test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Device abuse getting very old... .

dariusmajeredariusmajere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Between the Fleets "shut up wesley" and "starfleet dental" to know a few off the top nonstop sitting in stations ALL of them just spamming and devices that can Constantly.. no way to turn the Fkin effects off. The same people me and many others out there Consistantly Ignore, just run around still non stop Spamming these Extinguishers or whatever other effects they can think of. Spouting the most idiocies they can think of. Can we not put a Cooldown on these Effects or DISABLE them on non mission maps. I understand some of the devices were built for fun like the tribble launcher, flame thrower or that light show effect. But it is no longer amusing when it becomes offensive because you have to turn your game sound effects off. Try to tune the affects out. This isnt a one time thing. This is day in and day out on multiple stations. The worst Offender being Drozana, which sadly is going to become a more then ever popular station until people can get there banks, exchanges, mail working on the Starbases. IF there is an option to turn the effect off that I dont know of let me know. IF not, Can the countless tickets that me and other friends put in Actually be looked at. Fun affects are only fun when they are NOT being power abused. In your own Rules it states this is offensive and will be delt with. When the hell is it going to be delt with. How many times do people have to report the same players, The same Fleets Blatantly doing it non stop all hours of the day.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
[SIGPIC]http://massivechaos.enjin.com/[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by dariusmajere on

Comments

• cakeballscakeballs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Someone from Subspace Radio stated: Stopped reading when they can't spell "effect."

Really? You should stop complaining. If you want to talk about abusing devices, talk about the abuse of Nerve Tonics.
  • dariusmajeredariusmajere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Last I checked Dance emotes didnt spray across your screen and make horrid noises.
  • onenonlydrockonenonlydrock Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Agreed. Extinguishers and party poppers need to be nerfed or eliminated.

Now, this wouldn't be needed if a certain group of trolls didn't abuse their party popper privileges.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What is this abuse of nerve tonics? I didn't even know that item was useful for anything outside of that one mission, lol.
    edited July 2012
    lol the tonic makes the female character do a different dance... Its absolutely quiet and if you never noticed it, it just shows how abusive and annoying it truly is lmao.
    edited July 2012
    cakeballs wrote: »
    Someone from Subspace Radio stated: Stopped reading when they can't spell "effect."

Really? You should stop complaining. If you want to talk about abusing devices, talk about the abuse of Nerve Tonics.

I am sure that person does very well as a English teacher as a career I would hope. If they are arrogant enough to stop reading because of a few misspelled words and not continue on with a paragraph. I would assume they don't play this game at all with how many language issues it has. Especially the patch notes.
  • perfesserpoopperfesserpoop Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ..."shut up wesley" ...
    There is a fleet called "shut up wesley"? Ha. That's awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sonicshowersonicshower Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Indeed. They are fun guys to get to know
    sh2sxc7.gif
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not to sound try I am having a go, but why not just change instances. I have both party poppers and don't use them, I know some abuse them and when it gets too much I just change instances. The great thing is also, I mainly play KDF and I've never had that abuse on Qo"Nos, the Academy or any KDF only area/planet/station, only on Drozana, DS9 and at Earth holdings where the Federation is.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    but no really dont hold back tell us how you feel....

are you finished?? good then lighten up! this is a game hence it implies fun. if we are having fun why be an old woman about it does it cause you real harm? do the party poppers poision you and make tiny cuts on your skin? NO they do not instead of ruining somebodys idea of fun if you dont like it change instances or leave and conduct your business elsewhere. better yet get out there and play the game instead of hanging around DS9 all night long. Go handle your needs at the academy it is more quiet and actually more convienent. If you lay with dogs you get fleas if you spend time in DS9 you get trolled its that simple.
  • sonicshowersonicshower Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    your all welcome to unload your party poppers on my bridge if you need refuge from the haters
    sh2sxc7.gif
    edited July 2012
    I worked hard to get my party poppers and I'll be darned if anyone's gonna take them away!

Maybe the co-leader of sensual adversaries would understand that erotic dancing because of a TONIC would raise some concern to us casual gamers.

I don't appreciate walking into any social setting with someone using a nerve tonic and dancing like they're giving a lap dance. I see it everywhere! Drozana, Risa, Bajor, EVERYWHERE! If you're going to complain about people using a fire extinguisher, I'm going to complain about erotic behavior that isn't acceptable.

Do that stuff on your ship, not in public instances.
  • pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Said something.

