you say "Standing on a table and pushing a key to make your character move in a specific pattern, and people decide to give you EC for it", you make it sound like it some sort of coincidence. Drink a nerve tonic and someone gave me some EC, cool. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that it's not really a coincidence and that it happens deliberately.

I'm not in support of the trolls and I never really got into RP'ing, not my scene, but I've got to say; how the normal RP'ers didn't chase these types out of Drozana shocks me as you're really giving them a bad name.

I always saw RP'ers as some fringe group in the game and never really gave them much thought, but now I sort of feel sorry for them. Not only do they have to deal with the trolls, but they also have to explain that not all of them are strange virtual strippers.
  • tontokowalski22tontokowalski22 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    klaatuwolf wrote: »
    Time for me to throw a little willy pete on the fire here. I think the cooldown on effects in non-mission areas should also extend to sector space. I don't know how many times I've gone to DS9 or Drozana and found it covered with warp plasma, repair drones or fireworks. often times enough to lag me to the point I get disconnected. And it's worse for me (and probably quite a few others) as I play mostly from a dialup connection (go ahead, I'll wait till you finish pointing and laughing).......ok, finished? Because of my connection situation, I mostly just do doff missions and with the sector spam, it makes it all but impossible to do *anything*. Just my two quatloos, and if you feel the urge to flame me, go ahead because all it will accomplish is to waste your time.

Now you're showing us that you're just plain anti-fun.

I'm not so sure that it's your connection that is causing you problems. It might be the commodore 64 you're trying to play this on.
    vSzSPTd.jpg
    I don't always feel like endlessly grinding for hours with little to gain from it. But when I do, I choose Star Trek Online
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm not so sure that it's your connection that is causing you problems. It might be the commodore 64 you're trying to play this on.

Truly the kind of care and support one can expect from a Starfleet "safety officer."
    Certainly. If he overloads that thing it could cause a fire.
    vSzSPTd.jpg
    I don't always feel like endlessly grinding for hours with little to gain from it. But when I do, I choose Star Trek Online
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Man I totally agree I would take a million people roleplaying firemen and exterminators over the tons of horrible perverse stuff that everyone does on stations like Droz.

It's disgusting and to think any little kid could log on to STO expecting to be a hero like Captain Kirk only to have a bunch of creepy pedophiles with **** filled backgrounds hit on them the second they come onto a station with the intention of being a space ghostbuster.

Disgusting I say. If anything should be banned it should be anyone with nonstop references to sex and **** in their backgrounds. What compels people to write out an entire graphic background for some character who was sold as a sex slave when they were born is just beyond me. If you want to do that then take it to another game because that just should not be tolerated in STO.

Lemmee see if I got this straight... you're perfectly okay with kids logging in and being exposed to death, destruction and mass murder. To blowing up ships that, were this in any way real, would be filled with people they have just consigned to a fiery or cold and icy death. You're okay with them being exposed to Xenophobic reactions, to race hatred, race warfare, class warfare and class hatred... to prejudice and ignorance of all sorts... to jingoistic knee jerk reactionaries and childishly stupid concepts such as "The Noble Warrior" or the "Nobility of Self-Sacrifice"... ideas and attitudes that have contributed to centuries of suffering and anguish on this planet (and, likely, on any other planet we might ever encounter them)... but you're gonna freak if they happen to get exposed to anything sexual? To something that is healthy, happy and quite normal. That is NOT destructive, NOT harmful... just fun?!?

Are you serious??

What are you... a time traveler from the Victorian era???

...Go away!
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • firefox3178firefox3178 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree that some of the comments I have heard around Drozana have made me want to shut off local chat, but overall I think the craziness is a welcome relief from the constant grinding of dil or fleet marks. It reminds me of being back in high school ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cryptic: If you think the bugs are bad, wait until you see our fixes!
This discussion has been closed.