Now I am laughing .... if your going to have a fake account for posting under as a goon fail and a real account you might want to change the avatar ? i mean really is it a requirement for goon fails to have a low IQ ?

Anyone reading this thread, the OP has no legitimate complaint he is simply a goon fail (who are pretending to be starfleet dental) who are among a group of players bullying and harassing people on drozanna and abusing devices for the sole reason of ruining the game for other people.

Im sure those out there who have played EVE online will have heard of the goons :rolleyes:

I cant believe you posted under two accounts with the same avatar, oh man thanks for making me laugh !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Now I am laughing .... if your going to have a fake account for posting under as a goon fail and a real account you might want to change the avatar ?

AHAHAHAHAHA OH MAN Oh I'm sorry. That's grand.

You obviously don't pay attention to current events, do you?:D
    edited July 2012
    But think of all the people using older systems. Their poor graphics cards and CPU's can't handle all that extinguisher smoke! :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    I don't appreciate walking into any social setting with someone using a nerve tonic and dancing like they're giving a lap dance. I see it everywhere! Drozana, Risa, Bajor, EVERYWHERE! If you're going to complain about people using a fire extinguisher, I'm going to complain about erotic behavior that isn't acceptable.

Do that stuff on your ship, not in public instances.

You're kidding me right? Have you ever watched the Original Series, you know the one with William Shatner in it or Enterprise with the Orion Slave Girls, have you been to the Red Light District on Qo'Nos? It's what Orion women do and should be an emote for them. If you want to complain about behaviour, what about those sickos who play the game and lay don under female characters looking up their skirts. Should they be nerfed so they can't lay down, maybe we could ban and remove them. :D
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
    edited July 2012
    But think of all the people using older systems. Their poor graphics cards and CPU's can't handle all that extinguisher smoke! :eek:

What about that 20-man fleet queue? That is seriously something that will lag you.

Stop complaining about a stupid extinguisher and complain about something that will seriously lag you to TRIBBLE.

That fleet queue definitely had me going at 15 fps for a while.:eek:
    edited July 2012
    You're kidding me right? Have you ever watched the Original Series, you know the one with William Shatner in it or Enterprise with the Orion Slave Girls, have you been to the Red Light District on Qo'Nos? It's what Orion women do and should be an emote for them. If you want to complain about behaviour, what about those sickos who play the game and lay don under female characters looking up their skirts. Should they be nerfed so they can't lay down, maybe we could ban and remove them. :D

How about you do that dancing over at Qo'Nos and not Drozana? It's canon!

I say we just ban RPers. It's the ethical way to do things, am I right? :cool:
    edited July 2012
    Smoke and mist effects are harder to render.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Now I am laughing .... if your going to have a fake account for posting under as a goon fail and a real account you might want to change the avatar ? i mean really is it a requirement for goon fails to have a low IQ ?

Anyone reading this thread, the OP has no legitimate complaint he is simply a goon fail (who are pretending to be starfleet dental) who are among a group of players bullying and harassing people on drozanna and abusing devices for the sole reason of ruining the game for other people.

Im sure those out there who have played EVE online will have heard of the goons :rolleyes:

I cant believe you posted under two accounts with the same avatar, oh man thanks for making me laugh !

Maybe you should stop picking on goons and think for a minute.

I, for one, am on the side of the goons in this. Sure, the extinguishers get old fast, but I'd rather have those than people having explicit netsex in the room when I'm trying to play. Take it your bridge, please.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • erocenerocen Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm afraid the people from Starfleet Dental do go a step further than just spamming fire extinguishers and party poppers. Many people on Drozana, DS9 and Bajor have been targetted by spam mail. In one case, a KDF player recieved over 4000 messages in their inbox, all of which were pretty offensive. This wasn't just the action of one person, but a whole fleet. Tickets have been raised to take action, but no one from PWE has done a thing. These guys are here to offend and cause as much distress as possible, without actually playing the game.
    edited July 2012
    That I can actually agree on. Keep it PG. That's not too much to ask.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • plox21plox21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Between the Fleets "shut up wesley" and "starfleet dental" to know a few off the top nonstop sitting in stations ALL of them just spamming and devices that can Constantly.. no way to turn the Fkin effects off. The same people me and many others out there Consistantly Ignore, just run around still non stop Spamming these Extinguishers or whatever other effects they can think of. Spouting the most idiocies they can think of. Can we not put a Cooldown on these Effects or DISABLE them on non mission maps. I understand some of the devices were built for fun like the tribble launcher, flame thrower or that light show effect. But it is no longer amusing when it becomes offensive because you have to turn your game sound effects off. Try to tune the affects out. This isnt a one time thing. This is day in and day out on multiple stations. The worst Offender being Drozana, which sadly is going to become a more then ever popular station until people can get there banks, exchanges, mail working on the Starbases. IF there is an option to turn the effect off that I dont know of let me know. IF not, Can the countless tickets that me and other friends put in Actually be looked at. Fun affects are only fun when they are NOT being power abused. In your own Rules it states this is offensive and will be delt with. When the hell is it going to be delt with. How many times do people have to report the same players, The same Fleets Blatantly doing it non stop all hours of the day.

so in your case the PWE should disable every special effect in game because you dont have explosive party popper or fiery party popper?:mad:
    Now i will tell you what rest of us think about this forum....
    Rest of ppl: OMG WHO THE HELL CARES..
    Me: GO **** YOURSELF LITTLE *****..

ahhh it feel soo good when you tell the true , im ready for forum ban now......SMITE ME!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    NERF the party popper thread?!? O.o

this is my favourite so far

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    next time you are going to complain about Biothermal Dampeners?
    Starfleet Dental maintains a balance in the world :D
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erocenerocen Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Very constructive. Don't like what someone says, spout off hate filled language to them instead of behaving like a civilised person.
  • randalbattalisrandalbattalis Member Posts: 0
    edited July 2012
    grimrak1 wrote: »
    Maybe you should stop picking on goons and think for a minute.

I, for one, am on the side of the goons in this. Sure, the extinguishers get old fast, but I'd rather have those than people having explicit netsex in the room when I'm trying to play. Take it your bridge, please.

Man I totally agree I would take a million people roleplaying firemen and exterminators over the tons of horrible perverse stuff that everyone does on stations like Droz.

It's disgusting and to think any little kid could log on to STO expecting to be a hero like Captain Kirk only to have a bunch of creepy pedophiles with **** filled backgrounds hit on them the second they come onto a station with the intention of being a space ghostbuster.

Disgusting I say. If anything should be banned it should be anyone with nonstop references to sex and **** in their backgrounds. What compels people to write out an entire graphic background for some character who was sold as a sex slave when they were born is just beyond me. If you want to do that then take it to another game because that just should not be tolerated in STO.
  • tontokowalski22tontokowalski22 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    erocen wrote: »
    Very constructive. Don't like what someone says, spout off hate filled language to them instead of behaving like a civilised person.

You're right. The Roleplayers have to go.
    vSzSPTd.jpg
    I don't always feel like endlessly grinding for hours with little to gain from it. But when I do, I choose Star Trek Online
    edited July 2012
    How about you do that dancing over at Qo'Nos and not Drozana? It's canon!

I say we just ban RPers. It's the ethical way to do things, am I right? :cool:

Um I don't dance I hate going to Drozana, plus I agree with you about RPers, they spam up the local chat up to a point you can't even play your missions over there, It's a real pain. I don't mind them doing their thing, just keep it off local, they could always go to Risa or something, very few people there and so they won't get harassment and stop harassing us actual game players.
    edited July 2012
    Awww Thats Cute, Someone actually took the time to actually take my picture at set it as there own. I hope more people do it. Imitation is the ultimate flattery someone can get. Especially when they take time to change the avatar picture to me :)

I have no problems with the party poppers or the effects that people Earn. I have problems when it is taken past a Socially dont thing and into just a form of abuse. Straight up the back to back triggering of the devices is a Violation and listed in the rules as a no-no. When it goes past the I am hanging at a party having fun to, hey im going to chase individuals around spamming the key 50,000 times back to back. That is no longer using it as a festive item. It becomes a Powers Spamming abuse, Again, Against the Terms of use you agree to. As for all the People Erotically Rping in Local chat, I fully hands down agree that should be done in PMs, private channel, there bridge, or another area away from other players. Hands Down Agree. I do not Play an Orion. People that watch the rooms I am in easily know my Opinion on ERP, Especially in Local. Role playing I have no problems with. As long as it is actually Role playing. Also that you are not taking over the entire chat on other players. I have seen Role playing groups verbally attack other players and try to chase them out of local. Local is for all, You have to get along with everyone else and be tasteful about it. Is there ERPers in the KDF fleet, yeah, I won't lie, But its also in our charter you sign to be in it that you keep it out of local and keep it to private channels.
This discussion has been closed.